Sign in to follow this  
John....

What TV Shows Are You Into Now?

4 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Along with the trailer Joe posted.  It is sort of a dystopian future where fertility around the world is seriously declining.  There's a hostile takeover in the US.  Fertile women are forced to serve these masters of the new regime, called handmaids.  Their only purpose is to have babies for the top families.  You basically let them rape you impregnate you they take the baby as their gift.  

These people used to be doctors, writers, whatever normal Americans.  But in this new society Men are the leaders.  Women support them raise the children, keep the households.  Some resist and get sent to the nuclear wastelands where its radioactive and eventually die.

Really good acting and writing.  It kind of shows what would happen if nutcase religious fanatics actually did take over.  

PessimisticSadGoldfinch-max-1mb.gif

11 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

Series finale of Sense 8 on Netflix now :(

See the source image

ohhh shit.....for someone with no life, I cant find the time to catch up on these shows :sigh:

On 9/18/2017 at 8:03 AM, hotboy06 said:

So now I'll have to watch "The Handsmaid Tale" and "Big Little Lies".

"Sinner" with Jessica Biel is good too.  I have to finish catching up on it.

"Big Little Lies" .....YASSSS!   I liked that shit :coffee:   where season 2?  where she at? :unsure:

Party of Five

12 hours ago, bu. said:

Party of Five

that's cute the old show? :unsure: Scott Wolf was a cutie :wub:

4 hours ago, John.... said:

that's cute the old show? :unsure: Scott Wolf was a cutie :wub:

Yeah the old one. I was interested in other things Neve Campbell had done and came across this one. Never seen it before but recognised all of them. It’s pretty good so far! And yes he is! 

• Like 1

"The Handmaids Tale" is some intense ass shit :mellow:  I wonder how long, I'm on episode 1,  I wonder how long before a bitch goes ham and kicks some ass

On 6/9/2018 at 8:12 PM, kidfresh832 said:

Along with the trailer Joe posted.  It is sort of a dystopian future where fertility around the world is seriously declining.  There's a hostile takeover in the US.  Fertile women are forced to serve these masters of the new regime, called handmaids.  Their only purpose is to have babies for the top families.  You basically let them rape you impregnate you they take the baby as their gift.  

These people used to be doctors, writers, whatever normal Americans.  But in this new society Men are the leaders.  Women support them raise the children, keep the households.  Some resist and get sent to the nuclear wastelands where its radioactive and eventually die.

Really good acting and writing.  It kind of shows what would happen if nutcase religious fanatics actually did take over.  

I'm concerned about fiction following reality, and what I mean by that is the idea that so many shows now focus on a dystopian reality of the future......are we headed for calamity inevitably? :unsure:   are we just afraid of change? :unsure:  there is a huge amount of attention focused on such "dystopian" realities

On 5/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, kidfresh832 said:

Handsmaid tale season 2 is ruul good just watched episode 7

See the source image

I'm binging season 1 .....insanely good, it is so well written and the ideas they come up with are just so out there, I have had many moments where I was like who could imagine this and write it :unsure:

• Upvote 1

welp .....back to binging "The Handmaids Tale".....love this ish for real :coffee:

On 5/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, kidfresh832 said:

Handsmaid tale season 2 is ruul good just watched episode 7

I have not gone the spoiler route because this is soooo good, BUT I need to know that June beats the shit outta Mrs. Waterford cause she aint shit.....please tell me June gets her ass at some point :unsure:

On 6/19/2018 at 5:39 AM, John.... said:

I have not gone the spoiler route because this is soooo good, BUT I need to know that June beats the shit outta Mrs. Waterford cause she aint shit.....please tell me June gets her ass at some point :unsure:

May the Lord Open!

• Like 1