Everybody on the floor

Kaleidoscope Eyes

I can so do without this song being in her catalog. I cringe when she puts it in her setlist for tours, juss not tour worthy and the audience never seems to connect with that song much

I so damn agree! I never cared for this song or the dancing. All the non released songs were better than the songs she released as singles. Why she never put out R&B Junkie will always be a mystery to me. She could've at least added it to the setlist but oh well.

I love it and I always will! its kinda like a sequel to Throb.

I think she feels obliged to perform it because its one of her most recent dance singles

All thats definitely true. And she clearly loves performing it, like I love her energy performing it like she goes in on it, and it always shows on her face. And part of my love of it is the way she performs it.

• Upvote 5

I so damn agree! I never cared for this song or the dancing. All the non released songs were better than the songs she released as singles. Why she never put out R&B Junkie will always be a mystery to me. She could've at least added it to the setlist but oh well.

PREACH ! PREACH! PREACH! She literally released the medicore songs over the more single-worthy shit. But as far as R&B Junkie, she intended to release it as a first single but radio (stupidly) started playing the horrible as JALW and that why Virgin and Janet had to switch gears and follow suit. The project was strategically handled in the WRONG WAY

• Upvote 1

Ppl on here actually like that song live? Wow.. soooooo disposable it ain't even funny. The audience never gets into that song. 

And? I like it. Don't care about the audience, I am there for Janet. Most of them just want to sit down anyways. 

• Upvote 1

the shade paid to Damita Jo is terrible. Now Damita Jo is not the most cohesive album, BUT as any Janet album, there are gems to be heard. "Island Life" is a beautiful track that thumps and keeps the rhythm smooth and laid out. "Spending Time With You" is another gem cut to precision quality, glad she's performing both songs on tour

• Upvote 5

the shade paid to Damita Jo is terrible. Now Damita Jo is not the most cohesive album, BUT as any Janet album, there are gems to be heard. "Island Life" is a beautiful track that thumps and keeps the rhythm smooth and laid out. "Spending Time With You" is another gem cut to precision quality, glad she's performing both songs on tour

I’m glad someone said it. There are multiple gems but as a whole, DJ is in her bottom 5

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

And? I like it. Don't care about the audience, I am there for Janet. Most of them just want to sit down anyways. 

? Sir, I didnt say the audience not receiving it well should dictate to whether you should like it or not. My point of mentioning the audience uninterested demeanor says to me why it simply shouldn't be apart of her setlist, furthermore it wasn't even a hit. Its not a "must have" in her huge catalog of songs for a show. That's  my point and That's MY opinion. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Downvote 1

PREACH ! PREACH! PREACH! She literally released the medicore songs over the more single-worthy shit. But as far as R&B Junkie, she intended to release it as a first single but radio (stupidly) started playing the horrible as JALW and that why Virgin and Janet had to switch gears and follow suit. The project was strategically handled in the WRONG WAY

They played JALW because that's the song they were sent. :lol: They didn't magically get demo CDs of JAWL for no reason. R&B Junkie was never going to be the first single.

• Downvote 1

I liked JALW.  It probably wasn't gonna go down as her most memorable song, it was indeed her most radio friendly. ANDS on the other hand was not catchy and the energy wasn't good at all.  I stand by the opinion the Sexhibition was probably the only song that could have save the album. Most of the rest of the album was pure filler. Though I think R&B Junkie, All love and I Want You were highlights.

They played JALW because that's the song they were sent. :lol: They didn't magically get demo CDs of JAWL for no reason. R&B Junkie was never going to be the first single.

Um...who doesn't know the back story by now??? We have discussed this on this board a BILLION times.. ??? It had already been revealed by janet's team yearssssss ago that radio started spinning JALW even tho it was not intended on being a "first single"..only a buzz single ... R&B Junkie was always intended on being the first single cause they were tryna follow the "All For You" song formula and release a song that was a catchy r&b tune with pop appeal. But soon as they were shaping up to release and shoot a vid for "R&B Junkie" ..JALW kinda took off so they switched gears and decided to follow what radio was doing with the song.. 

Very very similar to the Aaliyah situation. "Rock The Boat" was NOT suppose to be Aaliyah's second single after "We Need A Resolution" . "More Than A Woman" was already voted to be the follow up single, hence to why they had already shot the video for it way before she shot the video for "Rock The Boat". Radio got wind of the "Rock The Boat" track..and started playing it ..and it started catching on...so Virgin and Aaliyah's team had to pull the "More Than A Woman" release and switch gears and follow radio and release "Rock The Boat" video. That's why that video was such a rush to get done.. cus they were tryna catch up with the momentum that was building and shaping up for the airplay of the song

• Upvote 1

ANDS was Janet mimicking what was popular at the time...if memory serves me correctly 'Hey Mama' by BEP and 'Pon De Replay' by Rihanna were great dance hits that served as instructions for DJ's and dancers on what to do at a club when the song came on...Janet trying to put her own spin on said songs came up with ANDS and I think it works when I put it in the context in which it was created. 

Is it her best song...no!...Is it her best dance song... absolutely not! Is it a funky little bop that gets amplified by the choreography and showcases Janet's skill as a dancer/performer...you better fuckin believe it! That's why it's on the setlist and you basic hoes will have to deal.

• Upvote 6