Justin Timberlake in Talks for Super Bowl Halftime Show 2018

Dal

Ok, I'm gonna say this...

No more than Janet, Justin Timberlake cannot go back and change the past.  He's said that he could've handled the situation better, and even Janet said on Oprah in 2006 that he did reach out to her. 

The question for me will be this... how does Justin Timberlake handle the situation once this particular spotlight is on him.  It would be great for Justin Timberlake to step up and say he won't perform unless the NFL removes their Janet Jackson blacklist.  It doesn't change the past, and it doesn't undo the damage to her career, but at least it would serve as a way to help everyone move forward.  And there's no better time to do so than when Janet is crushing it on a world tour.  

• Upvote 6

Think about it: This is SUCH a Justin Timberlake thing to do..

he is aware of the policitcal and social climate that is taking place everyday at this very moment in time. African Americans and other minorities all across this country are reeling week after week from unjust treatment and blatant racism and prejudice, from the bottom of the trashiest trailer parks to the highest of our nation’s leaders. He was one of the main players, and beneficiaries, in one of the most overblown cases of fake outrage, largely evidently due to race. He pulled it off of her... she did not do it to herself. Knowing what we know now, he should’ve just grabbed her by the pussy on that stage! What would it have mattered..?

and what does this mother fucker go and do..? He observes all this and says to himself “yea I deserve to be on that stage after all the preferential treatment I’ve received and all the White Privilege that I yearn for...this is the perfect time in this nation’s history to take from one culture and sell it as my own...I’ll do it!

• Upvote 6

He has no idea the pounding he is going to take.  People are tired of the NFL as it is because of their injustice that is why ratings are down.  The boycott that was started by black activists is real and it is working.  This will continue up until the Super Bowl.  Every interview he does will be about Janet.  This country is divided as hell right now and he is so blind by his whiteness that he doesn't get it.  He may as well be carrying a tiki torch on stage because that is how he will be viewed

• Upvote 4

He has no idea the pounding he is going to take.  People are tired of the NFL as it is because of their injustice that is why ratings are down.  The boycott that was started by black activists is real and it is working.  This will continue up until the Super Bowl.  Every interview he does will be about Janet.  This country is divided as hell right now and he is so blind by his whiteness that he doesn't get it.  He may as well be carrying a tiki torch on stage because that is how he will be viewed

You're right. This is going to open a can of worms. And it might just go in the favor of our girl!

• Upvote 5

Another step forward for racism, sexism, inequality, & basicness by scum

...........If I were to say I'm surprised, I would be lying just as much as if I said I expected more from the NFL or Justin, or that he deserves this.

But I love the voluntary backlash  :coffee:

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

President Of Pop catching more flack than the President of the United States :coffee:... SAD #priorities 

People rather focus their energy on stupid shit like this than people who literally lost their lives to racism & bigotry. SAD

I wish people would focus on actual shit (like this entire Presidency) but I guess we’re just gonna bitch about the NFL instead ??‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Ive spoken on this already, so not much too add, right now my concern is Janet is on a major tour, which will be over before the SB, however we all know she doesnt want to talk aout the SB, so I wonder how this will affect Janet? I ask this only because she is visible right now, and this matter is terrible considering the timing and the protests being made in sports in general.

• Downvote 1

However, that doesn't stop protest from coming in email the NFL here :  http://www.nfl.com/contact-us;

the NFL commissioner's Twitter : https://twitter.com/nflcommish?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

#racism  :sigh: my first Twitter hashtag and its that :filenails:

make your voice heard, "Family that walks through fire for me, so I dont get burned"

whoever sponsors this halftime they catching hell too :filenails:

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

All right got more tea to burn this shit down:

the 2018 producer of the Halftime show is Ricky Kirshner

the director is : Hamish Hamilton

the sponsor is Pepsi

NBC will broadcast the show, email them too https://www.nbc.com/contact-us

......our attack as Jan Fam will be on all fronts, the NFL will get emails, the producer will get twitted, the sponsor Pepsi is going to get a lot of backlash, if we are going to unite the time is now, attack all of those parties, email, Tweet. get yourself in the know.

Edited by Bailey.
  • Downvote 1

Meanwhile Trump is literally picking a fight with someone else with a huge ego, siding with white supremacist, and is being investigated for treason (in a nutshell) 

But let’s hold a social media grudge on something that happened 13 years ago bc Janet had a some bright idea.

This Fire burned out a LONG time ago.. Move on. 

• Downvote 1

you remember that post....this aint done :filenails:  social media is perfect for this kinda shit, and I went there ...now its up to JanFam to step up

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 

It’s not my time that’s being wasted... it’s yours. Choose your battles. This one is moot #SocialMediaWarrior 

Sad is there’s more outrage from this than innocent minorities being murdered by renegade public servants. Tweet that 

• Downvote 1

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 

It’s not my time that’s being wasted... it’s yours. Choose your battles. This one is moot #SocialMediaWarrior 

Sad is there’s more outrage from this than innocent minorities being murdered by renegade public servants. Tweet that 

where do you think. or how do you think racism starts? It doesn't start nor end with the bigger battles its all the smaller ones that count too....how many ass whippings did Martin Luther King take to make his point? Okay keep it moving Game, I've already read the comments on both Janet boards, people are pissed and they have said the same things I did ...this will result in backlash, I just gave them the parties to address, boycott Pepsi ...let them catch wind of a boycott over sponsoring the halftime show of #racismNO!

• Downvote 1

where do you think. or how do you think racism starts? It doesn't start nor end with the bigger battles its all the smaller ones that count too....how many ass whippings did Martin Luther King take to make his point? Okay keep it moving Game, I've already read the comments on both Janet boards, people are pissed and they have said the same things I did ...this will result in backlash, I just gave them the parties to address, boycott Pepsi ...let them catch wind of a boycott over sponsoring the halftime show of #racismNO!

:umm: What kind of shit question is that? Where does racism start? Racism is taught. So it starts at home. 

This small “battle” is shit and you know it. You can’t cry “Racism” for every “battle” you go into. 

Oh? Janet fans are pissed? Oh my!! I didn’t even think of that? But why? 

:lmao: Oh.. your fake rage is precious. 

So when can we start blaming Janet for her “career moves” (a quote from Control) and stop blaming Rene, Gil, Wissam, JD, JT

Edited by State of the Game
  • Downvote 1