Chance the Rapper donates 1 million to Chicago public schools

kidfresh832

puHzZj6.jpg

Chance the philanthropist! Chance the Rapper announced on Monday, March 6, that he’s donating $1 million to Chicago Public Schools for "arts and enrichment programming." The 23-year-old musician made the announcement at a press conference at Westcott Elementary School in Chance’s native West Chatham neighborhood.

The “No Problem” rapper (real name Chancelor Bennett) presented a giant check to a group of happy young students just days after he met with Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner on Friday to discuss funding for CPS. The Grammy winner hoped to convince Rauner to take action in order to get CPS the $215 million it needs to finish the school year after the politician vetoed a proposed bill.

US Weekly

Always nice to have some positive stories in the middle of beefs and fueds, and all the other drama.

13145491_881881138625007_1619070029_n_zp

Dont get me wrong. I think it's a beautiful thing to give back BUT I also think that this is a publicity stunt at its finest. 

Sending love to the children who benefit from this the most 

What makes you think it is publicity stunt?  I mean he seems genuine, and he even met with the governor to try and discuss funding etc?

We live in a cynical time where every good deed is questioned etc.  But it seems from the outside like a personal passion project that he seems interested in.  I'd give him the benefit of the doubt first.

• Upvote 1

What makes you think it is publicity stunt?  I mean he seems genuine, and he even met with the governor to try and discuss funding etc?

We live in a cynical time where every good deed is questioned etc.  But it seems from the outside like a personal passion project that he seems interested in.  I'd give him the benefit of the doubt first.

maybe if he was Chance the Teacher

livin in a world I did not make -_- 

Edited by KellyGame

His dad worked for Obama when he was  a senator... I trust the motion knowing that.

What I find exceptionally admirable is that with him being a independent artist, this is directly from his pockets, not labels or corporations. And hes NEW to this kind of success, money, & fame, and this was a early priority.