Janet & Wissam Having a Baby

J.

although I regret your loss in that regard, any fan of any artist that travels to see that artist takes on the risk the event may not occur, so when you do travel you have to use really good judgment like okay Im in Vegas to see Janet, but if not im still in Vegas .....

yeah, but janet also cancelled on me in 2001 (uk ALL4U tour)

and don't bother with that hollow excuse of "safety concerns" coz she went right ahead and added another leg in the U.S, the country under attack, and plenty of other artists carried on touring overseas.

Angela.....can you delete this entire post and thread?  It's truly an embarrassment.  This should be a celebration!  Janet is finally choosing to have a family and is most likely and truly pregnant and she should be receiving nothing but love from us.  I would hate for her to read some of these posts especially the ones that say Janet became pregnant on purpose in order to cancel the tour.  Do people not realize that it can take up to more than a year to finally get IVF right?  All these theories and comments are such a slap to Janet's happiness.  If anything can everyone delete their theories and just write "Congratulations Janet....we are so happy for you!"  And if you are not happy for her don't say anything at all and delete your stupid comments and theories.  I'm so disappointed in this group as a whole.  This is a child we are talking about.  A child is a miracle!  Janet knows she has disappointment some with her news when she said "please understand".....Janet should not have to apologize for wanting a family. 

Gosh even the news are just reporting...."Coming up next....Janet Jackson delivers message to fans that they did not want to hear and they are not happy about her good news."

Look imma pull a 180 right now.. Ultimately 5,10 years from now not many people will remember her cancelling these shows (myself included)..

What people will remember is the fact that she's a mom, something that's completely foreign to her... Legitimately something she's never done before, unlike touring.. So in that regards, it's pretty damn exciting, sure..

I remember when I held my daughter for the first time.. My wife had a C-section, so after she was born the nurses cleaned her up, took her weight and measurements, then wrapped her in a blanket and handed her to me.. While they put my wife back together, they had me wait in the hallway for a good 15 mins, and this was the OR wing of the hospital, so the hall was completely empty... And for those 15 mins I spent with my newborn little girl, distraction-free, I'll cherish forever.. I made some promises in those minutes that I'll keep until the day I die..

having a child (especially for the first time ever) is an almost out-of-body experience, life changing in every sense of the word... I know my fellow parents around here can attest to that..

im genuinely happy for her, and although disappointed it put a halt to seemingly everything in her career, who knows...? She could still film non-dance videos perhaps.. Listen to the lyrics of "Take Me Away" with her being pregnant in mind.. It takes on a new meaning! She could commemorate this new chapter in her life by appearing as her pregnant self in a video for TMA!

do I think it's gonna happen??.... 

NOPE!

but it's fun to imagine right....?!

.....yea I'm pretty lit

giphy_zps3zrfnhrl.gif

• Upvote 5

Congrats to Janet! I'm very happy for her. After all she's been through she deserves nothing but happiness. I would be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed though. I bought two tickets for the tour and this is the second postponement/cancellation. I'll be getting a refund for one of the shows and really hope that she does indeed reschedule the other one. I really want to experience this tour live. I haven't even really watched any of the tour videos on YT because I want to experience it all in person. :lol:

Look imma pull a 180 right now.. Ultimately 5,10 years from now not many people will remember her cancelling these shows (myself included)..

What people will remember is the fact that she's a mom, something that's completely foreign to her... Legitimately something she's never done before, unlike touring.. So in that regards, it's pretty damn exciting, sure..

I remember when I help my daughter for the first time.. My wife had a C-section, so after she was born the nurses cleaned her up, took her weight and measurements, then wrapped her in a blanket and handed her to me.. While they put my wife back together, they had me wait in the hallway for a good 15 mins, and this was the OR wing of the hospital, so the hall was completely empty... And for those 15 mins I spent with my newborn little girl, distraction-free, I'll cherish forever.. I made some promises in those minutes that I'll keep until the day I die..

having a child (especially for the first time ever) is an almost out-of-body experience, life changing in every sense of the word... I know my fellow parents around here can attest to that..

im genuinely happy for her, and although disappointed it put a halt to seemingly everything in her career, who knows...? She could still film non-dance videos perhaps.. Listen to the lyrics of "Take Me Away" with her being pregnant in mind.. It takes on a new meaning! She could commemorate this new chapter in her life by appearing as her pregnant self in a video for TMA!

do I think it's gonna happen??.... 

NOPE!

but it's fun to imagine right....?!

.....yea I'm pretty lit

giphy_zps3zrfnhrl.gif

that's all good.....if she actually has a baby....otherwise it sounds like another excuse to not honor those touring obligations, so I feel like this, if she produces a child that she had then I will not only be excited I will fully understand....now no baby that's another story :filenails:

Don't believe it

sorry not sorry.

I don't know what to think....she just pulled the plug I guess, IDK Im indifferent considering a year ago we've had a lot more come our way than I thought we would. Im grateful I saw the show, I think it was a good time for Janet to comeback but a lot of stuff went off the rails. I do hope her and the hubby continue to do well. I just find it odd that at this time during a tour after being married 4 years or whatever they now decide oh let's have a child....that's something I would think both parties would have talked about long ago esp considering Janet's age but I wish her the best

I told y'all Wissam is definitely in control. I love Janet and i'm happy she's having a baby but at 50? That's gonna be kind of embarrassing to be mistaken for the child's grandmother. Wissam wasn't playing. He wants heirs to his throne. Janet gave us an album and she wasn't interested in no tour. Honestly she shouldn't of started a tour if she wasn't gonna finish it so if fans are mad I totally understand them. Janet's into other ventures besides music.

Edited by JoeJoe

that's all good.....if she actually has a baby....otherwise it sounds like another excuse to not honor those touring obligations, so I feel like this, if she produces a child that she had then I will not only be excited I will fully understand....now no baby that's another story :filenails:

giphy_zpsme6sxysf.gif

• Upvote 2

Don't you think she would have come up with another serious excuse to cancel the tour instead of making up some bullshit about being pregnant knowing that people would second guess her because of her age.  Think about it people.  When the rumors came out about what surgery Janet was having and the cancer rumors started Janet quickly responded to that and said she didn't have cancer.  She didn't want her fans to think she might be dying soon.  And if you listen to the message she says "there has been a sudden change."  Emphasis on SUDDEN.  "My husband and I are planning our family, so I'm gonna have to delay the tour, please if you could try and understand that it is very important that I do this NOW. I have to rest up.  Doctor's orders." Before she says "my husband and I are planning our family" you could hear Janet's heart drop with excitement maybe even disbelief as she took a breath.  

Obviously Janet might have been trying since her and Wissam got married and when you are doing IVF it could take a couple of years for it to happen as you learn through the process that there could be other complications getting in the way such as having an inhabitable uterus which can be corrected at times. And when the IVF is a success you have to run with it and God willing see the pregnancy through.  Janet probably was pregnant a couple of times, I wouldn't doubt it and she could have had miscarriages within the first 2 months.  This is the most challenging experience for a woman to go through when it comes to trying to have children with a lot of odds against you.  You have to take so many different types of shots weekly and you just keep trying until it happens.  

I doubt Wissam put his foot down and said "We are going to have a baby now damn it so you have to quit your tour".....ummm no it aint going down like that especially with Janet.  This is something that Janet wants with Wissam and the clock is ticking and Janet needs to embrace this miracle.  At the same time Janet had to continue with her career knowing that a pregnancy would alter any project she might be working on such as the tour.  "Sudden" is very key here as well as "Now".  We should be so thankful that we got "Unbreakable" the album to begin with.  Thank you Janet. 

I'm truly happy for Janet.  Janet has lied of course over the years but they weren't malicious lies to her fans, they were lies to keep her privacy intact. She owes us nothing as far as any further explanations. Now just imagine that Janet might have a son or daughter to keep her legacy going....that in itself is a very special gift should her child decide to go into the business as well.  And knowing how strong the Jackson gene is, you never know! The news is eating it up!  Nothing but positive congrats without any shade from the news so far. 

• Upvote 4

Gotta say it's something to be said when TMZ is more supportive and their theories sound more reasonable than here. I like Harvey's theory, that basically motherhood probably wasn't on her radar, then bloop, somewhere down the line in recent months either she got pregnant and lost it, or got & is pregant now.

My own little theory that I'm not giving much of anything to (as stated a million times, we all have theories but it's when you're convinced it's the truth without much of any evidence to go on you look cray) whatever she had surgery about recently maybe struck a nerve that this is something she wants, OR her doctor or whatever put the pressure on that NOW is the time, as soon as you can

• Upvote 5

Whoa! People are all over the fucking place in here. Look guys, I'm thoroughly pissed the fuck off that this era was shit. However, Janet's baby is more important than the tour, the album, the era, and than her fans. We're going to have to suck it up. She gave us plenty of years of greatness. The timing here was poorly executed, but there is nothing we can do. If Janet retires to be with her family, and raise a child, then I respect, and have no choice but to accept her decision. 

Personally, I agree with Austin. Because anything Janet puts out from here on, if she does, not only will I be surprised, but I won't be interested. She's a wealthy woman, with many resources, and entitlements. We are nothing but crazed fans. At the end of the day, Janet isn't going to skip a beat, suffer, or lose sleep over us. She'll be just fine. I wish her luck, health, and a happy baby. 

One more thing. Janet isn't a fucking hood rat idiot who's going to let no motherfucker control her. She is way stronger than we think. Thanks for all you have given us Miss JDJ. 

Edited by Jodienda76
  • Upvote 2

Gotta say it's something to be said when TMZ is more supportive and their theories sound more reasonable than here. I like Harvey's theory, that basically motherhood probably wasn't on her radar, then bloop, somewhere down the line in recent months either she got pregnant and lost it, or got & is pregant now.

My own little theory that I'm not giving much of anything to (as stated a million times, we all have theories but it's when you're convinced it's the truth without much of any evidence to go on you look cray) whatever she had surgery about recently maybe struck a nerve that this is something she wants, OR her doctor or whatever put the pressure on that NOW is the time, as soon as you can

We haven't agreed on much lately, and I know I've been annoying the fuck out of you, and Norman Trump this era. But thanks for being the voice of reason on this one. I agee with you.

• Upvote 2