Bruno Mars ft. Cardi B = Finesse Remix (VIDEO)

Dal

Now see folks..

THIS is how u pay tribute to the past! (Not by doing all sorts of dance moves attributed to a single legendary artist and attempting to pass them off as your own *ahem* JT *cough*)...

I love everything about this.... check it out!

• Upvote 1

I love this song and video SOOOOOO much, and it's ironic because the song isn't (or wasn't) in my top 5 faves from the album like a year later, but NOWWWW because of this remix and video, I mean it's PERFECT now, it's so damn good, and I'm sure it'll be a hit, and breathe a 2nd life to this great album, I think it'd be VERY smart of him to do a full-on album remix re-release this year for 24K, cause we know the boy can & probably will take a break inbetween projects, I actually always wished he did this for his albums, he's the perfect type of artist to do re-releases.

• Upvote 1

I love that Danielle in it and I love that In Living Color homage including the sample of the theme song. However, there were a lot of people tweeting about how Cardi and Bruno are...well i'll let y'all see one of the many tweets saying something like this.

• Like 1

Wait? Joe maybe onto something for once in his time here:

Sooo it’s okay for a non-black to be a “culture vulture” as long as that “culture vulture” isn’t Caucasian? Or are we pretending Bruno Mars is black? 

Better yet, y’all spent three days clowning Justin Timberlake for “using black culture” yet... here we are.. the second biggest male pop star... nonblack... using black culture :umm: 

What is Cardi B’s ethnicity ? :lmao: 

According to some Vh1 bio from when she was a basic cable star, she’s Latino  

So do y’all just dislike white people who “steals” black culture or do y’all really dislike Justin Timberlake bc he dissed Janet? 

giphy.gif

This reeeeeeally isnt a good side to join in on....but ok, lets break down why its not a double standard for 2 latinos to do hip hop & R&B

Bruno's Filipeno, Jewish & Puerto Rican with a new york Puerto Rican dad, anybody who knows hip hop roots knows that Hispanics (mostly Puerto Ricans) have been apart of it since the beginning in the bronx, like his dad, who raised his kids mostly on R&B & Hip hop (but all music really). Cardi is Trinidadian & Dominican, she's basically black, but even if she was just dominican, see the above statement.

But lets get into why its even stupid to go there in the 1st place, why even if Justin & Cardi were both blonde hair blue eyed people with German roots it wouldnt be comparable to Justin being a culture vulture. Hip hop is not all black & never has been, same for R&B, same for the cast of In Living Color,  same for the fly girls. Bruno's been soulful & expressing his passion for hip hop & R&B since before his 1st album, his debut features are on rap, all 3 of his albums are mostly R&B flavoured. And lastly, he sees & knows & talks about the struggle, he's team Black Lives Matter, he speaks out about black artists that paved his way not getting their recognition and how the industry does people of color wrong (hell he just did a Instagram post about Little Richard recently).

A culture vulture like Justin builds his name in pop & as a pop artist, then later adds soulful & hip hop elements to further their audience & career, but has no knowledge the roots of what theyre dabling in, and offer no support to the struggle that the audience is even dealing with beyond you, and combats Black Lives Matter with a all lives matter stance. Its all different & not comparable no matter what Bruno or Cardi's race would/could be, they're woke and about waking others, Justins not & never has been.

And thats all why anyone of the opinion that this is appropriating is less than smart. Next question....#gotitgoinon :coffee:

So basically Bruno Mars is half-Asian, half-Jewish Latino... so almost black (based on economic struggles) so he gets a pass for being “woke” 

Same with Cardi B... until she says the “n-word” 

Justin, a white southern man whom vocally expressed his love for R&B, gospel, country does not get a pass bc he’s white. ??

Ummmm trinidadians & Dominicans say the N word and nobody ever cared, to get mad at her for it is damn near the equivalent of getting mad Rihanna or Nicki Garbaj for saying it. And Cardi does say it...and nobody gets mad

Ah, kind of figured youd miss the point entirely on Justin (for the record....being southern REALLY makes no difference). He gets no pass because hes all lives matter as fuck, proving he has no understanding of black culture, music or history beyond his faves. Thats the difference between appropriation & appreciation.

5 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

Ummmm trinidadians & Dominicans say the N word and nobody ever cared, to get mad at her for it is damn near the equivalent of getting mad Rihanna or Nicki Garbaj for saying it. And Cardi does say it...and nobody gets mad

Ah, kind of figured youd miss the point entirely on Justin (for the record....being southern REALLY makes no difference). He gets no pass because hes all lives matter as fuck, proving he has no understanding of black culture, music or history beyond his faves. Thats the difference between appropriation & appreciation.

No body gets mad but she’s addresses it in many interviews :umm: soooooo

When did Justin literally say “all lives matter”? I’ll wait. Direct link and save the “we’re all the same” quote bc that not the same despite it being true (in complete darkness we’re all the same...) 

Just a reminder... Janet is All Lives Matter 

6 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

No body gets mad but she’s addresses it in many interviews :umm: soooooo

When did Justin literally say “all lives matter”? I’ll wait. Direct link and save the “we’re all the same” quote bc that not the same despite it being true (in complete darkness we’re all the same...) 

Just a reminder... Janet is All Lives Matter 

The entire "we're all the same" shit he said was All Lives Matter expanded and in a discussion about Black Lives Matter, if youre in a discussion with someone, and your response is his, you are not woke, and you do not understand what or where these people are coming from which is why he gets no pass and he got dragged.

Just a reminder.....Janet is Black Lives matter tho, and even if she never said either, her music & interviews about the issues.

1 minute ago, jarrylf said:

The entire "we're all the same" shit he said was All Lives Matter expanded .

Just a reminder.....Janet is Black Lives matter tho, and even if she never said either, her music & interviews about the issues.

You made that up

Just a reminder... Black people can say “all lives matters” and she has said it multiple times 

What's the issue with All Lives Matter?..there were a HANDFUL of celebrities saying that shit, Fantasia is the one that comes to mind off rip but once it was explained to said celebrities that Black Lives Matter really means Black Lives Matter too...alot of celebrities stopped with that All Lives Matter bullshit.

I can't believe y'all got me on here defending Justin Timberlake :mellow:

19 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

You made that up

Just a reminder... Black people can say “all lives matters” and she has said it multiple times 

Nah, he was debating about Black Lives Matter, and that was his response to the discussion, I wish I could make that up, but hes consistently dumber than I give him credit for 

Sure can & she sure did, but saying it as a opposition to Black Lives Matter (like Justin indirectly did) is problematic

3 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

What's the issue with All Lives Matter?..there were a HANDFUL of celebrities saying that shit, Fantasia is the one that comes to mind off rip but once it was explained to said celebrities that Black Lives Matter really means Black Lives Matter too...alot of celebrities stopped with that All Lives Matter bullshit.

Thats all true, nothing wrong with saying it, problem is Justin took the stance in a debate about Black Lives Matter, and anybody any color doing that is the problem, because it directly says they dont even get the meaning of Black Lives Matter & that they interpret it as "Black Lives Matter More" not "Too".

Is this the incident where he bigged up Jessie Williams speech at the BET Awards on Twitter only to be ridiculed moments later when a disgruntled Janet fan brought her into the equation..? Because if I recall correctly alot of things were out of line during that exchange. 

Bottomline, he adressed being called out & appropriating and not being down for BLM cause with a firm stuck on stupid ALM response. And thats the difference between him and anyone else accused of appropriating. (And the exchange was mostly about appropriation, Janet was only brought up, not the topic, otherwise he wouldve surely ignored)

49 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

well they didn't understand the truth behind BLM, the statement is a reaction to a reality where Black lives were being treated like they didn't matter, I could see if the police were killing all kinds of people but that wasn't what was happening

14 minutes ago, Obayifo said:

Oh okay so that was the incident. :rolleyes:

I recall it being about him saying ALM as for Janet we may as well accept that someone will always bring her into the equation even when its not about her, but they read JT over that. They read him over wearing some stupid baseball cap while in LA for a team people didn't understand him supporting they got pissed, I can't explain it I don't follow sports