What TV Shows Are You Into Now?

Bailey

6 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

I heard on NPR a review of Altered Carbon, they didnt like it, they said there's a better show on Netflix called Black Mirror

Black Mirror lost me on the first episode a couple years ago.  That pig fucking plot was just too stupid.  But, I had heard its good and I should go past that one but whatever.

I am just starting episode 8 of Altered Carbon and I am enjoying it.  It isn't earth shattering or award winning, but in a world where we are getting Murphy's law Reboot, Charmed reboot, Magnum PI and Cagney and Lacey reboot orders....

At least Netflix is trying to adapt fresh material that isn't a reboot or another procedural.  I am here for it.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Black Mirror lost me on the first episode a couple years ago.  That pig fucking plot was just too stupid.  But, I had heard its good and I should go past that one but whatever.

I am just starting episode 8 of Altered Carbon and I am enjoying it.  It isn't earth shattering or award winning, but in a world where we are getting Murphy's law Reboot, Charmed reboot, Magnum PI and Cagney and Lacey reboot orders....

At least Netflix is trying to adapt fresh material that isn't a reboot or another procedural.  I am here for it.

they rebooting everything....chile I've been watching X-Files and the series had a low in ratings with its latest episode, dont think its gonna make it -_-

• 2 weeks later...

Two of my friends love pretty little lies so they made me watch it because they want me to talk about the show with them.

The acting range on this show goes from horrible to atrocious but im kinda getting into it :ph34r:  It brings nothing new to the table other than horrible fashion and bad acting but it's one of those chick flick type of shows that once you'r bored enough to go past episode 2, you get sucked into it :ph34r:

It has 7 fucking seasons tho. Don't ask me why or how cuz i can't for the life of me see how they are going to freaking stretch this horrible plot for 7 fucking seasons :rolleyes:  Now THAT should be the show. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Selz said:

I love this season of Star and Empire, though Evan Ross scares me ? 

Did anyone watch This Is Us on Prime? Overall I liked it though the finale was jank <_<

I've been watching "This Is Us" not bad at all havent finished it yet

37 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

Bloop hope no one was looking forward to more Roseanne next season.  ABC was not having it with the racist tweets cancelled her shit ruul fast

she was walking a fine line to begin with instead she amped her shit talk up more, I say deuces to her cause thats some bullshit she was talking any damn way <_< Social media demanded ABC fire her ass, and Wanda Sykes, a consulting producer on the show said via Twitter she quit effective immediately

• 2 weeks later...

13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Man this is a good show but it's touchy and it gives a warning before the show starts for those who are suffering from personal problems. It's about a high school girl who commits suicide but before she does she leaves a cassette tape for each of the 13 people telling them why they played a part in her suicide.

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Man this is a good show but it's touchy and it gives a warning before the show starts for those who are suffering from personal problems. It's about a high school girl who commits suicide but before she does she leaves a cassette tape for each of the 13 people telling them why they played a part in her suicide.

Ive not gotten to season 2 which Ive heard is actually more disturbing

19 minutes ago, John.... said:

Ive not gotten to season 2 which Ive heard is actually more disturbing

I just started season 2 last night. I'm on the 1st episode but I heard the same thing from a coworker. All I know is the last episode on the first season was a bit much. I had to turn my head on a certain scene which you'll see soon enough

8 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I just started season 2 last night. I'm on the 1st episode but I heard the same thing from a coworker. All I know is the last episode on the first season was a bit much. I had to turn my head on a certain scene which you'll see soon enough

No I watched all of season 1 and that scene was heart breaking because kids out here feel that lost and do that stuff....it was definitely an intense scene seeing it once was more than enough for me

11 hours ago, John.... said:

No I watched all of season 1 and that scene was heart breaking because kids out here feel that lost and do that stuff....it was definitely an intense scene seeing it once was more than enough for me

My friends Miles, his gf Jess and I were discussing the show in the car on our way to see comedian Craig Robinson from Hot Tub Machine and Pineapple express last night and even though they've never seen the show they said they don't like it cause they think it promotes suicide. I was like nope and they were saying how some people commit suicide for attention and i'm like how when they're dead? Anyway we were going back and forth. They refuse to watch it

1 hour ago, JoeJoe said:

My friends Miles, his gf Jess and I were discussing the show in the car on our way to see comedian Craig Robinson from Hot Tub Machine and Pineapple express last night and even though they've never seen the show they said they don't like it cause they think it promotes suicide. I was like nope and they were saying how some people commit suicide for attention and i'm like how when they're dead? Anyway we were going back and forth. They refuse to watch it

The promoting suicide angle it sounds like your friends are taking is wrong I think.  They clearly in each episode have disclaimers and links and numbers to get help if you are feeling depressed etc.  I think they tackle those issues pretty frankly.  it isn't glorified.  They literally show what happens AFTER the suicide, or attempt.  How if devastates families and communities, people left behind.  In that way the show is good.

But, I do think some suicides like some of these school shooters especially that kill themselves after etc are cries for attention.  Look at that Parkland shooter he even made videos about wanting to be infamous.  He just didn't end up having the balls to follow through and kill himself in the end.

I've seen the National Suicide prevention number more the last week than my entire life, having said that if folks are feeling some kinda way all this media attention to celebs killing themselves isn't helping the issue. The media sensationalizes everything but we really need a sit down and talk moment in this country about mental health

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

The promoting suicide angle it sounds like your friends are taking is wrong I think.  They clearly in each episode have disclaimers and links and numbers to get help if you are feeling depressed etc.  I think they tackle those issues pretty frankly.  it isn't glorified.  They literally show what happens AFTER the suicide, or attempt.  How if devastates families and communities, people left behind.  In that way the show is good.

But, I do think some suicides like some of these school shooters especially that kill themselves after etc are cries for attention.  Look at that Parkland shooter he even made videos about wanting to be infamous.  He just didn't end up having the balls to follow through and kill himself in the end.

Yeah I told them about the disclaimers and numbers for help. He tried saying it teaches kids how to pick on people and i'm like wtf if anything it shows them what they're doing may affect someone even if they don't think they are. I'm on the second season right now.

39 minutes ago, John.... said:

well quickly, what's this show about? :unsure:

Along with the trailer Joe posted.  It is sort of a dystopian future where fertility around the world is seriously declining.  There's a hostile takeover in the US.  Fertile women are forced to serve these masters of the new regime, called handmaids.  Their only purpose is to have babies for the top families.  You basically let them rape you impregnate you they take the baby as their gift.  

These people used to be doctors, writers, whatever normal Americans.  But in this new society Men are the leaders.  Women support them raise the children, keep the households.  Some resist and get sent to the nuclear wastelands where its radioactive and eventually die.

Really good acting and writing.  It kind of shows what would happen if nutcase religious fanatics actually did take over.  

• Upvote 1