Unbreakable Diamond Collection: New photos on Page II

Speculations and assumptions just to bring you closer to some conclusion makes a COMPLETE fool out of some of you. You all sound as ridiculous as the media with assuming the "throat cancer" thing.

Janet is having surgery + Postponed dates due to vocal rest = CLEARLY, SHE HAS THROAT CANCER!!!!

Janet is married now = CLEARLY every single thing she is doing career/businesswise is cus of her HUSBAND. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I know you didn't, and I was not coming for you. I decided to state my personal opinion on the main "Wissam is telling Janet what to do" topics.

I know. I was referring to Game and that other thing currently in my quotes! Lolz

• Downvote 1

Speculations and assumptions just to bring you closer to some conclusion makes a COMPLETE fool out of some of you. You all sound as ridiculous as the media with assuming the "throat cancer" thing.

Janet is having surgery + Postponed dates due to vocal rest = CLEARLY, SHE HAS THROAT CANCER!!!!

Janet is married now = CLEARLY every single thing she is doing career/businesswise is cus of her HUSBAND. 

There is more evidence pointing to Janet's influence by her marriage to Wissam than not. So you can't dismiss any opinions that oppose yours because you also don't know the truth. All anyone can do, yeah, even you and the people who blindly support everything she does, is speculate

Someone please find a couch big enough for all of y'all to take a seat together. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Look here. To be influenced from your current relationship status is DIFFERENT than being told what to do by your spouse. Ppl are insinuating that he is HANDS ON INVOLVED in guiding her (thats who Im speaking to) ...and there is NO EVIDENCE of that. At the end of the day its all still speculation. ... based on what you said...i wasnt even talking to you anyway. Thank YOU. 

• Upvote 2

You guys have to realize that everything she has been doing since Number Ones era has been under the guidance of her new management company.

Nutrisystem and True You both involve recipes from chefs under Kathy's management company, which those two ventures were because of Kathy's management.

Jewelry collections is nothing new for Kathy's management company. Remember, they are the company with the licensing to Liz Taylor's name, and all of the jewelry collaborations were done under Kathy's management company.

So, Janet's diamond collection has more to do with Kathy's management company than her marriage to Wissam. However, because of Wissam, Kathy may have seen a market and place for the sale of Janet's jewelry line.

I don't think Wissam is giving Janet any career or investment advice, it is all coming from her management company and Janet's own will to venture into those endeavors.

I wouldn't be surprised if Janet soon came out with a perfume line as well.

I don't mind Janet coming out with a diamond collection that her fans cannot afford. The main reason why celebrities release perfume lines, is because they are LUCRATIVE!! They want to make money, not give anything to their fans. If they wanted to release a product for their fans, they would release it on their websites, you will find it on sale at their concerts, etc.

So Janet, make your money boo.. :wub:

Is the total silence also coming from her management company.  Was her air dancing to IF coming from her management company.  Was her performing in 80 degree temps in that hot ass outfit comping from her management company.  I guess the lack of promo and not wanting to be seen much is coming from them as well.  This is something that Janet has always done.  Whatever her spouse or partner does she does too.  The last 3 eras IMO have been destroyed by her submission to her men. 

Edited by DasSad
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yeah.. It's called growth and maturity :umm: 

Be emphatic? :lmao: nah I'll pass 

yeah, going from being a fun loving approachable role model and icon for millions of lost souls to only hanging out with rich Arabs is showing real growth. SUUUURE. 

I know she is married to one, and so things would change, but this unapologetic new unapproachable Janet is not cool. She's given us a great album and tour, but it's a bit if a piss take when you don't promote that, but will promote diamonds that 99.9% of the world's population could never afford. 

• Downvote 1

Is the total silence also coming from her management company.  Was her air dancing to IF coming from her management company.  Was her performing in 80 degree temps in that hot ass outfit company from her management company.  I guess the lack of promo and not wanting to be seen much is coming from them as well.  This is something that Janet has always done.  Whatever her spouse or partner does she does too.  The last 3 era IMO have been destroyed by her submission to her men. 

I never mentioned any of those things. Of course we as JanFam know that Janet doesn't like to do promo or be seen in the public. She is doing things her way since she is working under her own label. She doesn't have a record label to pay for her to do tons of interviews or performances. She's not into that.

The Number Ones era was not destroyed by Wissam, Discipline and 20 Y.O. were not destroyed by JD.

Number Ones era was successful at reminding people that Janet exists and is important in music. Discipline and 20 Y.O. were marred by the Superbowl and the pr breakdown aftermath. I will agree that 20 Y.O. was musically influenced by JD, but we have to think about who was the only audience to stay by her side after the Superbowl. Plus, JD had no hand in telling LA to force Janet to record songs that she did not musically have any input for Discipline.

Yes Rene and JD made some influential decisions in Janet's career, but I don't see where Wissam is influencing her. Last time I checked, he never released a book, a jewelry line, or created his own business.

• Upvote 1

And who cares if she is Muslim now that is her choice just as much as it is her choice to still wear crosses. I haven't seen her in one in a while but she was wearing them when she first met Wissam and married him.

yeah it's a choice. Just like is a choice to be a homophobe or a  misogynist. 

I refuse to believe she has converted. How could a woman so known for her support of the LGBT community and woman make such a choice? Is it even possible...

I think she is just respecting her marriage to her husband.

She looks FIIIIIIERCE! And the collection is so beautiful *-*
But guys, those clothes are starting to bother me a bit... :x

I mean, of course she can wear whatever she wants, and I have no problems with the harlem pants/long-sleeved coats. But why not a stylish one? Arabian culture is SO RICH! So many colors, textures, patterns and possibilities. Why not play with that? Embrace it if that's what she's feeling now. Robert Behar WAS THERE WITH HER! Don't know why I still keep my hopes up LOL

She's showing off her Diamonds, but looks like myself on a sunday afternoon wrapped on a blanket while watching The X-Files.

• Upvote 3

I refuse to believe she has converted. How could a woman so known for her support of the LGBT community and woman make such a choice? Is it even possible...

I think she has converted actually. In one of the shots for the one major photo-shoot she did for Unbreakable, there is a photo of her wearing what I think would be considered a stylish version of the burka.

The headdress in the first photo looks a bit like a hijab (my confirmation bias may be clouding my vision however) but the face garment in the second image is definitely something akin to the Muslim religion, no?

If I am wrong about either photo, I will apologize

jacket-jackson-lax-06.jpg

janet-unbreakable-cover-3.jpg

I mean, of course she can wear whatever she wants, and I have no problems with the harlem pants/long-sleeved coats. But why not a stylish one? Arabian culture is SO RICH! So many colors, textures, patterns and possibilities. Why not play with that? Embrace it if that's what she's feeling now. Robert Behar WAS THERE WITH HER! Don't know why I still keep my hopes up LOL

She's showing off her Diamonds, but looks like myself on a sunday afternoon wrapped on a blanket while watching The X-Files.

Her clothing dont bother me, but its seems like she is CONSTANTLY in black now. We know she likes it but damn! It does seem very one dimensional.

I don't think she has converted.  Janet is simply reflecting what her life is now which includes influences from where she is living as well as being married and conscientious to her husband's religion.  And yes it is possible for a Muslim to not be a homophobic or a misogynistic pig.  The modern Muslim community has evolved quite a lot especially here in the U.S. Not all Muslims are extremists or support Jihad, just like not all Muslims are Arab.

I was baptized as a Catholic as a baby and did my first communion only because that is what I was taught and not until my late 20's did I decide to be a Christian when I was baptized in the river Jordan in Israel and understood that I was making a choice to be in relation with Jesus and not be a part of a religious institution. I still find myself practicing "Catholic" rituals when I'm with my family out of respect to my family and my "past" especially during the holidays.

• Upvote 1

Number Ones era was successful at reminding people that Janet exists and is important in music. Discipline and 20 Y.O. were marred by the Superbowl and the pr breakdown aftermath. I will agree that 20 Y.O. was musically influenced by JD, but we have to think about who was the only audience to stay by her side after the Superbowl. Plus, JD had no hand in telling LA to force Janet to record songs that she did not musically have any input for Discipline.

Yes Rene and JD made some influential decisions in Janet's career, but I don't see where Wissam is influencing her. Last time I checked, he never released a book, a jewelry line, or created his own business.

Number ones was not an era.  How can you say Wissam has never created his own business.  :huh:  His business is why she has her business.  And if you look at Janet in terms of men in her life she is very fragile.  I could always see it and I saw it from reading True You.  She feels some need to please these men whether it be her dad or her partner.   So by your logic she would be doing this stuff no promo, not talking, barely taking photos if she were single? 

All organized religions are homophobic. I think she has converted.  I knew that when she skipped the Amfar ceremony

The woman Wissam was standing with had on a better outfit.  She was covered as well.  I don't get who you let your wife go to an event like that especially her first jewelry show.   They have beautiful clothes as you said. He could have gotten her something for the night.  I am not a fan of his.  Sorry fam 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think some times people think independence means rebellion, or it means uninfluenced, but sometimes independence is also shown by what you accept & who you allow to be your advisor. I think what one person said makes sense about Kathy Ireland & how it aligns with the Liz Taylor legacy, but in the same breath, if you can acknowledge Janet's connection AND APPROVAL of the management's direction...why is it not possible to see the same thing for her husband having influence?

IMO, it's illogical to be married to a billionaire & not ask or consider advice from a business perspective. When Janet got married & started living as his wife her entire circle shifted, because now she is family with his family and she is in places...she would never have gone just by the default of marriage. That's common for all people, so when it comes to business in every other circumstance of her life she leaned into her relationship for business collaborations what makes this different? And if ANYTHING isn't that one of the goals & perks of marriage? Building together? Consideration, conversations, connections, expansion? 

And for every person upset that they can't buy the diamonds...I feel it can sound a little obsessive. There's millions of things for you to be able to consume with your money...Janet has music, movies, DVDs, book, videos etc. it's not her duty to pigeon hole her endeavors due to one niche aspect of her life. She seems to have more fans in even higher places too. Why can't they get exclusive things to up her bank account? Lastly, Wissam...just like Kathy Ireland, has a whole career connected to luxury items. If you're argument is that this feels elitist, then hey maybe it's perspective. I'll chose to believe those diamonds are from clean sources...every diamond isn't a blood diamond, and it's illegal in many places. 

• Upvote 2

I think some times people think independence means rebellion, or it means uninfluenced, but sometimes independence is also shown by what you accept & who you allow to be your advisor. I think what one person said makes sense about Kathy Ireland & how it aligns with the Liz Taylor legacy, but in the same breath, if you can acknowledge Janet's connection AND APPROVAL of the management's direction...why is it not possible to see the same thing for her husband having influence?

IMO, it's illogical to be married to a billionaire & not ask or consider advice from a business perspective. When Janet got married & started living as his wife her entire circle shifted, because now she is family with his family and she is in places...she would never have gone just by the default of marriage. That's common for all people, so when it comes to business in every other circumstance of her life she leaned into her relationship for business collaborations what makes this different? And if ANYTHING isn't that one of the goals & perks of marriage? Building together? Consideration, conversations, connections, expansion? 

And for every person upset that they can't buy the diamonds...I feel it can sound a little obsessive. There's millions of things for you to be able to consume with your money...Janet has music, movies, DVDs, book, videos etc. it's not her duty to pigeon hole her endeavors due to one niche aspect of her life. She seems to have more fans in even higher places too. Why can't they get exclusive things to up her bank account? Lastly, Wissam...just like Kathy Ireland, has a whole career connected to luxury items. If you're argument is that this feels elitist, then hey maybe it's perspective. I'll chose to believe those diamonds are from clean sources...every diamond isn't a blood diamond, and it's illegal in many places. 

I don't think people care what Janet does to supplement her income. The fact that people can't buy these diamonds isn't really the point. It's that she came back promising a new movement and an era for the fans, and that she had "been listening" and it really hasn't amounted to a whole lot. The one thing she was actually doing was the tour, and she's left a lot of fans in the lurch to promote some diamond collection. It's basically a really big fuck you to her fans. If you weren't going to actually see an era through, don't bother getting everyone's hopes up. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I don't think people care what Janet does to supplement her income. The fact that people can't buy these diamonds isn't really the point. It's that she came back promising a new movement and an era for the fans, and that she had "been listening" and it really hasn't amounted to a whole lot. The one thing she was actually doing was the tour, and she's left a lot of fans in the lurch to promote some diamond collection. It's basically a really big fuck you to her fans. If you weren't going to actually see an era through, don't bother getting everyone's hopes up. 

well that's a different argument from the one I was addressing. Even though your grievances have some valid truth I think the business side of the tour has had some glitches, and despite what anyone is saying, the only thing that makes logical sense is that it didn't sell enough to pay for the production & make a profit. Yes she slept heavily on promotion and no one knows exactly why, but I don't think Janet is giving a blatant fuck you to her fans-specifically. I think she made some compromises and decisions that did not promote her tour or music enough. I have no clue why. 

But without doubt, I don't see Janet & Live Nation cancelling full shows just to say fuck you to fans. That's not really logical for either of their pockets. She could say more, unless under some type of contract, but she could engage much more. 

• Upvote 1