Honestly, within 10 years...

Illi

True, but at least just be seen! Fans wanna see their artist. This era didnt need LOADS of promo...just some.

And i already agreed it would have been nice to see her but im not stuck on that a whole yr later. But for ppl to act as if her doin interviews and performances was gonna be enough to make this era big... Is where the delusions set in. Cus it was NEVER gonna be a huge era anyway. Thats my only point. Just say you all wanted to see her. Not add in the whole seeing her was gonna increase sales and all that jibberish bs

• Upvote 3

I think some of you are making too much of "this new movement".  It wasn't suppose to be a grandiose movement, nothing like Rhythm Nation or The Velvet Rope. It was simple and Janet sings about it in one of her songs and if you don't know which song it is than I can't help you cause you obviously aren't listening. 

We dont know what the new movement was supposed to be because it was never explained.  If you are saying the song lyrics are the movement then this is a case of a tree falling in the forest and no one is there.   There were hashtags that still make no sense.  I think they just drop the ball big time in terms of knowing how social media works.  I mean all that is going on in this world and you have a keep the conversation going hashtag and you do nothing with it.  That could have been huge.   You had celebrities like Kevin Hart and Sean Hayes making videos with your songs and you do nothing with it.  I think they had an idea they wanted to go with but just were not ready for how this digital world works.  

In 10 years, I think the Janet community needs to quit relying on the internet and social media as much and keep in touch with each other, spend time with each other, and make events.

I've made a lot of great friends because of Janet and I think great things happen when we come together.

I've met 3 friends from the Janet forums because we attended her show not cause of social media. Another friend is a mod and he and I talk from time to time. I do like your instagram and facebook. I see you and William are great friends. I like seeing that

• Upvote 1

We dont know what the new movement was supposed to be because it was never explained.  If you are saying the song lyrics are the movement then this is a case of a tree falling in the forest and no one is there.   There were hashtags that still make no sense.  I think they just drop the ball big time in terms of knowing how social media works.  I mean all that is going on in this world and you have a keep the conversation going hashtag and you do nothing with it.  That could have been huge.   You had celebrities like Kevin Hart and Sean Hayes making videos with your songs and you do nothing with it.  I think they had an idea they wanted to go with but just were not ready for how this digital world works.  

Thank you and how does anybody know if this era was gonna be big or not? I love your examples of Kevin and Sean. Not to mention Mariah even gave Janet a shout out when she released No Sleeep.