OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

Doing well - Dallas, Albuquerque, Anaheim (seats were added), Seattle, Portland, Reno, Concord, Los Angeles, Saint Louis, Rosemont, Toledo, Boston, Providence (huge improvement), Bethlehem, Brooklyn, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Indianapolis, Columbus, Birmingham, Norfolk, Columbia, Atlanta

Improved since discount/sales - Little Rock, Fresno, Sacramento, Detroit, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Sunrise

Needs improvement - Lafayette (only about 50% sold), San Antonio (sales have stalled, seats need to be discounted), Tulsa, Phoenix (should’ve returned to Comerica Theater), Milwaukee (was doing fine, sales have stalled), Moline, Grand Rapids (only about 25% sold), Manchester (about 20-25% sold), Atlantic City, Newark, Louisville (needs discounts), Lexington, Memphis (about 1/3 sold), Nashville (should’ve done a smaller venue again), Jacksonville

No seating map available - Houston, Austin, Vancouver, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Denver, Kansas City, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Cleveland

Aside from postponements and no promo, I think over saturation may also be an issue. Some cities are too close to each other (southwest, midwest, and northeast). And some of the cities she's returning to need a smaller capacity.

The Groupon deal has been very helpful, but they have to also discount in certain markets that haven’t been selling well. The deal ends in 4 days.

Deals sold out - Baltimore (600 sold), San Diego (1000 sold), Denver (420 sold), Portland (580 sold)

Deals available - Toronto (720 sold), Houston (690 sold, lower level sold out), Phoenix (1000 sold), Nashville (1000 sold), Austin (670 sold), Rosemont (900 sold), Norfolk (870 sold), Pittsburgh (1000 sold), Seattle (310 sold), Lafayette (280 sold), San Antonio (650 sold), Dallas (450 sold), Little Rock (440 sold), Tulsa (280 sold), Fresno (350 sold), Vancouver (550 sold), Saint Louis (370 sold), Memphis (640 sold), Birmingham (180 sold), Moline (90 sold), Grand Rapids (860 sold), Indianapolis (930 sold), Louisville (340 sold), Lexington (180 sold), Toledo (100 sold), Manchester (440 sold), Philadelphia (580 sold), Buffalo (1000 sold)

• Upvote 1

Some of those cities are like FLOODED and probably won't even be in condition for her to play in tbh.

Well that will be her excuse because the first show has not sold much.  I feel bad for the dancers.  I dont see this tour being completed.  I dont understand the no promo thing and why Live Nation doesn't demand she do more promo.  

Doing well - Dallas, Albuquerque, Anaheim (seats were added), Seattle, Portland, Reno, Concord, Los Angeles, Saint Louis, Rosemont, Toledo, Boston, Providence (huge improvement), Bethlehem, Brooklyn, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Indianapolis, Columbus, Birmingham, Norfolk, Columbia, Atlanta

Improved since discount/sales - Little Rock, Fresno, Sacramento, Detroit, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Sunrise

Needs improvement - Lafayette (only about 50% sold), San Antonio (sales have stalled, seats need to be discounted), Tulsa, Phoenix (should’ve returned to Comerica Theater), Milwaukee (was doing fine, sales have stalled), Moline, Grand Rapids (only about 25% sold), Manchester (about 20-25% sold), Atlantic City, Newark, Louisville (needs discounts), Lexington, Memphis (about 1/3 sold), Nashville (should’ve done a smaller venue again), Jacksonville

No seating map available - Houston, Austin, Vancouver, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Denver, Kansas City, Buffalo, Philadelphia, Cleveland

Aside from postponements and no promo, I think over saturation may also be an issue. Some cities are too close to each other (southwest, midwest, and northeast). And some of the cities she's returning to need a smaller capacity.

The Groupon deal has been very helpful, but they have to also discount in certain markets that haven’t been selling well. The deal ends in 4 days.

Deals sold out - Baltimore (600 sold), San Diego (1000 sold), Denver (420 sold), Portland (580 sold)

Deals available - Toronto (720 sold), Houston (690 sold, lower level sold out), Phoenix (1000 sold), Nashville (1000 sold), Austin (670 sold), Rosemont (900 sold), Norfolk (870 sold), Pittsburgh (1000 sold), Seattle (310 sold), Lafayette (280 sold), San Antonio (650 sold), Dallas (450 sold), Little Rock (440 sold), Tulsa (280 sold), Fresno (350 sold), Vancouver (550 sold), Saint Louis (370 sold), Memphis (640 sold), Birmingham (180 sold), Moline (90 sold), Grand Rapids (860 sold), Indianapolis (930 sold), Louisville (340 sold), Lexington (180 sold), Toledo (100 sold), Manchester (440 sold), Philadelphia (580 sold), Buffalo (1000 sold)

This is not counting all the tickets floating around on stub hub and other third party sites.

lol Umm I def see the tour being completed. Idk why you feel sorry for the dancers. They don't seem to be worried. 

The tour will be fine, once the tour starts and videos and words get around about how great the show is/looks and plus new songs. Everything falls into place. It is what it is. 

Edited by _ESSENCEOFSEAN_
spelling
  • Upvote 3

Considering how Janet cancelled/postponed the Unbreakable tour and all that mess that happened during that time, I would say she's doing alot better than I thought she would. It was WITHOUT A QUESTION gonna be a hard sale after that I mean it's evident that that stuff did make some ppl say forget Janet and this tour but I'm still hopeful. 

We keep forgetting that The #1s tour was to re-establish herself as a must see touring act. It worked! The US dates of Unbreakable we're damn near a bunch of SOLD OUT shows.. so with the right strategies, Janet can reclaim her touring attendance numbers .. She's proven that herself. 

• Upvote 4

Well that will be her excuse because the first show has not sold much.  I feel bad for the dancers.  I dont see this tour being completed.  I dont understand the no promo thing and why Live Nation doesn't demand she do more promo.  

This is not counting all the tickets floating around on stub hub and other third party sites.

Why feel sorry? They're getting checks.

I'm not going to bother counting resale tickets. 

Why feel sorry? They're getting checks.

I'm not going to bother counting resale tickets. 

It’s fake... he doesn’t give a shit about her blessed dancers. Some people Just find things to bitch about. 

I don’t understand why “fans” care about ticket sales. Show up to your dates or shut up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't care what anyone says but it's embarrassing for a Legend like Janet to be having to sell her tickets on discount because they're not selling well. She ain't no damn Ciara or other 2nd rate artist.

Ciara can tour? Since when?

Jay-Z does it. Pink does it. Guns ‘N Roses (the top grossing tour of 2017) does it  

Get over your ego

Edited by State of the Game

Ciara can tour? Since when?

Jay-Z does it. Pink does it. Guns ‘N Roses (the top grossing tour of 2017) does it  

Get over your ego

What does Pink and Jay-Z have to do with it. Janet is bigger than Jay-Z and Pink. What does my ego have to do with Janet "having" to sell tickets at a discount? Nothing. Either way it's all on Janet and no one else. We all have opinions. DEAL :)

• Downvote 1

What does Pink and Jay-Z have to do with it. Janet is bigger than Jay-Z and Pink. What does my ego have to do with Janet "having" to sell tickets at a discount? Nothing. Either way it's all on Janet and no one else. We all have opinions. DEAL :)

Well the thing is, it doesn't discredit her show because it's still an arena tour. Discounts just fills seats. Janet has been & will be paid regardless. At this stage in Janet's career - idk if she's bigger than Jay-Z. I just don't know. She has a larger legacy when it comes to the music industry & achievements but as far as relevancy amongst the general public I don't know if she is still bigger. In TODAYS TIME! 

Nonetheless, the only thing is most just want to hear from Janet & feel her direct presence. Actually have her drop jewels and weigh in. Engage the conversation that she initially wanted to keep going, which is the tag line of an old era now but...you get the point. 

• Upvote 3

A LOT OF LEGENDS ARE ON GROUPON! 

Mariah is on there 

Madonna was on there with her last tour 

Hell Madonna and Mariah advertised their tours on gay hook up apps like Grindr and Jackd! Its a different time. Janet is def not the only one.

Madonna was all over Grindr ...I felt like I could hookup with her when she came to my town :shifty:

>_< All three of those artists are touring artist. 

Who cares if it’s on Groupon. Grow the fuck up and get over it

Edited by State of the Game

Well the thing is, it doesn't discredit her show because it's still an arena tour. Discounts just fills seats. Janet has been & will be paid regardless. At this stage in Janet's career - idk if she's bigger than Jay-Z. I just don't know. She has a larger legacy when it comes to the music industry & achievements but as far as relevancy amongst the general public I don't know if she is still bigger. In TODAYS TIME! 

Nonetheless, the only thing is most just want to hear from Janet & feel her direct presence. Actually have her drop jewels and weigh in. Engage the conversation that she initially wanted to keep going, which is the tag line of an old era now but...you get the point. 

Joe doesn’t stay up on pop culture. His idea of pop culture is a GIF from the 1900s

• Downvote 1