New Song? (VIDEO)

Dal

I don't know that I trust this & although it's decent it feels very dated & George Michael. I'd like to see Janet head in a different directions. I'd LOVE to see Janet tackle a vibe as big as Lemon. I always wanted to see her actually get something that moves with Pharrell. I know they did Ruff but something that makes the album and hits!

• Downvote 1

I'm not here for that song but I love that Janet works with other producers. Hell her last top 20 hit came from another producer "Feedback". I also love that 2 of my top 10 jams from Janet period came from other producers. "SloLove" and "Rock With U".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm not here for that song but I love that Janet works with other producers. Hell her last top 20 hit came from another producer "Feedback". I also love that 2 of my top 10 jams from Janet period came from other producers. "SloLove" and "Rock With U".

RWU being in your top 10 is weird. It’s her worst single to date

Janet isn’t Janet when she works with other producers 

I think its like so many "songs" Janet and many other artists get plenty of producers pitching something to them....they can say "hey Janet I made this for you so its a Janet song" :filenails:

That’s literally Discipline in a nut shell too

They make attempted to recreate her (and failed) or they pretend she’s her brother, which is worse

• Upvote 1

Nah plenty more songs in her catalog that can't touch Rock With U. Make Me sucks, Nothing, and more. In the other thread about All Nite weren't you just saying how bad Just A Little While was? I even think "I Want You" is bad. Janet's "ooo ooo ooo oooo ooo oooooo"s in "Rock With U" sound better than anything in all those other songs :lol: 

Nah, that accolade belongs to Nothing.

OMG yes! That song is horrible and forgettable. Plenty of other songs way worse than "Rock With U" but everyone who i've let listen to it likes it. That funky groovy beat just makes you wanna groove to it. That's why L.A. Reid wanted to release it as the 2nd single. At the listening party it got great reaction. Is that you in your pic? 

Edited by JoeJoe

you stoopid.. RWU is by far NOT her worst single to date.. remember Nothing? Or Whoops Now? Or Call On Me? Or hell even SOAG..?

i actually like RWU quite a bit.. and you must remember that right around the same time it was released as a single was the same time that Ne-Yo’s Closer was released also.. both very similar tracks and one became a huge hit while the other never did anything.. I believe if she either wasn’t an older woman at the time, or if she hadn’t been banned from radio for so long by that point that RWU would’ve been another success for her..at least Top 40 as FB had just previously finally gotten her back into the Top 20 (should’ve easily been #1 but wuttyagunado)..

• Upvote 3

you stoopid.. RWU is by far NOT her worst single to date.. remember Nothing? Or Whoops Now? Or Call On Me? Or hell even SOAG..?

i actually like RWU quite a bit.. and you must remember that right around the same time it was released as a single was the same time that Ne-Yo’s Closer was released also.. both very similar tracks and one became a huge hit while the other never did anything.. I believe if she either wasn’t an older woman at the time, or if she hadn’t been banned from radio for so long by that point that RWU would’ve been another success for her..at least Top 40 as FB had just previously finally gotten her back into the Top 20 (should’ve easily been #1 but wuttyagunado)..

Definitely top ten worst singles yet top 20 best videos :lol: 

Closer came out that same year and was 2048x better (obviously). Y’all high af if you thought RWU would be anything than it was if Janet was in her 20s. 

FB is not #1 quality. I’m not sure how it got to Top 20 but bless it’s heart 

Edited by State of the Game

Nah plenty more songs in her catalog that can't touch Rock With U. Make Me sucks, Nothing, and more. In the other thread about All Nite weren't you just saying how bad Just A Little While was? I even think "I Want You" is bad. Janet's "ooo ooo ooo oooo ooo oooooo"s in "Rock With U" sound better than anything in all those other songs :lol: 

OMG yes! That song is horrible and forgettable. Plenty of other songs way worse than "Rock With U" but everyone who i've let listen to it likes it. That funky groovy beat just makes you wanna groove to it. That's why L.A. Reid wanted to release it as the 2nd single. At the listening party it got great reaction. Is that you in your pic? 

JALW was at least written by Janet but equally bad. IWY is meh. I do love the live vocals I snatched 13 years ago but nah. It’s not single worthy

LA Reid was wrong in releasing that song. Luv was 100x better but whatever. Discipline, along with the two prior, are in Janet’s Bottom Five favorite albums

Edited by State of the Game
  • Upvote 1

Closer came out that same year and was 2048x better (obviously). Y’all high af if you thought RWU would be anything than it was if Janet was in her 20s. 

fine whatever I’d agree it’s probably in her lower half of single sure.. but I still think it could’ve played way better than it ultimately did.. those harmonies alone bro, smooth as butter, and catchy as hell too.. I liked Closer also so it’s coo..

but as for feedback, I highly (and yes I’m lit af rn) disagree.. 

FEEDBACK had Hot 100 #1 written ALLLL over it.. it was as close to a perfect dance/pop/radio song that has ever existed.. there are some “hooks” in that track, it’s like it was written to be a HIT with surgical precision...all of that technically speaking..

in terms of how it sounded, it was current and still sounded inventive.. it had an almost European/foreign vibe to the arrangement that was newer and fresh for the US radio.. it doesn’t even sound dated yet.. guaranteed if Rihanna put that song out it would’ve hit the top..

My feelings as to why it didn’t even make the Top 10 is a couple of things.. the video was lowkey divisive, I loved it, but I know of people saying it was too slow or she should’ve danced from the start.. I remember even since TRL always played like one minute of the videos on the countdown that when FB played they’d almost never actually get to the dance part lol.. 

also, she waited until album release day to perform it when it had already peaked at #19 by then.. of she did only like 2 or 3 tv performances a month leading up to Discipline release then I feel it would’ve pushed FB way higher..

anyway.

i just type a shit ton so I’m bouta hit theis bowl ✌? 

• Upvote 3

EXCUSE ME????? 

SAY WHAT? FB as in "Feedback"???? Not sure how it got to Top 20? ???????? :blink::mellow::mellow:

• Upvote 1

I'm not here for that song but I love that Janet works with other producers. Hell her last top 20 hit came from another producer T". I also love that 2 of my top 10 jams from Janet period came from other producers. "SloLove" and "Rock With U".

Slolove was the first song I thought of where it really worked for her/me...and Feedback. To limit her one set of producers is an injustice to her...obviously they have their magic but it can still work with others. I think Pharrell could work MAGIC with her if given the chance

• Upvote 2

fine whatever I’d agree it’s probably in her lower half of single sure.. but I still think it could’ve played way better than it ultimately did.. those harmonies alone bro, smooth as butter, and catchy as hell too.. I liked Closer also so it’s coo..

but as for feedback, I highly (and yes I’m lit af rn) disagree.. 

FEEDBACK had Hot 100 #1 written ALLLL over it.. it was as close to a perfect dance/pop/radio song that has ever existed.. there are some “hooks” in that track, it’s like it was written to be a HIT with surgical precision...all of that technically speaking..

in terms of how it sounded, it was current and still sounded inventive.. it had an almost European/foreign vibe to the arrangement that was newer and fresh for the US radio.. it doesn’t even sound dated yet.. guaranteed if Rihanna put that song out it would’ve hit the top..

My feelings as to why it didn’t even make the Top 10 is a couple of things.. the video was lowkey divisive, I loved it, but I know of people saying it was too slow or she should’ve danced from the start.. I remember even since TRL always played like one minute of the videos on the countdown that when FB played they’d almost never actually get to the dance part lol.. 

also, she waited until album release day to perform it when it had already peaked at #19 by then.. of she did only like 2 or 3 tv performances a month leading up to Discipline release then I feel it would’ve pushed FB way higher..

anyway.

i just type a shit ton so I’m bouta hit theis bowl ✌? 

Yeah trust me Feedback would've been much higher on the charts but Janet was still partially blacklisted from Radio and she waited too long to perform the single before release. It still almost went platinum so that's saying something.

EXCUSE ME????? 

SAY WHAT? FB as in "Feedback"???? Not sure how it got to Top 20? ???????? :blink::mellow::mellow:

Thank you! Like the beat alone didn't have people wanting to dance. Especially at the clubs when it played everybody was out on the dance floor.

Slolove was the first song I thought of where it really worked for her/me...and Feedback. To limit her one set of producers is an injustice to her...obviously they have their magic but it can still work with others. I think Pharrell could work MAGIC with her if given the chance

Exactly! and to think "All Nite" the only semi-hit from Damita Jo wasn't even produced by Jam and Lewis. I wonder if all the Janet fans who claim to love the song actually know that since some think the album was a mess just because Janet worked with other producers. Feedback was a hit and Jam and Lewis had nothing to do with it. Now that I think about it it seems like Jimmy and Terry kind of kept Janet in a box and she got tired of it and wanted to explore other styles of music that she's been interested in for a long time. With Damita Jo it shows she wasn't afraid to explore and she finally took that chance. I also love "Sexhibition". I'm sure SloLove would've been a hit overseas. Thanks to Scott Storch and BAG & Arnthor we got good songs like "Island Life" and "SloLove". Sad to think if it were up to Jimmy those tracks would probably never exist simply because he didn't wanna share the studio with other producers.