The Grammy's 2017

Bailey

But you said Janet had already sung about being "a powerful Black woman". I simply asked which lyrics are you referring to. Which ones are they? 

Even you know it's wrong. :lmao:

The only thing Adele has over Beyonce is album sales. 

"African American woman I stand strong and proud" New Agenda

specify next time brudduh...use your big boy words..

but notice how all those Grammys she got, and the amount of years that she was around before Adele came along.. and yet still, not one AOTY Grammy.. pity

Adele has 15 Grammy wins... with 3 albums (5 per album)... being active for 9 years

Beyonce has 22 with ten albums (2.2 per album)... being active for 20 years 

Oop 

• Upvote 3

You are a platypus... you hear me?! I said you are a platypus!!

A GODDAMN PLATYPUS!!

have you turned into a platypus yet...?!

no..?? Got it..

you see, just because you continue to say that I'm "intimidated" by Beyonce does not make it a fact..

wtf does "intimidated" by Beyonce even MEAN?!? ???

#logicofanimbecile

:lmao::lmao:

• Upvote 1

Adele has 15 Grammy wins... with 3 albums (5 per album)... being active for 9 years

Beyonce has 22 with ten albums (2.2 per album)... being active for 20 years 

Oop 

you can't teach them math, they barely got outta high school :lol:

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 2

idk why they made an article about that because Beyonce wasn't the only Black artist Adele beat. Why is it racism since it's Beyonce? If it wasn't Beyonce who she beat then would people be shouting racism?

This post is going unnoticed. I know Joe says a lot of bull shit but this hits that CNN article and everyone playing the race card hard  

The album was good but it wasn't THRILLER good

the visional portion was amazing but visionals aside, zero hit singles.. zero songs have longetivity. 

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 2

And I see Game still hasn't found those lyrics. Hmmm, I wonder why....

you are intentionally overlooking the fact that, as a black woman, Janet Jackson was opening doors for artists like Beyonce years before Beyonce had her learner's permit.. If there was no Janet, there'd damn sure be no Bey for you to suckle on..

During the eras that Janet was most profound, she didn't have to rub in people's faces that she was a strong powerful black woman, she just WAS!

She was the first black woman pop superstar to have the success that she had... she made people of her generation comfortable enough to the point that when Beyonce wanted to steal her militant style of choreography (Ring The Alarm, Formation, etc), it was no longer surprising that a woman of her color would choose to do so..

one other thing, again I'm a fan of Bey (make no mistake), but Janet was using her fame and influence to bridge people from all over the world with attempts to unite and better them (Rhythm Nation, The Knowledge, New Agenda, Together Again, etc) and Beyonce's most anthemic/uniting song is....what...? Halo, maybe? I Was Here? When is Beyonce going to take the focus off of herself for 10 mins and attempt to bring unity to mankind (or her fans, at least) in some way, shape, or form similar to the name that this forum bares..??

• Upvote 3

you are intentionally overlooking the fact that, as a black woman, Janet Jackson was opening doors for artists like Beyonce years before Beyonce had her learner's permit.. If there was no Janet, there'd damn sure be no Bey for you to suckle on..

During the eras that Janet was most profound, she didn't have to rub in people's faces that she was a strong powerful black woman, she just WAS!

She was the first black woman pop superstar to have the success that she had... she made people of her generation comfortable enough to the point that when Beyonce wanted to steal her militant style of choreography (Ring The Alarm, Formation, etc), it was no longer surprising that a woman of her color would choose to do so..

one other thing, again I'm a fan of Bey (make no mistake), but Janet was using her fame and influence to bridge people from all over the world with attempts to unite and better them (Rhythm Nation, The Knowledge, New Agenda, Together Again, etc) and Beyonce's most anthemic/uniting song is....what...? Halo, maybe? I Was Here? When is Beyonce going to take the focus off of herself for 10 mins and attempt to bring unity to mankind (or her fans, at least) in some way, shape, or form similar to the name that this forum bares..??

This has nothing to do with what I asked. Game said Janet had been singing about "powerful black woman before it was cool" during Control. I simply asked which lyrics he was referring to. He, nor you, have posted the lyrics in Janet is singing about being a "powerful black woman". 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

This has nothing to do with what I asked. Game said Janet had been singing about "powerful black woman before it was cool" during Control. I simply asked which lyrics he was referring to. He, nor you, have posted the lyrics in Janet is singing about being a "powerful black woman". 

someone already posted specific lyrics from New Agenda.. move tf on, preferably to Beyonce's forum ?

• Upvote 1

"No my first name aint baby, It's Janet, Miss Jackson if ya nasty"   a powerful quip saying respect me and watch how you speak to me....

"Got my own mind
I wanna make my own decisions
When it has to do with my life, my life
I wanna be the one in control"

• Upvote 2

>_< 

"she wrote and sang a song about being a strong black woman" 

vs. 

"She sang about being a strong black woman"

one of those is what I said and the former one is what you think I said. 

Reading is fundamental. I expect more from you. 

You lose. Like Beyoncé to Adele 3x 

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 4

I think the deciding factor based on winners all the way up to the 70s is in what many would call the safe option then, whats universal and doesnt more so lean toward any 1 side or group mostly. LemonKool-aid has impact as a era which does include as a album & singles too but in terms of the album itself its not as appealing to all markets the way 25 is. Safer but its what they want. Hell imo its really a case of its a honor for it to even be recognized when many of our faves much better albums havent even been recognized for that.

As someone who before the last album heavily criticized her for playing it to safe with everything I do acknowledge and appreciate shes changing, theres still MUCH to be worked on but shes in the right direction, and thats enough for now. 

And you don't think it's sad that a boring album that sounds like it's predecessor is given the highest achievement over an album that had actual impact on people and had much more effort go into it? 

Hidden figures or not, black Americans have sports & pop music.. period. It's the people behind the scenes that make EVERYTHING possible for every pop artist. From make up to hair to lyrics and production, you cannot ignore their work and play the race card bc some black woman didn't win an award her peers voted in 

So it's ok if taylor wins for a shit album over a Black artist with an amazing album because there was a black person sweeping the studio keeping it clean making it possible for her to record, right? You're diverting. We have been talking about artists - not the people in the studio. Don't change the subject like A true Trumpkin. Trump bans Muslims and they all start screaming "but Obama...". That's what you're doing. You're "but Obama"ing. Black artists have to work twice as hard to get half of the recognition as their white peers which seems to be the case across all industries. There's no denying that. Beyoncé is privileged and has power to her name, Kendrick is amazing - but they still won't get recognised for a better album because she is black and Adeles, Taylor, Bon Iver and Becks name holds more weight for the Grammy voters - because they're white. Black artists are largely reduced to the "little" awards and that's sad.

The race card hasn't only been used for Beyoncé. I've been speaking for Black artists period and it very much does apply to music. 1989 wasn't better than Kendrick. That Iggy Azalea album wasn't better than the J Cole album. I could go on. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

And you don't think it's sad that a boring album that sounds like it's predecessor is given the highest achievement over an album that had actual impact on people and had much more effort go into it? 

Considering I dont find the album boring, and recognize the fact that Hello charted & was played on & successful with just about all markets based on nothing else than its a song (and 25 is a album in general) that trancends age, race, or sexuality, seemingly everyone found something to relate to with that song & with Adeles music, thats the key. I find it fair, not sad at all, and again I see Lemonzests impact more in the visuals than the music, their supposed to go together I know, but 1 easily outshined the other. Its quite literally like why Whitney was the beast bitch she was in her prime, all she had to do was be Whitney on them records and boom, most awarded female of all time. Its more impressive with Adele cause shes that kind of diva but a artist too andbdoesnt require much to be great and trancend. Anti is my favorite album from all the nominated  (and got jack shit, thats annoying, not sad, alot of word from my industry peeps is it had alot to do with a distaste for Kannie), but Adeles album is a Adele album, its gonna body bitches cause she owns what she does with just songs about love & hurt & life sung emotionally beautifully.

*I in NO way am equating the vocal talent of Whitney to Adele, just the broad impact is reminiscent*

Edited by jarrylf

Happy 25 won, Lemonade is so overrated. -_-

Glad Beyoncé lost to another talented artist/songwriter again. 

Now hold on there....I personally speaking would want to see an African American female who deserves the award get it, the Grammys have fucked a lot of acts over. I had Black folks disown me over my comment about Mariah back when she was up for AOTY, because Kanye was too.....I said because of all Mariah managed to overcome and to comeback that hard she's earned that AOTY, instead they gave it to U2....the Grammys have their "Grammy darlings" people who no matter what they put out they get a win. Relegating Beyonce to only the R&B categories denies her impact and her message. I dont know any other artist that got into the BLM movement and meant it ...that took some shit for it...but handled they shit .... #justsayin :coffee:   let' stop denying Black women theirs.....Janet still aint in the R&R Hall of Fame....yet artists that have had arguably less impact and certainly less longevity are in ...as Black folks we gotta stand up for ours, dont throw them to the side for the hottest new chick in the game, because if it wasn't for Beyonce who we turning to? Rihanna? :lmao:

• Upvote 1

Considering I dont find the album boring, and recognize the fact that Hello charted & was played on & successful with just about all markets based on nothing else than its a song (and 25 is a album in general) that trancends age, race, or sexuality, seemingly everyone found something to relate to with that song & with Adeles music, thats the key. I find it fair, not sad at all, and again I see Lemonzests impact more in the visuals than the music, their supposed to go together I know, but 1 easily outshined the other. Its quite literally like why Whitney was the beast bitch she was in her prime, all she had to do was be Whitney on them records and boom, most awarded female of all time. Its more impressive with Adele cause shes that kind of diva but a artist too andbdoesnt require much to be great and trancend. Anti is my favorite album from all the nominated  (and got jack shit, thats annoying, not sad, alot of word from my industry peeps is it had alot to do with a distaste for Kannie), but Adeles album is a Adele album, its gonna body bitches cause she owns what she does with just songs about love & hurt & life sung emotionally beautifully.

*I in NO way am equating the talent of Whitney to Adele, just the broad impact is reminiscent*

I really disagree and find it sad that vanilla bore is constantly awarded at these types of shows. Like to me there was no growth with 21/25 except maybe she grew as a person with motherhood but musically there wasn't any growth and the lyrics are basic. She's essentially been awarded twice for the same album. 

I see you low-key shading Whitney there with she's an artist too :shifty: 

But yes Anti's snub was not cute at all. But who is Kannie?

I really disagree and find it sad that vanilla bore is constantly awarded at these types of shows. Like to me there was no growth with 21/25 except maybe she grew as a person with motherhood but musically there wasn't any growth and the lyrics are basic. She's essentially been awarded twice for the same album. 

the awards....all of them....are all a campaign, the artists, their people its all a campaign....Rihanna came out the gate weak, album hit weak...she had no gravitas -_- ..

• Upvote 1

It gave me more to love personally, much less growth compared to 19 - 21, but I saw it more as a "....Hello, its me" honestly lol. And I stan for it a bit lol. But she really does have to make the next one that leap of growth between 19 & 21 to please me for 30 (id almost put money on thats the next one).

Shut your sexy adorable mouf, you did not :ph34r:

You know, Kim K's hubby, Kanyeisha. 

you must explain more to us about Asian....when I think Asian I think Image result for hot asian men

Asian outside the US includes South Asian i.e. Indian/Pakistani. :shifty:

the awards....all of them....are all a campaign, the artists, their people its all a campaign....Rihanna came out the gate weak, album hit weak...she had no gravitas -_- ..

It truly is a campaign I guess. Rihanna didn't stand a chance, sadly because I don't think she's seen as an artist in the same calibre as other nominees which is a damn shame because Anti is SO good and she worked hard on it.

It gave me more to love personally, much less growth compared to 19 - 21, but I saw it more as a "....Hello, its me" honestly lol. And I stan for it a bit lol. But she really does have to make the next one that leap of growth between 19 & 21 to please me for 30 (id almost put money on thats the next one).

Shut your sexy adorable mouf, you did not :ph34r:

You know, Kim K's hubby, Kanyeisha. 

She definitely needs to grow as an artist. I'm going to see her live in the summer though and I'm going to get my life!

:shifty:

Oh Kenithra? I forgot about his involvement in Anti. You know what tho - that 4 5 seconds of wilin' song is lowkey a bop. It's so bad that it's good.