The Trailer for Justin Timberlake's 'Man of the Woods' Album Is Here and It's Very Earthy

kidfresh832

Oooo they so sensitive. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to feel very unwanted and very unappreciated almost like Christina's white genes or Janet after the Super Bowl fiasco. 

what did I do? what did I do? I didn't mean it! It's stoopid! It's stoopid.

*Note: that is the first and last time I will ever quote WDIGM2*-_-

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

How is Christina a culture vulture when she's actually been praising Blacks and tributing them since she was a child? There's a reason why NO ONE has ever called Christina that so let's not. As for Bruno i've never liked him, he's talented, but he does nothing for me and he's ugly. Justin has been using blacks as his marketing machine since he went solo and the one time he had a chance to help a Black person who was drowning he didn't even throw out a life jacket. I ain't got time. Your analogy was a fail.

Oh? So Justin NEVER praised blacks or did a tribute to any of them? :blink: 

The reason is bc she’s not popular anymore 

Justin has been hired by black artists ??‍♂️ he’s all over the A-lister’s most wanted list. From Drake to Jay-Z to Beyoncé. How does that work? JT doesn’t steal airtime 

7 hours ago, Obayifo said:

I'm really just being silly. I get annoyed at the whole appropriating culture discussions, but you can't belittle one artist when your fav is out here doing the exact same thing... only they dress it up better.

I remember loving Gwen Stefani when she came out with LAMB, my visible appreciation of her was met with 'Oh so you're okay with he appropriating Asian culture...she is a culture vulture '..but I didn't understand because when she started the project she said she was heavily influenced by the Harajuku Girl culture..she praised them on every interview but since she made money off of it, she is an appropriating culture bitch. I can't even listen to her album anymore...It makes me feel like a cat in heat stuck in a moving car.-_-

You are such an idiot. :lmao: 

8 hours ago, Obayifo said:

I'm really just being silly. I get annoyed at the whole appropriating culture discussions, but you can't belittle one artist when your fav is out here doing the exact same thing... only they dress it up better.

I remember loving Gwen Stefani when she came out with LAMB, my visible appreciation of her was met with 'Oh so you're okay with he appropriating Asian culture...she is a culture vulture '..but I didn't understand because when she started the project she said she was heavily influenced by the Harajuku Girl culture..she praised them on every interview but since she made money off of it, she is an appropriating culture bitch. I can't even listen to her album anymore...It makes me feel like a cat in heat stuck in a moving car.-_-

I love you 

On 1/5/2018 at 7:02 PM, Obayifo said:

Im so glad the only other person I stan for is Erykah Badu. I never feel the need to defend her...her brilliance speaks for itself and I got my life when she started singing Let's Wait Awhile at the Soul Train Awards...:D

Anywho...carry on...

where is this performance?

11 hours ago, State of the Game said:

According to Jarryl.. Xtina & Bruno aren’t white so... despite the fact that Xtina didn’t grow up poor and her mother was white.

despite the fact that Xtina grew up in the Mickey Mouse Club...alongside JT

Let’s ignore the fact that instead of calling a black woman to do a tribute to Whitney... they called a half-white/half Latina woman ?

Xtina gets a pass bc she’s orange and spins in a chair for a career now 

and no..that’s not racism towards white people at all :coffee: 

I guess you missed when Jennifer Hudson did a tribute to Whitney. Don't get mad cause Black families wanted Xtina to do tribute to their loved ones who passed including Whitney's family. Oh well :)

• Upvote 2

Point is Bruno, Cardi, Christina are ally's & arent appropriators,  Justin is. And how he is and why they arent has been layed out in full already. Stop trying to change the truth & change your understandings. Latinos have been apart of hiphop culture since the beginning, and in Christinas prime she was name dropping long forgotten & underappreciated black Jazz, soul & blues artists that nobody else was, and her spanish roots been showing as loud as her voice since her debut single.

Hes comparable to Bieber, Gwen Stafani,  & Nick Jonas. Stop comparing him to proud biracial Latinos like it's the same as being white and borrowing for a look or sound but stay on the pop fence when shit gets rough & real, cause its not & never has been :coffee:

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Point is Bruno, Cardi, Christina are ally's & arent appropriators,  Justin is. And how he is and why they arent has been layed out in full already. Stop trying to change the truth & change your understandings. Latinos have been apart of hiphop culture since the beginning, and in Christinas prime she was name dropping long forgotten & underappreciated black Jazz, soul & blues artists that nobody else was, and her spanish roots been showing as loud as her voice since her debut single.

Hes comparable to Bieber, Gwen Stafani,  & Nick Jonas. Stop comparing him to proud biracial Latinos like it's the same as being white and borrowing for a look or sound but stay on the pop fence when shit gets rough & real, cause its not & never has been :coffee:

So basically they’re none white therefore they’re allies. That’s a very convenient argument :umm: You can add JLo to that list btw

So White People, except Xtina, are the only race that can’t be inspired or influenced by black culture despite them saying so early in his or her career.... got it

8 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

I guess you missed when Jennifer Hudson did a tribute to Whitney. Don't get mad cause Black families wanted Xtina to do tribute to their loved ones who passed including Whitney's family. Oh well :)

I guess you missed the rest of my paragraph and only focused on the former crackhead of Pop Whitney ??

You guesed right. I don’t care for either JHud or Whitney

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, State of the Game said:

So basically they’re none white therefore they’re allies. That’s a very convenient argument :umm: You can add JLo to that list btw

So White People, except Xtina, are the only race that can’t be inspired or influenced by black culture despite them saying so early in his or her career.... got it

"convenient" but true in this case, and duh, Jennifer Lopez is actually a great example of it, hispanics have been apart of Hip Hop culture since the beginning, its their culture too to certain extents, AND .....Jennifer was a fucking flygirl, she's been about hip hop since then, their allies too because it's apart of their roots too, the struggle & understanding it too.

Well you got it wrong. If you as a artist are a dabbler, and only dabbling in fun little things and only there representing 1 part of a culture, and when it's convenient for them, but not giving any insight or help to the causes, you're an appropriator like Justin and not an appreciator like Eminem. Get that.B)

I'm sorry but... Xtina went through her "ghetto" phase and tanned her skin to look more Latina only when it was convenient for her during the Dirrty era. Once she was done "rebelling" she turned light again. That's worse than anything Justin did. And like Game said, they both had the same origin at the Micky Mouse Club, so Xtina does not have any more "cred" than he does. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm sorry but... Xtina went through her "ghetto" phase and tanned her skin to look more Latina only when it was convenient for her during the Dirrty era. Once she was done "rebelling" she turned light again. That's worse than anything Justin did. And like Game said, they both had the same origin at the Micky Mouse Club, so Xtina does not have any more "cred" than he does. 

Sure she does, because she was doing R&B & Jazz since the very beginning, she's been doing music in Spanish since the very beginning, and most importantly she was speaking up about BB King, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, & Herbie Handcock all throughout her career. Her image she switches up, she appropriated her image being ghetto for 1 era, but she's been R&B/Jazz/Blues/&Spanish and has been a supporter of the BLM movement and has proven to be knowledgeable about music roots, her Spanish ones and hip hop & R&B. Also, she's never countered a BLM discussion with an ALM redirect, so yea she has more than him, she was ghetto for a era but she's been an ally her entire career. (and again there were lots of ethnicities in the club)

Basically your point would be staunch if she ONLY did R&B, Hip Hop & songs in spanish for that 1 era. But she only did being ghetto 1 era.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Sure she does, because she was doing R&B & Jazz since the very beginning, she's been doing music in Spanish since the very beginning, and most importantly she was speaking up about BB King, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, & Herbie Handcock all throughout her career. Her image she switches up, she appropriated her image being ghetto for 1 era, but she's been R&B/Jazz/Blues/&Spanish and has been a supporter of the BLM movement and has proven to be knowledgeable about music roots, her Spanish ones and hip hop & R&B. Also, she's never countered a BLM discussion with an ALM redirect, so yea she has more than him, she was ghetto for a era but she's been an ally her entire career. (and again there were lots of ethnicities in the club)

Basically your point would be staunch if she ONLY did R&B, Hip Hop & songs in spanish for that 1 era. But she only did being ghetto 1 era.

You're reaching hun. She played up her latina roots when it suited her to differentiate herself from Britney Spears and that's all. She could have been a proud Latina with her natural skin color. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

He was the robot dancing in the video.  Its just the motion capture work

I get it but nothing in that clip looked like dancing to me. Picking up something and putting it down. Then pretending to kick a football? smh lol

4 hours ago, State of the Game said:

I guess you missed the rest of my paragraph and only focused on the former crackhead of Pop Whitney ??

You guesed right. I don’t care for either JHud or Whitney

Nah I saw it but I just corrected you on the bullshit you were talking. YOU WERE WRONG :)

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

tenor_zpsxrjpdizk.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Thank you! Some people need to do their research. As if it's against the law to tan. Christina tanned for her "Come On Over" video too. and mind you she did a Spanish album way before her "Stripped" album.  I ain't got time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You're reaching hun. She played up her latina roots when it suited her to differentiate herself from Britney Spears and that's all. She could have been a proud Latina with her natural skin color. 

Image wise what you're saying is true, but factually she's been a proud latina since  her debut single (which she also recorded & released in spanish). Fact she's done more work in spanish and R&B, Jazz & blues in her natural skin color and with her bleach blonde hair than she has the 1 era she was orange.

1 minute ago, JoeJoe said:

Thank you! Some people need to do their research. As if it's against the law to tan. Christina tanned for her "Come On Over" video too. and mind you she did a Spanish album way before her "Stripped" album.  I ain't got time.

AND did that album in her natural skin tone and with bleach blonde hair

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Image wise what you're saying is true, but factually she's been a proud latina since  her debut single (which she also recorded & released in spanish). Fact she's done more work in spanish and R&B, Jazz & blues in her natural skin color and with her bleach blonde hair than she has the 1 era she was orange.

Sure, Jan. :coffee: