#JJ12-Early Expectations/Speculations???

Lenzo88

20 hours ago, State of the Game said:

Unbreakable lacked edge? 

It was classic Janet.. you couldn’t get more classic than Unbreakable

What kind of edge did you want? 

You are right. I love Unbreakable because it pretty much touches back on different albums throughout her career while still covering new ground. 

No Sleeep reminds me of The Velvet Rope.

2 B Loved reminds me of 20 Y.O.

Take Me Away reminds me of All For You.

Night reminds me of janet.

But the overall feel is current, wise, grown, and sexy.

19 hours ago, John.... said:

can we get some Rocknet?  I'm just saying she slays in that area sending up prayers she at least has some tracks in  development with that "Trust A Try" thinking :wub:

Yessss! What I enjoy most is how much they use the guitar during the live arrangements. I prefer much of her songs live than in the studio.

6 minutes ago, Kishi said:

You are right. I love Unbreakable because it pretty much touches back on different albums throughout her career while still covering new ground. 

No Sleeep reminds me of The Velvet Rope.

2 B Loved reminds me of 20 Y.O.

Take Me Away reminds me of All For You.

Night reminds me of janet.

But the overall feel is current, wise, grown, and sexy.

Yessss! What I enjoy most is how much they use the guitar during the live arrangements. I prefer much of her songs live than in the studio.

Bingo.. but it’s still fresh and holds its own... All of the songs belong on Unbreakable... I can’t see any song being placed on a previous album (much like any songs from her classics) yet it still has that Janet signature sound unlike the previous three albums

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Horny Braxton said:

Sounding current ≠ edgy though just saying. 

actually that can back fire this is the first album JT has put out that I dont give a fuck about and one reason is some of it was designed to sound current

Alicia's star power has declined, so I don't see how she could 'arguably' be bigger than Bruno, and no one would expect a Madonna collaboration from her. Then again, maybe the source was just off in their analysis.

1 hour ago, J. said:

Alicia's star power has declined, so I don't see how she could 'arguably' be bigger than Bruno, and no one would expect a Madonna collaboration from her. Then again, maybe the source was just off in their analysis.

She lost that long ago... before her talentless show judging 

1 hour ago, oxmo said:

I did read everything but why all of you are expecting a duet with Rihanna ?

who said that? 

I don’t mind a duet with riri or even with Alicia keys they are both talented 

Someone spilled info that Janet would be releasing some music with another artist that isn't Beyonce or Childish-Gambino, and arguably bigger than Bruno Mars, and you'd expect this artist to work with Madonna before Janet

So everyone's being trying to figure out who it is.

Someone DID say it's Rihanna and H.E.R because Janet did see her on tour recently in the U.K and Rihanna is working with H.E.R as well

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

Someone spilled info that Janet would be releasing some music with another artist that isn't Beyonce or Childish-Gambino, and arguably bigger than Bruno Mars, and you'd expect this artist to work with Madonna before Janet

Oh ok ... thanks ? 

26 minutes ago, oxmo said:

relevant or not , it’s doesn’t mean much... just the quality of the song matter ... 

Right. And Alicia sucks soooo ??‍♂️

13 minutes ago, StateOfTheWorld said:

So everyone's being trying to figure out who it is.

Someone DID say it's Rihanna and H.E.R because Janet did see her on tour recently in the U.K and Rihanna is working with H.E.R as well

H.E.R. isn’t bigger than Bruno

HER is an upcoming artist who is also  writing for Rihanna and Janet is a fan.

It doesn’t take more than 2 brain cells to read between the lines and see that I was trying to explain to Oxomo the link between Janet Rihanna and HER and why someone would think it's Rihanna.

Stop being so combative and argumentative