SOTW Tour - fan made Stage Concept & Setlist

feehgarcia

So I let my creativity flow again... LOL
This weekend I imagined what would be my dream/proposal for the SOTW Tour stage and setlist. I made the stage concept using a 3D software (first time I EVER used it! So, not my best work...) to illustrate what was on my mind. It's basically the Unbreakable Tour stage with a few different details.. Like the backdroop screen and the stairs: In one side it would be glass, so she could use the light box effect, and on the other antther LED screen. The smaller stairs take to a second stage level where the band would be.

What do you guys think?  :P

http://janetbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/SOTWstage_conceptbyjanetbr.pnghttp://janetbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/SOTWstage_conceptbyjanetbr4.png
http://janetbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/SOTWstage_conceptbyjanetbr2.pnghttp://janetbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/SOTWstage_conceptbyjanetbr5.png

SETLIST / concept
Like Janet said on the announcement video, the show would be about people, love and the world.
Would also have some political statements, but not as its main team.

ACT 1 - Legacy
INTERLUDE: Same audio from the Unbreakable Tour intro. Janet walking through a hangar/corridor, walls made of tv screens that shows her videos/performances/awards.
While she walks, we get camera close ups on her heels, hair, jewelry, eyes, mouth... Then she stops in front of a door. Door opens, show starts!
OUTFIT: Very modern, black or white with silver details. 'Make Me' video style.

BURNITUP!
Feedback
Make Me
(Janet stands looking at the crowd + Get the point? Good, Let's dance!)
Miss You Much

ACT 2 - Out Of Control Medley
INTERLUDE: While she's changing, a few dancers take the stage. Screen shows some 80's/Tony Viramontes/Street Art vibe video segue.
OUTFIT: Very colorful/vintage outfit. Like the one she used on the Control Medley during the AFY Tour. 

Nasty
What Have You Done For Me Lately
When I Think Of You
Pleasure Principle

ACT 3 - Thunderstorm/Looking For Love
INTERLUDE: Very clean and white video. A lot of blur and close ups of Janet' smile/hands. She's on the bed "waiting" for her lover. Rain on the windows. Damita Jo's 'Looking For Love' playing.
OUTFIT: White dress. Metal shoulder pads. Golden jewelry. Number Ones Tour 'Nothing' dress style.

Together Again (Jimmy Jam Deeper Remix)
Come Back To Me (piano/acapella) 
Again (piano version)
Twenty Foreplay (album version)

QUICK CHANGE: Janet takes off long dress and comes back with a full black "dance friendly" outfit. RWT Lounge Act style.
BACKDROP: Rain gets stronger. It's night now.

That's The Way Love Goes
No Sleeep
Got 'Til It's Gone

PHENOMENAL WOMAN Video Segue: Her voice declaiming 'Phenomenal Woman' poem. Instrumental includes elements of Throb and WYM.
On Screen: Janet getting ready to go out. Black, red, heels and leather outfit. Her man left her, but she's not dead. Hunting season! LOL

If
Son Of a Gun (Rock Remix / P. Diddy & Missy on screen)
(Full Interlude + Janet talks to the audience about love and pain. Ups and downs. Truth and lies.)
Truth (Sitting on top on the stairs accompanied by two background singers who'd be seated a few steps bellow her)

ACT 4 - Conversations In A Cafe/Dream Maker (Euphoria)
INTERLUDE: Dream Maker (Euphoria) playing. Video would have a more ethinic vibe, but with a modern twist. 
Try to imagine the Got 'Til it's Gone bar + Rock With You club/lounge.
OUTFIT: Very futuristc. Geometrical cuts and metal gloves with african textures and colors. 'Black Panther' movie vibes!

Free Xone (Janet comes on stage in a chair/throne, as music goes on she goes down the stairs and joins the dancers on main stage)
Dammn Baby (with elements of the Cafe Remix + I Get Lonely breakdown)
Rock With U
Night

ACT 5 - State Of The World
INTERLUDE: 2017 version of The Knowledge video! Remember the opening hangar? This time screens would show war, prejudice, manifestations...
Angry Janet breaks the room and all screens. Last shot would show the place wrecked, wires everywhere, broken glass and electricity sparks popping.
OUTFIT: Black, military style.

Shoulda Know Better
Scream / Black Cat
T.V. Interlude / State Of The World
Rhyhtm Nation
Livin' In Complete Darkness (Stage lights go down, no video here, only Janet's voice)

ENCORE
OUTFIT: White overall. Similar to her 2015 BET Awards outfit.

Well Travelled
Unbreakable
(Band keeps playing Unbreakable while Janet thanks the audience, talks about life, Eissa, the love from her fans...
She introduces band and dancers and ask if we're ready for one more!)
All For You
Edited by feehgarcia
  • Upvote 5

I’m unsure what you mean :blink: 

Anyhow, creating made up set lists and costume changes is a dangerous game. It can raise expectations.. that’s all I’m saying ??‍♂️

My expectations as are low as they can be LOL
I just made that up for myself and decided to share... I do that with a lot of artists I like :P

I enjoy creating concepts, tell a story through music... I'd love to work with that!

Anyway, it was just for fun.
Sorry :|

• Upvote 1

Not you putting in more effort to this tour than her team!

Hire ha Janet!!!

god you’re stupid af. 

Fans (not just Janet fans) do this for anything and everything. From fan art to fan fiction. 

It’s like you’re trolling or something 

Edited by State of the Game

the third stage looks really cool. WOW. ...and the lights going out thing omg genius! strong message then a strong message needed now!! worldwide!! thank you Fee~!! :) I cant think of a better way to enter the Hall of Fame which she will win its simply her time. to go through all she has and still be so loving and caring is like a miracle! not many can do that.