Secret video filmed?

Ryan

Ive spoken to a vocal coach who is an INCREDIBLEEEEEEEEE singer himself. I mean this man can outsing any man AND female vocalist thats in the industry right now and he just so happens to be a Janet fan. So I had asked him what did he think of Janet's vocals on "What Can I Say" and he said she sounds great on the song and that Janet had been needing for someone to push her vocal abilities because she limits herself. Speaking as a vocal coach, he said that she doesnt stretch her range enough and that she is capable of having a louder voice just due to how he has heard her holler,scream and shout during her concerts. He said if you can shout loudly you can sing in that same pattern. And Ive always felt that Jimmy and Terry probably dont push Janet much cus how she sings is her comfort zone. I guess Ive always hated how ppl dont view her as having much of a voice, so I always wanted her to kinda build on what she does have vocally cus it could have only improved over time. 

Yea I read an interview a few years back with a famous producer who I can't remember right now, who wanted to work with Janet and said the same thing. Lol it actually sounds like you're quoting that interview. But Janet can get louder & I think she does have some range, but also over the years her voice matured and deepened. That also plays a part in her range and what she can do. This album showed me that there was still some reach in there. It also showed me how producers make a big diff. I think Jimmy & Terry know how her vocals sound best. And personally I think they do push her but she can go further. 

• Upvote 1

Oh yea, and I don't think that Janet would be over singing I think she would be just singing lol. Using her voice's potential. Janet's LWNDWY is the shit, especially the end Lonely is too. HDKIA is something that showed she could go there but I think after a certain point her voice matured and she couldn't get that high anymore. It happens. Unbreakable has had some of the best vocals since the VR. AFY is a very good track vocally but I think it can get lost in being so POP that you don't focus on her vocals. Also FHTF is another track that I think does Janet some justice without it being high notes, but IF I had to choose a song where she played into the whisper perfectly & showed beautiful vocals I would say "Anything" which is one of my favorite tracks on VR  

Lol this could be a thread all by itself I could talk about her singing for days. 

• Upvote 5

Adele more of an unstoppable powerhouse than an industry puppet. You must have her confused with Whitney Houston or Celine Dion :unsure: 

Even if Janet's base is Black R&B Jammin Oldies, Dammn Baby is not. It's fresh.. It's current.

Whitney would have made it without Clive.  Adele needs the machine.  Her album is not that great nor is her vocal range or music.  She is not a powerhouse.  Thats what they've brainwashed you to believe.  She would have been destroyed in that Soul Train cypher with those women.  And with her being a one trick pony she will not have the longevity of a Whitney. She can't do movies, she can't model, she's not funny.  She is a furby, tickle me elmo, slip and slide, she will be gone when the next overseas sensation dazzles us.   Dammn Baby is not current.  It has a message to it.  Current music has no message.  

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 2

You'll be quite surprised what a sing can or cannot do when you hear them exercise their voice during trainings.

I know EXACTLY what you mean cus I listened to the audio recordings of MJ doing vocal exercises with his vocal coach and he floored me with some of the capabilities of his voice. Michael Jackson's range was far more broader than you'd think cus on record..,he gives you,well..."Michael Jackson" .. yknow the grunts and hiccups and all the other shit but when u hear him with his vocal coach...you would swear it was a different person. Lets juss say he limited himself on record. 

• Upvote 4

Yea I read an interview a few years back with a famous producer who I can't remember right now, who wanted to work with Janet and said the same thing. Lol it actually sounds like you're quoting that interview. But Janet can get louder & I think she does have some range, but also over the years her voice matured and deepened. That also plays a part in her range and what she can do. This album showed me that there was still some reach in there. It also showed me how producers make a big diff. I think Jimmy & Terry know how her vocals sound best. And personally I think they do push her but she can go further. 

It was Bslade who you are talking about and who i spoke with lol he use to be a.gospel singer under the name Tonex but finally broke loose of that and started doing secular music. He and I use to dm each other on twitter all the time. Mostly discussing Janet. He is one ofthe best vocalist ive ever her in my entire life, so I take his opinion very seriously. 

Oh yea, and I don't think that Janet would be over singing I think she would be just singing lol. Using her voice's potential. Janet's LWNDWY is the shit, especially the end Lonely is too. HDKIA is something that showed she could go there but I think after a certain point her voice matured and she couldn't get that high anymore. It happens. Unbreakable has had some of the best vocals since the VR. AFY is a very good track vocally but I think it can get lost in being so POP that you don't focus on her vocals. Also FHTF is another track that I think does Janet some justice without it being high notes, but IF I had to choose a song where she played into the whisper perfectly & showed beautiful vocals I would say "Anything" which is one of my favorite tracks on VR  

Lol this could be a thread all by itself I could talk about her singing for days. 

this whole entire post just took me HIGHER!! You are PREACHINGGGGGG!! I agree with ever single damn word :lol: 

• Upvote 3

It was Bslade who you are talking about and who i spoke with lol he use to be a.gospel singer under the name Tonex but finally broke loose of that and started doing secular music. He and I use to dm each other on twitter all the time. Mostly discussing Janet. He is one ofthe best vocalist ive ever her in my entire life, so I take his opinion very seriously. 

oh yeah! B slade he is a great singer! I was listening to his rendition of "I get so lonely" yesterday and fell in love with it. He is a huge Janet fan.

Whitney would have made it without Clive.  Adele needs the machine.  Her album is not that great nor is her vocal range or music.  She is not a powerhouse.  Thats what they've brainwashed you to believe.  She would have been destroyed in that Soul Train cypher with those women.  And with her being a one trick pony she will not have the longevity of a Whitney. She can't do movies, she can't model, she's not funny.  She is a furby, tickle me elmo, slip and slide, she will be gone when the next overseas sensation dazzles us.   Dammn Baby is not current.  It has a message to it.  Current music has no message.  

:lmao: na she wouldn't bc Clive is literally the machine that ran her. Without Clive... There's no Whitney Houston

She still writes her own songs instead of being handed songs and bring told to sing. Idgaf about powerhouse. Can Adele sing? Yes.. Moving on 

Message? Messaging being "I slay"

• Downvote 1

I have never seen this much hate for Adele ever. I mean absolutely no disrespect but to say Adele can't sing but your a fan of Janet whose range isn't nearly powerhouse or close to Adele feels hypocritical. No one has been brainwashed to think Adele can sing or is a powerhouse. If a person has ears & watches her, especially live, she's an effortless talent. 

Shes also a writer, and her vocal range is epic. Everyone can have an opinion, but this post felt more like hate for the success she's getting 

• Upvote 3

I have never seen this much hate for Adele ever. I mean absolutely no disrespect but to say Adele can't sing but your a fan of Janet whose range isn't nearly powerhouse or close to Adele feels hypocritical. No one has been brainwashed to think Adele can sing or is a powerhouse. If a person has ears & watches her, especially live, she's an effortless talent. 

Shes also a writer, and her vocal range is epic. Everyone can have an opinion, but this post felt more like hate for the success she's getting 

B I N G O 

Voice Type: Dark Mezzo-Soprano (2 octaves, 4 notes)

Yes! and with that being said, FUCK ADELEPHANT!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Adele CAN sing but she is NOT like this undisputed powerhouse vocalist. Jhud is a POWERHOUSE for example. Jhud could sing circles around Adele and drown her out easily. Adele sounds far more amazing on record than she does live. Adele herself has even said she's never really that impressed with her live vocals and that she knows that she's always pitchy. NOW SEE , thats what I LOVE about Adele is her pure honesty. She's not afraid to keep it real even when its about herself. Her personality is one of the best in the business. I love Adele as a person. She's fun ,witty ,down to earth and so likable 

• Upvote 2

I know EXACTLY what you mean cus I listened to the audio recordings of MJ doing vocal exercises with his vocal coach and he floored me with some of the capabilities of his voice. Michael Jackson's range was far more broader than you'd think cus on record..,he gives you,well..."Michael Jackson" .. yknow the grunts and hiccups and all the other shit but when u hear him with his vocal coach...you would swear it was a different person. Lets juss say he limited himself on record. 

You know what's interesting, is that it wasn't just him or Janet...a lot of popular music artists limit themselves on record, and I can't figure out why they would do such a thing. I actually heard Beyonce and Nicole (Pussycat Dolls) exercise their voices, and I was floored! I think that they should be bring back the singing in music.

• Upvote 2

If I were comparing Janet to Adele than yes it would be hypocritical.  Those are two different lanes. Janet may not have her mediocre chops but Janet is multi talented. Slandering a true powerhouse and a true icon like Whitney to make a point about Adele is down right criminal. That flop performance she gave at the grammys on live TV proves my point.  She is talented yes but she is extremely overhyped and would get blown out of the room at any time.  There are artist that remade Hello that sounded better than her. Her range is high yodel low yodel.  That's it.  She could never sing a song like One moment in time or Saving all my love and have that feathery silky voice then build up to the climax.  I don't hate her success.  I am just not here for the manufactured hype.  

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 3

:lmao: na she wouldn't bc Clive is literally the machine that ran her. Without Clive... There's no Whitney Houston

She still writes her own songs instead of being handed songs and bring told to sing. Idgaf about powerhouse. Can Adele sing? Yes.. Moving on 

Message? Messaging being "I slay"

The machine that Adele has is much more powerful. To have that album be named over Thriller by billboard is not of human hands. Whitney would have made it.  She already had connections in the business.   I think Adele should have someone bring her some songs.  She writes about the same thing.  Why did you leave me.  Come back to me.  I am so alone.  I am depressed.  I am so sad.  Its like the song Rose wrote on the Golden Girls.  Onward Saint Olaf Onward we go. go go go go go go go go 

• Upvote 3

If I were comparing Janet to Adele than yes it would be hypocritical.  Those are two different lanes. Janet may not have her mediocre chops but Janet is multi talented. Slandering a true powerhouse and a true icon like Whitney to make a point about Adele is down right criminal. That flop performance she gave at the grammys on live TV proves my point.  She is talented yes but she is extremely overhyped and would get blown out of the room at any time.  There are artist that remade Hello that sounded better than her. Her range is high yodel low yodel.  That's it.  She could never sing a song like One moment in time or Saving all my love and have that feathery silky voice then build up to the climax.  I don't hate her success.  I am just not here for the manufactured hype.  

If you want to judge Adele's success & accolades by one pitchy performance I can pull up one performance of Whitney where she sounds HELLA mediocre & do the same. They're human & when you're actually singing live you run the risk of not being perfect. Every excellent vocalist has their day and time. No performance is great EVERY time. That's called being human. I disagree that Adele sounds better on albums vs. live. IMO, she sounds the same MOST times which is what makes her excellent. 

Janet also doesn't see the hype behind her dancing or her vocals, but she believes in her acting - which in my opinion is the lesser of the 3 - would we call Janet's perspective of her talents proof of her being mediocre? Can we say "Janet's mediocre dancing & singing, which she too says is not that great..." Does that make the point or perspective more valid? Idk, it just feels like shots for no reason. Yes Whitney is a talent that is a beast all by herself but so is Adele. Ones greatness doesn't lessen the others. As far as JHud, her vocals are powerful but they're loud as fuck & that's part of her dilemma. They can't quite make marketable music for her because she's so loud & it can even become obnoxious. What you're calling manufactured seems to be created more by the ears than the industry. 

Edited by FreelovesJJ
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Janet simply doesn't like to over sing and she has said that before.  I still can see a Sade style of an album for Janet like "Soldier of Love" but you guys would raise hell.  But I will say her vocals on "Unbreakable" are my favorite since "The Velvet Rope" and "R.N.". Remember the b side to "You Need Me"?.....she was going off!

Maybe she doesn't sing out as much because she doesn't want MJ comparisons and wants a distinct voice. Whether you like her or not, Janet's voice is unique. On this new album, people have been trying to find MJ's voice in every little thing. It's kinda annoying at times.

• Upvote 2

Maybe she doesn't sing out as much because she doesn't want MJ comparisons and wants a distinct voice. Whether you like her or not, Janet's voice is unique. On this new album, people have been trying to find MJ's voice in every little thing. It's kinda annoying at times.

I have a genuine question. Why does that annoy people when they came from the same nutsack & egg combination? Lol it's something they literally cannot help, and it's actually true. It could be why they're the most successful from the family because they share the same "it" quality in their voice. It's like being annoyed with their parents for making similar siblings lol. 

And she she would limit her true ability so she isn't compared? I don't think that's the reason & honestly I think when Mike sang out & she sings out, it's similar but Mike had a little something different. 

I have a genuine question. Why does that annoy people when they came from the same nutsack & egg combination? Lol it's something they literally cannot help, and it's actually true. It could be why they're the most successful from the family because they share the same "it" quality in their voice. It's like being annoyed with their parents for making similar siblings lol. 

And she she would limit her true ability so she isn't compared? I don't think that's the reason & honestly I think when Mike sang out & she sings out, it's similar but Mike had a little something different. 

I should have been more clear. I find it annoying when people try to use it to insinuate that she's trying to copy him/ wants to be him

As for the limiting voice thing, I was just throwing out random ideas tbh

Edited by __VelvetKnowledge1814
  • Upvote 2