PopWrapped: JANET WILL JOIN JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE FOR 2018 SB HALFTIME SHOW!

Dal

Let me be clear...

White straight male supremacy is real, sexism and racism do exist...I think it's great that so many people are coming to Janet's defense, I did that alot when the incident happened...so much that I had to log off the internet because I was becoming too invested in a woman that I don't know personally.

But Janet is NOT a victim here. Yes Justin hung her out to dry over a decision they both made but she should not have had that muthafucka on her stage let alone rip an article of her clothing off. Chile....

I just don't get the outrage of her possibly doing the Superbowl but there was no outrage when she decided to star in 3 Tyler Perry movies. #PerfectPattyfuckedupalright

• Upvote 2

Let me be clear...

White straight male supremacy is real, sexism and racism do exist...I think it's great that so many people are coming to Janet's defense, I did that alot when the incident happened...so much that I had to log off the internet because I was becoming too invested in a woman that I don't know personally.

But Janet is NOT a victim here. Yes Justin hung her out to dry over a decision they both made but she should not have had that muthafucka on her stage let alone rip an article of her clothing off. Chile....

I just don't get the outrage of her possibly doing the Superbowl but there was no outrage when she decided to star in 3 Tyler Perry movies. #PerfectPattyfuckedupalright

now you gone stop this, let the first muthafucka in here who hasn't fucked up and aint perfect speak......*crickets*  now back to reality albeit Janet made a decision and shit went left, but the venom and ferocity of what took place was a modern day witch hunt. Janet is a victim, of an imbalanced scale of so-called "justice" she made that mistake but did the punishment fit the crime? If I recall accomplices are equally guilty in the act of committing a crime, the fact JT skated scott free is a much bigger issue of discussion, to sit here and act like all those ism's you named aren't a bigger rallying cry is outrageous and at the same time say Janet aint a victim..... I suggest you consult with your local voodoo queen he will set you str8 :filenails:

Edited by Bailey.

Let me be clear...

Are you black?

he's yellow light bright creole buss :rolleyes:

Well I don't see how any Black person would say Janet isn't a victim. She apologized just like he did and still had everything that had to do with her blacklisted from radio and tv. How is that not being victimized? 

Well I don't see how any Black person would say Janet isn't a victim. She apologized just like he did and still had everything that had to do with her blacklisted from radio and tv. How is that not being victimized? 

I understand only one point Voodoo made, and that's Janet has made some missteps and if those alone earned her a career washed aside, considering other pop stars and the shit they have done. Do any of us think if Janet acted like Britney did the public would have hoped and prayed for the sanity of the poor lil White  Black gurl? I dont fucking think so, so any talk of Janet not being mistreated ....welll miss me with the bullshit, Im not here for it :filenails:

Edited by Bailey.
  • Upvote 1

aint nobody in this bitch perfect we all fuck up, that doesnt mean that person isnt worthy of being redeemed. Janet had a stellar career that was well cemented before 2004, she had already done more than most (White, Black, male or female) will ever hope to achieve. To treat Janet like a terrorist on the screens of Whitie is insane shit

So you two are okay with Janet making the decision to have this white male come on her stage to rip an article of her clothing off knowing good and damn well that she exist in a system of white supremacy and maybe if this reveal goes horribly wrong it could be detrimental to my career because yes I am black and I am a woman....? Chile please. Janet is not a victim.  Stahp it.

And no I'm not black because I choose not to participate in white supremacy and I don't subscribe to GroupThink, but I will comment on fuck shit that i see :rolleyes:

So you two are okay with Janet making the decision to have this white male come on her stage to rip an article of her clothing off knowing good and damn well that she exist in a system of white supremacy and maybe if this reveal goes horribly wrong it could be detrimental to my career because yes I am black and I am a woman....? Chile please. Janet is not a victim.  Stahp it.

And no I'm not black because I choose not to participate in white supremacy and I don't subscribe to GroupThink, but I will comment on fuck shit that i see :rolleyes:

Hell no. They were fucking each other anyway so she felt comfortable doing that. Janet has done a lot of things knowing we live in a white world and that ain't and shouldn't stop anyone from doing something. I thought you were placing all of the blame on Janet cause that's what it sounds like when you said "Janet is NOT a victim" which she clearly is a victim regarding the backlash. Do you really think Janet was sitting there contemplating "I'm black so let me see if this is ok with massuh?" Nope

Edited by JoeJoe

you assume that all these factors had been taken into consideration before the incident, its quite obvious no one knew this would have blown up and to be fair it was highly politicized during an election year. Janet became the punchbag for all things fucked up with content, and the crackdown was far reaching, let's forget about the fact 13 years later there's more violence and sex everywhere than before ...Janet was making a move with arguably one of the better young artists to do so, not Britney and Madonna, but Janet and Justin....shit went wrong.... and dont go telling us you aint black, the minute those Dutch muthafuckas stepped foot on the coasts of Africa and decided they White and you get to be Black and thats the nice name they call you....chile, let me paint a picture of what's been going on the last I dont fucking know say 400 years, worked to death as slaves, split up and sold off, shot at and all for what? Some cotton? Indigo? for a fucking purple shirt :filenails:  Groupthink my ass, let the cops pull yo yellow ass over you'll know what color you are :coffee:

Edited by Bailey.

100  ....white women benefited more from the civil rights movement than Blacks....The issue with 2004, was White folks getting in their feelings over Black sexuality being shown

Where were white feminists when Sandra Bland was found hanging in a jail cell? Or when several of those young black women went missing last year? Oh yeah, over 50% of them voted for Trump so he could grab them by the pussy. 

I can believe that poster had to nerve to say "why the race card"??? Are you kidding me? But this is what other "minority" groups like to do...white women, white gays, Asians etc. they never wanna stick their neck out and fight white supremacy on our behalf but they look to us to be on the front lines while they sit back and say "what about (white) women, what about (white) gays, what about Latinos"?? Why aren't you on the front lines when a police officer murders a black man with impunity?

• Upvote 1

I said I choose not to participate in white supremacy or GroupThink but I am aware that others do and see my skin for what it is. I clearly stated that racism and sexism exist :lol:...imma need us to be on the same frequency if we are gonna have this dialogue :rolleyes:

Im not gonna feel better about this exchange nor this narrative until we have anger sex :filenails:  thats the only way <_<

• Upvote 1

I feel Janet is the only one who got her negroe wake up call and truly got what that meant. People like Michael, OJ, and Bill Cosby would kiss white people ass even after they kick em' in the face

she got her wake up call, but I dont think she ever was that asleep, she enjoyed a successful run but no matter how well she did, no matter how much better the records were, Madonna got a lot more credit than Janet

I said I choose not to participate in white supremacy or GroupThink but I am aware that others do and see my skin for what it is. I clearly stated that racism and sexism exist :lol:...imma need us to be on the same frequency if we are gonna have this dialogue :rolleyes:

you're saying both exist but you still refuse to say it had anything to do with Janet but oh well

i said in this thread that it does have something to do with Janet, but she is not a victim. I don't even think that she considers herself a victim. 

She probably wouldn't choose those words, but the fact that she's discussed her unfair treatment, as unfair treatment and what she's had to overcome, whether or not she sees herself as that, she's acknowledged she was unfairly treated = Victim

• Upvote 1

I always wondered what tf Janet and JT were thinking ...like, even if went the way she described it was “supposed” to go, they still would’ve got themselves into the same shit (obviously mainly her)..

A sane person would ask themselves: What business did Janet mfing jackson have letting a white man (regardless of who it was) rip anything off of her person in front of 100mil people, for any reason..? And then to say that a red bra was meant to be left behind..?! The fake, non/never-existent 2nd later red bra still would not had been enough to quell the uproar that would’ve for sure followed.. 

look, it happened exactly the way it was meant to happen.. they wanted it to seem like a mistake but it was a full-on publicity stunt..

wrong time, wrong place..

remember, just a few short months before that year’s Super Bowl was the MTV VMAs... the same VMAs that had that infamous Madonna/Britney kiss, where MTV shoved a camera into JT’s face to get his reaction, unbeknownst to him.. He and she knew and they wanted to upstage that, Janet against Madonna and JT against Britney.. they thought this would do it, and it did, but ultimately backfired..

I was definitely disappointed in Janet for even considering ending the show with JT ripping anything off her body at a show like that.. but when I saw how quickly she apologized, and how really non-existent the actual impact truly was, it was coo.. but moreso, I got frustrated with the lack of accountability given to him as opposed to her, as we all were..

but I think the only way that this will be finally moved past if they were to be together onstage again and a new JT/Janet Super Bowl performance and memory emerges to full the void in what should’ve been known as one of the best Halftime shows ever (and it truly was, she killed that shit before JT rose up).. even with all the political and social angles being brought up about this, none of that is janet’s fault.. there’s still gonna be a super Bowl Halftime show long after 45 is gone and long after there are no more players taking a knee, just as there was a Halftime show long before all that.. 

If Justin does this show on his own, or without bringing her out, I’m bouta be livid.. but if she makes an appearance (and a statement, cuz you know damn well he’s too chicken shit for any of that) then I’ll applaud the fk outta that and I’ll forget and move past any current feelings I have against JT now)

their time is now and only now..

....considering Justin even invites her and he a bitxh so we’ll see ? 

• Upvote 2

^^placing Janet on any stage with JT is not going to undo the blacklist she suffered, the horrid Letterman interview, the lose of sound managment under Roger Davies, who keeps Pink going internationally.  What's done is water under the bridge

nobody said anything about “undoing the blacklist”.. obviously we don’t have a time machine.. but I think it will overtake in a lot of minds, or at least substitute, the memory of the immediate blowback she received from the original incident back in 2004..

obviosuly it won’t erase it from pop culture history but it will add a new, conclusive chapter in the story of nipplegate

nobody said anything about “undoing the blacklist”.. obviously we don’t have a time machine.. but I think it will overtake in a lot of minds, or at least substitute, the memory of the immediate blowback she received from the original incident back in 2004..

obviosuly it won’t erase it from pop culture history but it will add a new, conclusive chapter in the story of nipplegate

everyone's mind except the one that matters the most......Janet. :filenails: the person who lived thru all that

Push thru Dal. You get it!!!

I would go even further to say MTV knew what was about to happen, they pushed for that shit. Justin and MTV left Janet out to dry. Justin was more apologetic and played the game while Janet said fuck you, remained mute then was made to apologize only to say fuck you again I don't want to talk about it and that triggered these white corporations that this black woman could be so rebellious and stick to her guns... leading them to say 'okay we will make an example out of your black ass' and proceeded to try and erase her and her impact.

Chile...

Just thinking about this shit pisses me off, I already worked through all this shit with Iyanla. #notOnmyWatch

Fuck it, I don't want her to do it.:mellow:

:rolleyes: