Hi, I'm Skeptical...

Dal

You guys, I don't think it's that radical to question this whole "planning a family" situation.. I love Janet and have done so since I first saw the RN video when I was 6 years old.. But Janet is an admitted liar.. Not that she lies to be malicious, but she has lied about several things in the past (marriage to Rene, Super Bowl, etc)..

For someone as private as she is, she may very well believe that since nobody knows hardly anything about her current private life, that she could just claim to be "planning a family" (and really what does that even mean...?) and get out of doing the tour for at least another year, and instead of getting ridiculed, she'll get praise and congratulations!! Way to take a move right out of Mike's old playbook (and I looove Mike, folks!!)..

I just don't buy the family excuse she's given..

Put it this way.. If 2 years from now she still hasn't returned to touring/performing, and there has never been any type of confirmation that she's a parent (pics, statements, tweets from her family, etc), will anyone still be as big of a fan as they are now..?

And that's an honest question..

Of course she's entitled to live her life the way she sees fit, there's no denying that.. But at the very least, if in the near future there's no other sign from her about having the family she claimed she and her husband were planning, would that at least leave a bad taste in your mouth regarding the support you have shown her during this time..?

And I'll happily eat crow if in a few months time we spot some TMZ pics or videos showing a full-on pregnant Janet with baby bump and errthang... But for now the question remains..
  • Downvote 1

Planning a family = having offspring. I mean.. How literal does she have to be? 

To answer your silly question: no.

I don't get why fans feel the need to question Janet's personal life as if what they say matters. I don't understand this sudden rise out of questioning her. I don't understand why people think her US dates were suffering (they weren't). I don't understand why she isn't congratulated for her achievements in this past year (look in those threads about her achievements.... I don't understand why so many of her so called "fans" thrive on the negativity but ignore the positive (the fact that her first US leg & album were very successful). I don't understand why American fans are upset that Janet canned her European dates (still very very confusing). I don't understand why certain fans think Janet should have promoted her album when she dedicated it to her fans. I don't understand why fans aren't getting what the "new movement" is. I don't understand why fans are lingering if they're that upset over Janet deciding at her fragile age to start a family (let alone question her motives) :blink: 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

I don't get why fans feel the need to question Janet's personal life as if what they say matters. I don't understand this sudden rise out of questioning her. I don't understand why people think her US dates were suffering (they weren't). I don't understand why she isn't congratulated for her achievements in this past year (look in those threads about her achievements.... I don't understand why so many of her so called "fans" thrive on the negativity but ignore the positive (the fact that her first US leg & album were very successful). I don't understand why American fans are upset that Janet canned her European dates (still very very confusing). I don't understand why certain fans think Janet should have promoted her album when she dedicated it to her fans. I don't understand why fans aren't getting what the "new movement" is. I don't understand why fans are lingering if they're that upset over Janet deciding at her fragile age to start a family (let alone question her motives) :blink: 

Some fans feel fortunate that they have this here messageboard as a platform to air some of their grievances they maybe feel are worth speaking to other fans about.. It's not that crazy of an idea..

Just as I have a right to speak my mind (so long as it falls in the rules of this forum), you also have the right to not click on any forum you deem below your own opinion, let alone type an essay as a reply..

i don't understand how you don't understand..

PS: the secret marriage was Rene's idea and the Super Bowl was Janet's. She told the truth shortly afterwards. It was an accident so idk how she lied there.. And what's the "etc". She lied in 2014 when she said no album was coming to the French fans. Is that the "etc"?

so is she, or isn't she an admitted liar about her marriage to Rene? What does it being Rene's idea (if true) have anything to do with the fact that she lied about that...? And remember, I'm not saying she was wrong for doing so in that scenario..

also, you feel that since Janet said it was an "accident" that she told the truth about the SB?? Justin did not accidentally rip her breastplate/cup off.. Calling it an "accident" is not the truth, be real bruh..

As for the "etc"... I do recall her saying that she was suffering from "vertigo" in 2008.. Lots of shows postponed and later cancelled.. You believe she had vertigo back then..?

and I totally forgot about what she said to fans in 2014, but still that's understandable.. She truly may not have even been working on the album at the time..

Some fans feel fortunate that they have this here messageboard as a platform to air some of their grievances they maybe feel are worth speaking to other fans about.. It's not that crazy of an idea..

Just as I have a right to speak my mind (so long as it falls in the rules of this forum), you also have the right to not click on any forum you deem below your own opinion, let alone type an essay as a reply..

i don't understand how you don't understand..

so is she, or isn't she an admitted liar about her marriage to Rene? What does it being Rene's idea (if true) have anything to do with the fact that she lied about that...? And remember, I'm not saying she was wrong for doing so in that scenario..

also, you feel that since Janet said it was an "accident" that she told the truth about the SB?? Justin did not accidentally rip her breastplate/cup off.. Calling it an "accident" is not the truth, be real bruh..

As for the "etc"... I do recall her saying that she was suffering from "vertigo" in 2008.. Lots of shows postponed and later cancelled.. You believe she had vertigo back then..?

and I totally forgot about what she said to fans in 2014, but still that's understandable.. She truly may not have even been working on the album at the time..

I have a right to defend Janet Jackson on her FAN forum otherwise what's the point of having a forum dedicated to her. If you don't like how someone is handling their own career, I suggest you move on to someone you do. Its that simple. Sorry about the inconvenience of a real fan getting in your way of bitching about something you cannot control and will NEVER control 

According to Janet Jackson, the secret marriage was Rene's idea. There's no "if it's true". It is true bc Janet said so and Janet > you 

Justin was suppose to rip off her black piece but not the bra (red piece). Why would Janet purposely show her breast to 100 million people? 

How do you know she didn't suffer from vertigo? Are you her doctor? No. You're just a fan. I don't care if she lied or not. She was still feeling the backlash from the Super Bowl

She was working on it but scrapped it bc it was crap 

• Upvote 3

I don't necessarily believe she's planning a family either, there have been a lot of "things" off about this era from the very start. I kinda think she married this billionaire guy, they are madly in love, she's in a space that she's so comfortable in why leave it? If being in a happy space is her thing then its not for any of us to judge. I don't think  she intends to provide nor prove any family planning, its not required on her part even if it would be a good faith builder in her fan base. I truly believe the couple are so private we won't know much of anything, she doesn't even do interviews anymore.

Its not that hard to conceive that although Janet's become wealthy and famous through the support and love of her fans, I do believe she's not that committed to us, she's moved on and I kinda feel like this, if your heart isn't in it, then don't bother. Janet doing things half hearted just looks bad. I must say I don't think she cares about a legacy that the performer/actress/writer/singer "Janet Jackson" leaves behind because she's in an entire new space now so she doesn't need us. I just hope she's okay with the damage she's allowed go down to her name in the entertainment world, she was once this celebrated artist, now you can try and book her buy a ticket, but depending on her attitude she might show she might not, that leaves a bad taste in my mouth because her actions speak for her, she really doesn't care. Iheart pull the plug last minute, the tour reschedule date after date, then cancel those reschedules. Europe gets pulled for whatever reason, and instead of doing the US dates, she pulls the plug on ALL OF IT.

Do any of the above make me less of a fan? Not really I'm more sadden by the disappointment of the tour getting the plug pulled, the dancers and tour crew NOT getting to enjoy that experience. I do believe this much, Janet doesn't like touring, I don't think she ever really enjoyed being on the road.

Besides, Janet's almost 50, the chances of conceiving successfully at this time are really low, and if she did get pregnant that would be a very high risk pregnancy. I thought the couple were the Jet setter crowd anyway, they either in Paris a lot or attending fashion show events in Russia some damn where, they don't come across at all like the baby crib type. But who knows. :unsure:

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 5

I understand :mellow: she's a public figure, or was, and despite the album and tour, some folks never got to see her on that tour, even after buying a ticket, that must be frustrating, I understand that while her first leg of the tour and the albums debut were a success, she didn't do a thing else beyond that, if she just intended to drop an album to satiate her fans then say so, otherwise folks were doing what? Waiting on video number 2, that never came, some form of support to keep the interests in the album and tour, that never surfaced. I understand fans being and feeling let down, we got excited, and our support was unwavering, but not even the strongest supporter  of Janet after all the inexplicable cancellations, missed opportunities, lack of promo, lack of engagement, add all that together and yea she getting at the very least the side eye. That's not thriving on negativity that's pointing out whats painfully obvious, Im still floored she didn't issue some statement when Europe got pulled altogether, then a few weeks after that blow, the final death blow came with "oh im not gonna tour right now...next year for sure" :mellow: gurl who you talking to? That aint a good look honey at this point who has faith in you that you'll actually show? 

When you've been absent so tough your fans haven't seen so much as a picture of you, that tells me you don't wanna be seen and she lived that life for how long? It was expected that she would be actively committed to the album and tour as she stated in her announcement now I think its back to you aint seeing Janet :filenails:

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 4

I understand :mellow: she's a public figure, or was, and despite the album and tour, some folks never got to see her on that tour, even after buying a ticket, that must be frustrating, I understand that while her first leg of the tour and the albums debut were a success, she didn't do a thing else beyond that, if she just intended to drop an album to satiate her fans then say so, otherwise folks were doing what? Waiting on video number 2, that never came, some form of support to keep the interests in the album and tour, that never surfaced. I understand fans being and feeling let down, we got excited, and our support was unwavering, but not even the strongest supporter  of Janet after all the inexplicable cancellations, missed opportunities, lack of promo, lack of engagement, add all that together and yea she getting at the very least the side eye. That's not thriving on negativity that's pointing out whats painfully obvious, Im still floored she didn't issue some statement when Europe got pulled altogether, then a few weeks after that blow, the final death blow came with "oh im not gonna tour right now...next year for sure" :mellow: gurl who you talking to? That aint a good look honey at this point who has faith in you that you'll actually show?

She is a public figure and a legend. 

The fact that some people (including myself) didn't see Janet this time around doesn't give them a right to bitch for over 8 months. Get over it already. It's not that serious that you have to speculate about her life. It's not like she took naps with boys, adopted two white children and said they were made "naturally" on national television. Hell she didn't buy illegal substances under a pseudo name, hire a crooked Doctor and had a surgical drug injected into her to "sleep" but y'all will bend over backwards for that Jackson :blink: 

She doesn't have to do anything. This era was dedicated to the fans. She said that from day one. She went independent, started a record label, and released an album for her Fans. She engaged with fans on tour. She's not 20 so she's not going to reply to fans on social media like C-listers do (Beyonce doesn't engage in her fans on social media.. But I guess she doesn't have to) There nothing more she should do. Promotional tours are literally for the public. They are used to inform the general public that you are releasing something. Not for Fans to gawk at her. They are fully funded by the record label.. Something Janet said "fuck you" to for fucking her over over the years. 

She explained why she canned her world tour. Janet doesn't care if you believe her or not. Neither do I.

You created your own excitement. That's your own fault and not Janet's. Janet promised 3 things on May 16, 2015: 1) new music  2) World tour  3) a New Movement. Two out of three delivered. One is more important than the others  

• Upvote 5

She is a public figure and a legend. 

The fact that some people (including myself) didn't see Janet this time around doesn't give them a right to bitch for over 8 months. Get over it already. It's not that serious that you have to speculate about her life. It's not like she took naps with boys, adopted two white children and said they were made "naturally" on national television. Hell she didn't buy illegal substances under a pseudo name, hire a crooked Doctor and had a surgical drug injected into her to "sleep" but y'all will bend over backwards for that Jackson :blink: 

She doesn't have to do anything. This era was dedicated to the fans. She said that from day one. She went independent, started a record label, and released an album for her Fans. She engaged with fans on tour. She's not 20 so she's not going to reply to fans on social media like C-listers do (Beyonce doesn't engage in her fans on social media.. But I guess she doesn't have to) There nothing more she should do. Promotional tours are literally for the public. They are used to inform the general public that you are releasing something. Not for Fans to gawk at her. They are fully funded by the record label.. Something Janet said "fuck you" to for fucking her over over the years. 

She explained why she canned her world tour. Janet doesn't care if you believe her or not. Neither do I.

You created your own excitement. That's your own fault and not Janet's. Janet promised 3 things on May 16, 2015: 1) new music  2) World tour  3) a New Movement. Two out of three delivered. One is more important than the others  

usually I can work with you but you went so far off the rails there Im like this right now :mellow:

• Upvote 4

I don't care if she lied or not. 

That about sums it up doesn't it, folks?

But you still can't admit that Janet knowingly lied about her marriage to Rene..? Even when it was understandable you can't admit that she is and admitted liar..? And why does it matter whose idea it was..?? Lol

...and then to read that you actually believe her and her team's reactionary statement "explaining" why the SB happened..! Uhhhh, you do know that there was never any red bra under the black piece... That was photographically disproven..

In other words, a bold-faced lie..

Even die-hard fans can accept that the stunt she pulled was out of character for her, yet clearly pre-orchestrated..

Janet doesn't care if you believe her or not. Neither do I.

The way you're trying to explain yourself sends the exact opposite message..

You've clearly proven yourself to be the type of person who will never cite Janet for any type of misstep she may have, or wrong career choice she may take, or show yourself to be anything other than someone with big ol' blinders on..

You're opinions can be deemed null in void because you will never even be able to try and see things from a unbiased point of view, as opposed to yours, which you've stated several times is the only thing you care about..

And that's really too bad, because it's obvious you're very passionate about the subject.. And you've somehow made yourself out to be Janet's "knight in shining armor".. That tells me that with all the responsibility of "convincing others" that you take upon yourself, maybe, in a way, you've been trying to convince yourself this whole time that everything you say is true... 

Fake it til ya make it, eh..! ???

• Upvote 2

• Upvote 1

and yes you can be a fan a true fan and still be critical and ask questions, what I don't understand is when did asking sensible questions mean you were not a fan? :unsure: this woman is getting preggars or something at 50! and going back on the road after :blink: chile the lack of communication alone is almost borderline smug, like she too high up to be bothered with making sense. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

That about sums it up doesn't it, folks?

But you still can't admit that Janet knowingly lied about her marriage to Rene..? Even when it was understandable you can't admit that she is and admitted liar..? And why does it matter whose idea it was..?? Lol

...and then to read that you actually believe her and her team's reactionary statement "explaining" why the SB happened..! Uhhhh, you do know that there was never any red bra under the black piece... That was photographically disproven..

In other words, a bold-faced lie..

Even die-hard fans can accept that the stunt she pulled was out of character for her, yet clearly pre-orchestrated..

The way you're trying to explain yourself sends the exact opposite message..

You've clearly proven yourself to be the type of person who will never cite Janet for any type of misstep she may have, or wrong career choice she may take, or show yourself to be anything other than someone with big ol' blinders on..

You're opinions can be deemed null in void because you will never even be able to try and see things from a unbiased point of view, as opposed to yours, which you've stated several times is the only thing you care about..

And that's really too bad, because it's obvious you're very passionate about the subject.. And you've somehow made yourself out to be Janet's "knight in shining armor".. That tells me that with all the responsibility of "convincing others" that you take upon yourself, maybe, in a way, you've been trying to convince yourself this whole time that everything you say is true... 

Fake it til ya make it, eh..! ???

Yes. That sums it up. 

Yes Janet lied for her husband but who cares if she was married or not. Was she not a contender in the 1990s? So What does that matter? It kept her away from so much pressure. Celebrity marriages are high stakes. Janet proved how smart she is by deceiving the public. Who else could do it? It kept her relevant yet classy instead of kissing girls half her age

If you thought Janet exposed herself on purpose then you're no better than the speculators and conspiracy theories 

You all continue to dismiss my opinions but all you all do is repeat yourselves... Or worse,  compare Janet Jackson to an iPhone SE

and yes you can be a fan a true fan and still be critical and ask questions, what I don't understand is when did asking sensible questions mean you were not a fan? :unsure: this woman is getting preggars or something at 50! and going back on the road after :blink: chile the lack of communication alone is almost borderline smug, like she too high up to be bothered with making sense. :rolleyes:

Commuicating with fans isn't a thing. 

This is where I dissagree. It dosen't matter if Janet us definitely planning her family, or if she got pregnant. This is where I'm actually happy for her, and wish her the best. A kid, is, and will always be a valid reason to put your career on hold. I say, bad timing for us, good timing for her. She wasn't really into this era anyways, maybe that was the reason.

• Upvote 3

This is where I dissagree. It dosen't matter if Janet us definitely planning her family, or if she got pregnant. This is where I'm actually happy for her, and wish her the best. A kid, is, and will always be a valid reason to put your career on hold. I say, bad timing for us, good timing for her. She wasn't really into this era anyways, maybe that was the reason.

I totally agree.....IF SHE ACTUALLY PRODUCES A KID <_<

Edited by Stealth
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The risks of big peen -_-