The Grammy's 2017

Bailey

someone already posted specific lyrics from New Agenda.. move tf on, preferably to Beyonce's forum ?

NA is on Control? 

"No my first name aint baby, It's Janet, Miss Jackson if ya nasty"   a powerful quip saying respect me and watch how you speak to me....

"Got my own mind
I wanna make my own decisions
When it has to do with my life, my life
I wanna be the one in control"

Where is there any reference to BLACK WOMEN, like Game said?

>_< 

"she wrote and sang a song about being a strong black woman" 

vs. 

"She sang about being a strong black woman"

one of those is what I said and the former one is what you think I said. 

Reading is fundamental. I expect more from you. 

You lose. Like Beyoncé to Adele 3x 

Your exact words were Janet was "singing about being a powerful black woman" when she was 19, which implies a reference to Control. 

Do you want to retract your statement? 

• Downvote 3

Now hold on there....I personally speaking would want to see an African American female who deserves the award get it, the Grammys have fucked a lot of acts over. I had Black folks disown me over my comment about Mariah back when she was up for AOTY, because Kanye was too.....I said because of all Mariah managed to overcome and to comeback that hard she's earned that AOTY, instead they gave it to U2....the Grammys have their "Grammy darlings" people who no matter what they put out they get a win. Relegating Beyonce to only the R&B categories denies her impact and her message. I dont know any other artist that got into the BLM movement and meant it ...that took some shit for it...but handled they shit .... #justsayin :coffee:   let' stop denying Black women theirs.....Janet still aint in the R&R Hall of Fame....yet artists that have had arguably less impact and certainly less longevity are in ...as Black folks we gotta stand up for ours, dont throw them to the side for the hottest new chick in the game, because if it wasn't for Beyonce who we turning to? Rihanna? :lmao:

Sorry dear, while I can acknowledge that there is a lack of history in terms of African Americans winning AOTY, that doesn't mean i should just side with Lemonade, the album has to be of quality too and I have to respect the artist. Let's not pretend that this boring 'lemonade' album with its 100000 songwriters is on the level of true art like 'Innervisions' or 'Songs In The Key Of Life'. -_-

• Upvote 4

you are intentionally overlooking the fact that, as a black woman, Janet Jackson was opening doors for artists like Beyonce years before Beyonce had her learner's permit.. If there was no Janet, there'd damn sure be no Bey for you to suckle on..

During the eras that Janet was most profound, she didn't have to rub in people's faces that she was a strong powerful black woman, she just WAS!

She was the first black woman pop superstar to have the success that she had... she made people of her generation comfortable enough to the point that when Beyonce wanted to steal her militant style of choreography (Ring The Alarm, Formation, etc), it was no longer surprising that a woman of her color would choose to do so..

one other thing, again I'm a fan of Bey (make no mistake), but Janet was using her fame and influence to bridge people from all over the world with attempts to unite and better them (Rhythm Nation, The Knowledge, New Agenda, Together Again, etc) and Beyonce's most anthemic/uniting song is....what...? Halo, maybe? I Was Here? When is Beyonce going to take the focus off of herself for 10 mins and attempt to bring unity to mankind (or her fans, at least) in some way, shape, or form similar to the name that this forum bares..??

you are so transparent. :lmao:

Sorry dear, while I can acknowledge that there is a lack of history in terms of African Americans winning AOTY, that doesn't mean i should just side with Lemonade, the album has to be of quality too and I have to respect the artist. Let's not pretend that this boring 'lemonade' album with its 100000 songwriters is on the level of true art like 'Innervisions' or 'Songs In The Key Of Life'. -_-

Well at least you're consistent. Other people have argued that the Grammys have a race issue in the past when another artist was being denied big awards (I wonder who). Now all of a sudden...there's no race issue. :lmao:

• Upvote 1

So it's ok if taylor wins for a shit album over a Black artist with an amazing album because there was a black person sweeping the studio keeping it clean making it possible for her to record, right? You're diverting. We have been talking about artists - not the people in the studio. Don't change the subject like A true Trumpkin. Trump bans Muslims and they all start screaming "but Obama...". That's what you're doing. You're "but Obama"ing. Black artists have to work twice as hard to get half of the recognition as their white peers which seems to be the case across all industries. There's no denying that. Beyoncé is privileged and has power to her name, Kendrick is amazing - but they still won't get recognised for a better album because she is black and Adeles, Taylor, Bon Iver and Becks name holds more weight for the Grammy voters - because they're white. Black artists are largely reduced to the "little" awards and that's sad.

The race card hasn't only been used for Beyoncé. I've been speaking for Black artists period and it very much does apply to music. 1989 wasn't better than Kendrick. That Iggy Azalea album wasn't better than the J Cole album. I could go on. 

That's a diversion Bu. I'm not talking about the help who are more than likely foreign than black.. I'm talking about The WRITERS & PRODUCERS. The people who are credited on the album. 

That is not what I'm doing. Trumps travel ban was written by white supremacists.

I don't understand the logic behind "little" Awards. If you think a Grammy is a little award than that's on you

Black people do have to work twice as hard to garner success, yes.. that doesn't guarantee a Grammy Award

Adelephant holds all the weight :coffee: 

Idk Lamar or any of the other artists' albums you named. I know Adele is triumphant and coming off her THRILLER 

EXACTLY!!!!!!! 

Considering I dont find the album boring, and recognize the fact that Hello charted & was played on & successful with just about all markets based on nothing else than its a song (and 25 is a album in general) that trancends age, race, or sexuality, seemingly everyone found something to relate to with that song & with Adeles music, thats the key. I find it fair, not sad at all, and again I see Lemonzests impact more in the visuals than the music, their supposed to go together I know, but 1 easily outshined the other. Its quite literally like why Whitney was the beast bitch she was in her prime, all she had to do was be Whitney on them records and boom, most awarded female of all time. Its more impressive with Adele cause shes that kind of diva but a artist too andbdoesnt require much to be great and trancend. Anti is my favorite album from all the nominated  (and got jack shit, thats annoying, not sad, alot of word from my industry peeps is it had alot to do with a distaste for Kannie), but Adeles album is a Adele album, its gonna body bitches cause she owns what she does with just songs about love & hurt & life sung emotionally beautifully.

*I in NO way am equating the vocal talent of Whitney to Adele, just the broad impact is reminiscent*

Minus the Whitney reference bc Adele actually writes her songs... but this... all the way 

• Upvote 1

That's a diversion Bu. I'm not talking about the help who are more than likely foreign than black.. I'm talking about The WRITERS & PRODUCERS. The people who are credited on the album. 

That is not what I'm doing. Trumps travel ban was written by white supremacists.

I don't understand the logic behind "little" Awards. If you think a Grammy is a little award than that's on you

Black people do have to work twice as hard to garner success, yes.. that doesn't guarantee a Grammy Award

Adelephant holds all the weight :coffee: 

Idk Lamar or any of the other artists' albums you named. I know Adele is triumphant and coming off her THRILLER 

Boo, I said you were diverting so don't twist it back at me :rolleyes:. Adele was stood in front of a whole team of white men that she worked with when accepting the award. So your point is mute anyway. The only non-white men she worked with are on All I Ask. Bey's team was much more diverse - just saying :shifty:

"little" awards which are similar to the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop charts that you belittle so much. 

Why are you shading Adele's weight you fattist? :rolleyes:. I'm chunky these days too and your post is making me feel insecure, Norma Conway! Next you'll be endorsing Ivanka's Slimwear line. 

We know you don't know them :filenails:

Edited by Dammn Bu

you are so transparent. :lmao:

"Oh I'm a fan, but"

no you're a threatened hater. :lmao:

wtf does that even MEAN folks?! How can I be threatened or intimidated by a world famous entertainer.. they have literally zero connection to my personal being.. 

y'all think y'all so deep with your assessment of an online stranger that using big scary words like "intimidated" and "threatened" actually applies to someone like me..

shit don't even make sense, but yet I can't wait to see how you try to make it jive for arguments sake lol

• Upvote 1

Boo, I said you were diverting so don't twist it back at me :rolleyes:. Adele was stood in front of a whole team of white men that she worked with when accepting the award. So your point is mute anyway. The only non-white men she worked with are on All I Ask. Bey's team was much more diverse - just saying :shifty:

"little" awards which are similar to the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop charts that you belittle so much. 

Why are you shading Adele's weight you fattist? :rolleyes:. I'm chunky these days too and your post is making me feel insecure, Norma Conway! Next you'll be endorsing Ivanka's Slimwear line. 

We know you don't know them :filenails:

Yes.. Beyonce's sweatshop for songs is so much more diverse 

Idk them. The point is.. she's the queen of those little awards. 22 Wons; 18 of those come from those little categories 

:lol: I wasn't dissing her weight. I love Adele and Adele loves Ivanka Trump's comfy shoes... now 70% off at your local Nordstrom  

Not my cup of tea... or America's apparently :coffee: 

Edited by Game XXIX
  • Upvote 1

Yes.. Beyonce's sweatshop for songs is so much more diverse 

Idk them. The point is.. she's the queen of those little awards. 22 Wons; 18 of those come from those little categories 

:lol: I wasn't dissing her weight. I love Adele and Adele loves Ivanka Trump's comfy shoes... now 70% off at your local Nordstrom  

Not my cup of tea... or America's apparently :coffee: 

And better too

Thanks for proving my point about how you and America doesn't see the little awards as important - hence why I have been right all throughout this thread. Black people are shut out of winning the main and important awards. 

It's Valentines Day. Aren't you buying me them? :filenails:

White America****

And better too

Thanks for proving my point about how you and America doesn't see the little awards as important - hence why I have been right all throughout this thread. Black people are shut out of winning the main and important awards. 

It's Valentines Day. Aren't you buying me them? :filenails:

White America****

Zero hit singles. Not better at all (none of those songs on Lemonade would have been hit singles either). Beyoncé's album wasn't all that. Visually appealing... sure but that's it. 

idk about that. Pretty sure people voted based on the music.. not bc Beyoncé pissed off the police. 

According to the Grammy Committee, the voters are diverse melting pot of people (although they won't list the age, race, gender of their voters publicly). Want change? Make them release it.

imo Adele is a talented woman who beat out Beyoncé. I wonder what would be the excuse if Drake won... crying sexism?

Music isn't about race. Art isn't about race. Just Make good music people can enjoy instead of buying a movement (like Beyoncé did) 

Awkward moment when you realize Lemonade's metacrtic score is nearly 20 points higher than 25. :unsure:

Zero hit singles. Not better at all (none of those songs on Lemonade would have been hit singles either). Beyoncé's album wasn't all that. Visually appealing... sure but that's it. 

idk about that. Pretty sure people voted based on the music.. not bc Beyoncé pissed off the police. 

According to the Grammy Committee, the voters are diverse melting pot of people (although they won't list the age, race, gender of their voters publicly). Want change? Make them release it.

imo Adele is a talented woman who beat out Beyoncé. I wonder what would be the excuse if Drake won... crying sexism?

Music isn't about race. Art isn't about race. Just Make good music people can enjoy instead of buying a movement (like Beyoncé did) 

Hot 100 positions don't determine the quality of an album. Beyonce has a higher metacritic score and is clearly a better album than 21/25 (hard to tell the difference). Taylor had how many hits but her album was shit.

You do realise that the Grammy voters includes the very people Beyonce pissed off by performing at the Country Music Awards? And so many more. 

Adele is talented. Drake is biracial so it wouldn't have been as big an issue.

Don't art me - you don't appreciate art, you appreciate numbers as proven by the opening sentence to your post. Beck had no hit singles too when he won, btw. 

Edited by Dammn Bu

The shade is even Adele knew she didn't deserve AOTY. She spent half her speech talking about Beyoncé. Then went backstage and talked about Beyoncé again. It's clear of the bias, and even news publications are discussing it. 

More than half.

Hot 100 positions don't determine the quality of an album. Beyonce has a higher metacritic score and is clearly a better album than 21/25 (hard to tell the difference). Taylor had how many hits but her album was shit.

You do realise that the Grammy voters includes the very people Beyonce pissed off by performing at the Country Music Awards? And so many more. 

Adele is talented. Drake is biracial so it wouldn't have been as big an issue.

Don't art me - you don't appreciate art, you appreciate numbers as proven by the opening sentence to your post. Beck had no hit singles too when he won, btw. 

In your opinion, Lemonade is better. But why? Bc of a factor that doesn't matter (like metacritic/Billboard)? 

25 is a solid album period. To pretend Adele didn't slay is disrespectful to her talent without a warehouse full of writers 

There is no evidence to support that the voters were upset over the CMA performance. That doesn't even make sense. 

??‍♂️ Sorry. Lemonade's music videos are cute, Lemonade got respectable reviews, Lemonade & Beyonce cannot defeat the Reigning Queen 

The shade is history books will make it clear that Adele swept the 2017 Grammy Awards (as it was predicted when she released her album 25) 

Mentioning Beyoncé in her speech was cute (I didn't watch it).. Adele is very humble and worked her ASS off for her achievements. Something NO ONE can match in today's climate. 

Edited by Game XXIX

In your opinion, Lemonade is better. But why? Bc of a factor that doesn't matter (like metacritic/Billboard)? 

25 is a solid album period. To pretend Adele didn't slay is disrespectful to her talent without a warehouse full of writers 

There is no evidence to support that the voters were upset over the CMA performance. That doesn't even make sense. 

??‍♂️ Sorry. Lemonade's music videos are cute, Lemonade got respectable reviews, Lemonade & Beyonce cannot defeat the Reigning Queen 

Not at all. I think it's better because of the themes it explores, the production, lyrical content and so much more. 

23 is a solid album that sounds like it's previous album. That's my only issue with her (bearing in mind I have bought tickets to her show and her album on vinyl and digital download) - she's shown no growth and was rewarded for making the same album.

It makes perfect sense. 

"respectable"? She got stellar reviews boo <3

Edited by Dammn Bu

Not at all. I think it's better because of the themes it explores, the production, lyrical content and so much more. 

23 is a solid album that sounds like it's previous album. That's my only issue with her (bearing in mind I have bought tickets to her show and her album on vinyl and digital download) - she's shown no growth and was rewarded for making the same album.

It makes perfect sense. 

"respectable"? She got stellar reviews boo <3

Hmmm lyrical content? :umm: Beyoncé's lyrical content is a joke 

The iconic album is called 25 and this is her third album :lmao: . How fast do you want her to grow? This is Beyonce's 10th(?) (yes including Destiny's Child).. the only thing that grew was her writing warehouse and wallet

It only makes sense if you assume the Grammy Voters are whatever YOU picture which is similar to how Trump's Administration picture the millions of people who committed  Voting Fraud 

Stellar but still ADELE IS UNSTOPPABLE 

Edited by Game XXIX

Hmmm lyrical content? :umm: Beyoncé's lyrical content is a joke 

The iconic album is called 25 and this is her third album :lmao: . How fast do you want her to grow? This is Beyonce's 10th(?) (yes including Destiny's Child).. the only thing that grew was her writing warehouse and wallet

It only makes sense if you assume the Grammy Voters are whatever YOU picture which is similar to how Trump's Administration picture the millions of people who committed  Voting Fraud 

Stellar but still ADELE IS UNSTOPPABLE 

Lemonade > 25 

3rd album in 8 years and she's still recording the same rehashed ballads. Actually Beyonce's acclaim also grew. Stay mad. 

Look at you trying to class me in with Trump's team - something I've already done to you and proven it too. But Obama'ing again are we Norma Conway? Go do your research - and not the trump style research that makes up terrorist attacks. 

I'm sure 37 will win AOTY too even if it sounds the same as everything else she's done. Vanilla and whites stay winning. 

• Upvote 1