Ya'll Ready To Admit I Was Right About Everything?

Mr. Wonder

And I hate to say it,  but it's a direct insult to ppl like Lamont who invests HOURS, maybe even DAYS into those videos only for her to text Jimmy to tell him thanks, rather than her doing it herself. BULLSHIT. 

Don't forget: "EVERY. WAKING. MOMENT."

I think some of you missed the point where Lamont said he didnt do the work he did to hear praise from Janet for that work, I take "from the heart" to mean this is his passion, saying what he said and having so many participate to forward the idea we all believe Janet should be inducted regardless of her level of activity.

On a more mature note, we have got to stop going in on one another it aint a good look, and yes Im guilty of responding to jabs that get personal.

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Some things go beyond Twitter and trolling. I have you blocked on Twitter. I don't interact with you. I don't think of you. Leave me alone.

You literally went on Twitter and did a whole thread regarding the "inaccuracies" in the Induct Janet video. You literally took the time to tweet 40 things that I "got wrong". 40 individual tweets. All to satisfy your ego, because you weren't part of this project. All because you no longer are the go to person for Janet stats and receipts. You did that to yourself with by acting just as you're acting right now. 

This is beneath you. 

We've been a family of sorts on this forum for years now. Nearly ten years we've been part of the PJ forum in one form or another, so I know all of you won't speak on it, but what Austin did is foul. 

BTW, this project wasn't just MY doing. It was a team of people that made this happen. Including the person behind the Induct Janet campaign, the admins of my group, etc. We ALL worked together to compile these facts. We ALL worked together to get over 100 fans to participate in this project.

Around 10 people worked hard to pull this all together.  A labor of love to right a wrong. 

Fuck that though, your ego isn't being satisfied. 

Every waking moment that I wasn't working or taking care of everyday obligations was spent editing this video. 

Every. Waking. Moment. 

I went days without sleep to make this video a reality for the fans and for the Induct Janet initiative. Nearly a week without sleep, and not properly taking care of myself to create this project.

To wrap this up, as for the comments about me wasting my time doing this without acknowledgement or a thank you from Janet, because she doesn't care.... I don't do this for acknowledgement from Janet. I do it from the heart. 

However, without going into specifics, how do you think I was able to upload this video to Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube without an issue? Exactly. 

If being right and being included means that much to you, you are a sad individual. I wasn't going to give you the satisfaction of responding to your pettiness, but I'm not going to be bullied or belittled anymore. 

As someone that's known you for nearly 10 years. As someone that admired you at one time. As someone I considered a friend (even in the online world).. .I am ashamed and disappointed. 

RIP Austin's Ego 

I think some of you missed the point where Lamont said he didnt do the work he did to hear praise from Janet for that work, I take "from the heart" to mean this is his passion, saying what he said and having so many participate to forward the idea we all believe Janet should be inducted regardless of her level of activity.

Whose a good boy!?!

Anyone who constantly posts negativity in their "leisure time" is trolling

I see it all the time on FB (news articles like Buzzfeed & Huff Post). Trump "supporters" will go above and beyond to troll on these liberal news outlets over and over.. laughing at their own ignorance.. pretending they are getting under the skin of normal people. 

Same with J. 

It is the definition of pathetic. It is trolling in the purest form, plain & simple

As I said, we got rid of the two KKK members and gained two trolls to replace them. It's time we stood together as a Fam and say "NO to Trolls"

You literally we're siding with Austin for 8 pages than ThatOtherFan came, you smelled his ass, and wagged your tail

Bailey, apologize and move on.

no I didnt....I can grasp both points of view for different reasons, I can understand the frustration that Austin feels with Janet, we waited all that time she hyped us up and shit hit the fan, and it looks like she's not as engaged with us, that alienates your fan base, and for an artist of Janet's magnitude that is a frustrating feeling so I understand Austin wanting to "unplug" as many others have either said or actually did.

Now TOF, he's coming from the die hard fan perspective that regardless of the current state of things, we all love Janet for what she created well before "Unbreakable" an entirely separate thought from frustration. Janet's career has spanned decades and she achieved a whole lot for a Black female in that music game. Jackson or not we want her to get her due. The induct campaign is a project we have all participated in, some larger forms than others but point is..............no matter our different perspectives and interpretations may be now, we still love her.

no I didnt....I can grasp both points of view for different reasons, I can understand the frustration that Austin feels with Janet, we waited all that time she hyped us up and shit hit the fan, and it looks like she's not as engaged with us, that alienates your fan base, and for an artist of Janet's magnitude that is a frustrating feeling so I understand Austin wanting to "unplug" as many others have either said or actually did.

Now TOF, he's coming from the die hard fan perspective that regardless of the current state of things, we all love Janet for what she created well before "Unbreakable" an entirely separate thought from frustration. Janet's career has spanned decades and she achieved a whole lot for a Black female in that music game. Jackson or not we want her to get her due. The induct campaign is a project we have all participated in, some larger forms than others but point is..............no matter our different perspectives and interpretations may be now, we still love her.

1) She didn't hype anyone up. You hyped yourselves up for some huge era... She released her album on an INDEPENDENT LABEL... There are ZERO independent artists that can do what Janet did. You caused your own "disappointment" by not knowing what an Indy artist is.. by not knowing the limitations. Only idiots thought she was going to go on this huge promo like it's 2001... Janet is smarter than that.

2) You're attempting to play both sides of the field. You can grasp the ideas but you side with both. I can't grasp on Austin's ideas bc I'm not an idiot and I'm very aware of the music industry.. I'm with JanFam through & through and my words will reflect that.. How about you?!

3) TOF isn't necessarily a "die-Hard" fan.. He's a fan who respect Janet and doesn't talk down about her bc of his personal "disappointment" and ignorance 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 2

Why would factual information need to change? How isn't it valuable anymore if Mr. Wonder's facts are still being used in recent videos?  

We don't celebrate the person who writes history books.. we celebrate the person who made history.

Austin is basically Christopher Columbus in the fact that he didn't discover America. 

Who dis? You "new"? 

Edited by Game

We don't celebrate the person who writes history books.. we celebrate the person who made history 

But the person who made said "history" wouldn't be nothing without Mr. Wonder as their ghostwriter. And even with such help, the person who made said "history" wasn't a competent storyteller.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But the person who made said "history" wouldn't be nothing without Mr. Wonder as their ghostwriter. And even with such help, the person who made said "history" wasn't a competent storyteller.

Janet Jackson doesn't need Austin.. period. 

Austin didn't create the RN.. He didn't create Unbreakable.

Austin hosted a TV special with low ratings. 

Have several seats n00b

Edited by Game

Janet Jackson doesn't need Austin.. period. 

Austin didn't create the RN.. He didn't create Unbreakable.

Austin hosted a TV special with low ratings. 

Have several seats n00b

No, Janet Jackson needs a better team and to actually care about her career...period.

YOU need stop being in denial about Mr. Wonder's ongoing contributions to this fan base, it's rather childish...period.

Trying to belittle me by calling me a n00b will do you no favors. My thread post count has no bearing on my ability to drag a bitch. Learn it, live it, love it...PERIOD.

umad.gif

• Upvote 2

1) She didn't hype anyone up. You hyped yourselves up for some huge era... She released her album on an INDEPENDENT LABEL... There are ZERO independent artists that can do what Janet did. You caused your own "disappointment" by not knowing what an Indy artist is.. by not knowing the limitations. Only idiots thought she was going to go on this huge promo like it's 2001... Janet is smarter than that.

2) You're attempting to play both sides of the field. You can grasp the ideas but you side with both. I can't grasp on Austin's ideas bc I'm not an idiot and I'm very aware of the music industry.. I'm with JanFam through & through and my words will reflect that.. How about you?!

3) TOF isn't necessarily a "die-Hard" fan.. He's a fan who respect Janet and doesn't talk down about her bc of his personal "disappointment" and ignorance 

you're right she never hyped anything, she did everything through her damn social media, which is clear to me she was focused on her fans who follow her. some fans got mad at her because she didnt hype up the project the way they wanted her to. her not caring about the hype or the traditional promo route dont mean she didnt care about the music, if that was the case we would have gotten an album that sounds more like 'discipline' instead of the great 'unbreakable'.

• Upvote 2

there is an important reality to grasp and take it for what it is, Janet is in awhole other space now, after all she has already done she doesn't need to work again to live, and like it or not she seems to be quite content not in the spotlight and very much a private person, who also happens to be married to a billionaire. At this point if I do see or hear anything Janet I will know its because that's what she wanted to do ...she doesn't need to do anything

• Upvote 1

Some things go beyond Twitter and trolling. I have you blocked on Twitter. I don't interact with you. I don't think of you. Leave me alone.

You literally went on Twitter and did a whole thread regarding the "inaccuracies" in the Induct Janet video. You literally took the time to tweet 40 things that I "got wrong". 40 individual tweets. All to satisfy your ego, because you weren't part of this project. All because you no longer are the go to person for Janet stats and receipts. You did that to yourself with by acting just as you're acting right now. 

This is beneath you. 

We've been a family of sorts on this forum for years now. Nearly ten years we've been part of the PJ forum in one form or another, so I know all of you won't speak on it, but what Austin did is foul. 

BTW, this project wasn't just MY doing. It was a team of people that made this happen. Including the person behind the Induct Janet campaign, the admins of my group, etc. We ALL worked together to compile these facts. We ALL worked together to get over 100 fans to participate in this project.

Around 10 people worked hard to pull this all together.  A labor of love to right a wrong. 

Fuck that though, your ego isn't being satisfied. 

Every waking moment that I wasn't working or taking care of everyday obligations was spent editing this video. 

Every. Waking. Moment. 

I went days without sleep to make this video a reality for the fans and for the Induct Janet initiative. Nearly a week without sleep, and not properly taking care of myself to create this project.

To wrap this up, as for the comments about me wasting my time doing this without acknowledgement or a thank you from Janet, because she doesn't care.... I don't do this for acknowledgement from Janet. I do it from the heart. 

However, without going into specifics, how do you think I was able to upload this video to Facebook, Vimeo, and YouTube without an issue? Exactly. 

If being right and being included means that much to you, you are a sad individual. I wasn't going to give you the satisfaction of responding to your pettiness, but I'm not going to be bullied or belittled anymore. 

As someone that's known you for nearly 10 years. As someone that admired you at one time. As someone I considered a friend (even in the online world).. .I am ashamed and disappointed. 

I'll say this and I'll leave it alone....

As I've told the dick rider in this thread, I can have an entire bag on chips on my shoulder because my track record warrants it. The threads I created (Sales, Pop Culture, Charts, etc.) are the home base for Janet receipts. They were compiled because it appeared every other fan base created comprehensive summaries of their artist's career, except Janet. So I took the liberty to do the same for Janet and her fans, because no one else had done it. I spent months - and at this point, years - compiling all of Janet's successes into a series of threads as points of reference.

My work has reached widespread attention, to the point where major worldwide publications have quoted Janet as selling 140mil records (the Induct Janet guy even quoted this figure in his letter to the R&R HOF committee). When Jimmy got on the BET Awards during the opening of the tribute last year, and stated Janet had sold 140 million records, my ego, and status in this community, was validated.  

My tweets about your video are independent of my ego, however. They were an illustration of irritation at the MO being taken with the Induct Janet campaign. Your intentions and the video are commendable, however it was ineffective and predictable - a chronological order of Janet's career inserted with stats. This was the basis of my thread of tweets, the whole video was stats, stats, stats. Yes they are impressive, but the video lacked creativity and direction, and did not fully cement the justification of an induction. It didn't necessarily highlight the overall artistic output of Janet, lacked an understanding of what she represented, and failed to provide an analysis of her career.

I watched the entire video, and a lot of the "facts" were indeed inaccurate or a complete fabrication. Your video states Control won a Grammy. It didn't Lamont. It didn't. RN sold nearly 20 million? Where did you get that information? Those tour grosses? Highly inflated. You mentioned Madonna followed Janet performing at Gelredome. How does that add to Janet's legacy? Stop being jealous that Janet isn't having the success Madonna and Beyonce are having, because you really are ("check in the mirror my friend"). If the stats in the video are incorrect, doesn't that defeat the purpose of the video? In fact, there's no reason to mention any other artists in the video, because the focus should be on the person you're trying to get inducted. Keep the focus on Janet.

What's most frustrating is that the information is RIGHT THERE. You can search the Grammy website for Janet's wins. Janet's own label confirmed 14mil for RN1814 back in 2009. Search my threads. Pull the receipts. I don't care. That's why they're there. I pointed out 35 inaccurate "facts" in a 27 minute video. That's something wrong once every minute. And you all want the R&R HOF committee to see this? Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is that this video was made, and you all didn't even fact check? It made us look like a complete joke. We want them to induct her, but we can't even get her stats correct? And we're supposed to be fans? Fact checking is one of the most important aspects of journalism, and you didn't do it.

So like I said, your intentions are commendable, however your methods are ineffective. I have plenty of ideas, even offered to help, but I will not considering how I've been ostracized by so many of you despite the work I've put in. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

No, Janet Jackson needs a better team and to actually care about her career...period.

YOU need stop being in denial about Mr. Wonder's ongoing contributions to this fan base, it's rather childish...period.

Trying to belittle me by calling me a n00b will do you no favors. My thread post count has no bearing on my ability to drag a bitch. Learn it, live it, love it...PERIOD.

No she doesn't. She needs to take care of SELF and her FAMILY.. :umm: That is all. 

Get off his dick bro. It wasn't cute when's bailey was doing it.. you're def not helping his weak ass case. Janet doesn't need some random ass fake fan

Your appearance is what I was questioning. You come here attempting to defend your butt buddy but everyone sees through your bullshit. 

• Upvote 1

you're right she never hyped anything, she did everything through her damn social media, which is clear to me she was focused on her fans who follow her. some fans got mad at her because she didnt hype up the project the way they wanted her to. her not caring about the hype or the traditional promo route dont mean she didnt care about the music, if that was the case we would have gotten an album that sounds more like 'discipline' instead of the great 'unbreakable'.

Right! Janet shifted.. and she did it perfectly scoring something her peers couldn't 

• Upvote 1