Janet tweets using both #BLM & #ALM

Thank god you're not a police officer 

Having Marijuana in your system does not make a person a criminal or mean anyone can harass anyone else. Zimmerman was barely scratched while a black kid ended up dead

I'm done talking to you especially after the marijuana in the blood as if that makes killing an innocent adult/child any better. 

And no.. I'm not clicking that link.. Learn how to embed YT videos

well you see, this is the kind of people I end up talking to on boards and social media. You're low life.  The type that doesn't clean their own shit in the toilet and that thinks marijuana is no big deal and all that kind of stuff. I bet you don't even know how to boil an egg. Your opinion doesn't matter. Just ashame social media has given irelevabt nobodies like you a voice. Go and educate yourself and never bring up children please. 

Edited by Freexone1

to compare the UK thing to the confederation thing is also stupid.

I know there is an issue in America with the police and racism BUT you really are ridiculous, you have the right to live in America freely. This is not the 1960s where you can't sit at the front of a bus. Fact is in the vast majority of cases where police are involved it means you are up to no good. If you are a law abiding citizen you shouldn't even come across the police. 

I'm noticing young generation more and more becoming selfish and ungrateful for the freedoms they do have. Here's you complaining about freedoms and not existing in the world's richest economy when some places like the nairobi slums don't even have sanitation. Disgusting!  

Im so fed up hearing on social media/Internet people moaning about their pathetic little injustices when truth is their probably doing illegal things or winding up the police in someway etc. I see it all the time, people on the news getting airtime in protests then you find out later the same person was already convicted for stealing or some shit like that. I don't believe for a second this guy was stopped by the police because of a faulty headlight. Yeah right. He was probably in trouble with the police before. Not saying that justifies shooting the guy AT ALL but I'm sick of people pretending like they are perfectly law abiding hard working people in mixed communities treated badly by police for no reason when they doing something illegal like smoking weed or selling dodgy goods on the street. 

it's no nearly as stupid than the assumption it's on the same page as BLM, where's though you call it stupid, it's actually pretty accurate when compared

Oh wow, THANK you so much for enlightening me that the injustices and discrimination I've dealt with in my life that you aren't aware of means nothing because I'm still alive & I've never been hit or chased. There's NOTHING  more ridiculous than what you're saying, it's obvious for alot of African Americans it's not so "free". What the hell do you know that I don't about being a black man in America, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT BEING  MOTHERFUCKING BLACK MAN IN THE UNITED STATES? WHERE is your experience living like that, seeing what I've seen being looked at how I've been looked at, having to in certain light really go out of my way to express a cheerful attitude for the sole purpose but to keep the people who seem uptight and nervous around a over 6 foot tall thick black man nervous. What place does it come from  for you to try to tell me I shouldn't  worry when I walk around in the very nice neighborhood I live in, and out of maybe 3 or 4 other neighbors out at night walking their dogs or exorcising, I am the sole 1 getting asked where I'm going, for my address and told on a few occasions to go straight home....what can you enlighten me about on that?....that because I'm alive to tell that it's not a problem? That because I can count how many times I've been called ****** out of pure hate, that I don't have it as bad? 

You know what the fuck I'm fed up with? Assholes who don't know shit about what a black man goes through, but tells them they've got nothing to worry about, it's all good, the police are your friends. I don't hate every cop, I don't fear every cop, but I don't feel safe with the cops, and there's very little you can do or say to change that because you've made SO OH so very clear you are in a fucking bubble of ignorance that has absolutely no clue what others that aren't like yourself are going through, every single 1 of your dumb ass posts in this thread including the 1 you will respond to this 1 has done absolutely nothing but further prove how oblivious you are. You've sat here and basically proudly boasted that you're prejudice, you don't buy for a 2nd he stopped for a headlight, ex cons are fine too profile.

Let me end this right now, and say whatever the fuck you want afterwards, I don't care, you base your opinion on a conservative youtube channel, your opinion is below a Fox News viewer, so I'm not wasting my time on any of the shit you have to say to me unless it's a legit apology for basically insulting myself & every black man in America. I know who I am, I know where I come from, I know my history, I know it very well, as a Black man, & as an American, I'm from Detroit & I've been living in California for 4yrs, but make no mistake I lived in the rough parts of Detroit for 22 of my 26 years. And I know what REAL Poor looks like, I know what REAL hunger, what REAL starvation, what REAL fear, & What REAL intimidation looks like, and make no mistake, I'm in a nice area, but as stated above, I still don't feel safe, At times I feel more pressure than I did in Detroit to be perfectly honest, I want that changed, I have the fucking right to want that changed, and to want that better, I deserve the right to not have to worry about intimidating anyone because of nothing more than my color. If your gage on racism is that it ended in the 60's, you're sadly making a fool of yourself, it's very real, and I'm SO not the type to go out looking for it, playing a race card if you will, I live my truth, & I know my truth, my outloook is brighter than alot of black men I know & encounter on these issues, but I still know the truth, I still see the truth, & I still see where all the anger comes from, you don't, and it's clear you choose not to. Your words have painted a picture of you that I want nothing to do with, I'd respect you so much more if you were as oblivious as you are but you manage to keep your mouth shut out of respect as to not offend anyone with your ignorance, but here we are.

Have a nice day, and it was not a pleasure talking to you :) *IGNORED*

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 3

Michael has always been conflicting to me. Because he has songs like They Don't Care About Us, the Panther segment of Black or White, Remember the Time, etc that are very obviously pro-black but on the other hand he tried to pass off two white children as his biological children. Like I used to be one of those fans that said those were his kids but it's clear that Prince & Paris aren't his(he's still their father because he raised them). Like that's deeper than self-hate to me tbh. Like I know he has statements of being a proud black man and he couldn't control his vitiligo(yes he bleached his skin to even it out) but still contradictory..

I think Janet is a proud black woman and I sort of wish she wouldn't have shared that video and included the #ALLIVESMATTER. Janet's intention isn't the same as white racists trying to derail but now she's grouped with people like Stacy Dash and Wendy Williams.

Also someone needs to tell Prince that he's white and honestly his opinions are irrelevant.  I don't care who your father is.

There was some initial backlash on Twitter, but that was from people trolling and/or who don't know Janet's discography. That she has always spoken on social issues. Especially those relating to the black community. I'm willing to bet 99% of those "Twitter Activists" didn't even watch the video and have never heard the song. 

She was being inclusive because her fanbase is so broad. Probably the broadest fan base of any living artist today. However, her sharing a video (from a song she recorded nearly 20 years ago) more than speaks to what she really feels. 

Some may have been disappointed, but no one should seriously group her with the aforementioned people based on a hashtag. 

• Upvote 4

well you see, this is the kind of people I end up talking to on boards and social media. You're low life.  The type that doesn't clean their own shit in the toilet and that thinks marijuana is no big deal and all that kind of stuff. I bet you don't even know how to boil an egg. Your opinion doesn't matter. Just ashame social media has given irelevabt nobodies like you a voice. Go and educate yourself and never bring up children please. 

Wtf?. My favorite breakfast to cook: Poached Egg... which is 20x more difficult to do than hard boiling. So fuck you. 

News Flash: Marijuana isn't a big deal. You know what is? People killing innocent people for petty reasons like walking or a broken tail light.

You're worse than those idiots who say "pull up your pants.. Maybe they won't shoot" or "obey the law.. Maybe you won't be shot" 

You sitting there trying to act all high and mighty as if you're better than anyone else here or there. As if you're Mr. Perfect. You know what you are? To borrow a line from Eminem, 'a shit stain on the underwear of life'. 

Try joining the delusional KKK board or a Trump forum. You're a better fit there. Like minded idiots who would rather live in the past than the present or future. A close-minded individual ready to judge the next person in line bc they don't fall into your quality of life. Fuck your racist ass  

And fuck off you pathetic little bigoted shit. "Marijuana in his system". As if someone who smokes pot doesn't deserve to live. 

Dont reply to this bc for the first time in my tenure on this forum, it's my fucking pleasure to block your bigoted ass 

• Upvote 3

to compare the UK thing to the confederation thing is also stupid.

I know there is an issue in America with the police and racism BUT you really are ridiculous, you have the right to live in America freely. This is not the 1960s where you can't sit at the front of a bus. Fact is in the vast majority of cases where police are involved it means you are up to no good. If you are a law abiding citizen you shouldn't even come across the police. 

I'm noticing young generation more and more becoming selfish and ungrateful for the freedoms they do have. Here's you complaining about freedoms and not existing in the world's richest economy when some places like the nairobi slums don't even have sanitation. Disgusting!  

Im so fed up hearing on social media/Internet people moaning about their pathetic little injustices when truth is their probably doing illegal things or winding up the police in someway etc. I see it all the time, people on the news getting airtime in protests then you find out later the same person was already convicted for stealing or some shit like that. I don't believe for a second this guy was stopped by the police because of a faulty headlight. Yeah right. He was probably in trouble with the police before. Not saying that justifies shooting the guy AT ALL but I'm sick of people pretending like they are perfectly law abiding hard working people in mixed communities treated badly by police for no reason when they doing something illegal like smoking weed or selling dodgy goods on the street. 

Let's not sit here and pretend these injustices are pathetic and little when lives are being lost to these injustices. What does a persons criminal history have to do with them being killed? If they were robbing a bank or something when they got shot then I could understand. These men were not posing a threat to anyone. Once again a person's past has nothing to do with them being murdered.
8 hours ago

Just to be clear. #PhilandoCastile had: A legal gun Gun papers No record No warrants No broken taillight A “wide nose” matching a suspect.

• Upvote 3

it's no nearly as stupid than the assumption it's on the same page as BLM, where's though you call it stupid, it's actually pretty accurate when compared

Oh wow, THANK you so much for enlightening me that the injustices and discrimination I've dealt with in my life that you aren't aware of means nothing because I'm still alive & I've never been hit or chased. There's NOTHING  more ridiculous than what you're saying, it's obvious for alot of African Americans it's not so "free". What the hell do you know that I don't about being a black man in America, WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK CAN YOU TELL ME ABOUT BEING  MOTHERFUCKING BLACK MAN IN THE UNITED STATES? WHERE is your experience living like that, seeing what I've seen being looked at how I've been looked at, having to in certain light really go out of my way to express a cheerful attitude for the sole purpose but to keep the people who seem uptight and nervous around a over 6 foot tall thick black man nervous. What place does it come from  for you to try to tell me I shouldn't  worry when I walk around in the very nice neighborhood I live in, and out of maybe 3 or 4 other neighbors out at night walking their dogs or exorcising, I am the sole 1 getting asked where I'm going, for my address and told on a few occasions to go straight home....what can you enlighten me about on that?....that because I'm alive to tell that it's not a problem? That because I can count how many times I've been called ****** out of pure hate, that I don't have it as bad? 

You know what the fuck I'm fed up with? Assholes who don't know shit about what a black man goes through, but tells them they've got nothing to worry about, it's all good, the police are your friends. I don't hate every cop, I don't fear every cop, but I don't feel safe with the cops, and there's very little you can do or say to change that because you've made SO OH so very clear you are in a fucking bubble of ignorance that has absolutely no clue what others that aren't like yourself are going through, every single 1 of your dumb ass posts in this thread including the 1 you will respond to this 1 has done absolutely nothing but further prove how oblivious you are. You've sat here and basically proudly boasted that you're prejudice, you don't buy for a 2nd he stopped for a headlight, ex cons are fine too profile.

Let me end this right now, and say whatever the fuck you want afterwards, I don't care, you base your opinion on a conservative youtube channel, your opinion is below a Fox News viewer, so I'm not wasting my time on any of the shit you have to say to me unless it's a legit apology for basically insulting myself & every black man in America. I know who I am, I know where I come from, I know my history, I know it very well, as a Black man, & as an American, I'm from Detroit & I've been living in California for 4yrs, but make no mistake I lived in the rough parts of Detroit for 22 of my 26 years. And I know what REAL Poor looks like, I know what REAL hunger, what REAL starvation, what REAL fear, & What REAL intimidation looks like, and make no mistake, I'm in a nice area, but as stated above, I still don't feel safe, At times I feel more pressure than I did in Detroit to be perfectly honest, I want that changed, I have the fucking right to want that changed, and to want that better, I deserve the right to not have to worry about intimidating anyone because of nothing more than my color. If your gage on racism is that it ended in the 60's, you're sadly making a fool of yourself, it's very real, and I'm SO not the type to go out looking for it, playing a race card if you will, I live my truth, & I know my truth, my outloook is brighter than alot of black men I know & encounter on these issues, but I still know the truth, I still see the truth, & I still see where all the anger comes from, you don't, and it's clear you choose not to. Your words have painted a picture of you that I want nothing to do with, I'd respect you so much more if you were as oblivious as you are but you manage to keep your mouth shut out of respect as to not offend anyone with your ignorance, but here we are.

Have a nice day, and it was not a pleasure talking to you :) *IGNORED*

They are probably just looking at u cause ur fat and ugly Or because you're wearing stupid ass poor clothes. 

• Downvote 6

Let's not sit here and pretend these injustices are pathetic and little when lives are being lost to these injustices. What does a persons criminal history have to do with them being killed? If they were robbing a bank or something when they got shot then I could understand. These men were not posing a threat to anyone. Once again a person's past has nothing to do with them being murdered.8 hours ago

Just to be clear. #PhilandoCastile had: A legal gun Gun papers No record No warrants No broken taillight A “wide nose” matching a suspect.

Philando Castile had over 50 traffic violations on his record including driving without insurance.

He was stopped because he and his girlfriend were suspects of an armed robbery of which there is footage matching their profile, hair and clothes. He was also holding a gun in the car at the time! 

The families come on and paint their boys like little angels. They are not. He wasn't. Their liars and you're a liar. Stop hiding the truth. 

• Downvote 2

Philando Castile had over 50 traffic violations on his record including driving without insurance.

He was stopped because he and his girlfriend were suspects of an armed robbery of which there is footage matching their profile, hair and clothes. He was also holding a gun in the car at the time! 

The families come on and paint their boys like little angels. They are not. He wasn't. Their liars and you're a liar. Stop hiding the truth. 

Are you dense or what? Did you not hear the audio of the cop before he even pulled them over. 

In the past 14 years, police in Minnesota pulled ‪#‎PhilandoCastile‬ over 52 times. Charges dropped at least 29 of those.

Every 4 months. They racially profiled him. Once again he had a license to carry so the fact he had a gun with him doesn't mean shit. You're the type of person who'd get slapped with the fuckery you come up with. WTF does his past have to do with what happened to him? He was a suspect of an armed robbery that happened days or even weeks before they were pulled over. Let me let your dumb ass know something else. If they pulled him over all those times that means they had his address. They could of went to his house and questioned him. Any other dumb shit you feel like saying so I can keep making you look dumb?

• Upvote 2

Are you dense or what? Did you not hear the audio of the cop before he even pulled them over. 

In the past 14 years, police in Minnesota pulled ‪#‎PhilandoCastile‬ over 52 times. Charges dropped at least 29 of those.

Every 4 months. They racially profiled him. Once again he had a license to carry so the fact he had a gun with him doesn't mean shit. You're the type of person who'd get slapped with the fuckery you come up with. WTF does his past have to do with what happened to him? He was a suspect of an armed robbery that happened days or even weeks before they were pulled over. Let me let your dumb ass know something else. If they pulled him over all those times that means they had his address. They could of went to his house and questioned him. Any other dumb shit you feel like saying so I can keep making you look dumb?

you obviously don't read my post either properly. I have repeatedly said that it is wrong these people are shot dead on the spot, I believe they should be prosecuted in court! 

However, my rant is about how you'll and media and BLM and the families etc are trying to paint these guys as law abiding individuals who have done nothing so that it benefits your own cause, when the FACT is they are repeated offenders and the police know who they are. They are a threat to the polices safety. Also if this was about race and this particular guy was pulled over 50 times, why did it take the police 50 meets before they shot him. Youll are making out like the police meet him for the first time and just decided to shot him because he is black. It's absurd. 

These lies are shameful cause you're frighting ordinary good law abiding BLACK people from leaving their own homes, and innocent police are getting killed. It's out of control. You should be ashamed for defending these low life convicts.

Edited by Freexone1
  • Downvote 3

There was some initial backlash on Twitter, but that was from people trolling and/or who don't know Janet's discography. That she has always spoken on social issues. Especially those relating to the black community. I'm willing to bet 99% of those "Twitter Activists" didn't even watch the video and have never heard the song. 
She was being inclusive because her fanbase is so broad. Probably the broadest fan base of any living artist today. However, her sharing a video (from a song she recorded nearly 20 years ago) more than speaks to what she really feels. 

Some may have been disappointed, but no one should seriously group her with the aforementioned people based on a hashtag. 

I understood her intent but this is not an international issue.  All lives matter is viewed the same way the heterosexual pride hashtag was viewed during pride week.  There are alot of tap dancing shuffling blacks out there like who use ALM because they are lost Janets not one but people are so angry right now they don't distinguish between the two.  I think her team composed that tweet.  She didn't use the all lives matter at her shows even though the footage was from all over the world. 

This will blow over though. Its getting really bad out here.  Janet will have many more opportunities to tweet. It's really sad. I don't think this will get better and I'm scared because I'm black. 

I find it difficult to contribute anything articulate every time these needless tragedies happen, so I usually don't. To borrow from a tweet I read earlier: Police shot doing their job. Blacks shot doing their shopping. Neither justifies the other.

I'm 10,000 miles away from the devastation gripping America so I won't pretend to know what any of you are going through, and I'm wary enough to understand that I'm a white minority on a predominantly black forum. But for what it's worth, I really hope that from all this chaos something resembling progress will finally begin to take shape. Principally so the senseless deaths of these people haven't been for nothing at all.

And to tie it back to Planet Janet, I share the sentiments of anyone who is disgusted with particular comments in this thread. Hearts are bleeding in here, and on top of everything else, you don't need to endure the ignorance and insensitivity of a certain few.

Stay safe.

• Upvote 4

you obviously don't read my post either properly. I have repeatedly said that it is wrong these people are shot dead on the spot, I believe they should be prosecuted in court! 

However, my rant is about how you'll and media and BLM and the families etc are trying to paint these guys as law abiding individuals who have done nothing so that it benefits your own cause, when the FACT is they are repeated offenders and the police know who they are. They are a threat to the polices safety. Also if this was about race and this particular guy was pulled over 50 times, why did it take the police 50 meets before they shot him. Youll are making out like the police meet him for the first time and just decided to shot him because he is black. It's absurd. 

These lies are shameful cause you're frighting ordinary good law abiding BLACK people from leaving their own homes, and innocent police are getting killed. It's out of control. You should be ashamed for defending these low life convicts.

Where did I try to paint them as law abiding? I'ma say it again for ya boo. "What does their criminal past have to do with them being murdered?"

Joe, you're trying to reason with a proud bigot, hes made clear that they deserved what they got, & every man, women & child of color who's ever been in trouble with the police for anything, or has ever smoked the reefer deserves to be murdered because they arent innocent. 

• Upvote 2

It doesn't. No cop knows a persons criminal history just by looking at them. You have to investigate and we know they didn't. We know the real reason they were killed and those cops need to be sent down. 

• Upvote 2

Joe, you're trying to reason with a proud bigot, hes made clear that they deserved what they got, & every man, women & child of color who's ever been in trouble with the police for anything, or has ever smoked the reefer deserves to be murdered because they arent innocent. 

Yeah he's an idiot. Good thing we're not debating this face to face cause my skinny ass would've been all up in his face ready to slap the shit outta him lol

It doesn't. No cop knows a persons criminal history just by looking at them. You have to investigate and we know they didn't. We know the real reason they were killed and those cops need to be sent down. 

Some people are just ignorant and turn a blind eye to what's really going on. 

• Upvote 1

I find it difficult to contribute anything articulate every time these needless tragedies happen, so I usually don't. To borrow from a tweet I read earlier: Police shot doing their job. Blacks shot doing their shopping. Neither justifies the other.

I'm 10,000 miles away from the devastation gripping America so I won't pretend to know what any of you are going through, and I'm wary enough to understand that I'm a white minority on a predominantly black forum. But for what it's worth, I really hope that from all this chaos something resembling progress will finally begin to take shape. Principally so the senseless deaths of these people haven't been for nothing at all.

And to tie it back to Planet Janet, I share the sentiments of anyone who is disgusted with particular comments in this thread. Hearts are bleeding in here, and on top of everything else, you don't need to endure the ignorance and insensitivity of a certain few.

Stay safe.

I wish the entire planet had this amount of decency, common sense, and consideration about the lives of others ....I truly do ...but I thank you, Matt, for being so balanced and fair

• Upvote 1

FreeXone is right to say that people in Western countries bitch and moan about every little "injustice" when they live in one of the most-free countries in the world. The irony is that it is exactly because those countries are so free that they are able to bitch and moan all they want.

BUT this doesn't apply to BLM. 

For someone to listen to Jessie Williams' speech and tweet that All Lives Matter is ignorant (even though he was using "all" as a synonym for "Black") and underlines the need for BLACK to remain in the slogan. 

But that doesn't mean it's without flaw. Even though I do think that much of the rhetoric of BLM is divisive (it does seem to be fanning the flames of Trump), it is WRONG to accuse the movement of not being inclusive.  

Having said that, the rhetoric seems to encourage black people to blame their encounters with police entirely on white prejudice (and not at all on black criminality). Putting personal experiences aside (note: I'm not denying there is clear evidence of bias against black people), does this seem accurate? Statistics show us that it's not (note: that statistics are of course not isolated from this bias). 

History shows us how scary it is to use our "experiences" to stereotype. Police brutality is an issue, but not all police are responsible. I can't help but feel the deaths of police in dallas are a symptom of this. After all, in this forum I have read things which imply that black people are being killed en masse by white racist policemen.

I read this comment on facebook:

BLM doesn't want anyone to look at the actual crime rate to evaluate *why* black people have a disproportionate number of encounters with the police. No one will get an accurate picture until BLM is willing to have the courage to look closely at the disproportionately high number of times the police are called by black victims to apprehend a black suspect, increasing the number of these confrontations.

Edited by xoney
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

FreeXone is right to say that people in Western countries bitch and moan about every little "injustice" when they live in one of the most-free countries in the world. The irony is that it is exactly because those countries are so free that they are able to bitch and moan all they want.

BUT this doesn't apply to BLM. 

For someone to listen to Jessie Williams' speech and tweet that All Lives Matter is ignorant (even though he was using "all" as a synonym for "Black") and underlines the need for BLACK to remain in the slogan. 

But that doesn't mean it's without flaw. Even though I do think that much of the rhetoric of BLM is divisive (it does seem to be fanning the flames of Trump), it is WRONG to accuse the movement of not being inclusive.  

Having said that, the rhetoric seems to encourage black people to blame their encounters with police entirely on white prejudice (and not at all on black criminality). Putting personal experiences aside (note: I'm not denying there is clear evidence of bias against black people), does this seem accurate? Statistics show us that it's not (note: that statistics are of course not isolated from this bias). 

History shows us how scary it is to use our "experiences" to stereotype. Police brutality is an issue, but not all police are responsible. I can't help but feel the deaths of police in dallas are a symptom of this. After all, in this forum I have read things which imply that black people are being killed en masse by white racist policemen.

I read this comment on facebook:

Exactly!! Thank you Xoney.

The biggest issue is black on black crime, black rap culture and as a consequence an image problem. 

I am now released from my suspension of 14 days where my freedom of speech was infringed. 

Just like 'Milo Yiannopoulos' ban on Twitter there was no reason to suspend me and I do not accept that warning. 

• Downvote 2

Exactly!! Thank you Xoney.

The biggest issue is black on black crime, black rap culture and as a consequence an image problem. 

I am now released from my suspension of 14 days where my freedom of speech was infringed. 

Just like 'Milo Yiannopoulos' ban on Twitter there was no reason to suspend me and I do not accept that warning. 

Personal attacks include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks.

None of the above allows for calling someone fat, ugly or poor. The warning isn't yours to accept; it's ours to enforce.

• Upvote 3