The Official Grammy’s Thread

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

8 hours ago, kidfresh832 said:

She has lost the big awards over and over just like last year.

they lock her out of the major awards, its like they're telling her there's only so far you're going to get here. Hell Mariah Carey know what time it is, they dont give a shit about her just about as much as they feel towards Janet...Rihanna has more Grammys than both Mariah and Janet now how is that? :filenails:

29 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

they lock her out of the major awards, its like they're telling her there's only so far you're going to get here. Hell Mariah Carey know what time it is, they dont give a shit about her just about as much as they feel towards Janet...Rihanna has more Grammys than both Mariah and Janet now how is that? :filenails:

Beyonce won 17 solo Grammys :umm: She fine. And if she wants more, try not to release in the same season as Adele  

Rihanna earned those Grammys.. all nine of em :coffee: fight me 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Beyonce won 17 solo Grammys :umm: She fine. And if she wants more, try not to release in the same season as Adele  

how many was Rihanna a feature artist on speaking of solo ? :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, State of the Game said:

No one is saying feel sorry for Beyonce.  How many she has won doesn't negate the fact that the top awards are always for the more commercial, safer choices that appeal to the older voting bloc. Taylor Swift, Adele etc, even Bruno those were not at all the best albums of the year.  But they were successful commercially, non controversial and safe.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, kidfresh832 said:

No one is saying feel sorry for Beyonce.  How many she has won doesn't negate the fact that the top awards are always for the more commercial, safer choices that appeal to the older voting bloc. Taylor Swift, Adele etc, even Bruno those were not at all the best albums of the year.  But they were successful commercially, non controversial and safe.

Taylor Swift appeals to older adults :blink: that’s news to me. The kids love her

Lemonade is good but 25 is better. Once you get over that you can see why Adele took the cake 

Adele’s music appeals to everyone of every age ??‍♂️ I mean.

Adele’s albums were “safe” but amazing ??‍♂️ Lyrically beautiful and relatable. That’s award winning

• Upvote 1

Just now, State of the Game said:

Taylor Swift appeals to older adults :blink: that’s news

Adele’s albums were “safe” but amazing ??‍♂️ Lyrically beautiful and relatable. 

Who said anything about this being news?

All the critics and comments are just stating the obvious regarding ratings.  Which is what we were discussing.  Again I personally am not hating on Adele, Taylor, or Bruno.  But no one was saying those were the Best albums of the year.  No critic had Adele as the top and most didn't even have her in their top list.  That''s not downplaying her talent or sales success.  Even she recognized that in her acceptance speech.

The grammys have been getting it wrong for ages now. This really isn't nothing new.  I see why some artists have been vocal about not submitting their work or showing up to the event because of the bias/old way of thinking.  Jay nominated 8 times and nothing? Rihanna was like that last year..didn't win shit for what some were saying her best body of work.  SZA was the most nominated female and didn't win shit! :wacko:  I think Bruno's album was pretty solid with a concept and with a throwback vibe. But it was a safe choice instead of awarding Kendrick who consistently brings the heat each and every time.

These artists are being used for ratings, when the irony is that the ratings keep dipping each year.  Soon, winning a grammy will not be as prestigious as it use to be.  And if the voting committee doesn't wanna change, then there are going to be consequences when these artists stop submitting their work and not showing up at the event at all.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

The grammys have been getting it wrong for ages now. This really isn't nothing new.  I see why some artists have been vocal about not submitting their work or showing up to the event because of the bias/old way of thinking.  Jay nominated 8 times and nothing? Rihanna was like that last year..didn't win shit for what some were saying her best body of work.  SZA was the most nominated female and didn't win shit! :wacko:  I think Bruno's album was pretty solid with a concept and with a throwback vibe. But it was a safe choice instead of awarding Kendrick who consistently brings the heat each and every time.

These artists are being used for ratings, when the irony is that the ratings keep dipping each year.  Soon, winning a grammy will not be as prestigious as it use to be.  And if the voting committee doesn't wanna change, then there are going to be consequences when these artists stop submitting their work and not showing up at the event at all.

It's already been not prestigious as it used to be. I saw that a long time ago even before Meghan Trainwreck won Best New Artist. I damn near lost it when that bitch won.:wacko:

8 hours ago, State of the Game said:

Taylor Swift appeals to older adults :blink: that’s news to me. The kids love her

Lemonade is good but 25 is better. Once you get over that you can see why Adele took the cake 

Adele’s albums were “safe” but amazing ??‍♂️ Lyrically beautiful and relatable. That’s award winning

Critics and even Adele herself doesn't agree with 25 being better than Lemonade.  And Adele's appeal is exactly what I said.  She sold more, is commercially appealing and safe.  I said that already and you are agreeing.  There's no controversy with her or Taylor.  No political tinge, or racial tinge at all.  Super safe to vote for them/

Kendrick has a racial tinge, voters would have to get over, he has a political bent as well look at his performance that was better than anything else that night.  He wasn't safe.

• Upvote 2