PopWrapped: JANET WILL JOIN JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE FOR 2018 SB HALFTIME SHOW!

Dal

Rumors have been circulating for weeks, that Justin Timberlake will once again headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show in 2018, and PopWrapped can exclusively confirm that the rumors are indeed true. Both the NFL and Timberlake are expected to make the official announcement in the coming days. I spoke to several sources, familiar with the deal, who tell me, “The deal is done. The ink is dry.” also stating “Timberlake is not only one of the biggest stars in the world, but has also become a legacy artist since his last Super Bowl performance. He was the first choice to headline.” This will be Timberlake's third Super Bowl Halftime Show performance. He appeared with *NSYNC in 2001 and as a solo artist, with Janet Jackson in 2004.

Perhaps the biggest news we obtained, was that Janet Jackson will indeed be joining him. If you'll remember in 2004, the NFL, and many Americans were in uproar, after Timberlake exposed Jackson's bare breast, at the end of the performance. The incident, which was later dubbed as the “Nipplegate,” caused such backlash, Jackson was blacklisted from performing again. It also quickly prompted the FCC to institute a permanent, five-second delay on all live broadcasts. Following the performance, Timberlake and Jackson publicly apologized for the scandal, although many speculated that the entire incident was a planned publicity stunt. Timberlake exited the scandal relatively unscathed, while Janet absorbed a tremendous amount of heat, perhaps unfairly. In the past, Timberlake admitted that he “could’ve handled it better,” and then a few more years later: “I wish I had supported Janet more.”

Our insider noted, “...Justin's a smart guy. He doesn't want to be crucified for letting Janet take all the heat for the 'breast issue.' It's been almost fifteen years. He's not a kid anymore. Justin has a tremendous amount of respect for Janet, and has always felt bad about how everything went down. There are so many safeguards to ensure that kind of issue could never happen again.” When asked about other possible collaborators, including Nelly and *NSYNC, I was told “Nelly is out, for obvious reasons,” and that ”Justin isn't really interested in another *NSYNC performance, right now. It's just not practical. Bottom line, he only has 12-minutes to deliver. The only strong request that Timberlake had was regarding Janet. It was definitely not an easy sell. Justin has vowed that there will be zero controversy.”

It's worth noting, that since rumors began circulating that Timberlake would once again be featured on the Halftime show, the internet has loudly, and often angrily pointed out the difference in the way Jackson has been punished for the infamous 2004 incident. Not everyone is so keen on the idea on a Janet Jackson feature, however. Dallas Cowboys legend, Michael Irvin definitely wasn't a fan of the idea. When asked by TMZ, how he felt about Jackson joining Timberlake, he curtly stated, “I don't think so.”

With Timberlake's new record lurking just around the corner, a Super Bowl Halftime performance seems like a smart move for everyone involved. What do you think of this news? Let us know in the comments, and be sure to like PopWrapped on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!

https://popwrapped.com/breaking-justin-timberlake-janet-jackson-to-headline-2018-super-bowl-halftime-show

Justin just made his counter move to Em, and its all speculation until anything offical is announced, I know in my heart Janet would never and its after her tour too.....I dont see it...JT PR team trying it, get him in the door on the guise maybe Janet coming too so what its cool? NOOOO Janet aint doing that

what would Janet have to gain by performing as a "guest" of a lessor artist? I just dont believe this shit, and no it aint happening unless "Janet's team" all zero of them at this point :rolleyes:  speaks on it officially ...JT is still a no go for me on the SB....."Popwrapped" bish please holla back when the NFL PR announces this ish ...like never :filenails:  they tried it they really did :sigh:

Edited by Bailey.

Are we really even discussing this? We know Janet would NEVER EVER do this. 

Is this the same woman who pushed out a baby near her 50s and recently became bosom buddies with the girl that sings 'Promise'...I clearly don't know what to expect from this woman anymore and I'm content with that.

• Upvote 1

Is this the same woman who pushed out a baby near her 50s and recently became bosom buddies with the girl that sings 'Promise'...I clearly don't know what to expect from this woman anymore and I'm content with that.

I get the whole unpredictable Janet thing but this seems extreme to the highest of the high. I cannot picture Janet running out on that sb stage to be a "supporting act" for him

I get the whole unpredictable Janet thing but this seems extreme to the highest of the high. I cannot picture Janet running out on that sb stage to be a "supporting act" for him

Why? Bc it’s him? Or bc the Super Bowl is literally the world’s largest gathering of humans around a moving picture box? 

How you think is your opponent :rolleyes:...you are looking at it the wrong way. I find it hard to believe but this could be an opportunity to change the narrative, could you imagine NOT having Janet's name brought up everytime they announce a Superbowl performer/performance. It's a stretch but I'm here for some new positive headlines...everybody loves a redemption story and I'm not talking about Janet, I'm talking about this country and their fake outrage over a nipple.

• Upvote 3

Why? Bc it’s him? Or bc the Super Bowl is literally the world’s largest gathering of humans around a moving picture box? 

She don't care about that..and we know she ain't the type to be like "ohhhh yippy!!!! An opportunity to be see by the world again!!!!!!!" 

Come on now. She isn't thirsty like that..never have been 

How you think is your opponent :rolleyes:...you are looking at it the wrong way. I find it hard to believe but this could be an opportunity to change the narrative, could you imagine NOT having Janet's name brought up everytime they announce a Superbowl performer/performance. It's a stretch but I'm here for some new positive headlines...everybody loves a redemption story and I'm not talking about Janet, I'm talking about this country and their fake outrage over a nipple.

I didn't say she shouldn't do it cus as I stated in another thread.. that would be a BOSS move and it would do her good but I think Janet had completely separated herself from the whole SB thing. I can't see her having the desire to walk back into that. 

She don't care about that..and we know she ain't the type to be like "ohhhh yippy!!!! An opportunity to be see by the world again!!!!!!!" 

Come on now. She isn't thirsty like that..never have been 

It’s an opportunity for her to redeem herself especially if she decides to take this tour overseas. It’s a win-win for her honestly

• Upvote 2

I never imagine Janet doing a concert where 'Where are you now' is being performed. I think Janet is opened to dialogue and input...if somebody suggested that this would be a good look and good promotion from an upcoming project...you better believe she may consider it.

I will also say that motherhood has a tendency to make alot stuff more clearer, the things you were angry about and emotional over dont seem as important. This is all speculation at this point but you never know. What I am witnessing is a woman that has that fire back with the body to prove it, Janet ain't playing with you hoes.

• Upvote 4

It’s an opportunity for her to redeem herself especially if she decides to take this tour overseas. It’s a win-win for her honestly

I never imagine Janet doing a concert where 'Where are you now' is being performed. I think Janet is opened to dialogue and input...if somebody suggested that this would be a good look and good promotion from an upcoming project...you better believe she may consider it.

I will also say that motherhood has a tendency to make alot stuff more clearer, the things you were angry about and emotional over dont seem as important. This is all speculation at this point but you never know. What I am witnessing is a woman that has that fire back with the body to prove it, Janet ain't playing with you hoes.

i know you two are really hoping she does and so do I but I think this is one thing that certainly IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. if it does, great but I'm not holding my breath on this one.. 

Everything Janet is doing she's doing for the Netflix documentary. She would totally do the Half Time show for it as well. If she can get this gig, she'll do it just for the doc. She may also want to support the NFL players.

Edited by burnt
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1