Gil's Talks Tour With ET

FreelovesJJ

LOL Well that's just gonna be his problem ain't it. We have to remember he doesn't know Janet like we do. He wasn't "around" during Janet's big music explosion during the "Control", "Rhythm Nation", and "janet." era. He doesn't know what we're used to and what we've experienced being with her our whole lives. Going to the store and seeing Janet posters everywhere, hearing her referenced in all kinds of movies and tv shows, hearing cars drive by bumping "I Get Lonely", "Miss You Much", "Pleasure Principle", "Escapade", "That's The Way Love Goes", and other stuff. He doesn't know how big Janet and Madonna were, so big that both were called the Queen of Pop in the 90s and not knowing how Janet was more successful than Madonna at the time and she was all over the news and tv stations. He don't know about how every Black female artist who didn't sing like Whitney was trying to be the next Janet lol. Hell remember MTV gave Janet her own damn weekend. A weekend full of nothing but Janet during her "janet." era and went behind the scenes of "If". He's gonna pretty much not like us criticizing Janet cause he will never experience what we did in person. Oh well 

nope they dont know...I was there, saw it all, remember it all, the RN era was her "it" girl era, she could do no wrong, and these cats in here came on during AFY :rolleyes:

Right.. you’re old and cynical. Too old to be playing this game of “I’m older so I know more” bull shit

Just bc you’re older and your mindset is stuck in the late 1900s doesn’t make you better or your cynical opinion stronger.

Actually your 90s nostalgia has NOTHING to do with anything in this thread

I don’t understand how someone can be a fan of an artist for 40 years and constantly diss them

Thats like if a fan [of MJ] dissed MJ for napping next to lil boys, then turns around and defends their actions by going over their 40 year fan-resume... :wacko: 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

and some of you have an uncanny ability to tout the same "fandom" from a few good moments in the 2001-Now, when a lot of us were present when Janet was building her career, the fact some of you readily run to ageism, I call bullshit for what it is, and still think you have a leg to stand on is ..well bullshit. Janet Jackson didn't become who she is today during AFY and after, and if you weren't there, Im sorry for you, you missed out on some of the best Janet moments, and arguably the highest points of her entire career. Attempting to dismiss it because you weren't there is equally bullshit as your ageism, and speaking of, find out the average age of a Janet Jackson fan, since they brought age into it which had NOTHING to do with shit....bare in mind Janet Jackson is 51 and her peak active years were in the 90's :coffee:  that's 20 years ago

It's okay some of you don't have the receipts, you didn't make the purchase, and no we won't take it back. BUT you're here now, albeit late as fuck, :rolleyes: so rejoice

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and some of you have an uncanny ability to tout the same "fandom" from a few good moments in the 2001-Now, when a lot of us were present when Janet was building her career, the fact some of you readily run to ageism, I call bullshit for what it is, and still think you have a leg to stand on is ..well bullshit. Janet Jackson didn't become who she is today during AFY and after, and if you weren't there, Im sorry for you, you missed out on some of the best Janet moments, and arguably the highest points of her entire career. Attempting to dismiss it because you weren't there is equally bullshit as your ageism, and speaking of, find out the average age of a Janet Jackson fan, since they brought age into it which had NOTHING to do with shit....bare in mind Janet Jackson is 51 and her peak active years were in the 90's :coffee:  that's 20 years ago

It's okay some of you don't have the receipts, you didn't make the purchase, and no we won't take it back. BUT you're here now, albeit late as fuck, :rolleyes: so rejoice

all these years and dates are just making me feel OLD ? I bought my first Janet cd when I was 9/10 

all these years and dates are just making me feel OLD ? I bought my first Janet cd when I was 9/10 

I dont feel that way, when you think about it we are all getting older, the only blessing is being able to experience it, I knew a dude that died two days before his 30th birthday, and he didnt live to see so many things we have ...dont ever feel like that, when I saw Janet on Unbreakable, I cried because after all these years she's still here and so was I, there's honor in longterm loyalty

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

These hoes in here mad cause we experienced Janet when she ruled the world and hell yeah we gonna always bring it up since some of you bitches think y'all know better than us. Janet has said many times without us she wouldn't be where she is. Too bad we older ones were part of helping Janet become the Legend and Icon she is with our coins, love, and support over decades and you hoes have to get the redbox version of Janet in order to know. We can say whatever we want and if you don't like it then oh well, we've been there with Janet and you haven't. Stay pressed about it :filenails:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

These hoes in here mad cause we experienced Janet when she ruled the world and hell yeah we gonna always bring it up since some of you bitches think y'all know better than us. Janet has said many times without us she wouldn't be where she is. Too bad we older ones were part of helping Janet become the Legend and Icon she is with our coins, love, and support over decades and you hoes have to get the redbox version of Janet in order to know. We can say whatever we want and if you don't like it then oh well, we've been there with Janet and you haven't. Stay pressed about it :filenails:

say that....school em, they dont know, they weren't there, they dont have those receipts, the best they got is "they old" fuck that ageism shit, no bitch its called seniority, we have more of it than them :coffee: If they had experienced Janet at her peak they might understand the connection 

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It’s not seniority.. FACT: you’re older. Congratulations. That doesn’t make what you say (your opinions) greater, better, or/and wiser. 

Thats the issue with your and previous generations... you pretend you know everything. Just bc you lived during the 70s and 80s that doesn’t mean you know everything. 

Bitches don’t even know how to work an iPhone but they’re quick to bring up something from 30+ years back :coffee: 

How can we be mad that you’re older? :blink: You think we give a shit about your experience? :lmao: 

It’s the fact that you pretend to be more knowledgeable 

• Upvote 2

It’s not seniority.. FACT: you’re older. Congratulations. That doesn’t make what you say (your opinions) greater, better, or/and wiser. 

Thats the issue with your and previous generations... you pretend you know everything. Just bc you lived during the 70s and 80s that doesn’t mean you know everything. 

Bitches don’t even know how to work an iPhone but they’re quick to bring up something from 30+ years back :coffee: 

How can we be mad that you’re older? :blink: You think we give a shit about your experience? :lmao: 

It’s the fact that you pretend to be more knowledgeable 

FACT I've experienced more Janet than you, no one claimed to know everything, we claimed we experienced and saw more Janet than you, Ive seen her live 11 times and over 6 tours, soon to be 7, thats not an opinion thats fact, and Im willing to bet Ive experienced her more than you and many here, thats FACT

We've seen more Janet experienced her more, her growth, challenges her becoming who she is today

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

FACT I've experienced more Janet than you, no one claimed to know everything, we claimed we experienced and saw more Janet than you, Ive seen her live 11 times and over 6 tours, soon to be 7, thats not an opinion thats fact, and Im willing to bet Ive experienced her more than you and many here, thats FACT

We've seen more Janet experienced her more, her growth, challenges her becoming who she is today

Exactly. He pretends to be dumb as if he doesn't know what we're saying when he indeed does which is why I didn't quote him cause I ain't going back and forth right now. I said what i said and it's factual baby. He better go on youtube and look at throwback Janet cause that's all he's gonna be able even get a small understanding of what Janet world was like. Too fuckin' bad -_-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Congratulations on your experience? You want a cookie? No one is arguing how old you are or how many times you’ve seen her live. That is not relevant to anything in this thread 

Experience has nothing to do with anything in this topic but keep boasting about how old.. err.. how experienced you are ??

FACT: Experience doesn’t make what you say better, greater, and/or wiser. 

Examples:

Donald J. Trump may have experience in lawsuits but that doesn’t mean his opinion on lawsuits is better than that of a recent grad student’s  

Prostitutes can have years of experience but still shit at having sex ??‍♂️ But do you

Edited by State of the Game
  • Downvote 1

Exactly. He pretends to be dumb as if he doesn't know what we're saying when he indeed does which is why I didn't quote him cause I ain't going back and forth right now. I said what i said and it's factual baby. He better go on youtube and look at throwback Janet cause that's all he's gonna be able even get a small understanding of what Janet world was like. Too fuckin' bad -_-

its really sad to me that's the only way they are ever going to experience "peak" Janet -_-  I remember seeing a whole lot of shit live and getting excited, thats where the stan comes from shit like that, not like things go nowadays, I remember all that Billy Bellamy shit, MTV interviews and "Rocumentaries" her shading the fuck outta Madonna :lmao:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1