The Trailer for Justin Timberlake's 'Man of the Woods' Album Is Here and It's Very Earthy

kidfresh832

Let me be on my Keenu Reeves right quick and play Devils Advocate...some people in here are going hard on Justin calling him a culture vulture but I see them praise Christina Aguilera And Bruno Mars ?....How Sway?! If y'all mad at him because he exposed Janet's titty and almost ended her career THATS fine..I get it but let's no talk about people stealing from black culture because that is problematic as fuck.

End

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

Let me be on my Keenu Reeves right quick and play Devils Advocate...some people in here are going hard on Justin calling him a culture vulture but I see them praise Christina Aguilera And Bruno Mars ?....How Sway?! If y'all mad at him because he exposed Janet's titty and almost ended her career THATS fine..I get it but let's no talk about people stealing from black culture because that is problematic as fuck.

End

that may be but you went off topic onto a tangent there are plenty of culture vultures the talk as far as Im concerned is Justin is given a pass here to play the SB that aint right

14 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

End

Um Mr. Hernandez & Ms. Aguilera are both latino & woke on black music roots & struggles, Justins neither. Thats how. For a more detailed analysis....

25 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

you cannot deny he left Janet out to dry, now I can say we as Janet fans should move on as she has, but you cant erase that mistake no matter how you slice it

Yeah. Anyone in his shoes would to save their buzzing career but again... Janet being treated “unfairly” isn’t his problem.

You can’t expect JT to step in and be like “yo... play Janet’s shitty singles on your radio station”. 

JT was not and is not a savior. Janet is in control, no? 

37 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

End

According to Jarryl.. Xtina & Bruno aren’t white so... despite the fact that Xtina didn’t grow up poor and her mother was white.

despite the fact that Xtina grew up in the Mickey Mouse Club...alongside JT

Let’s ignore the fact that instead of calling a black woman to do a tribute to Whitney... they called a half-white/half Latina woman ?

Xtina gets a pass bc she’s orange and spins in a chair for a career now 

and no..that’s not racism towards white people at all :coffee: 

Christina is a white woman stahp. She benefits from white features and has a white aesthetic...cut it out. Bruno Mars is not black and he constantly gets a pass....he is a culture vulture to some extent and benefits from being racially ambiguous. Let's not.

If we gonna keep it real let's keep it all the way funky. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

According to Jarryl.. Xtina & Bruno aren’t white so... despite the fact that Xtina didn’t grow up poor and her mother was white.

despite the fact that Xtina grew up in the Mickey Mouse Club...alongside JT

Let’s ignore the fact that instead of calling a black woman to do a contribute to Whitney... they called a half-white/half Latina woman ?

.....Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, & Alicia Keys didnt grow up poor & grew up with white single mothers, and what Christina has in common with them is their mothers brought them up to be proud of their heritage. Also your post kinda implies growing up poor is synonymous with being black no matter what race you are.... or being in the club as if it was all white when they were in it is a jab.

They called Xtina because Whitney cited her as 1 of the best of all time. Thats what mattered 

Christina is a white woman stahp. She benefits from white features and has a white aesthetic...cut it out. Bruno Mars is not black and he constantly gets a pass....he is a culture vulture to some extent and benefits from being racially ambiguous. Let's not.

Kiiiiiiii at you calling her a white woman :lmao: 

You can argue the same about Mariah. Lets get all the way funky with it. You & everyone else misinformed about Bruno would have a point if the boy didnt speak up & speak out & show hes here for the cause not just the profit.

1 minute ago, jarrylf said:

.....Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, & Alicia Keys didnt grow up poor & grew up with white single mothers, and what Christina has in common with them is their mothers brought them up to be proud of their heritage. Also your post kinda implies growing up poor is synonymous with being black no matter what race you are.... or being in the club as if it was all white when they were in it is a jab.

They called Xtina because Whitney cited her as 1 of the best of all time. Thats what mattered 

All those women you named at least has some black in them at a close relation (grandparent, mother/father)

Xtina’s mother was a white woman and Xtina’s heritage is “European” & Latino/Hispanic soooo I don’t think she’s like the others 

No harm done to Disney. Just waiting on you to admit you don’t like JT simply bc of Janet and not bc he’s a Culture Vulture like your favorites are (Bruno Xtina)

4 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

You can argue the same about Mariah. Lets get all the way funky with it. You & everyone else misinformed about Bruno would have a point if the boy didnt speak up & speak out & show hes here for the cause not just the profit.

Mariah Carey’s father is half black(?)

Xtina’s father is Ecuadorian. Her mother is white. How is she black? Or close to being black? 

20 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

All those women you named at least has some black in them at a close relation (grandparent, mother/father)

Xtina’s mother was a white woman and Xtina’s heritage is “European” & Latino/Hispanic soooo I don’t think she’s like the others 

No harm done to Disney. Just waiting on you to admit you don’t like JT simply bc of Janet and not bc he’s a Culture Vulture like your favorites are (Bruno Xtina)

Um the point was never that Xtina had blackness, it was saying exactly what you mentioned  (being bi-racial with a white mother who wasnt poor), how she is similar is she's biracial and was brought up to acknowledge and appreciate both sides of her heritage.

So you're waiting for me to stop telling the truth and start lying basically. Because I knew Justin was trash since Tearin Up My Heart, before I was a fan of Janet, having to lie and say I dont like him because of Janet directly implies I ever enjoyed his mediocrity before 04. And its only a uneducated opinion that Bruno or Christina are culture vultures. If Bruno is that means all Puerto Ricans & biracial men & women in hip hop & R&B are just as much, and I know too much to just play dumb like that, Im sorry but I  just cant lie. 

17 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Mariah Carey’s father is half black(?)

Xtina’s father is Ecuadorian. Her mother is white. How is she black? Or close to being black? 

Who said tgat she was at all? Context is key, how you can argue the same about Mariah  (who's dad is actually half black & half Venezuelan) benefiting on white features, keep up Game Game.

1 hour ago, Obayifo said:

End

How is Christina a culture vulture when she's actually been praising Blacks and tributing them since she was a child? There's a reason why NO ONE has ever called Christina that so let's not. As for Bruno i've never liked him, he's talented, but he does nothing for me and he's ugly. Justin has been using blacks as his marketing machine since he went solo and the one time he had a chance to help a Black person who was drowning he didn't even throw out a life jacket. I ain't got time. Your analogy was a fail.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The reason why nobody has really said anything about Christina appropriating black culture was because she was never as big as some of her contemporaries. But don't be fooled, there have been discussions on that white hoe.:rolleyes:

And I don't give a whet donkey shit who she tributes at a young age, that Timberlake was on Mike's nuts before he got hair on his balls...so 

Congratulations! You played yourself :rolleyes:

All of your favs are problematic...that's why I only Stan for original prototypes..Janet and Erykah...two very proud black women who changed the game.

Let Justin alone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Color has always been an issue. 

And just to let y'all know white Latina is a thing and black Latina is a thing.

Although I see Christina as a regular run of the mill white woman, I'll give it to you that she is a white Latina. Jlo is also a white Latina...don't believe me...go up to that bitch and call her a black Latina and see if she don't slap the shit out of you :rolleyes:...she is culture vulture adjacent as well.

4 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

Color has always been an issue. 

And just to let y'all know white Latina is a thing and black Latina is a thing.

Although I see Christina as a regular run of the mill white woman, I'll give it to you that she is a white Latina. Jlo is also a white Latina...don't believe me...go up to that bitch and call her a black Latina and see if she don't slap the shit out of you :rolleyes:...she is culture vulture adjacent as well.

adjacent? how many different forms shall this phenomenon take?  I cant with ya'll over Bruno he's brown people okay I don't see him as a culture vulture or whatever the hell you folks are talking about

I'm really just being silly. I get annoyed at the whole appropriating culture discussions, but you can't belittle one artist when your fav is out here doing the exact same thing... only they dress it up better.

I remember loving Gwen Stefani when she came out with LAMB, my visible appreciation of her was met with 'Oh so you're okay with he appropriating Asian culture...she is a culture vulture '..but I didn't understand because when she started the project she said she was heavily influenced by the Harajuku Girl culture..she praised them on every interview but since she made money off of it, she is an appropriating culture bitch. I can't even listen to her album anymore...It makes me feel like a cat in heat stuck in a moving car.-_-

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

.....so Jennifer Lopez......with 2 Puerto Rican parents, who boasts about her Puerto Rican pride (which again extends into hip hop culture).....is also a culture vulture......

Problem is with this discussion all artists used in this discussion under "they do the same as Justin" factually dont, and not a single random name brought up has been comparable to what he does & why its wrong. 

I hate this discussion when people who dont know what appropriating is  try to defend it, because I only have something to say when its that confusion of appropriation (Justin) & appreciation (Bruno), theres a big difference there but has been consistently bunched together by people who dont know. When Bruno combats a BLM discussion with a uneducated ALM stance theyll be more comparable.

55 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

The reason why nobody has really said anything about Christina appropriating black culture was because she was never as big as some of her contemporaries. But don't be fooled, there have been discussions on that white hoe.:rolleyes:

And I don't give a whet donkey shit who she tributes at a young age, that Timberlake was on Mike's nuts before he got hair on his balls...so 

Congratulations! You played yourself :rolleyes:

All of your favs are problematic...that's why I only Stan for original prototypes..Janet and Erykah...two very proud black women who changed the game.

Let Justin alone.

boy bye! Christina was huge right behind Britney. You can stay pressed. Your LIES aren't factual and it's gon remain that Christina was never called a culture vulture and she didn't appropriate black culture. If there were discussions they weren't as much as the discussions made about that pussy known as Justina. BLACKS made that whigga.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

I'm really just being silly. I get annoyed at the whole appropriating culture discussions, but you can't belittle one artist when your fav is out here doing the exact same thing... only they dress it up better.

I remember loving Gwen Stefani when she came out with LAMB, my visible appreciation of her was met with 'Oh so you're okay with he appropriating Asian culture...she is a culture vulture '..but I didn't understand because when she started the project she said she was heavily influenced by the Harajuku Girl culture..she praised them on every interview but since she made money off of it, she is an appropriating culture bitch. I can't even listen to her album anymore...It makes me feel like a cat in heat stuck in a moving car.-_-

you're a fool :lmao:  BUT she did appropriate, the worst offender I can think of was Iggy Azelia