Bye Trump: Our National Disgrace. Finally evicted his orange ass

kidfresh832

• 4 months later...

I can proudly report I have seen a great many people young and of color voting, as did I today. I think what Trump did, was forced an ugly conversation in this country and thus mobilized his base, but he also inadvertently mobilized the opposition, there are people voting that simply would not in a midterm election cycle.  My understanding of it, albeit limited, is the Senate may very well go even more GOP. I haven't read polls or anything because in 2016 most polls had Clinton up by 10 points, so I'm simply waiting to see where things land I dont want to see coverage or anything, simply give me the final results and whats news and whats not

1 hour ago, John.... said:

I can proudly report I have seen a great many people young and of color voting, as did I today. I think what Trump did, was forced an ugly conversation in this country and thus mobilized his base, but he also inadvertently mobilized the opposition, there are people voting that simply would not in a midterm election cycle.  My understanding of it, albeit limited, is the Senate may very well go even more GOP. I haven't read polls or anything because in 2016 most polls had Clinton up by 10 points, so I'm simply waiting to see where things land I dont want to see coverage or anything, simply give me the final results and whats news and whats not

I hope the pollmasters have learned from their mixtakes but no one is saying much of anything. 

Ohio and other states close their polls in an hour

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

I hope the pollmasters have learned from their mixtakes but no one is saying much of anything. 

Ohio and other states close their polls in an hour

I have to share that I have a strong gut feeling that hasnt shaken away at all for months and months even when the talk was the GOP was going to take hits here, I feel the GOP is going to come out tonight looking pretty well intact, now if that's not the case that would certainly be a rebuke of Trump but like I said I havent shaken that gut feeling. I will again state, it was refreshing to see many young and people of color vote, this is going to be interesting how it turns out no matter which way.

3 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

We are trying in Texas for Beto. Is going to be hard but he's the real deal and deserves the win. But it's Texas so I am cautious. 

Florida is gross still. 

Democrats won 3 seats so far! Idk what happened in Florida. I saw it trending on twitter though

^^^ hell yea. But I heard the first to be African American female governor, which Oprah came out for, lost....there's a lot to dissect, but I am proud of those you got involved, I saw many people of color, and went to my pharmacy school tonight only to be asked by a Black female dean; "how many of you voted today"  all those young and mixed race hands that came up in the air, including my own...we in this shit :clapping:

Positives from last night are that there ARE more people that can vote that usually don't.  Beto proved you can energize young and new voters that people never count on to come out.  That race was way closer than it should have been for Cruz.  And they were forced to spend millions upon millions more and get Trump to come do rallies and make Cruz kiss his ass to get the base out.

GOP din't want to have to spend the money they did here in Texas.  And Betos effect is giving credit to flipping a lot of local races and House races here cause he energized Democratic voters and got some straight DEM ticket votes.  Guys at work while celebrating Beto lost are lamenting the "surprise losses" of red seats down the ticket because of him.

Some of the other takeaways I saw.  Gerrymandering and voter suppression are REAL.  That Georgia Race was a hot dirty mess.  And I think Stacy Abrams is right in contesting and demanding that every single vote be counted there.  Every ballot provisional, absentee, fight for all those voters they tried to suppress.  Now she legit may have lost, it is  the deep south.  But, there was clear shenanigans going on, Kemp never should be allowed to be in charge of the election and be running in it.  That is crazy.   Fighting for every vote to be counted even if she loses in the end, will at least not demoralize the voters that came out despite all the bullshit, and encourage them not to give up next time and keep trying.

The other thing I noticed is Florida is still gross.  Every election people think Florida will stop acting a fool.  And here we go again.  DeSantis is a huge Trump kiss ass.  He cozys up to the racists, they endorsed him, Gillium clearly and soundly whipped his ass in the debates and made him look absolutely stupid.  He still won.  

6 hours ago, John.... said:

^^^ hell yea. But I heard the first to be African American female governor, which Oprah came out for, lost....there's a lot to dissect, but I am proud of those you got involved, I saw many people of color, and went to my pharmacy school tonight only to be asked by a Black female dean; "how many of you voted today"  all those young and mixed race hands that came up in the air, including my own...we in this shit :clapping:

Marijuana is legal in your state. Shocked you didn’t mention that

2 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

Positives from last night are that there ARE more people that can vote that usually don't.  Beto proved you can energize young and new voters that people never count on to come out.  That race was way closer than it should have been for Cruz.  And they were forced to spend millions upon millions more and get Trump to come do rallies and make Cruz kiss his ass to get the base out.

GOP din't want to have to spend the money they did here in Texas.  And Betos effect is giving credit to flipping a lot of local races and House races here cause he energized Democratic voters and got some straight DEM ticket votes.  Guys at work while celebrating Beto lost are lamenting the "surprise losses" of red seats down the ticket because of him.

Some of the other takeaways I saw.  Gerrymandering and voter suppression are REAL.  That Georgia Race was a hot dirty mess.  And I think Stacy Abrams is right in contesting and demanding that every single vote be counted there.  Every ballot provisional, absentee, fight for all those voters they tried to suppress.  Now she legit may have lost, it is  the deep south.  But, there was clear shenanigans going on, Kemp never should be allowed to be in charge of the election and be running in it.  That is crazy.   Fighting for every vote to be counted even if she loses in the end, will at least not demoralize the voters that came out despite all the bullshit, and encourage them not to give up next time and keep trying.

The other thing I noticed is Florida is still gross.  Every election people think Florida will stop acting a fool.  And here we go again.  DeSantis is a huge Trump kiss ass.  He cozys up to the racists, they endorsed him, Gillium clearly and soundly whipped his ass in the debates and made him look absolutely stupid.  He still won.  

With over 1.5 million former felons regaining their right to vote, Florida may turn blue in the long run

4 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

With over 1.5 million former felons regaining their right to vote, Florida may turn blue in the long run

That win for prop 4 is the one bright note in Florida's results.  People that have served their debt to society there that generally skew minority getting to vote now hopefully they all actually use it.  And want change

1 hour ago, kidfresh832 said:

That win for prop 4 is the one bright note in Florida's results.  People that have served their debt to society there that generally skew minority getting to vote now hopefully they all actually use it.  And want change

Hopefully they do otherwise it’s a wash

4 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Marijuana is legal in your state. Shocked you didn’t mention that

Our state has fought against it at every turn, this proposition is not going to just go into effect without legal challenges and even more battles. People who open dispensaries pretty much were shut down the law came in and did they damn best to find any cause to stop this process. So in short, I do not know what this state will do or how its going to act because legally speaking the government here has declared war against it.

California is fucked! Proposition 10 didn't pass which means the extension of rent control is no longer. Rent is already high and it's gonna go higher smh. Oh and Trump's worst nightmare is now chairperson of the finance committee:lol:

Image result for maxine waters

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/the-finance-202/2018/11/07/the-finance-202-big-banks-are-in-for-rough-ride-in-new-washington/5be1db461b326b392905462a/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d73e64b0d932

9 hours ago, John.... said:

Our state has fought against it at every turn, this proposition is not going to just go into effect without legal challenges and even more battles. People who open dispensaries pretty much were shut down the law came in and did they damn best to find any cause to stop this process. So in short, I do not know what this state will do or how its going to act because legally speaking the government here has declared war against it.

Cool story but it won’t be reversed or slowed down. You can start smoking legally in December. Cities can outlaw it but that’s stupid. 

The new governor is for it too soooo 

Stores won’t be established until early 2020

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Cool story but it won’t be reversed or slowed down. You can start smoking legally in December. Cities can outlaw it but that’s stupid. 

The new governor is for it too soooo 

Stores won’t be established until early 2020

this is news to me, because I removed myself from the coverage I've had plenty else going on. If they say its cool then that''s what's going to be. I did read that those cities that allow dispensaries to operate within their city limits will be allotted tax revenue from it. They intend to tax pot at 10% which is almost twice the state's current 6% sales tax. I think once the money starts rolling, people will get over their hangups

8 hours ago, John.... said:

this is news to me, because I removed myself from the coverage I've had plenty else going on. If they say its cool then that''s what's going to be. I did read that those cities that allow dispensaries to operate within their city limits will be allotted tax revenue from it. They intend to tax pot at 10% which is almost twice the state's current 6% sales tax. I think once the money starts rolling, people will get over their hangups

You should be more knowledgeable on pot reform in your state than an Ohioan :umm:  Tho I follow it nationwide

If we had a real president it would be legal by now. Gotta wait until 2020 or so

8 hours ago, Game For Now said:

You should be more knowledgeable on pot reform in your state than an Ohioan :umm:  Tho I follow it nationwide

If we had a real president it would be legal by now. Gotta wait until 2020 or so

I work like two 14 hours days  a fulltime job ,volunteer at church and I am cramming as much information into my brain as possible for Pharmacy school. You're right but to be honest the only thing I knew mattered was it's passage and I knew it would, that was clearly in the writing

2 hours ago, John.... said:

I work like two 14 hours days  a fulltime job ,volunteer at church and I am cramming as much information into my brain as possible for Pharmacy school. You're right but to be honest the only thing I knew mattered was it's passage and I knew it would, that was clearly in the writing

You volunteer at a cult? :umm: 

5 hours ago, Game For Now said:

You volunteer at a cult?  

it's a gay church with a White gay pastor who adopted two Black girls, and is divorced from a Black man. I go there to recenter myself, because life tends to take me all over. I dont really care as much about the word as I do the fellowship. If it helps I'm padding my resume for Pharmacy school, looks good I spent all these hours volunteering in a food pantry to distribute food to the needy :umm:  I'm on my side iHoney :filenails: