OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

While i don't disagree with you, at what time did become over-saturation? Why wasn't it like that in the 80s?

(I think I have my theories.)

The mid-late 2000s... the digital age... Consumers can get their music for free (or little to nothing) so oversatuating the market doesn't help an artist but instead does the opposite (see Madonna's Ellen Week 2015). And with more and more millenials cutting the cable, performing on talk shows isn't ideal for the most part unless the artists is aiming towards that audience (the generation before millenials who can barely work or comprehend  new technology and still goes to big box stores for their music)

Obviously in the pre-2000s, music had exclusivity.. its sparkle. Consumers had to spend hours searching for a song they heard in a store or at a club which gave it its sparkle. Now that takes seconds and after that, the excitement is lost

• Downvote 2

I agree. The only thing I'd change is that she needs to control her image but release HER OWN content. I use this person ONLY as an example but the way Beyoncé has curated some of her promo and personal content would work for Janet. It would be growth for Janet. She can be as personal as she wants and impersonal as she wants. She doesn't have to wait for tv interviews. That's an old format. She can do some social media live stuff in the studio and with jimmy/terry. Disable the comments so ppl can't say rude shit & have them speak about the creative process. 

Her promo just needs to be smarter, cleaner, more consistent. 

I disagree. Although Beyoncé stopped giving interviews (mostly bc she's as good of a speaker as she is a writer), Janet doesn't need to promote on social media with "live videos". It's tacky and doesn't work. Janet just needs to do Janet. Comparing her to Beyoncé is ridiculous and is a trap to endless compare sales numbers with each other. 

Janet can go back to doing interviews (she's speaks well) especially after the Eissa and the haters worried about her age. Janet has a powerful weapon at arms length (women) but she just won't use it (oh and SNL wouldn't hurt) 

The public doesn't know who Janet is right now (not literally) 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I disagree. Although Beyoncé stopped giving interviews (mostly bc she's as good of a speaker as she is a writer), Janet doesn't need to promote on social media with "live videos". It's tacky and doesn't work. Janet just needs to do Janet. Comparing her to Beyoncé is ridiculous and is a trap to endless compare sales numbers with each other. 

Janet can go back to doing interviews (she's speaks well) especially after the Eissa and the haters worried about her age. Janet has a powerful weapon at arms length (women) but she just won't use it (oh and SNL wouldn't hurt) 

The public doesn't know who Janet is right now (not literally) 

There tacky when they're done wrong. No disrespect to any idealistic fans but Janet has done tacky things in her career. This can be done better. Yes. She is a much better speaker. Interviews work, and so will the other promo. She doesn't have to attack one angle. Go for multiples. 

Its not a comparison to the person it's an example of a method. Petty people become fearful of those conversations. We're just talking to relate. 

There tacky when they're done wrong. No disrespect to any idealistic fans but Janet has done tacky things in her career. This can be done better. Yes. She is a much better speaker. Interviews work, and so will the other promo. She doesn't have to attack one angle. Go for multiples. 

Its not a comparison to the person it's an example of a method. Petty people become fearful of those conversations. We're just talking to relate. 

They're all done wrong. No one can do it "right". Yes Janet has done tacky things but thank GOD she never hosted some hack talent show or any Social Media Q&A sessions.

I think she can control the topic if she just discusses her pregnancy (gets out of talking about her relationship)  

Edited by KellyGame
  • Downvote 1

They're all done wrong. No one can do it "right". Yes Janet has done tacky things but thank GOD she never hosted some hack talent show or any Social Media Q&A sessions.

I think she can control the topic if she just discusses her pregnancy (gets out of talking about her relationship)  

I did not say do a Q&A. As a matter of fact I said turn off the comment section. I said they control the conversation by discussing their process and project. Even show them in the studio. So I really don't know what you're talking about. And if it's done you'd be tuned in. So bull shit lol 

• Upvote 2

I did not say do a Q&A. As a matter of fact I said turn off the comment section. I said they control the conversation by discussing their process and project. Even show them in the studio. So I really don't know what you're talking about. And if it's done you'd be tuned in. So bull shit lol 

They did that with Unbreakable sans Janet Jackson... it wasn't live (Janet shouldn't do live recordings :shifty: ) but it was still on social media.. I get what you're saying tho... But any social media tactic is lame and doesn't do much of anything. 

She was mysterious and I loved it ?

Edited by KellyGame
  • Downvote 1

I saw someone mention BET awards but did they mean Billboard? The show is on the 21st, she'll be 51, and could get great press....but it's a very quick turn around & I don't know if she's physically ready or not, but it could be interesting if that's the return. 

Personally I think she needs to maybe tour overseas first. She needs her international fan base back first. She's put them off too many times before. "All For You" tour, "Rock Witchu" tour, and "Unbreakable" tour. Not a good track record for your international fan base

• Upvote 1

Personally I think she needs to maybe tour overseas first. She needs her international fan base back first. She's put them off too many times before. "All For You" tour, "Rock Witchu" tour, and "Unbreakable" tour. Not a good track record for your international fan base

I can fully agree to that. I think her being in London is working on all fronts right now for her to start off in London to make it up to Europe. She should start there because the demand is still looking to be fulfilled. So her being in London makes that an easy start and transition into work. 

I saw someone mention BET awards but did they mean Billboard? The show is on the 21st, she'll be 51, and could get great press....but it's a very quick turn around & I don't know if she's physically ready or not, but it could be interesting if that's the return. 

It's too early for BET awards announcement unless she bought it

This announcement has nothing to do with Award shows (Don't expect her to show up for either unless they're crowning her). Don't believe/spread everything you read 

You don't need to know if she's physically ready... she's ready when she's ready and she's obviously ready

Edited by KellyGame
  • Downvote 2

It's too early for BET awards announcement unless she bought it

This announcement has nothing to do with Award shows (Don't expect her to show up for either unless they're crowning her). Don't believe/spread everything you read 

You don't need to know if she's physically ready... she's ready when she's ready and she's obviously ready

Yea because to genuinely care about her physical well being is lower on the priority list than to applaud a return fueled by contractual obligation. Having a conversation around you is nearly impossible because you're such a antagonist. 

Youre a cancer to anything disagreeable to you. You're seriously a ridiculous person. That shit is sick. 

• Upvote 1

Yea because to genuinely care about her physical well being is lower on the priority list than to applaud a return fueled by contractual obligation. Having a conversation around you is nearly impossible because you're such a antagonist. 

Youre a cancer to anything disagreeable to you. You're seriously a ridiculous person. That shit is sick. 

its easier if you dont take this shit so seriously, sometimes we go left on one another, but fuck that I got bills and shit  :filenails:

Na it's not about taking it seriously at all it's about being trolled & watching him police literally everybody. 

Ive had to point this out to only a few, and thus far your posts suggested you were far smarter than this, yet here you are being trolled, he knows very well how to play with people. I get it, I totally do, on this board when someone claps you feel like if you dont clap back there's a winner and a loser.....but you just gotta see he's in this for shits and giggles at our expense.....chill smoke one and cue up Netflix instead that's my prescription for Gamitis -_-

• Upvote 1

Ive had to point this out to only a few, and thus far your posts suggested you were far smarter than this, yet here you are being trolled, he knows very well how to play with people. I get it, I totally do, on this board when someone claps you feel like if you dont clap back there's a winner and a loser.....but you just gotta see he's in this for shits and giggles at our expense.....chill smoke one and cue up Netflix instead that's my prescription for Gamitis -_-

It's the fact he exist in this space as if he's psychologically stable lol. Shit is mind blowing. Anyway it is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

It's the fact he exist in this space as if he's psychologically stable lol. Shit is mind blowing. Anyway it is what it is. 

sweetie that is precisely why they call it the "net"   you get it all, or as one guy I knew said "it takes all kinds" and it does -_-   ..Lessons Learned :)

Yea because to genuinely care about her physical well being is lower on the priority list than to applaud a return fueled by contractual obligation.

:rolleyes: And like I said... She's not Michael.. she knows her body and if she's ready then she's ready. 

Your opinion doesn't matter

Im not trolling you. Just bc what you said is utter bullshit and I call it out as utter bullshit doesn't mean I'm trolling. Want to see trolling? Go view Austin's posts

Edited by KellyGame
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1