OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

jarrylf

M_JanetJacksonStateoftheWorldTour_050217PRNewsfoto/Live Nation EntertainmentJanet Jackson just promised something special for Hurricane Harvey victims when she arrived in Houston Friday for a weekend concert. Now, she's keeping her word.

Janet, her brother Randy Jackson, her band, and her dancers will be at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston today at 2 p.m. to meet with victims who've been evacuated from their homes and taken refuge there. She'll also meet with evacuees who are being housed at the city's NRG stadium.

Janet's first concert in the area will take place Saturday night at the Toyota Center in downtown Houston, and she plans to donate all proceeds from the show to local flood relief charities.

Houston's the second stop on Janet's State of the World Tour, which kicked off Thursday night in Louisiana.  The setlist included plenty of new material, as well as number of medleys -- rather than full versions -- of the star's long string of hits, including "Miss You Much," "Control," "What Have You Done for Me Lately," "Alright," "All for You" and "When I Think of You."

• Upvote 5

M_JanetJacksonStateoftheWorldTour_050217PRNewsfoto/Live Nation EntertainmentJanet Jackson just promised something special for Hurricane Harvey victims when she arrived in Houston Friday for a weekend concert. Now, she's keeping her word.

Janet, her brother Randy Jackson, her band, and her dancers will be at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston today at 2 p.m. to meet with victims who've been evacuated from their homes and taken refuge there. She'll also meet with evacuees who are being housed at the city's NRG stadium.

Janet's first concert in the area will take place Saturday night at the Toyota Center in downtown Houston, and she plans to donate all proceeds from the show to local flood relief charities.

Houston's the second stop on Janet's State of the World Tour, which kicked off Thursday night in Louisiana.  The setlist included plenty of new material, as well as number of medleys -- rather than full versions -- of the star's long string of hits, including "Miss You Much," "Control," "What Have You Done for Me Lately," "Alright," "All for You" and "When I Think of You."

don't nobody want to see Randy lol. 

Chile....what kind of tea?! Let me find out Wissam tried it <_<

Now see, I love you, but I aint gone love you the way you want me to :shifty: I think he tried it, and Damita Jo had to step in to collect the baby, the coin, the lawyers, and all his shit and send him packing <_<

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

I love this tour. The outfits are amazing, sexy and classy, She looks amazing and happy and in great spirits. I love that she has male dancers again. This tour seems so different from the Unbreakable tour where she indeed seemed guarded. I'm happy she's added new songs to the setlist.  I hope she will come to Europe too. 

it's the tour her fans will enjoy, and Im glad she's in a better place. Hopefully :unsure:

• Upvote 1

I can't stop watching the "All Nite" footage. She did the choreography so well, outdoing her backup dancers in the process, as usual!

She's so kinetic! :excited:

I gagged when she did that jump kick pop lock...had me thinking they need to put her in the Black Panther sequel...okay! #whenithinkofwakanda

• Upvote 4

I love that Janet surprised us with a lot of the songs on this setlist. I think the ballads section of the show has a lot of potential. Maybe she could switch some songs in and out on different dates to keep the fans guessing. I'm kinda surprised we didn't see Free Xone or Can't Be Stopped because they were teased, but I'm so in awe at what she's done to revamp parts of the tour.

• Upvote 1

lol I'm shocked that I'm not mad of her not doing Black Cat... But What About is a great replacement. She has such a catalog. So many songs deserves a performance.

I think Black Cat has been performed enough and Let’s Wait Awhile too. 

I’m glad she let other songs shine through including What About, Island Life, Spending Time With You, Throb, 24play, and of course Well Traveled

Let’s not make this thread about me ??

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 4