Discipline photoshoot – NEW OUTTAKES

feehgarcia

Conceptually, discipline was very strong. Imagine if Jj&TL had executive produced it...but would we have Unbreakable?

No. Janet would have actually picked up a pen and wrote about something  

But really... we would not have gotten Unbreakable in 2008. Janet was still with JD so it would have been waaaay different in terms of context. Not even the name 

Conceptually, discipline was very strong. Imagine if Jj&TL had executive produced it...but would we have Unbreakable?

There was no concept to Discipline. There were just songs & to make it SEEM like there was a concept she basically would use the definition of discipline to sell it. 

I don't think the album was bad though but it didn't have a concept 

• Upvote 4

It had a concept. Albeit they weren't in the songs. Janet said she's been in the business since she was a child and it took a lot of discipline.

That’s concept doesn’t correlate with the actual piece of art

That’s equivalent to Apple saying they started from the bottom and now they’re here and that inspired the iTrashCan 

• 4 weeks later...

Well a fan years ago gave a synopsis of the album and how it has a concept. I forgot all of what he said but i'll say it best as I can remember. She starts off with feedback about a guy she's been thinking about, then luv she ends up catching butterflies for this guy even though she tried to put it off. Rollercoaster is her feeling for him goes up and down cause just as much as she's in love she still can't make up her mind about him. Rock With U she runs into him at the club and she wants to rock with him on the dance floor. 2nite is after the club and the head home together and do what they do. Can't B Good is her waking up to him smiling back at her. Even though he seems like the one she's still debating with herself over what happend. She's totally into him but knows what happened the last time she felt like this for someone. She made a promise to herself she wouldn't do this to herself again cause last time she got hurt really bad but she broke the promise to herself and it just "Can't B Good". The rest I can kinda put together but the album closes with "Curtains" as a well....curtain call lol

54 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Well a fan years ago gave a synopsis of the album and how it has a concept. I forgot all of what he said but i'll say it best as I can remember. She starts off with feedback about a guy she's been thinking about, then luv she ends up catching butterflies for this guy even though she tried to put it off. Rollercoaster is her feeling for him goes up and down cause just as much as she's in love she still can't make up her mind about him. Rock With U she runs into him at the club and she wants to rock with him on the dance floor. 2nite is after the club and the head home together and do what they do. Can't B Good is her waking up to him smiling back at her. Even though he seems like the one she's still debating with herself over what happend. She's totally into him but knows what happened the last time she felt like this for someone. She made a promise to herself she wouldn't do this to herself again cause last time she got hurt really bad but she broke the promise to herself and it just "Can't B Good". The rest I can kinda put together but the album closes with "Curtains" as a well....curtain call lol

Thats a shit concept but cute synopsis 

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, JoeJoe said:

Well erm, maybe :unsure: considering its after Cant Be Good that the album become becomes unlistenable for me.

I often forget about Cant Be Good and that it was a single of sorts...very underappreciated gem.

• Upvote 1