Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
janetDAYZ

LONELY vs I GET LONELY

Which speaks to you more?   

14 members have voted

  1. 1. Which "Lonely" does it for you??

    • I Get Lonely
      7
    • Lonely
      7


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, State of the Game said:

Sales don’t matter 🙃 bc if that were the casE IGL would be winning by a landslide in this thread and it’s not. It’s losing to a filler track that Janet didn’t even bother writing, releasing and/or performing 

My dear, the only reason it was brought up cus you made it like IGL "saved" TVR... By "saved" you were implying sales or nah? Cus in what other ways could IGL have "saved" such a masterpiece body of work. I don't even think you know what you meant by saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

My dear, the only reason it was brought up cus you made it like IGL "saved" TVR... By "saved" you were implying sales or nah? Cus in what other ways could IGL have "saved" such a masterpiece body of work. I don't even think you know what you meant by saved.

No. By “saved” I was not implying sales at all since TA is her top selling single on that album 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2017 at 8:17 PM, State of the Game said:

IGL > TA 

fight me 

I agree but TA saved TVR and I still will never understand how it was the most successful single in her career with 6 million sold worldwide. I never cared for the original version but the the remixes >>>>>>>>>>>>> original version. Maybe that's why it sold so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I agree but TA saved TVR and I still will never understand how it was the most successful single in her career with 6 million sold worldwide. I never cared for the original version but the the remixes >>>>>>>>>>>>> original version. Maybe that's why it sold so much

That was probably how.

Three different versions not including club remixes.. it’s a great song but personally, I can’t relate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TA was never my most favorite Janet song but I have a new (profound) appreciation for the song and it shouldn't be a surprise as to why it's her best selling single. It's really not rocket science :blink: It's a straight up, colorful, vibrant, upbeat,universal, feel good song. The reaction of the crowd for that song was light years ahead of the reaction of ANY other song  Janet performed on the SOTW tour. I get it now. It actually has stood the test of time,surprisingly more so than "All For You" which sounded so dated live. This tour really opened my eyes in a new way to Janet's overall catalog, it's hard to explain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, State of the Game said:

Most of Janet’s song stands the test of time including AFY and most songs from that album. 

No A4U sounded dated af. And I wouldnt say "most" .. any 80s music for example is gonna have dated qualities to it because of the technology and how they made music back then... Hell we've all agreed that the RN album sounds dated. It sounds classic but not current...there's a difference. TA sounds current..it hasn't aged at all.. all of Janet's records cant claim this.. that goes for any artist who been out for 2 decades or more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janetDAYZ said:

No A4U sounded dated af. And I wouldnt say "most" .. any 80s music for example is gonna have dated qualities to it because of the technology and how they made music back then... Hell we've all agreed that the RN album sounds dated. It sounds classic but not current...there's a difference. TA sounds current..it hasn't aged at all.. all of Janet's records cant claim this.. that goes for any artist who been out for 2 decades or more 

RN doesn’t sound dated at all imo in comparison to her brother or Madonna’s late-80s music 

i disagree that AFY (song & album) sounds dated. Maybe it’s the sample she uses but other than that it’s still fresh imo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, State of the Game said:

RN doesn’t sound dated at all imo in comparison to her brother or Madonna’s late-80s music 

i disagree that AFY (song & album) sounds dated. Maybe it’s the sample she uses but other than that it’s still fresh imo 

You're telling me a song like  "Miss You Much" doesn't sound dated? The whole New Jack Swing was a specific sound during an era that lasted from the late 80s to the early 90s... I find it extremely hard to believe that RN with the heavy industrial/ new jack swing production sounds "fresh" to you. :blink:

 

I said "All For You" the song sounded dated this time around on tour...the album, no so much ..it's aged fairly well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I'm late to this -- of couse "Lonely", a lush beautiful ballad. Her vocals are rightly understated and haunting.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×