2017, how was your year ?

Bailey

actually 2017 wasn't bad, I again didn't meet anyone worth keeping, but I did get a huge raise, a new Jeep, upgraded a lot of "stuff" in all I'm alive, I guess the thing for me is not having the close relationships with folks I would like to see but it simply isn't easy. I've come across too young, too drugged out and shit I don't fuck with ....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I feel like it FLEW by. It was good, I think I grew a shit ton this year. I quit smoking which I am extremely proud of and I feel like I am getting closer to my goals and the person I want to be. I turned 29 and feel more comfortable in my own skin, more self assured. I feel that I've been able to focus in more on important things like family and letting little stuff go (most of the time). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Huge raise and promotion and now on the companies bonus plan so I could end up making 6 figures now depending how bonuses go down.  Won a free $4000 bed from the local furniture store in the Astros winning promotion.  And I never win anything so that was awesome.  Still have a job for now even though Oil industry jobs are in constant shaky ground the last couple years.  Making sure I focused on savings and being prudent with investments.

Survived Harvey didn't take too much damage personally.  But I did donate a lot to charity this year because a lot of people needed a lot of help locally and in the country in general.

Became much more woke politically, and active this year donating and being far more informed on what is going on in the country.  I just feel like a lot of us are too blasé about things in general and not having our voices heard as we should.

Overall I can't complain too much.  And next year their are definitely targets and goals I would like to continue to work towards.  Hopefully make way for more personal goals next year since last couple years have been professional goals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This year went by fast, I've been working so much I don't have a proper work life balance, most of my time is spent either working or sleeping to go back to it. Its good to hear that some of you are attaining your goals, whether personal or professional. I think the idea is that we evolve into better versions of ourselves, it could always be worse some people never change

1 minute ago, Amy said:

Better than last year, but you all beat me hands down.

I noticed nobody mentioned seeing Janet as a highlight of the year :rolleyes:

Actually that is a highlight I just hadn't thought of it, its an entire year of events to recall and this thread was an idea I had to post but the board went down, I wanted to give people more time to reflect

12 minutes ago, Amy said:

Better than last year, but you all beat me hands down.

I noticed nobody mentioned seeing Janet as a highlight of the year :rolleyes:

well there's gotta be more to your year, this shouldn't be about beating one another, if that's the case Kidfresh earns twice as much as me