Unbreakable Diamond Collection: New photos on Page II

Is the total silence also coming from her management company.  Was her air dancing to IF coming from her management company.  Was her performing in 80 degree temps in that hot ass outfit comping from her management company.  I guess the lack of promo and not wanting to be seen much is coming from them as well.  This is something that Janet has always done.  Whatever her spouse or partner does she does too.  The last 3 eras IMO have been destroyed by her submission to her men. 

nah Discipline was doing just fine until L.A. Reid started his shit

• Upvote 1

Fans are so used to Janet's men being "in charge" of her career.. Wissam is NOT in the entertainment industry. He is an outsider. He may have a wallet the size of Texas but he's not running a legend's career with ZERO experience 

People forget/ignore the positive (Kathy's interviews about deals with Janet Jackson) but ask the pessimists how many dates Janet's canceled and they'll be happy to tell you :coffee: Very telling 

Edited by #UnbreakableGame
  • Upvote 4

I don't think people care what Janet does to supplement her income. The fact that people can't buy these diamonds isn't really the point. It's that she came back promising a new movement and an era for the fans, and that she had "been listening" and it really hasn't amounted to a whole lot. The one thing she was actually doing was the tour, and she's left a lot of fans in the lurch to promote some diamond collection. It's basically a really big fuck you to her fans. If you weren't going to actually see an era through, don't bother getting everyone's hopes up. 

Exactly!

I'm not bothered that she choices to sell diamonds, to me that's cool. What bothers me is that she is doing this after shitting over her loyal fans who wanted a real era with promo and to see her live in Europe. 

• Upvote 1

I think some times people think independence means rebellion, or it means uninfluenced, but sometimes independence is also shown by what you accept & who you allow to be your advisor. I think what one person said makes sense about Kathy Ireland & how it aligns with the Liz Taylor legacy, but in the same breath, if you can acknowledge Janet's connection AND APPROVAL of the management's direction...why is it not possible to see the same thing for her husband having influence?

IMO, it's illogical to be married to a billionaire & not ask or consider advice from a business perspective. When Janet got married & started living as his wife her entire circle shifted, because now she is family with his family and she is in places...she would never have gone just by the default of marriage. That's common for all people, so when it comes to business in every other circumstance of her life she leaned into her relationship for business collaborations what makes this different? And if ANYTHING isn't that one of the goals & perks of marriage? Building together? Consideration, conversations, connections, expansion? 

And for every person upset that they can't buy the diamonds...I feel it can sound a little obsessive. There's millions of things for you to be able to consume with your money...Janet has music, movies, DVDs, book, videos etc. it's not her duty to pigeon hole her endeavors due to one niche aspect of her life. She seems to have more fans in even higher places too. Why can't they get exclusive things to up her bank account? Lastly, Wissam...just like Kathy Ireland, has a whole career connected to luxury items. If you're argument is that this feels elitist, then hey maybe it's perspective. I'll chose to believe those diamonds are from clean sources...every diamond isn't a blood diamond, and it's illegal in many places. 

thank you

• Upvote 1

yes it is possible for a Muslim to not be a homophobic or a misogynistic pig.  The modern Muslim community has evolved quite a lot especially here in the U.S.

Maybe, but from what I've noticed they don't denounce it. And janet is not associating herself with those modern Muslims from what I can see. She's associating herself with Arabs who live in an extremely misogynistic country both legally and culturally. 

It is sad that she's now choosing to skip Amfar and go to a Dubai horse race instead.

Edited by Freexone1

Exactly!

I'm not bothered that she choices to sell diamonds, to me that's cool. What bothers me is that she is doing this after shitting over her loyal fans who wanted a real era with promo and to see her live in Europe. 

You all want promo but you haven't an idea how independent artists work. If Janet wanted a "real era" she would have signed a contract 

And she didn't cancel Europe... LN did

Fans are so used to Janet's men being "in charge" of her career.. Wissam is NOT in the entertainment industry. He is an outsider. He may have a wallet the size of Texas but he's not running a legend's career with ZERO experience 

People forget/ignore the positive (Kathy's interviews about deals with Janet Jackson) but ask the pessimists how many dates Janet's canceled and they'll be happy to tell you :coffee: Very telling 

Proving my point again thank you ^_^ She is now an outsider too.  Influence.  At the moment she is not in the entertainment industry either.  

Maybe, but from what I've noticed they don't denounce it. And janet is not associating herself with those modern Muslims from what I can see. She's associating herself with Arabs who live in an extremely misogynistic country both legally and culturally. 

It is sad that she's now choosing to skip Amfar and go to a Dubai horse race instead.

The modern Muslims are the ones that Kevin Hart and Tyrese hang out with.  If you look at their IG pages their women are free.  I think alot of them tolerate homosexuality the same way gospel group Mary Mary does.  They have several gay men around them but openly denounce homosexuality and call it a sin. Several people were executed in Saudi Arabia over the weekend for coming out.  It was trending on twitter.  There is beauty to the religion but also some very dangerous aspects to it when it relates to women.  Which is interesting considering Janet's esteem and self worth issues.  

Proving my point again thank you ^_^ She is now an outsider too.  Influence.  At the moment she is not in the entertainment industry either.  

The modern Muslims are the ones that Kevin Hart and Tyrese hang out with.  If you look at their IG pages their women are free.  I think alot of them tolerate homosexuality the same way gospel group Mary Mary does.  They have several gay men around them but openly denounce homosexuality and call it a sin. Several people were executed in Saudi Arabia over the weekend for coming out.  It was trending on twitter.  There is beauty to the religion but also some very dangerous aspects to it when it relates to women.  Which is interesting considering Janet's esteem and self worth issues.  

One can't be a music icon, legend and an outsider. That's like calling President Obama an outsider in Jan. 2017 :wacko: 

• Downvote 1

You all want promo but you haven't an idea how independent artists work. If Janet wanted a "real era" she would have signed a contract 

Whilst I agree with most of what you say regarding this era, being an independent artist doesn't necessarily mean you don't do any promo. Janet is lucky that she didn't have to do any promo in the US as she can sell an album and tour off of the back of her name in her native country because if it was someone like Tamia (and I know you'll reply "who?" or "I don't know her") who was independent, you have to hustle hard to get your name/project out there.

LN were punks for that.

Edited by Dammn Bu

Whilst I agree with most of what you say regarding this era, being an independent artist doesn't necessarily mean you don't do any promo. Janet is lucky that she didn't have to do any promo in the US as she can sell an album and tour off of the back of her name in her native country because if it was someone like Tamia (and I know you'll reply "who?" or "I don't know her") who was independent, you have to hustle hard to get your name/project out there.

LN were punks for that.

She's very lucky and her plan worked. There's no room in the budget for promo. The main difference between Janet and other independent artists is that Janet is a legend. 

The reasoning behind Janet being Indy was to get her music out, her way.. Her own sound... Her control. That's not what some of these fans want. Some fans would rather have this huge promotional tour with a shit album. Pick one. Would you rather have a Discipline/20YO or Unbreakable? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

She's very lucky and her plan worked. There's no room in the budget for promo. The main difference between Janet and other independent artists is that Janet is a legend. 

The reasoning behind Janet being Indy was to get her music out, her way.. Her own sound... Her control. That's not what some of these fans want. Some fans would rather have this huge promotional tour with a shit album. Pick one. Would you rather have a Discipline/20YO or Unbreakable? 

I'd rather have Unbreakable with 20 Y.O's promo :shifty:. I'm greedy though. 

• Upvote 3

tour date cancellations are alot more in the media...its alot easier to be reminded of that than an interwiew with her management company. I think it is easy to forget the positives, especially when then they are not coming from Janet herself.

Stop breaking it down to being so simplistic. She didnt need to dopromo on a 20YO scale. One or two would have been nice. Its not impossible to have a great album and do some promo. But appear accessible at least, engage with the fans if its for them. If  she had done just one interview/recording of her answering questions from fans only, i would have been happy.

Edited by vibeology

there are lots of examples of independent artists promoting.

One if my favourites, the 80s band Simply Red (Mick Hucknall) went independent in 2003. They've had a video for every single since, appeared on numerous tv shows and interviews since and still tour the globe selling out arenas. 

I'd say Mick Hucknell is worth about 100 million. Janet's worth twice if not more and she can't afford to promote!? 

It's clearly a choice. 

• Upvote 1

there are lots of examples of independent artists promoting.

One if my favourites, the 80s band Simply Red (Mick Hucknall) went independent in 2003. They've had a video for every single since, appeared on numerous tv shows and interviews since and still tour the globe selling out arenas. 

I'd say Mick Hucknell is worth about 100 million. Janet's worth twice if not more and she can't afford to promote!? 

It's clearly a choice. 

You have one example of someone no one has heard of. Name a pop star that does it. 

As far as this group, they resigned with East West Records before releasing their 2015 album which falls under Warner Bros. I wonder why :umm: 

LOL at "went" independent... Nah they had to bc their label dropped them

Edited by #UnbreakableGame
  • Downvote 1

Stop breaking it down to being so simplistic. She didnt need to dopromo on a 20YO scale. One or two would have been nice. Its not impossible to have a great album and do some promo. But appear accessible at least, engage with the fans if its for them. If  she had done just one interview/recording of her answering questions from fans only, i would have been happy.

That would be nice but unrealistic.. People want MORE.. They want MORE now.. You want one or two now but then you will want more.. Until Unbreakable is in the RED

Fan only interviews are worse than media-ran interviews.

That would be nice but unrealistic.. People want MORE.. They want MORE now.. You want one or two now but then you will want more.. Until Unbreakable is in the RED

The only thing thats unrealistic is your levels of justification for how this era has turned out so far

Its completely realistic! Do you know how people I have read about in the UK who like "I loved Janet back in the day...i may have bought tickets IF i knew about the tour, but im not sure you can cut it how she used to". Well one of two tv performances would have put that to rest swiftly. Seats sold, less chance of cancelling. This could be applied anywhere.

Stop being distanct from the fans you "love" so much. The album is for them, engage with them. They will invest in you, including tour tickets. She is tired of the media we get it.If the fans interview you, she'd likely get questions never asked before (cuz we know she gets asked the same shit over). Other people see it "oh Janets back out again" and she has something to say thats different from before...garner interest for your independent brand.

• Upvote 2

They're so thirsty because they've got none of that yet. 

Not really.  Fans of the artist usually know more about the artist than the media which asks superficial questions that she's probably been avoiding... (Wissam,  religion,  health,  Michael & family etc.)

She really didn't even need to do a traditional interview.  There are so many ways to reach people now that you don't have to run to Oprah or Diane Sawyer anymore. Just imagine the traffic her website would have gotten if she just spoke for 10 minutes or 5 even talking about this album and the tour and preparation for it.  As I became more aware I can see now that she probably is not allowed to do that. 

You have one example of someone no one has heard of. Name a pop star that does it. 

As far as this group, they resigned with East West Records before releasing their 2015 album which falls under Warner Bros. I wonder why :umm: 

LOL at "went" independent... Nah they had to bc their label dropped them

You keep proving peoples points Game I love it. ^_^  This is why you have to do some form of promo

The only thing thats unrealistic is your levels of justification for how this era has turned out so far

Its completely realistic! Do you know how people I have read about in the UK who like "I loved Janet back in the day...i may have bought tickets IF i knew about the tour, but im not sure you can cut it how she used to". Well one of two tv performances would have put that to rest swiftly. Seats sold, less chance of cancelling. This could be applied anywhere.

Stop being distanct from the fans you "love" so much. The album is for them, engage with them. They will invest in you, including tour tickets. She is tired of the media we get it.If the fans interview you, she'd likely get questions never asked before (cuz we know she gets asked the same shit over). Other people see it "oh Janets back out again" and she has something to say thats different from before...garner interest for your independent brand.

The problem sounds like you all care about what other day, think, do about Janet. I don't. I know she has a tour.. I bought tickets to that tour. I bought the album. I'm enjoying the era. Let Janet worry about them and you worry about you. 

I like your idea. It is realistic BUT only if Janet wanted to and she clearly didn't/don't and that's fine by me

• Upvote 2

The problem sounds like you all care about what other day, think, do about Janet. I don't. I know she has a tour.. I bought tickets to that tour. I bought the album. I'm enjoying the era. Let Janet worry about them and you worry about you. 

I like your idea. It is realistic BUT only if Janet wanted to and she clearly didn't/don't and that's fine by me

Im greedy....i saw her in NC but wanted to see her again in my home country. The cancellation has been the main dissapointment for me. Everything else i can live with. Point im making is promo could have been done when it seems your trying to say it  couldnt.

Edited by vibeology

Im greedy....i saw her in NC but wanted to see her again in my home country. The cancellation has been the main dissapointment for me. Everything else i can live with. Point im making is promo could have been done when it seems your trying to say it  couldnt.

It's not impossible. Just a poor business decision as an Indy artist