The Trailer for Justin Timberlake's 'Man of the Woods' Album Is Here and It's Very Earthy

kidfresh832

Just now, State of the Game said:

He was releasing regardless (five year period thing he’s on). He really thought this album was solid.. he reunited with Pharrell for this album. This is what they made together and it’s terrible

He failed by promoting it as a “country album” then reverse that scheme after he released his first two singles which weren’t country at all.

Then he doubled down stating that this album isn’t a country album.. despite the country photo shoots. 

This era exploded in his face and now, post-Super Bowl... his career will suffer

I understand that he would be releasing "soon" but I don't blame him for doing it around the SB..great promotion or whatnot..but this music didn't resonate at all..such a confusing era. 

I usually like him and Pharell together, but this wasn't magical.  Like I've seen several of yall say, it lacks substance. 

1 minute ago, hotboy06 said:

I understand that he would be releasing "soon" but I don't blame him for doing it around the SB..great promotion or whatnot..but this music didn't resonate at all..such a confusing era. 

I usually like him and Pharell together, but this wasn't magical.  Like I've seen several of yall say, it lacks substance. 

The music didn’t resonate because the music is shit

Pharrell and JT hasn’t worked together since Justified(?) due to some feud Pharrell had with RCA. 

20 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

He was releasing regardless (five year period thing he’s on). He really thought this album was solid.. he reunited with Pharrell for this album. This is what they made together and it’s terrible

He failed by promoting it as a “country album” then reverse that scheme after he released his first two singles which weren’t country at all.

Then he doubled down stating that this album isn’t a country album.. despite the country photo shoots. 

This era exploded in his face and now, post-Super Bowl... his career will suffer

Were you as disappointed in his SB performance? 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

It was lackluster but I enjoyed the music 

I enjoyed the music as well, mostly because his band sounded amazing.. but what made it lackluster in your opinion as a serious JT cocksu— err, I mean fan..? ? 

8 minutes ago, Dal said:

I enjoyed the music as well, mostly because his band sounded amazing.. but what made it lackluster in your opinion as a serious JT cocksu— err, I mean fan..? ? 

I’d swallow his second child if I was given the opportunity

JT isn’t the greatest performer.  Like he doesn’t kill the stage like P!nk

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, State of the Game said:

JT isn’t the greatest performer.  Like he doesn’t kill the stage like P!nk

I’ve noticed... that dance break after Cry Me A River was pretty cringeworthy to watch.. and weirdly his dancers were killing it but JT just looked like someone’s middle aged dad just trying to keep up..

• Like 1

The last great performance I've witnessed from Justin was when he opened up the VMA's in 2006.  It was great.  I miss that type of energy and performance.

His SB performance wasn't bad by no means.  It was a pop star caliber show.  It just felt empty and he could have performed it at an award show instead of the superbowl.

I'm nitpicking, but you can tell he's just going through the motions.  If I have a chance to see him in concert, I would go though.

1 hour ago, Dal said:

I’ve noticed... that dance break after Cry Me A River was pretty cringeworthy to watch.. and weirdly his dancers were killing it but JT just looked like someone’s middle aged dad just trying to keep up..

.....................................................That's how he always looked in comparison to his backup dancers....like

Related image

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dal said:

:lol: he’s the Dad of Pop. The Pop Father now. 

He wasn’t hitting it but he looked better than Britney :lol: 

21 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

It wasn’t THAT bad... stop :lmao: 

Whenever he tried to go intricate as a dancer he always ends up lookin like he checkin if he dropped some change/weed out his pockets, I SWEAR  whenever I see him dance....I wish I could animate that LOL :lmao: 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

:lol: he’s the Dad of Pop. The Pop Father now. 

He wasn’t hitting it but he looked better than Britney :lol: 

That’s a low muhfkn bar tho... the broom that just fell over in my kitchen pantry can move better than Britney 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Better than Britney today but not Britney-pre breakdown. 

They both have the look on the face when they dance that says "Im trying". Lol Janet & Michael are known for makin hard shit look easier than it is, Justin & Britney both make simple 2 steps look hard as fuck :lmao:

Idk. Britney’s pretty terrible

2 hours ago, Dal said:

That’s a low muhfkn bar tho... the broom that just fell over in my kitchen pantry can move better than Britney 

Fuck you :lmao::lmao: 

• Upvote 1

Had tons of promo and a Superbowl halftime show. *ssss* Ow!

On the latest Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Feb. 17), Justin Timberlake’s Man of the Woods bowed at No. 1 with 293,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Feb. 8, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 242,000 were in traditional album sales. Man of the Woods marks Timberlake’s fourth No. 1 album.

giphy.gif