Who is checking for Jay-Z 4:44 Project?

kidfresh832

artist-x-600x500_Domestic.jpg

Jay Z will release his new album 4:44 as a Tidal exclusive on June 30th. The LP is the rapper's first since 2013's Magna Carta Holy GrailThe announcement of the new album comes weeks after mysterious "4:44" subway posters and banner ads started cropping up without explanation. It was soon revealed that 4:44 was, in part, an upcoming Tidal-only film starring Mahershala Ali, Lupita Nyong'o and Danny Glover.

A clip from that film premiered Father's Day night accompanied by a snippet of a new Jay Z track titled "Adnis."

"Letter to my dad that I never wrote / Speeches I prepared that I never spoke / Words on a paper that I never read / Proses never penned / They stayed in my head," Jay Z, who welcomed newborn twins this week, says on the track.

Rolling Stone

I'll check for it but I don't like the whole "Tidal & Sprint" and here's why:

1) It cheapens the music. It's no longer an art form as it is a marketing campaign 

2) A partnership with Sprint.. America's least popular Mobile company

3) Tidal exclusive which means he's losing out on potential income. Yes he owns Tidal and doesn't need money but c'mon

• Downvote 1

1) It cheapens the music. It's no longer an art form as it is a marketing campaign 

3) Tidal exclusive which means he's losing out on potential income. Yes he owns Tidal and doesn't need money but c'mon

This is stuff that we shouldnt care about as consumers.  How artists try to market their products to make money nowadays and reach increasingly fickle audiences should't matter.

The only point I would concede is Tidal exclusivity limits a users access if you already have Spotify or Apple music(gross) or whatever.  And you want to be able to get everything from that ones source you pay for already.  That's a concern we as consumers should have.  But, obviously Tidal is his baby they try to keep alive with these exclusives, and Sprint has a stake in Tidal now.

This is stuff that we shouldnt care about as consumers.  How artists try to market their products to make money nowadays and reach increasingly fickle audiences should't matter.

The only point I would concede is Tidal exclusivity limits a users access if you already have Spotify or Apple music(gross) or whatever.  And you want to be able to get everything from that ones source you pay for already.  That's a concern we as consumers should have.  But, obviously Tidal is his baby they try to keep alive with these exclusives, and Sprint has a stake in Tidal now.

It cheapens the art form. There's always the classic way of releasing your art form: everywhere and not with JUST Sprint (ew) users or Tidal (both struggling in respect to their competitors in their respective industry). 

Releasing on Tidal increases pirating 

Edited by State of the Game

I'm a Tidal subscriber, and have been since they started.  It's a great service, especially for those that are into the behind the scenes things with artists.  But Jay-Z already banked a huge chunk of $200 million from Sprint's stake in the service (as did all the other artist- owners like B, Nicki Minaj, Madonna, Rihanna, etc.), which is probably a heck of a lot more than he would've made on album sales anyway.  

Tidal's biggest hurdle right now is the fact that Billboard apparently still ignores its streaming data, though I've heard rumors that is about to change.  If so, I think that would bolster the service.  

And I'll say it again... the sound quality on Tidal is EPIC!!  But I agree he'd get more overall impact if he releases everything at once.  A smarter choice would be to do BTS stuff, additional tracks, etc. via Tidal as that will still drive hardcore fans to sign up.  

Tidal is still on the lowest totem pole of audio streaming media industry. 

This "hardcore" fan drivel is just that and only encourages pirating

No Jay-Z isn't making money off his album (very little artists are making money off their albums) but this is a marketing campaign. It cheapens the music 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just check for the music let all that marketing garage be his concern Im dont care he worth enough already so fuck it :lol:  I like a lot of his albums so I doubt this one will disappoint

It's pretty personal.  He apologizes to Bey and pretty much confirms he cheated on her referencing lemonade.  Tells Becky with the good hair to stay back.  He mentions Solange and the elevator.

He talks about his mom coming out a  lesbian.  

Legacy is interesting.  Talking about building generational wealth for his kids like white people do.  And how its important to give his children more than he had.

• Upvote 1

It's pretty personal.  He apologizes to Bey and pretty much confirms he cheated on her referencing lemonade.  Tells Becky with the good hair to stay back.  He mentions Solange and the elevator.

He talks about his mom coming out a  lesbian.  

Legacy is interesting.  Talking about building generational wealth for his kids like white people do.  And how its important to give his children more than he had.

sounds very interesting, Im sure I will get around to hearing it and love some track like I did "Otis" that was muh shit -_-