bonsaibutterfly

At the moment, I'm Janet-out... I have my iPhone on shuffle so if it lands on Janet i will listen regardless of the song. But usually I get into a Janet kick (during her downtime) but ATM there isn't one song I play over and over 

The last one I had was DB.. STCML is always my go to on hot summer afternoons/evenings. 

If, TA, TMA, WT,& WWO are usually apart of my  "Janet kicks"

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

Right now I've been listening to don't mess up this good thing and he doesn't even know I'm alive. I have no clue why. Just currently feeling them. I really adore her vocals a lot in hdekia. She's so so cute on that track it makes me smile.Also black cat and throb are getting lots of plays lately too 

• Upvote 1

Hm... Interesting topic!
I recently rediscovered 'Lonely' and I'm in love with it!

But, at the same time, it leaves me "hating" on Janet even more! LOL
She has such AMAZING songs! A bunch of never performed and 'forgotten' gems...
Anyway, my song of the moment is definitely 'Lonely'!

• Upvote 6

"If"  its permanently on my brain, when I my dementia fully sets in and I forget my own name or how to wipe my own ass .... I will still know the lyrics and choreography to "If" -_-

Gurl trust. If has been in rotation since 93. I will never stop playing that track. It gives me so many fierce feels. And when I happen to hear it while I'm out , you better make room for my performance. If is life

• Upvote 2

"If"  its permanently on my brain, when I my dementia fully sets in and I forget my own name or how to wipe my own ass .... I will still know the lyrics and choreography to "If" -_-

Gurl trust. If has been in rotation since 93. I will never stop playing that track. It gives me so many fierce feels. And when I happen to hear it while I'm out , you better make room for my performance. If is life

• Upvote 2

Mine is 'When I think of you'. A few days ago I found it again (usually I don't listen to the old albums that much) and it's just such a happy and joyful song. The video is great and positive too and the choreography is on point (Abdul?).

Yes Abdul

On youtube you can watch a rare rehearsal video of it. With Paula teaching Janet and dancers the routine 

• Upvote 1

I know right! She has so many amazing songs... and many of them unknown to the 'general public'.

Yeah... but more than that. Sometimes I feel Janet herself forget about those, you know? Ok, her career exceeds 30 years, she's done A LOT and you can't remember everything, but.... That was my point with the Unbreakable Tour setlist. I loved the show, the new versions and stuff, but It's the same fuckin' setlist for 3 tours now! 

I loved what they did on the Rock Witchu, Number Ones was understandable but Unbreakable? Where were the new songs? The 'Unbreakable' message? The old songs? The never performed, long time forgotten?

I understand she has the #1 hits the fans love it and the general audience buys it, but her catalog is SO AMAZING and she keeps repeating the same old songs everytime... 

That same things "bored me" about Michael. Doesn't matter how awsome and magical he was on stage, he performed the same songs since the Bad World Tour, and he also had an INSANE catalog. Every tour sounded like a #1/Greatest Hits show LOL

When we see Janet or Jimmy saying she plans the tour during the recording sessions, the performances, the stage, the outfits... I can't feel that on Unbreakable. It seems they remixed the Number Ones Tour edits, add 2 or 3 new songs, and 'we're ready to go!'

Edited by feehgarcia
  • Upvote 6

No lie......Im still on my Unbreakable kick, I take my breaks and new discoveries  but I keep coming back to that album. With Gon Be Alright, Night, The Great Forever,   2BLoved & Damn Baby leading the pack.

Im currently off my kick atm but I would never skip SKB, DB, TMA, WT, [maybe] NS, & 2BL

agree ^

since up close and personal the tours seems like one long ass medley or a mix cd

I mean.. look at what she has to work with. This ain't Beyoncé or Rihanna.. she HAS to play 90% of her setlists. Causal fans only know her hits.. real fans know every fucking word from any song. It's a slippery slope when Janet creates her setlist

IMO I rather see less of her old stuff and more of her new songs.. 

I mean.. look at what she has to work with. This ain't Beyoncé or Rihanna.. she HAS to play 90% of her setlists. Causal fans only know her hits.. real fans know every fucking word from any song. It's a slippery slope when Janet creates her setlist

IMO I rather see less of her old stuff and more of her new songs.. 

She has taken the risk before though on the RWU tour. Id have loved Lonely or WAYN over Again/Lets Wait Awhile, but those two are usually when the crowd starts singing.

But yeah i think most would prefer the suprise of hearing old album tracks at this stage. A casual fan would probably respond as if it were a new song...everyone else would love it.

• Upvote 1

She has taken the risk before though on the RWU tour. Id have loved Lonely or WAYN over Again/Lets Wait Awhile, but those two are usually when the crowd starts singing.

But yeah i think most would prefer the suprise of hearing old album tracks at this stage. A casual fan would probably respond as if it were a new song...everyone else would love it.

That was a large risk especially since the music was shit... Unbreakable Tour could have used more album tracks than it did

No...the problem is that Janet tries to cram in damn near ALL her singles when infact she should leave some out. Thats why her whole concert is one big medley broken up in segments. If she would leave off some of her songs it would make ypu miss those songs and be in awe on the next tour. Since janet performs most of her singles with every tour it gets boring to hear em. Youre not as enthused. Like, i understand she wants to give the audience what she thinks they wanna hear but its a double edge sword. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 4

That was a large risk especially since the music was shit... Unbreakable Tour could have used more album tracks than it did

Which music was shit...the old songs she played or the fact it was a tour promoting a shit album???

Maybe she didnt want to create too much new choreography this time

Edited by vibeology

I have been listening to Lonely & oddly With U came to my mind so I played it. Kinda had an urge to hear it. I hate that on tour she hasn't utilized Funny How Time Flies enough. It's so classic & enough people know it & love it. She can trade LWA for it or just add it. It won't take too much to add the song. She has in the past & it went over perfect. Also, I stand by RWU being one of her best besides the lip-syncing which has kinda become normal prob due to age but regardless one of her best 

• Upvote 2