• Announcements

• Angela

Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

jarrylf

OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR THREAD

Looks like Janet went back to the blue jeans and I love it. It looks much better than the black 

• Upvote 2

Game just shut up. People can take the song how they want. It's not up to you to decide which fans are right and wrong. Songs have different meanings for different songs because it hits them in different ways. Your ignorance of calling fans fake because they don't interpret something the way you do is beyond asinine. :sigh: 

The lyrics are laid out there. It’s not mysterious at all ??‍♂️

I meant fake fans used WT to push their agenda... them wanting Janet to retire. If that makes me ignorant, what does that make them? ?

Hey! You learned a new word!! Yay!!!

I took Well Traveled as an ode to the Journey of life, that this is yet another stop among  many more to come, thats how it felt in concert and thats my perception of it :unsure:

• Upvote 1

The lyrics are laid out there. It’s not mysterious at all ??‍♂️

I meant fake fans used WT to push their agenda... them wanting Janet to retire. If that makes me ignorant, what does that make them? ?

Hey! You learned a new word!! Yay!!!

:lol: boy are you meeting up with fans? Are you going with anyone?

• Upvote 1

Gabrielle Union is attending her 2nd show of the State Of The World Tour. She is at the Cleveland show and if you go on Instagram and watch her Instagram story she is posting clips from the show on there she is in one of the front rows.

• Upvote 2

I dont see the projection screens in Cleveland? Im sure they were there, I mean its the opener! :unsure:

its so perfect, randomnet......doing anything that feels right in the moment and taking the moment ....these are the moments as a die hard I love, switch it up ...Cardi B it up, do something different make it special...Janet's spent most of her touring career very scripted not too many moments like, okay lets in this moment I wanna do something else...so proud of her at this moment in time this space she's in.....explore it more I say

• Upvote 4

I got sooooo hype when I saw this!!! I've wanted her to do that for awhile. I also am praying one day she does Because of Love again. 

its so perfect, randomnet......doing anything that feels right in the moment and taking the moment ....these are the moments as a die hard I love, switch it up ...Cardi B it up, do something different make it special...Janet's spent most of her touring career very scripted not too many moments like, okay lets in this moment I wanna do something else...so proud of her at this moment in time this space she's in.....explore it more I say

And that's the point I have ALWAYS made & said - this tour Janet literally has listened & proven me very right. Switching it up gives fans an element of surprise that is very major. It also adds the "live" trust in your show. Never knowing what to expect. 

All I can say is - Atlanta is about to be very epic! I hope a lot of you are there. 

• Upvote 3

I need STCML so much!!!!!

Pray she does it next Monday.

STCML replaced Island Life. Both are my two of my favorite Janet songs, so I don't mind. I'm glad I got to experience IL LIVE tho. 

Edited by KPnDC
  • Upvote 3

:lol: boy are you meeting up with fans? Are you going with anyone?

No and no. I just debated in the shower if I should drive myself or UBER 

i drove myself. I only had one $11 beer :lol: 

• Upvote 1

It was AMAZING!!! She started promptly at 810p.. I just grabbed my beer an a $50 shirt like an ass hat that I am haha

My seat was amazing.. I sang through every song. The guy to my right was jamming, the gays to my left sucked ass. I kept bumping into them both

I was hoping for Scream but it’s cool. Some songs she could have shortened and extended others but it’s cool.. the crowd got hype during Nasty, MYM, WITOY, RN, AFY, STCML... They did a Janet chant for a minute. 

The show went by sooo quickly but I stood the entire time. Like non-stop hit after hit. She even sang STCML which I think replaced Island Life.. I’m not mad at that at all. STCML is life.. I was shocked she sang it. I recorded that and Well Traveled fully :wub: 

CLE was packed and rowdy but I doubt her best crowd. Mix audience of race, age, but mostly women. 

All in all CLE Loves Janet.. 4.5/5 Crowns

By far the best show of the three shows I’ve witnessed. My soul is cleansed

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 7

It was AMAZING!!! She started promptly at 810p.. I just grabbed my beer. My seat was amazing.. I sang through every song. The guy to my right was jamming, the gays to my left sucked ass. I kept bumping into them both

I was hoping for Scream but it’s cool. Some songs she could have shortened and extended others but it’s cool.. the crowd got hype during Nasty, MYM, WITOY, RN, AFY, STCML... They did a Janet chant for a minute. 

The show went by sooo quickly but I stood the entire time. Like non-stop hit after hit. She even sang STCML which I think replaced Island Life.. I’m not mad at that at all. STCML is life.. I was shocked she sang it. I recorded that and Well Traveled fully :wub: 

CLE was packed and rowdy but I doubt her best crowd. Mix audience of race, age, but mostly women. 

All in all CLE Loves Janet.. 4.5/5 Crowns

By far the best show of the three shows I’ve witnessed. My soul is cleansed

glad for you that you finally got to see her

glad for you that you finally got to see her

it’s been too long. Ugh 6 year streak has ended 

The shirt I purchased isn’t on her website ^_^ yassss 

• Upvote 2

Knowing that she might do STCML instead of IL makes me happy I went to the Dallas show so I can catch both of them if she does it in Atlanta. This is really dope. 

• Upvote 3

Knowing that she might do STCML instead of IL makes me happy I went to the Dallas show so I can catch both of them if she does it in Atlanta. This is really dope. 

I hope she doesn’t do it again :shifty: 

• Upvote 1

Cleveland exclusive -_- 

Oh lol sorry - it's quite possible it'll happen again. So when she does it'll be interesting to see if it's in Atlanta & it'll be dope if Atlanta gets both with Scream. Atlanta is going to be an epic show. 

People are about to show up and show out here in Atlanta. The black entertainment Mecca is pulling out all the stunts for Janet...y'all ain't ready. -_-

• Upvote 6

I hope she doesn’t do it again :shifty: 

I hear you on that boo.....

Cause if she does a dancer reunion again this tour.....& Im not there....ill feel all kinds of fake mad for a min lol

• Upvote 2

People are about to show up and show out here in Atlanta. The black entertainment Mecca is pulling out all the stunts for Janet...y'all ain't ready. -_-

That show is the last show.  The show I'm going to is the next to the last one(here in Columbia, SC).  I wish I could go to the ATL show too. :cry:

• Upvote 4