The Official Grammy’s Thread

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Image result for Whitney Houston audience gif

KANG.BRUNO That's all, he the one, this could be a HUGE moment for R&B, Soul & FUNK, like how long has it been since an Album like that swept like this? I really want his influence to wake folks up to some damn good R&B & Soul & Funk again like this was needed, bring back them live instruments, sample right, and have fun with it, I haven't been THIS happy with a Grammy outcome in YEARS. BRA-VO! BRU-NO!

Also congrats to Alessia, Shape Of You, Foo Fighters, Dave Chappelle, Gambino!, Kendrick, Rihanna, & Cece Winans. ONLY Oversites are Cardi, but she might get it for Finesse next year and she's gonna drop her album too so no biggie, I do think Praying deserved it over Shape Of You, And that Kesha deserved best pop album over Ed too. 

Bruno, Cardi, RIhanna, Gambino, & Kesha killed that stage too.

I looked it up, I haven't been this pleased with the Grammy's since the winners of 2004, good night bitches, I'm too through & shocked

Image result for Whitney Houston audience gif

Kendrick was the best of the night!!! Him being a rapper, his presentation is ..unmatched.  The show had too many ballads. Bruno's was interesting.. Cardi was fun.. .... Rihanna was cool ...I liked how free her energy was tho I was expecting something else for that performance,idk .. and ...yeah that's all 

I don't really like Lourde like that....but the Recording academy was on some bs for not letting her perform when shes nominated for album of the year.

That's just opening yourself up for bad press.  And they talking about they didn't have time?  Those failed skits, some of them crusty slow ass performances coulda been cut.

Jay Z turned his performance slot down

Ratings were awful apparently

2 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

I don't really like Lourde like that....but the Recording academy was on some bs for not letting her perform when shes nominated for album of the year.

That's just opening yourself up for bad press.  And they talking about they didn't have time?  Those failed skits, some of them crusty slow ass performances coulda been cut.

Jay Z turned his performance slot down

Ratings were awful apparently

Its an award show associated with music, music a lot of folks may not even know about, its more an industry event now than anything, all I wanted to know is who won in the major categories that's about it. The format of the show barely works at all, you sit thru hours of shit you may not care about miss me with all the country shit, I don't care, as Im sure they say that about R&B categories ...apples and oranges -_-  give me the Grammys worth seeing in say an hour format

7 hours ago, Bailey. said:

actually they're reporting the Grammys were at an all time low in ratings :unsure:

I believe it. Grammys is nothing but who's popular and not real music. Jay-Z gotta feel salty. They did him just like they did Rihanna last year with all those nominations and no win.

7 hours ago, Bailey. said:

so we gonna discuss Rihanna getting a little thick there or nah ? :coffee: 

Rihanna been thick since last year. I loved her performance. Glad she won another grammy too

1 hour ago, kidfresh832 said:

The entire format is played out.  It is too long, too boring.  The voting pool always goes for the safer choices in the big categories, because its an older crowd voting.

They need to do what the Oscars did and obtain younger, diverse voters 

I believe I read that the Oscars added 2000 diverse, millennial voters which is why you see MJB being nominated 

3 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

The entire format is played out.  It is too long, too boring.  The voting pool always goes for the safer choices in the big categories, because its an older crowd voting.

and everybody already knows who the awards are gonna go to especially if Beyonce is there.

That Childish Gambino performances got a bitch over here pregnant :unsure:...my goodness I haven't heard soul music like that on The Grammys in almost a decade.

And Rihanna looks good with that 'When I Think of You' weight and bundles. Janet know she be influencing the girls. :rolleyes: