How many true friends would you say you have?

Bailey

I think its definitely where you look, whether that be apps or bars, neither seem sufficient for good friends, and Id take str8 ones but its nice to be around folks that can relate to you. My friend Aaron and I hit a bump in the road, he felt that I was getting too close, and he's using drugs so theres that....we had stopped fooling around but last week he called me to do just that ...I don't know its weird gay men that is

That's a fuck friend, not a platonic friend. And if they drugs (dunno what kind) you're probably better off without them in your life. 

• Upvote 1

I think its definitely where you look, whether that be apps or bars, neither seem sufficient for good friends, and Id take str8 ones but its nice to be around folks that can relate to you. My friend Aaron and I hit a bump in the road, he felt that I was getting too close, and he's using drugs so theres that....we had stopped fooling around but last week he called me to do just that ...I don't know its weird gay men that is

That’s not a friend. That’s a friend with benefits. And what kind of drugs? 

• Upvote 1

Yes. That a common denominator.. sex. It makes the world go ‘round. If you want to find a gay friend, try not having sex with them. Good luck with that though ?

Making friends is difficult as an adult especially if you’re, like myself, introvert. I picked up smoking cigarettes years back to become social to an extent. I don’t want a larger circle. Like Bailey said, anyone with a crew of “true friends” that’s more than 5 deep isn’t realistic. As an adult, that just doesn’t seem feasible.

I'm not though :lol: but again, maybe its the medium I meet some people. People talk about wanting friendship or fun, we may meet and I'm not attracted to them but they are cool as fuck. So I'm happy to be platonic and hang out. However, they're attracted to me and being "just friends" is an issue. I don't go to gay bars but I can imagine its a similar thing (cuz if you do end up speaking to people, its normally initiated on outward appearance).

That somewhat surprises me?!

• Upvote 1

That's a fuck friend, not a platonic friend. And if they drugs (dunno what kind) you're probably better off without them in your life. 

honey all I can say is a pipe came out one day and its pretty much been me staying away....so fucked up, he and I were having fun, but fuck I thought it was odd he wanted me to come over and then leave as soon as I got off, he wanted both pipes :)

I'm not though :lol: but again, maybe its the medium I meet some people. People talk about wanting friendship or fun, we may meet and I'm not attracted to them but they are cool as fuck. So I'm happy to be platonic and hang out. However, they're attracted to me and being "just friends" is an issue. I don't go to gay bars but I can imagine its a similar thing (cuz if you do end up speaking to people, its normally initiated on outward appearance).

That somewhat surprises me?!

I think it’s the medium AND society. Men and women can’t be friends unless one is homosexual... same applies to two gay men (not two gay women bc women can be friends with anyone without having sex). Gay bars/clubs are full of drama and HS shit that I don’t want to associate myself with in my city. I would go to a gay bar if I were visiting another city but as long as there’s no cover charge

It kinda works.. for me it has. You have at least ten minutes to hang around that person, get to know em, ask em questions, etc. Borrow their lighter and strike a convo. I’m not social or approachable and I’m okay with that  

• Upvote 1

I think it’s the medium AND society. Men and women can’t be friends unless one is homosexual... same applies to two gay men (not two gay women bc women can be friends with anyone without having sex). Gay bars/clubs are full of drama and HS shit that I don’t want to associate myself with in my city. I would go to a gay bar if I were visiting another city but as long as there’s no cover charge

It kinda works.. for me it has. You have at least ten minutes to hang around that person, get to know em, ask em questions, etc. Borrow their lighter and strike a convo. I’m not social or approachable and I’m okay with that  

I notice the gay guys I do know want to be at dive bars or at least the ones that are age appropriate, they don't do the gay bar thing, which is fine, I kinda hate the gay bars and its very very rare Im in one....maybe its the guys, maybe we cannot be friends

Edited by Bailey.

So then really, the problem is MEN! I have been thinking about so much recently and I think its kinda sad. It makes wonder about the whole gay life and if its something I wanna be a part of. I think a straight woman would be happy to be platonic friends with a dude, but there is always the chance the dude will wanna bone them.

You don't wanna change that or you just completely accept it?

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 1

plus I think it all depends on the quality of people available in your city, I think Detroit had a huge exodus back in 2008, and I know a lot of folks got out of here, so whats left isn't all that, I just didn't know drugs would be an issue at this level ....Aaron told me "this is not the norm" I thought it was his buddies pipe, I didn't even know what was in it, crystal meth, and the next time I see him he brings the pipe out, so Im like ...umm okay so that's yours :unsure:

So then really, the problem is MEN! I have been thinking about so much recently and I think its kinda sad. It makes wonder about the whole gay life and if its something I wanna be a part of. I think a straight woman would be happy to be platonic friends with a dude, but there is always the chance the dude will wanna bone them.

You don't wanna change that or you just completely accept it?

I have a wonderful article for you to read, albeit it is a bit long but it really hits home with me.

http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/gay-loneliness/

• Upvote 1

plus I think it all depends on the quality of people available in your city, I think Detroit had a huge exodus back in 2008, and I know a lot of folks got out f here, so whats left isn't all that, I just didn't know drugs would be an issue at this level ....Aaron told me "this is not the norm" I thought it was his buddies pipe, I didn't even know what was in it, crystal meth, and the next time I see him he brings the pipe out, so Im like ...umm okay so that's yours :unsure:

Every city has shitty drug users

Why tf are you hanging out with Meth-heads? :umm: 

If anyone of my friends said “yo I do meth/crack/blow/Molly” I would be like DEUCES.

Well yeah men are always the problem.

What’s this “gay life” you speak of?  

You just gotta find you a straight man to be friends with. That could be difficult if you are flamboyant. 

And no. Don’t let women fool you. They get horny too. The relationship just doesn’t work 70% of the time. 

• Upvote 2

^^ you are missing data here, when we met we had hung out quite a bit and he hid that from me, which is why I stated he asked me to leave several times because he didn't want me to know what he was doing, and eventually it came out, he said it wasn't the norm and he had a friend over so I assumed it was his stuff didn't know until the last time I saw Aaron the pipe is his <_<

Every city has shitty drug users

Why tf are you hanging out with Meth-heads? :umm: 

If anyone of my friends said “yo I do meth/crack/blow/Molly” I would be like DEUCES.

You just gotta find you a straight man to be friends with. That could be difficult if you are flamboyant. 

And no. Don’t let women fool you. They get horny too. The relationship just doesn’t work 70% of the time. 

wait women wont work either? :unsure: I just want someone to chill with and go to nice restaurants, that's all I did with Aaron, well and get sucked ...he knows how to suck some pipe

wait women wont work either? :unsure: I just want someone to chill with and go to nice restaurants, that's all I did with Aaron, well and get sucked ...he knows how to suck some pipe

You’re not straight. Women are your best option

Yeah.. a meth pipe and god knows what else. 

Quality over quantity 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

I know a guy that said he started fucking his best friend, and I thought wow, that is odd, and he even admitted it was awkward at first but they got pass that. Then he tells me he lives with his ex, and the ex and him co-own the house but the ex refuses to sell. Oh and the ex works from home...Im like this is all too much :sigh:

Quality over quantity 

I have a feeling there is a great deal more I don't know, and at this point I have stayed away after I ran out, he kinda freaked me out and then he stopped calling, my only issue is this dude lives all of 200 feet away and I know when hes home and he knows when Im not, thankfully we work opposite shifts

Quality over quantity 

all the women wanna fuck me.....well most :shifty: Im screwed in this life :cry:  I just wanted someone around, he's an extrovert Im and introvert it worked in public he talks his ass off and he's goodlooking Italian think head of hair, age appropriate...but drugs is where I cut ties

Edited by Bailey.

all the women wanna fuck me.....well most :shifty: Im screwed in this life :cry:

Uhhh women can’t fuck gay men :umm: Who cares what they want. What you want is a friend, shopping buddy, wedding date. 

I have a feeling there is a great deal more I don't know, and at this point I have stayed away after I ran out, he kinda freaked me out and then he stopped calling, my only issue is this dude lives all of 200 feet away and I know when hes home and he knows when Im not, thankfully we work opposite shifts

I hope you have an alarm on your house 

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

Uhhh women can’t fuck gay men :umm: Who cares what they want. What you want is a friend, shopping buddy, wedding date. 

I hope you have an alarm on your house 

I don't know what to think about that, he didn't know where I lived for a minute he always had me over his place before we went somewhere, now its like okay now what? I have lots of TV to catch up on...there really isn't anything of huge value in my place except my laptop that's costly the other stuff is just nice shit....I hope it doesn't go there. He has two cats so hes got more to lose than me :coffee:

I don't know what to think about that, he didn't know where I lived for a minute he always had me over his place before we went somewhere, now its like okay now what? I have lots of TV to catch up on...there really isn't anything of huge value in my place except my laptop that's costly the other stuff is just nice shit....I hope it doesn't go there. He has two cats so hes got more to lose than me :coffee:

Two cats he stole from another house ?? jk jk

• Upvote 1

I have a wonderful article for you to read, albeit it is a bit long but it really hits home with me.

http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/articles/en/gay-loneliness/

I will def read the article later...as depressing it seems it maybe -_-

Yeah crystal meth is my addict friends drug of choice...he is quite messed up at the moment. Stay out of the vicious cycle.

Edited by vibeology
  • Upvote 1

I know a guy that said he started fucking his best friend, and I thought wow, that is odd, and he even admitted it was awkward at first but they got pass that. Then he tells me he lives with his ex, and the ex and him co-own the house but the ex refuses to sell. Oh and the ex works from home...Im like this is all too much :sigh:

I live with an ex...we were together around 2004/2005 (partly why Damita Jo resonates with me, especially Thinkin Bout My Ex -_-). He annoys me a lot and we have not touched each other within the year 1.5 years we've lived together...he still may have feelings for me though. We barely talk. But right now, all that matters is keeps paying me my rent.

• Upvote 1

Being with dudes...it feels...unfulfilling, no balance...everything needs balance.

I know women get horny...they just seem better at controlling their pussies then men and their dicks. I think they would be much better at handling a platonic male/female relationship than a male.

• Upvote 1

Being with dudes...it feels...unfulfilling, no balance...everything needs balance.

I know women get horny...they just seem better at controlling their pussies then men and their dicks. I think they would be much better at handling a platonic male/female relationship than a male.

You can also not have sex with them

Not all women. 

• Upvote 1