JanFam... How in the hell......

janetDAYZ

.... do y'all be able to run into Joey and Gil at Janet's concerts? Everytime I go I NEVER see them roaming around or anything. Joey just upgraded this lady tonight at her concert after she took a pic with him. How does That happen?????? 

depends, what city....it really does, if you in La or New York, forget all dat ish :filenails:  hell if you in Atlanta, or thinking about going, hang dat shit up too :coffee: her last date -_-

NOW on how to meet these people, show up in some cases early, however the venue I saw Janet in last did not let people in until like 7ish, and as soon as I went in first person I run into is Joey!  no lie, and I just went up politely introduced myself asked him "what are you doing out here? Shouldnt you be in the back"  to which he replied "I'm just checking out the crowd coming in"...cool "can I get a pic?"   yea?..."coool" -_-

• Upvote 1

.... do y'all be able to run into Joey and Gil at Janet's concerts? Everytime I go I NEVER see them roaming around or anything. Joey just upgraded this lady tonight at her concert after she took a pic with him. How does That happen?????? 

my wife, daughter and I got upgraded st the Unbreakable show in SF back in oct 2015.. it went like this:

-my wife and kid went to the restroom about 30min before showtime.. I went and waited for them outside the restroom..

-out of the blue Joey and someone else walked by and I reached out my hand and said “hey joey, nice to see you around. I’m a big fan and notice you in all the pics and clips of Janet walking around”

-he said “hey thanks for coming, enjoy the show” and walked off

-my wife and daughter came out the bathroom and we stopped at the merch to get a tour book.. we bought it and went back to our upper level $60 seats..

-as we were walking up the stairs, I was a few steps behind my wife and daughter and then suddenly Joey came out of nowhere again and tapped my wife and asked her if she’d like to be on the floor..

-I didn’t hear any of what he said cuz of the music, but I finally reached them and then my wife asked what I thought and I said “what” and then Joey turned to me and offered to swap my tix for floor and I was like “most definitely!!”

-we traded tix and then we got to the floor and lo’ and behold they were front fuckin row (Joey never said front row, just “floor” seats)

We’re pretty sure Joey only offered the upgrade because he noticed our daughter, Alex, who was dressed up sort of like Rhythm Nation, because he damn sure didn’t offer when I said hi to him a few min before that..

(a pic of my daughter when we went to the show, it won’t embed) ⬇️

https://instagram.com/p/8y77wJNOV5/

Anyway, idk how folks are getting upgraded this time around.. we’re going soon and hopefully we get lucky again.. prolly won’t tho

• Upvote 4

depends, what city....it really does, if you in La or New York, forget all dat ish :filenails:  hell if you in Atlanta, or thinking about going, hang dat shit up too :coffee: her last date -_-

NOW on how to meet these people, show up in some cases early, however the venue I saw Janet in last did not let people in until like 7ish, and as soon as I went in first person I run into is Joey!  no lie, and I just went up politely introduced myself asked him "what are you doing out here? Shouldnt you be in the back"  to which he replied "I'm just checking out the crowd coming in"...cool "can I get a pic?"   yea?..."coool" -_-

So he was just standing in the lobby area? Doing what? Im tryna get a mental picture here lol

• Upvote 1

my wife, daughter and I got upgraded st the Unbreakable show in SF back in oct 2015.. it went like this:

-my wife and kid went to the restroom about 30min before showtime.. I went and waited for them outside the restroom..

-out of the blue Joey and someone else walked by and I reached out my hand and said “hey joey, nice to see you around. I’m a big fan and notice you in all the pics and clips of Janet walking around”

-my wife and daughter came out the bathroom and we stopped at the merch to get a tour book.. we bought it and went back to our upper level $60 seats..

-as we were walking up the stairs, I was a few steps behind my wife and daughter and then suddenly Joey came out of nowhere again and tapped my wife and asked her if she’d like to be on the floor..

-I didn’t hear any of what he said cuz of the music, but I finally reached them and then my wife asked what I thought and I said “what” and then Joey turned to me and offered to swap my tix for floor and I was like “most definitely!!”

-we traded tix and then we got to the floor and lo’ and behold they were front fuckin row (Joey never said front row, just “floor” seats)

We’re pretty sure Joey only offered the upgrade because he noticed our daughter, Alex, who was dressed up sort of like Rhythm Nation, because he damn sure didn’t offer when I said hi to him a few min before that..

Anyway, idk how folks are getting upgraded this time around.. we’re going soon and hopefully we get lucky again.. prolly won’t tho

See this is like some fairytale shit that I so badly want to happen to me!!!! Everyone on social media makes it sound soooo easy, "oh I met Joey..he upgraded my tickets" ....like wtf??????? I get jealous and angry cus I have yet to even see a glimpse of any if Janet's entourage at any of her shows,like EVER...but you all keep my hope alive lol

• Upvote 3

So he was just standing in the lobby area? Doing what? Im tryna get a mental picture here lol

thats the picture, you have to think about it from the casual fan perspective, Gil, Joey, and others can stand in a crowd outside the venue and the only people that will know them are us !   Other people will walk right by, and Joey did ask me after we took the pic, "so where are you sitting?"  I had went and bought two third row seats on StubHub that day, so he looks and says "you're pretty close already".....the end. :)

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

OMG!  Your daughter is too cute! 

• Upvote 1

We were trying to find out. We tried to get behind the stage. I was asking security guards and shit lol. I saw Randy in my section. I don't think Janet took pic with fans this time. Soon after she got off stage the camp started heading back to the tour buses. We saw Gil standing outside and I yelled his name and he looked and we waved at each other.

• Upvote 2

......It happens in LA (I got it both sold out LA shows I went to), it happens everywhere,  it's all timing, the earlier the arrival, the better the chances of seeing who you need to see & getting what you need to get. What is different every show is the amount of upgrades, keep that in mind.

• Upvote 3

......It happens in LA (I got it both sold out LA shows I went to), it happens everywhere,  it's all timing, the earlier the arrival, the better the chances of seeing who you need to see & getting what you need to get. What is different every show is the amount of upgrades, keep that in mind.

it happens everywhere, we're not the only ones doing it :shifty: everybody gets their turn :shifty:

Edited by Bailey.

yup it happens everywhere. gil was ranting on twitter lastnight about the front row fans filming instead of enjoying the show, he said janet buys the first 2 rows and give those tickets to fans(those are the upgrade tickets), they want those fans to be hyped not filming on their phones.

• Upvote 2

Yea I felt him, I went live (for certain moments) but even then I wasnt lookin at my phone, but you look around and I saw what he was talking about, people lookin at her through the phone with dead fave instead or looking at her right in our faces...thats some simple shit there, like we see her through screens all the time..and shes right here feet away from us, psh, I got me good pics & vids, but I LIVED & WAS LOUD AND GETTIN IT TOO, and I think no matter where anyones sitting, if youre filming, you need to be livin too. Let the moments & memories be better than the footage, he & I talked a lil about that after the show.

• Upvote 1

yup it happens everywhere. gil was ranting on twitter lastnight about the front row fans filming instead of enjoying the show, he said janet buys the first 2 rows and give those tickets to fans(those are the upgrade tickets), they want those fans to be hyped not filming on their phones.

Im glad he spoke on it, I dont agree with going to a concert and spending the show filming it, damn that enjoy the show....and if you got upgraded you really should show some gratitude by jumping up and down and turning up..

Playing devil’s advocate, this is the digital age so all the non-millennials can stop with the “put your phones away”. It’s how we capture the moment. You don’t have to understand it

BUT we should also live in the moment which I am personally getting better at. I barely took any photos of her the last time she came to CLE

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

See this is like some fairytale shit that I so badly want to happen to me!!!! Everyone on social media makes it sound soooo easy, "oh I met Joey..he upgraded my tickets" ....like wtf??????? I get jealous and angry cus I have yet to even see a glimpse of any if Janet's entourage at any of her shows,like EVER...but you all keep my hope alive lol

Ok so me and a Janet fan who has been my friend for 10yrs now, David, were trying to do the same thing. Some of y'all might know him cause he used to be on the forums. 

20170926_103320_zps4rii84pt.png

Anyway like I said we both got to the venue early and they weren't letting anybody in until almost 7. IDK how that lady got to Joey or found him cause we walked all over that venue and trust me we were looking for Joey and everyone else. Later we went upstairs and started walking around where barely any people were. There were like 4 or 5 entrances so maybe she ran into him at one of the other ones. We ran into a lady who told us to take our tickets to someone wearing a red shirt and they would upgrade us. Well we did and the lady told me that I was already pretty close and when they showed me my seat there was really no point in upgrading me. Then she told both of us they were only upgrading the top level and nose bleed seats which kind of pissed me off cause I don't like the fact that you have to be a cheap bitch and buy cheap seats far in the back and to get upgraded to the front where the real fans paid more money. As I said a while back some coworkers of mine who weren't even real Janet fans got upgraded to front row during the Unbreakable tour in SF. Even after the Fresno show we hung out and we actually saw Gil down below standing at the tour bus and then we saw her dancer come out, the white boy. I said to David "That looks like Gil." and he said "Nah I don't think so" so I yelled "Gil!" and then Gil looked around and saw us and waved. Anyway the only way anybody is gonna get upgraded is to either not be a real fan and buy nosebleeds cause you really could care less about seeing Janet up close or be cheap as hell and buy seats way in the back.

• Upvote 1

Playing devil’s advocate, this is the digital age so all the non-millennials can stop with the “put your phones away”. It’s how we capture the moment. You don’t have to understand it

BUT we should also live in the moment which I am personally getting better at. I barely took any photos of her the last time she came to CLE

NO its how you guys show a lack of respect for anything in the moment, regardless of the moment, for example some of you can't put your phone away while at dinner on a date, that shows a lack of understanding for basic principals of respect and conduct ..Im calling bullshit :coffee:

• Upvote 1

NO its how you guys show a lack of respect for anything in the moment, regardless of the moment, for example some of you can't put your phone away while at dinner on a date, that shows a lack of understanding for basic principals of respect and conduct ..Im calling bullshit :coffee:

No. it has nothing to do with respect. You don’t get it and you can admit that you don’t get it

If your date is on the phone then that’s on you :umm: 

No. it has nothing to do with respect. You don’t get it and you can admit that you don’t get it

If your date is on the phone then that’s on you :umm: 

so I take responsibility for someone else's actions because they dont/shouldn't have to? sounds like millennial entitlement at its finest, no you're right you don't have to act like you have home training, that's for everyone else but you, you don't have to think about your actions, that's for someone else to deal with :coffee: You don't understand respect, because how it actually works is how one represents themselves is a statement about how much they respect themselves first and others around them, someone with a sense of responsibility understands that time matters, and they dont want theirs wasted so why in the hell would they do the same to others? 

Edited by Bailey.

so I take responsibility for someone else's actions because they dont/shouldn't have to? sounds like millennial entitlement at its finest, no you're right you don't have to act like you have home training, that's for everyone else but you, you don't have to think about your actions, that's for someone else to deal with :coffee: You don't understand respect, because how it actually works is how one represents themselves is a statement about how much they respect themselves first and others around them, someone with a sense of responsibility understands that time matters, and they dont want theirs wasted so why in the hell would they do the same to others? 

You want to talk about entitlements :lmao: Entitled is expecting someone to sit at a dinner table with you for two hours being bored out of their minds and can’t check their phone bc you consider it disrespectful. You. And most of your generation. 

It has nothing to do with hometraining or respect (which is earned... another entitlement your generation think they’re given). They are an adult (I hope) so if your date is on their phone for most of the date, then that’s on you

I'ma have to go with Game on this one. People are amazed at seeing the Queen and they wanna show it off. They wanna show people they were there and show others what they missed out on, what they can look forward to, or simply for memories. I'm part of Generation X and I totally understand. Hell I took pics and video so I can share and be able to look back and enjoy the memories. Gil isn't looking at it from both sides. I hope Janet doesn't feel the same way. I recorded and it didn't take away from me enjoying the show. I still was able to get Janet's attention and I initiated crowd cheering and applause lol. Next show I probably won't be recording but if I do it won't be much. I'll be 23 seats back from the stage but that's not bad at all. Still farther away than what I was in Fresno but i'll still be close.

• Upvote 2

I do think its generational. I don't think its about being bored, more that this new generation always feel the need to be distracted/validated/show everyone what they've done. I personally believe most artists don't wanna see someone with their phones up the entire time. Like really, what are you there for? Gil has even clarified, there is one thing filming for a few minutes...but 15 - 30 mins...or every 10 mins you wip out your phone:wacko:...no...live the moment. Look at the difference in energy with the audience at a concert now and say 2002...its insane. Who you really think Janet gonna show more love to at a show...the one with their phone up or the one dancing and showing love?

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 4

I do think its generational. I don't think its about being bored, more that this new generation always feel the need to be distracted/validated/show everyone what they've done. I personally believe most artists don't wanna see someone with their phones up the entire time. Like really, what are you there for? Gil has even clarified, there is one thing filming for a few minutes...but 15 - 30 mins...or every 10 mins you wip out your phone:wacko:...no...live the moment. Look at the difference in energy with the audience at a concert now and say 2002...its insane. Who you really think Janet gonna show more love to at a show...the one with their phone up or the one dancing and showing love?

I do think its generational. I don't think its about being bored, more that this new generation always feel the need to be distracted/validated/show everyone what they've done. 

Every generation needs a distraction.. everyone one.. whether it’s weight lifting, alcohol.. whatever it may be. 

Yes social media and social media presence plays a part.. some people NEED to post their everything on a social medium.. most don’t. There’s different levels. 

Its not like our parents don’t have photo albums that they showed EVERYONE. It’s the same difference