Janet tweets using both #BLM & #ALM

.  Like Obama said All Lives Matter is not what we are focusing on right now.  

HA! Clearly.

Of course Obama is not focusing on all lives. We know this from his spineless foreign policy.

Edited by xoney
  • Downvote 4

With respect to your first paragraph: huh? How is any of that relevant to what I said? I pointed out the number of black people killed by police this year. How does that insinuate knowledge of what it is to be black? It simply shows that you're statement that black people are being killed en masse is a lie. 

It's not my problem that you find facts uncomfortable. 

"contain the discussion". In other words, lets keep the conversation convenient for you. You claim that people are ignoring and undermining your struggles, but are just as quick to ignore the struggles of others. 

I will not continue to interrupt my day discussing a serious issue with someone that has admitted their own ignorance of the issue...and yes you're probably ignorant of having done so ....go to the library check out a history book, I do not have the patience nor the time to attempt to inform the misinformed nor the ignorant, and yes if you believe Blacks being murdered in mass is a lie, then you are extremely ignorant of the decades of brutal attacks Black lives have suffered, and pulling out a statistic of whats happen in the last 7 months does nothing to further your argument but cement your own lack of knowledge on the subject...I do feel sorry for you that you think Black people discussing yet another death of a Black life from the police is convenience

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

I will not continue to interrupt my day discussing a serious issue with someone that has admitted their own ignorance of the issue...and yes you're probably ignorant of having done so ....go to the library check out a history book, I do not have the patience nor the time to attempt to inform the misinformed nor the ignorant, and yes if you believe Blacks being murdered in mass is a lie, then you are extremely ignorant of the decades of brutal attacks Black lives have suffered, and pulling out a statistic of whats happen in the last 7 months does nothing to further your argument but cement your own lack of knowledge on the subject...I do feel sorry for you that you think Black people discussing yet another death of a Black life from the police is convenience

You used the present tense. Not me. 

edit: admittedly, "convenience' was an insensitive word to use.

Edited by xoney
  • Downvote 1

In the US, 90% of murders of black people are by black people!

Black lifes matter TOO but look in the mirror my friend, no lies will be told then. You got bigger issues inside your community. Blaming white people for all your problems ain't gonna solve the high level of crime, gun violence and gangs in the community. 

Embrace the spirit of olaudah equiano, William wilberforce and Thomas Clarkson. Don't look to blame, look to solve and unite! 

what's going on in our community has no bearing on us being treated like everyone else by men and women who are sworn to do a certain job. Even in times when there was peace we were treated like shit by law enforcement. Their behavior has nothing to do with black on black crime and our focus on it. Blacks who shoot other blacks end up in jail. That's why they are packed.  And who is blaming white people. Pigs come in all colors.  Your post is absolute bullshit.  You need to look in the mirror because everything that is turmoil in this country and world was created by whites and their supremacy. Guns, drugs, war, segregation, who created that. Not us. 

• Upvote 3

HA! Clearly.

Of course Obama is not focusing on all lives. We know this from his spineless foreign policy.

what is spineless about it? Since he has been in office none of my friends or family have been deployed. Can't say the same for the previous president. Obama is letting us mind our business like we should and he is not caving in to Israel 

what is spineless about it? Since he has been in office none of my friends or family have been deployed. Can't say the same for the previous president. Obama is letting us mind our business like we should and he is not caving in to Israel 

so you measure a president by the number of times he uses military force? That is a pretty narrow-minded metric, but ok.

What you see as "minding your own business" I see as a super power with great scope for good in this world abandoning its responsibility. 

What's spineless is that Obama has failed to act on a number of cases where he said he would (see Syria and Obama's "red line" which Assad crossed). Why? All too ensure his legacy. America's military is now run by opinion polls, popularity, and party politics. It's shameful.

He's lost America's deterrence power. That could be catastrophic. And in the end, this could cost more American lives than anything else.

Edited by xoney
  • Downvote 2

so you measure a president by the number of times he uses military force? That is a pretty narrow-minded metric, but ok.

What you see as "minding your own business" I see as a super power with great scope for good in this world abandoning its responsibility. 

What's spineless is that Obama has failed to act on a number of cases where he said he would (see Syria and Obama's "red line" which Assad crossed). Why? All too ensure his legacy. America's military is now run by opinion polls, popularity, and party politics. It's shameful.

He's lost America's deterrence power. That could be catastrophic. And in the end, this could cost more American lives than anything else.

the military is run by its generals. It is not our responsibility to get involved in every damn issue over seas. We lost too many people to Iraq and Afghanistan. I applaud Obama for not sending anymore sons and daughters to die for something we can't solve in the first place. Why don't you sign up and enlist since you are willing to send other people to war to die. I measure a president by him not caving in to war and nation building nuts. We voted for him to stop banging on other countries.  

• Upvote 1

the military is run by its generals. It is not our responsibility to get involved in every damn issue over seas. We lost too many people to Iraq and Afghanistan. I applaud Obama for not sending anymore sons and daughters to die for something we can't solve in the first place. Why don't you sign up and enlist since you are willing to send other people to war to die. I measure a president by him not caving in to war and nation building nuts. We voted for him to stop banging on other countries.  

Sigh.

Clearly, Iraq and Afghanistan are the only cases of US military intervention that you are aware of. I think it best to end our discussion here.

(And side note: you are in the <1% who think the US (and other western countries) do not have a moral obligation to protect people (of whatever nationality) from genocide, murder, WMDs, biological/chemical weapons etc.)

Edited by xoney
  • Downvote 3

I couldn't be more proud of a fellow Jan fam.. 

I agree with the rest as well. But I wanted to focus on that line

Right me neither, and we Know him!

I really really REALLY want her team to hire him to put together some of her video collages, like no shade to whoever the editor of her video collage at the BET awards, TOF has done SOOOO Much better and could've made it more grand and epic! Like the 1 she had was grand, but it wasn't epic. So I hope her team takes a stroll down his Vimeo page....since her team took down alot of his masterpiece collages on Youtube.

• Upvote 2

Sigh.

Clearly, Iraq and Afghanistan are the only cases of US military intervention that you are aware of. I think it best to end our discussion here.

(And side note: you are in the <1% who think the US (and other western countries) do not have a moral obligation to protect people (of whatever nationality) from genocide, murder, WMDs, biological/chemical weapons etc.)

those are the two biggest and most damaging invasions of my lifetime. Desert Storm included. And those weren't interventions. Throughout history we have used our God complex to invade others peoples space to gain access to their resources and enforce our will. That shit is tired and we have not benefited from any of it. 

those are the two biggest and most damaging invasions of my lifetime. Desert Storm included. And those weren't interventions. Throughout history we have used our God complex to invade others peoples space to gain access to their resources and enforce our will. That shit is tired and we have not benefited from any of it. 

I was listening to NPR like i do when Im driving, and they were discussing the Gulf War and how invading Iraq, from a military stance was very ill conceived. There was no understanding of Iraq's people, what removing Sadam Hussein would mean, no understanding of the military strategy, and most historians believe we should have not gone at all we didnt make things better we made them worse.

We citizens do not control the US federal government's military actions, planning, and/or execution. We elect a Commamder-in-Chief and They appoint war leaders and foreign policy leaders. Foreign policy is important but what's more important is domestic policy.. Period.

Glad y'all wanted to talk to Xoney about foreign policy but that is not the focus of this topic or what's going on in this country atm.

btw: before you argue with random trolls.. You should first figure out which "perfect" country they're from 

• Downvote 1

She didn't mean anything bad by her tweet but this is like the second time they have been a bit behind in terms of understanding the moment.  First it was Orlando with the Emirates tweet.  Then this.  Like Obama said All Lives Matter is not what we are focusing on right now.  I do understand that Janet is a global artist so she may have been speaking from that standpoint.  

Lol at Prince.  I just have to smh too.  Did he listen to any of his fathers music or interviews.  Im baffled by both his kids right now

You attack Prince but Michaels message has always been global: Heal the blacks, Black song, Black or Hispanic, We are the blacks, Whites don't care about us, Blacks are here to change the world.

Michael was a messenger of peace for all, all lifes did matter to him.

You attack Prince but Michaels message has always been global: Heal the blacks, Black song, Black or Hispanic, We are the blacks, Whites don't care about us, Blacks are here to change the world.

Michael was a messenger of peace for all, all lifes did matter to him.

without a doubt all life mattered to Mike, just like all life should matter to EVERYONE!

but I can't believe that the man who wrote and produced They Don't Care About Us solely on his own would not be able to understand the true validity of the BLM movement..

those lyrics are eerily more relevant today than anytime before.. Mike was onto something..

"Some things in life they just don't wanna see, but if Martin Luther was living, he wouldn't let this be, no no!"

• Upvote 2

Michael has always been conflicting to me. Because he has songs like They Don't Care About Us, the Panther segment of Black or White, Remember the Time, etc that are very obviously pro-black but on the other hand he tried to pass off two white children as his biological children. Like I used to be one of those fans that said those were his kids but it's clear that Prince & Paris aren't his(he's still their father because he raised them). Like that's deeper than self-hate to me tbh. Like I know he has statements of being a proud black man and he couldn't control his vitiligo(yes he bleached his skin to even it out) but still contradictory..

I think Janet is a proud black woman and I sort of wish she wouldn't have shared that video and included the #ALLIVESMATTER. Janet's intention isn't the same as white racists trying to derail but now she's grouped with people like Stacy Dash and Wendy Williams.

Also someone needs to tell Prince that he's white and honestly his opinions are irrelevant.  I don't care who your father is.

• Upvote 3

Michael has always been conflicting to me. Because he has songs like They Don't Care About Us, the Panther segment of Black or White, Remember the Time, etc that are very obviously pro-black but on the other hand he tried to pass off two white children as his biological children. Like I used to be one of those fans that said those were his kids but it's clear that Prince & Paris aren't his(he's still their father because he raised them). Like that's deeper than self-hate to me tbh. Like I know he has statements of being a proud black man and he couldn't control his vitiligo(yes he bleached his skin to even it out) but still contradictory..

I think Janet is a proud black woman and I sort of wish she wouldn't have shared that video and included the #ALLIVESMATTER. Janet's intention isn't the same as white racists trying to derail but now she's grouped with people like Stacy Dash and Wendy Williams.

Also someone needs to tell Prince that he's white and honestly his opinions are irrelevant.  I don't care who your father is.

I agree with you to an extent.. I guess the reasoning I have regarding MJ having white kids is because he had finally found someone who was willing to have children for him.. That person being Debbie Rowe, a white woman, who had to have been someone he could trust since she had been the nurse to his dermatologist Arnie Klein for 2 decades by the time Prince was born. She had full knowledge of his medical history and somehow formed an impactful relationship with him over the years..

Now why he chose to not use his own sperm cells, who truly knows? My immediate reaction isn't to jump to slanderish conclusions and say he must've hated being black.. I don't feel that Angelina Jolie or Madonna or Sandra Bullock hate being white simply because they adopted children outside their own race, so I don't feel the same should be automatically applied to MJ, though I understand how some could make that connection..

For someone to live through the prime Motown era like he did with James Brown, or write Wanna Be Startin Somethin with a full-on African chant throughout the last half of that song, or write TDCAU leads me to believe that he was an absolute proud black man.. Maybe a black man that wanted the world to see him for more than just his skin color, like his talents, but proud nonetheless..

and yes I agree that Janet shouldn't have used the ALM hashtag, and that Prince should just stay out of it because, while I understand what he was attempting to say, it did ultimately come across as though he dismiss the BLM movement altogether...

The difference is MJ lied 

Madonna and the other white women didn't 

who cares? All celebrities lie.. It's called PR.. And some things simply aren't the public's business..

janet lied about being married for almost a decade (and don't say it wasn't her idea, cuz it doesn't matter).. She also lied about the Super Bowl.. She also lied about having virtigo during the RWU tour..

and to sanction someone like MJ for lying about their personal family life shouldn't even be a topic of conversation..

get over yourself

I don't mean to slander MJ. I have a lot of love for him(literally on my knees praying for him before the verdict) but now that I'm an adult I look back on things a little differently. I mean in his statements and music/videos he's embraced his blackness even when he was visibly lighter and I give him credit for that. 

I just don't get the whole marrying Debbie Rowe for kids thing. Apparently he wanted kids with Lisa Marie but she didn't and i feel for him. I think there's is an issue tho when you're prepared to lie and pass off a child with the blondest of hair as your own(I know a lot of mixed kids can be white as snow and even have blonde hair but the likelihood of having 2 children with no black features is not that high) that's sort of the issue for me. If you're going to adopt kids, adopt them. But why wouldn't you adopt black children if you don't want biological kids? 

The kids have to defend him in death because of his decisions which is unfair and the family probably can't let them know the truth without being assholes. 

(sorry for the derailment of this thread lol)

• Upvote 1

I don't mean to slander MJ. I have a lot of love for him(literally on my knees praying for him before the verdict) but now that I'm an adult I look back on things a little differently. I mean in his statements and music/videos he's embraced his blackness even when he was visibly lighter and I give him credit for that. 

I just don't get the whole marrying Debbie Rowe for kids thing. Apparently he wanted kids with Lisa Marie but she didn't and i feel for him. I think there's is an issue tho when you're prepared to lie and pass off a child with the blondest of hair as your own(I know a lot of mixed kids can be white as snow and even have blonde hair but the likelihood of having 2 children with no black features is not that high) that's sort of the issue for me. If you're going to adopt kids, adopt them. But why wouldn't you adopt black children if you don't want biological kids? 

The kids have to defend him in death because of his decisions which is unfair and the family probably can't let them know the truth without being assholes. 

(sorry for the derailment of this thread lol)

I don't think that what you've said this post is slander.. I think they're legitimate ponderings that most people (myself included) have had.. I've often wondered why he would try to convince others that these children were indeed from his own DNA.. I don't think anyone will truly ever know..

I've theorized that maybe he felt the topic of surrogates for single fathers was still too "new" of an idea back in the mid-90's..

Or maybe he knew people would further question his black pride if they knew he had Caucasian children.. even if he only had white kids because he could only find white people willing to have them for him..

With all that said, I don't think it's possible that Prince or Paris are from his DNA at all.. However, Prince II (aka Blanket) I feel could possibly have been from his sperm.. im not saying it's likely, but far more possible than the older 2 kids..

Sometimes I think that he was so insecure about his vitiligo that he decided he didn't want to or was afraid that we would pass that on to a biological child. 

interesting thought.. I don't think that had crossed my mind before.. Thanks for sharing :)

who cares? All celebrities lie.. It's called PR.. And some things simply aren't the public's business..

and to sanction someone like MJ for lying about their personal family life shouldn't even be a topic of conversation..

I'm not the one comparing someone who lied to the public to people who openly adopted different race children. He didn't have to lie. He was only protecting his own ass for some unknown reason. 

I'm not sure how lying about your children is a PR stunt... Or how that would help his already damaged image.. If anything, it makes him look stupid and anyone who believed him look just as stupid.

I'm also not sure what protecting one's marriage & privacy have to do with lying about having a child naturally. Janet gave her reason for keeping her marriage a secret. Nice try on attempting to bring Janet down for lying about her health and comparing it to MJ lying TWICE about creating children 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1