PopWrapped: JANET WILL JOIN JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE FOR 2018 SB HALFTIME SHOW!

Dal

I'm wondering why you are saying his twitter is lit up by Janet supporters with that emoticon? I'm not sure if that was a response to my last post or to this thread in general. Who's twitter are you talking about?

Justin Timberlake's Twitter account is flooded with people speaking against him over Janet, mainly people saying he should spend some of his performance apologizing

As for the emoticon I was surprised at the response (negative) that he's getting, I didnt realize folks would swing this hard

Edited by Bailey.

Justin Timberlake's Twitter account is flooded with people speaking against him over Janet, mainly people saying he should spend some of his performance apologizing

As for the emoticon I was surprised at the response (negative) that he's getting, I didnt realize folks would swing this hard

lol boy are you really surprised at the outlash. Janet is a Legacy within herself. Fans along with the general public have been waiting years and years to for our voices to be heard and not go in one ear and out the other like they've been doing us for over a decade since this happened. Now the cage is unlocked and we all over the place.

• Upvote 1

lol boy are you really surprised at the outlash. Janet is a Legacy within herself. Fans along with the general public have been waiting years and years to for our voices to be heard and not go in one ear and out the other like they've been doing us for over a decade since this happened. Now the cage is unlocked and we all over the place.

I dont know what Justin's team thought or the Half Time people, but this could get quite ugly, and I dont think Janet wants her name in it at all, yet it is, and there's even a hashtag #JusticeforJanet.  I think this is not the right route, I said it before, this should be about racism not Janet

I dont know what Justin's team thought or the Half Time people, but this could get quite ugly, and I dont think Janet wants her name in it at all, yet it is, and there's even a hashtag #JusticeforJanet.  I think this is not the right route, I said it before, this should be about racism not Janet

Oh it's definitely gonna get ugly. Now i'm wondering who's the source that Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight said "Janet is open to and would perform with Justin again in a minute." Somebody needs to hit up Gil and see wassup.

Oh it's definitely gonna get ugly. Now i'm wondering who's the source that Access Hollywood and Entertainment Tonight said "Janet is open to and would perform with Justin again in a minute." Somebody needs to hit up Gil and see wassup.

Gil doesn’t speak like that nor about matters like this but shit is gonna get real

Edited by Bailey.

ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MEDIA

I just have to say, I love so much how everyone's team Janet (and the majority is team "Why him?") like it's really all over the media in a way...I hoped it would be if he got confirmed. 

The common narrative all around is that this Superbowl has to be about her in some way whether or not she's there.

• Upvote 2

That a record number of people are going to watch the Super Bowl = money = Sales 

This is social media... it’s not “gonna get ugly”. More people are keyboard-mad at this than murder or domestic terrorism. 

I don’t believe in that hashtag. Janet is happy for JT and she has moved on and according to ET, would be open to dance along with him. It’s sad that no matter what she says about this, her fans persistently want “justice” for her. 

Her silence speaks volume and it says “bitch I’m on tour, buy a ticket”

Edited by State of the Game

why the race card tho? What about sexism? Let the woman be the scapegoat because she is the weaker sex.

why the race card tho? What about sexism? Let the woman be the scapegoat because she is the weaker sex.

I feel you, it really should be about both really, and both before it even being about her. But what's great is all 3 are being discussed, like of the tons of press and media this is getting, the majority are talking about the racism, the sexism, and that he needs her for this to be good. SO that's acceptable, but I do think the sexism part could be raised a bit higher just because that's THE hot topic right now, but ay racism is too, so this here really is going to keep going becasue in pop culture there's just so many new instances of both.

What's great about the sexual harassment  thing that's being brought to life too is it's getting the "that was years ago" bullshit excuse dragged to the dumpster where it belongs, there's no statue of limitations on justice not being served

• Upvote 1

Woooow... Billboard has been posting article after article in support of Janet and reminding the public how JT got away unscathed all those years ago..

right at this very moment, the top story/link on their HOME page is this story: “Here’s Why Justin Timberlake Needs To Bring Back Janet Jackson To The Super Bowl LII Halftime Stage” 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8014008/justin-timberlake-janet-jackson-super-bowl-lii-oped

• Upvote 3

who mention this as if I stated sexism was not a factor, and of course it is I simply did not speak on that aspect. There are quite a few angles going on and there's talk about them all, now where this will lead I dont know.

Social Media doesn't equal all media, ALL media posting about entertainment is talking about this and how it should be all about Janet, dare I say it, it even crosses polital lines, the only people really on the "but it was so long ago/what's done is done/he's talented too and doesn't need anyone else" bandwagon are his big time stans, and those voices aren't "trending" anywhere for anyone, for good reason. Proud of the Janfam through this all.

• Upvote 1

welp, they cleared Justin's Twitter up, so much dragging to sweep away :coffee:

He knew damn well he will forever be linked to Janet cause of the Superbowl. Now was he was dumb enough to think people would just welcome him with open arms especially the black community. All you gotta do is fuck us over once and you're done.

Edited by JoeJoe