Bye Trump: Our National Disgrace. Finally evicted his orange ass

kidfresh832

Who really needs to be under fire is Colin Kaepernick.

Started the whole protesting during the National Anthem movement by sports figures that took off.  Then say you are against the racism in the country and then don't even fucking vote?  That's some corny bullshit.  That same mentality that leaves us with Trump.  When so many of the electorate just doesn't use their right to vote.

Anyone that could vote but didn't I am not trying to hear any of their bullshit complaints about the government.

Colin Kaepernick didn't vote in the election, and some people are furious

When Election Day came, however, Kaepernick did not “pick the lesser of two evils.” He didn’t pick anyone at all. So, on Wednesday, just hours after President-elect Donald Trump declared victory in the 2016 election, ESPN personality Stephen A. Smith let Kaepernick have it.

“Colin Kaepernick, after all this noise that you made — even though you didn’t intend to do so — offending our military servicemen and women, and pointing out about how you wanted to bring attention to racial injustices and beyond in this country,” Smith argued on ESPN2’s “First Take.” “To turn around and not to even take your behind to the polls to vote for a particular candidate? It is shameful. Absolutely shameful.”

Smith’s rant continued uninterrupted for nearly two minutes, calling the controversial San Francisco 49ers starter “a flaming hypocrite,” who “betrayed his cause.”

“He absolutely betrayed his cause. As far as I’m concerned, Colin Kaepernick is absolutely irrelevant,” Smith passionately articulated. “I don’t want to see him again. I don’t want to hear from him again. I don’t want to hear a damn word about anything that he has to say about our nation, the issues that we have, racial injustices, needing change, etc. etc. He comes across as a flaming hypocrite... and quite frankly, I hope he goes away. He’s lucky to be in the league right now.”

Edited by kidfresh832

Who really needs to be under fire is Colin Kaepernick.

Started the whole protesting during the National Anthem movement by sports figures that took off.  Then say you are against the racism in the country and then don't even fucking vote?  That's some corny bullshit.  That same mentality that leaves us with Trump.  When so many of the electorate just doesn't use their right to vote.

Yeah, what a hypocrite. This nation is full of them. -_- 

Colin Kaepernick Explains Why He Didnt Vote 

Late Wednesday, Kaepernick spoke with reporters during a conference call from Arizona where the 49ers are gearing up for a game against the Cardinals, and he explained why he chose not to vote. He said that he didn’t approve of any of the candidates in the presidential race, which is why he didn’t spend much time worrying about who was going to win. He also said that he "really didn’t pay too close of attention" to the outcome of the election on Tuesday night.

"I’ve been very disconnected from the systematic oppression as a whole," he said. "So for me, it’s another face that’s going to be the face of that system of oppression. And to me, it didn’t really matter who went in there. The system remains intact that oppresses people of color."

As ESPN pointed out, the fact that Kaepernick didn’t vote probably shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Back in September, he was very vocal about how he didn’t think that either of the two main candidates was qualified for the job of President of the United States of America. "To me, it was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates," he said following the first presidential debate. "Both are proven liars, and it almost seems like they’re trying to debate who is less racist, and at this point, I was talking to one of my friends who goes, 'You have to pick the lesser of the two evils, but in the end, it’s still evil.'"

Kaepernick is obviously free to vote or not vote, but that probably isn’t going to stop him from facing more criticism in the coming days.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2016/11/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-chose-not-vote-presidential-election

And it continues to make no sense.  I read that as well and that makes his entire protest hollow.  I think everyone agrees the 2 candidates we were presented with were far below the best or what we deserved as Americans.  But, what are you protesting the anthem for?  What change do you want to happen?  What are you going to do about the horrible things you are protesting if you do not participate in the political process because you cant be bothered?

The answer is nothing.  You stand for nothing.  You wasted people's time.  I saw High school kids get in fights for emulating him on the High school fields of play he had a platform to say something real.  Lead by example.  I am not even saying vote for Hilary if he despised her so much.  But Just like those Bernie supporters that were never Hilary.  The KKK would NOT be celebrating a Hilary win like they are for Trumps ass.  And that alone speaks volumes. 

• Upvote 1

Colin Kaepernick Explains Why He Didnt Vote 

Late Wednesday, Kaepernick spoke with reporters during a conference call from Arizona where the 49ers are gearing up for a game against the Cardinals, and he explained why he chose not to vote. He said that he didn’t approve of any of the candidates in the presidential race, which is why he didn’t spend much time worrying about who was going to win. He also said that he "really didn’t pay too close of attention" to the outcome of the election on Tuesday night.

"I’ve been very disconnected from the systematic oppression as a whole," he said. "So for me, it’s another face that’s going to be the face of that system of oppression. And to me, it didn’t really matter who went in there. The system remains intact that oppresses people of color."

As ESPN pointed out, the fact that Kaepernick didn’t vote probably shouldn’t come as a huge surprise. Back in September, he was very vocal about how he didn’t think that either of the two main candidates was qualified for the job of President of the United States of America. "To me, it was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates," he said following the first presidential debate. "Both are proven liars, and it almost seems like they’re trying to debate who is less racist, and at this point, I was talking to one of my friends who goes, 'You have to pick the lesser of the two evils, but in the end, it’s still evil.'"

Kaepernick is obviously free to vote or not vote, but that probably isn’t going to stop him from facing more criticism in the coming days.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.www.complex.com/sports/2016/11/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-chose-not-vote-presidential-election

And either way 49% of the nation didn't vote. Some Blacks won't vote cause maybe they just don't wanna vote for a white person to run their lives. Both of them are definitely liars and have done dirt. I'm glad Collin did stand up and protest. Hell I was talking to a old white man yesterday and he said "I worked with people like "You" and I went to the military with them and when we came back they still got treated bad even after defending this country. Man I don't know how you guys deal with it. I couldn't imagine going through what you guys go through." Why vote for a country who still treats you like a piece of shit?

there's still a great amount of dissent, I mean you have 49% or so of those who did vote that are not happy to say the least with the outcome. I believe there is a lot coming that will show this country not pulling together and folks will still voice opposition to Trump, esp if his rhetoric rears its head again, and theres not much stopping him from doing so.

I often wonder though did President Obama ever imagine the guy he made fun of at the White House dinner, who was sitting in the audience, would become his successor. smh :sigh:

Edited by Bailey.

If you dont wanna vote for president, fine. But there are other things on the ballot worth voting for. I pretty much voted yes on everything that would benefit the community even if it was a tax hike. Definitely not blindly, but theyre already taking my money, id like to see something tangible happen in front of me in my community.

Stop it with blaming of white persons for Hillary's loss. Not everyone who voted for trump is an idiot or a racist. Trump got more of the latino vote and black vote than Romney! Hillary was a flawed candidate. She lost states Obama won TWICE. Its not racism or sexism that lost her the election

• Upvote 1

So while Trump assembles his Legion of Doom for a cabinet....his VP tried to take in a show on Broadway and got booed and a speech by the cast and creator of Hamilton.  Love it!

Hamilton cast plea to Mike Pence

However, upon the show's curtain call, the cast and crew of Hamilton, led by actor Brandon Victor Dixon, had a strong message to deliver to the VP-elect. "There's nothing to boo here, we're all here sharing a story of love," Dixon said. "We have a message for you, sir."

"Vice President-elect Pence, welcome. Thank you for joining us at Hamilton - An American Musical. We, sir, are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values, and work on behalf of ALL of us," Dixon said.

Throughout Friday's performance, the audience responded loudly to key moments in Hamilton knowing that the conservative-leaning vice president who lobbied for anti-gay legislation in Indiana was in the building; actor Javier Munoz, who plays Alexander Hamilton since Miranda's departure, is HIV-positive and gay.

Following the line, "Immigrants, we get the job done," a minutes-long standing ovation broke out, and actor Rory O'Malley, who plays King George in the musical, had to stop his performances several times as the audience responded to lyrics like "When people say they hate you" and "Do you know how hard it is to lead," lines O'Malley aimed toward Pence specifically.

And of course Trump tweets that the cast should apologize for being rude! 

Edited by kidfresh832

If you dont wanna vote for president, fine. But there are other things on the ballot worth voting for. I pretty much voted yes on everything that would benefit the community even if it was a tax hike. Definitely not blindly, but theyre already taking my money, id like to see something tangible happen in front of me in my community.

Stop it with blaming of white persons for Hillary's loss. Not everyone who voted for trump is an idiot or a racist. Trump got more of the latino vote and black vote than Romney! Hillary was a flawed candidate. She lost states Obama won TWICE. Its not racism or sexism that lost her the election

It was white people ? you ok

• Upvote 1

I hope all the gays who were pro Trump feel dumb as fuck now the gay community faces more anti LGBT laws. Over 200 anti lgbt laws were introduced in 2016. Republicans in the house have just voted down an amendment to protect gays from discrimination.

House erupts in chaos after LGBT vote

GOP leaders barely muscled up the votes to reject an amendment that would have barred federal contractors from getting government work if they discriminate against the LGBT community.

By RACHAEL BADEBEN WEYL and JOHN BRESNAHAN

05/19/16 12:37 PM EDT

Updated 05/19/16 12:50 PM EDT

The House erupted in chaos Thursday morning with Democrats crying foul after Republicans hastily persuaded a few of their own to switch their votes and narrowly block an amendment intended to protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people from discrimination.

It was an unruly scene on the floor with Democrats chanting, "Shame!" after GOP leaders barely muscled up the votes to reject, 212-213, an amendment by Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney (D-N.Y.) that would have effectively barred federal contractors from getting government work if they discriminate against the LGBT community.

At one point, a monitor in the House gallery showed there were 217 votes supporting the legislation, eliciting cheers of joy from Democrats who thought the measure might actually pass. But over the course of about 10 minutes, those votes suddenly dropped one by one to 212 — and the amendment failed.

A number of lawmakers from western states, who originally voted yes, changed their votes. According to a list tweeted out an hour after the vote by House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer’s (D-Md.) office, they included: California Reps. Darrell Issa, David Valadao, Jeff Denham, Mimi Walters, and Rep. Greg Walden of Oregon, Rep. David Yong of Iowa and Rep. Bruce Poliquin of Maine. Their offices have not yet responded to a request for comment

Maloney, the amendment's author, was furious with Republicans for how they handled the floor fight over his offering. He singled out Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in particular for criticism, saying the No. 2 House Republican personally lobbied GOP members to change their votes when it looked like Maloney's proposal would pass.

"The leader [McCarthy] went around and twisted their arms, and they voted for discrimination," Maloney said. When Maloney complained directly to McCarthy, he said the majority leader told him "to get back on your own side."

"The members who switched are going to hold a very special place in American history as the people who didn't have the guts to stand up and support the will of the House," Maloney said off the chamber floor after the vote. "They literally snatched discrimination out of the jaws of equality."

A GOP aide on the floor at the time said Maloney was actually the instigator, telling POLITICO that he came over to the Republican side and was angrily taunting conservatives for their votes. Republicans are saying privately that if the amendment had passed, it would have killed the appropriations bill because Republicans would no longer vote for it.

"Our veterans and troops were prioritized over a political messaging amendment that could have jeopardized the final passage of the appropriations bill," said Speaker Paul Ryan's spokeswoman AshLee Strong in a statement.

The fracas highlights the risks for GOP leadership's commitment to an "open amendment" process, where lawmakers are afforded wide latitude to offer changes to legislation, like the military construction and veterans affairs spending bill that was on the floor Thursday. Ryan, upon taking the gavel, vowed he would allow more amendments on the floor, but Thursday's drama will surely test his commitment to that process.

It's a good bet that other politically explosive issues will come up for votes if the Wisconsin Republican and his team continue the same practice through this summer's spending bill process, so Ryan will have to determine whether the benefits outweigh the cost.

The acrimony undermined a success for Ryan earlier that day regarding his commitment to regular order. Just moments before the LGBT vote, he’d shepherded the first House vote to bar the Confederate flag from flying in mass graves at federal cemeteries.

The same amendment had tripped up Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) last year, and Boehner responded then by pulling an entire appropriations bill off the floor because he didn't want to litigate the matter. He feared it would divide his conference and make it look bad following a high-profile racially charged shooting of black churchgoers in South Carolina.

On Thursday, however, GOP leaders were proud that they allowed the Democratic flag amendment on the floor. It passed 265-159, with all members of GOP leadership joining Democrats to back the measure.

But just moments later, things turned ugly during the LGBT vote.

When the votes began shifting out of the 'aye' column on Maloney's measure, booing erupted in the chamber. Almost every Democrat was on his or her feet shouting and eventually they broke out in a chant, pointing their fingers at the other side of the chamber where the Republicans sit: “Shame! Shame! Shame!”

Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y) framed his hands around his mouth like a megaphone and shouted something no one could hear over the din. Rep. Steve Israel (D-N.Y.) had his hands crossed and wore a sharp scowl. Rep. Rosa DeLauro raised her hands in the air during the chanting. Others paced, while some just stood in shock.

Republicans on the other side sat in their seats quietly. Some looked disappointed. As the amendment was being voted down, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen appeared to shake her head in disappointment. The Florida Republican has a transgender son and is one of the few Republicans who has been outspoken in advocating for the LGBT community.

After the chair closed the vote, Democrats continued shouting in anger.

“There will be order in this chamber,” the chair said.

“No there will not be!” yelled Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Wis.), who stood at the base of the podium. She pounded her fists on the table in front of her.

Hoyer silenced the chamber and called for a parliamentary inquiry to find out how people switched their votes on an amendment that, until just moments before, looked like it would pass. Under House rules, once the speaker asks, "Does anyone wish to change their vote?" lawmakers are supposed to go to the front of the podium to change their votes.

But the speaker, however, never said that phrase during the LGBT ballot, keeping the vote open for longer than the standard two-minute voting block.

Hoyer argued that Ryan was tossing chamber rules aside and said the people who changed their votes should have the courage to step forward.

“I was standing in the well. No one came, or no one had the courage to come into the well to change their vote,” he thundered. “Notwithstanding that, the vote just came changing. How is that possible?”

Hoyer also threatened on the floor that Democrats would figure out who switched their votes on the amendment: "We will know. We're working on it right now," Hoyer told reporters after the vote. His office released the names a few minutes later.

It was the second time in as many days that Maloney offered the proposal on the floor. The House rejected similar language last night during debate over the defense authorization bill.

“I’ve been the majority leader. I’ve been the whip,” Hoyer said on the floor after the vote as he blamed GOP leadership for pushing lawmakers to switch their votes. But he again hit the seven Republicans who changed their positions. “They will have themselves to look at tonight in the mirror and explain to themselves whether their first vote was a principled one.”

House Rules Chairman Pete Sessions (R-Texas) said some lawmakers may have switched their votes because they recognized that the issue had been settled the night before during the defense authorization debate.

Sessions also defended the GOP on the substance of the matter.

“I am a Republican,” he said. “We do not discriminate — we attempt to follow the law, and the gentleman knows that.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/house-lgbt-amendment-discrimination-fight-223366

• Downvote 1

Girl that post was an act of terrorism. -_- 

It actually doesn't matter when the post was from it was still this year. If it weren't for you quoting him I wouldn't of even read his silly shit. Anyway here's another post from this month if it makes ya feel better. Nope I ain't copying all of what was said. Go to the link and read if you want.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/19/the-lgbt-rights-backlash-under-trump-has-already-begun-new-laws-in-texas-are-a-shocking-harbinger-of-things-to-come/

• Downvote 1

It actually doesn't matter when the post was from it was still this year. If it weren't for you quoting him I wouldn't of even read his silly shit. Anyway here's another post from this month if it makes ya feel better. Nope I ain't copying all of what was said. Go to the link and read if you want.

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/19/the-lgbt-rights-backlash-under-trump-has-already-begun-new-laws-in-texas-are-a-shocking-harbinger-of-things-to-come/

It's how you pasted it, it went on forever. Took like 3 minutes to scroll through it. -_- 

Wtf?! Yes it does matter. You're late by 6 months (of course) and by your words is technically under Obama's presidency, Not Trump's 

and That second link is in Texas. Not the US Congress... not under Trump. That's like saying Indiana's state gay Jim Crow Laws were formed under Obama... thanks to Obama.

Just Stop. You tried and failed twice in one thread on one page on multiple levels. 

Edited by Game

It's ok JoeJoe. In the future paste it into your notes first if it looks funky and then copy paste from there or if you're on desktop do "paste and match style" or whatever the equivalent is. 

You're wasting your time. You're trying to help the same person who posts 6 month old news.

Edited by Game