Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Angela

      Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

      General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

      Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

      Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

      What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.
       
Sign in to follow this  
jarrylf

Janet OFFICIALLY SHUTS DOWN rumors she'll be with Timbergarbage

Recommended Posts

On 2/8/2018 at 1:34 PM, hotboy06 said:

I like that idea of ATL artists performing at the SB halftime show.  Whew..the ratchetedness. I'm ready.

NiRPahy.gif

 

Lil Jon :lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys! You can’t argue with people determined to not understand, are unnecessarily defensive, and suffer from mild stupidity.

 

I don’t really care about her not responding, but every comment doesn’t require fumes. Lolz

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 11:17 PM, Mr. Wonder said:

 

When someone does a kind gesture for you, is it not common courtesy to say thank you?

Who’s to say she thought it was a kind gesture? Maybe there’s a reason she only spoke about the Super Bowl 2yrs after the incident, and never addressed it again. Maybe she is over reliving the moment that began her blacklisting. 

We don’t know how she truly feels about the SB, but maybe being a trending topic on that day was bittersweet for her. 

 

If you’re doing a kind deed, just for the sake of being kind. You don’t need any thanks. 

 

I wonder if every person Janet has ever given money to has personally thanked her, I doubt it, and I doubt she’s in the business of helping others just for a thank you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

Who’s to say she thought it was a kind gesture? Maybe there’s a reason she only spoke about the Super Bowl 2yrs after the incident, and never addressed it again. Maybe she is over reliving the moment that began her blacklisting. 

We don’t know how she truly feels about the SB, but maybe being a trending topic on that day was bittersweet for her. 

 

If you’re doing a kind deed, just for the sake of being kind. You don’t need any thanks. 

 

I wonder if every person Janet has ever given money to has personally thanked her, I doubt it, and I doubt she’s in the business of helping others just for a thank you.

So you're telling me when someone did something for you, you didn't say thank you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all kinda reminds me of a Buffy The Vampire episode. Buffy died at the end of Season 5 ...sacrificing herself to save her sister she dashed across a a high beam and jumped into a portal to stop hell on Earth.

The very first episodes of the following season, her friends including two powerful Witches came up with a plan to bring Buffy back from the dead thinking that she must be in some hell dimension and suffering and shit. Surely this act of kindness is our duty since we love and cherish her and need her here with us. They succeed in bringing Buffy back from the dead and Willow (the main Witch and Buffys best friend) is kinda upset that although Buffy seems kinda out of it and not really sure of herself...she still should at least show some gratitude and thank the people who pulled her from the depths of hell helping her back into this wonderful world.:)

And Buffy eventually does thank Willow and her friends but she really doesn't mean it. It turns out that Buffy was actually in heaven minding her business and at peace with the world. She didn't ask for any of this from conception. It's hard for somebody living in a state of Utopia to be pulled back into the dismal mess that they fought so hard to get out of and although it might seem like a nice gesture and they should get over it and be grateful...it's not always that simple.

But what do I know, I talk to the dead.

BTW, Mike and Prince are still peeved. :rolleyes:

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Voodoo Child said:

This all kinda reminds me of a Buffy The Vampire episode. Buffy died at the end of Season 5 ...sacrificing herself to save her sister she dashed across a a high beam and jumped into a portal to stop hell on Earth.

The very first episodes of the following season, her friends including two powerful Witches came up with a plan to bring Buffy back from the dead thinking that she must be in some hell dimension and suffering and shit. Surely this act of kindness is our duty since we love and cherish her and need her here with us. They succeed in bringing Buffy back from the dead and Willow (the main Witch and Buffys best friend) is kinda upset that although Buffy seems kinda out of it and not really sure of herself...she still should at least show some gratitude and thank the people who pulled her from the depths of hell helping her back into this wonderful world.:)

And Buffy eventually does thank Willow and her friends but she really doesn't mean it. It turns out that Buffy was actually in heaven minding her business and at peace with the world. She didn't ask for any of this from conception. It's hard for somebody living in a state of Utopia to be pulled back into the dismal mess that they fought so hard to get out of and although it might seem like a nice gesture and they should get over it and be grateful...it's not always that simple.

But what do I know, I talk to the dead.

BTW, Mike and Prince are still peeved. :rolleyes:

This is actually the perfect analogy! 

"I think I was in heaven... I think I was in heav--en..." -_- 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, J. said:

Ok like I said, he’s calling the day of appreciation bullshit.

Mind your posts

I am not calling it bullshit, I truly believe everyone from fans to celebs who voiced their support meant to show appreciation, I object to the fact the day just so happen on JT's SB, it makes it seem as if it was more a protest of JT and less a celebration of Janet. If you guys could accomplish what they did Feb. 4 on say May 16 I would be elated. I never once called what was very well accomplished "bullshit" its terrible that in order to garner attention for an Iconic artist like Janet it had to ride on the coat tails of 1. The SB at all, and 2. JT's SB....that attaches Janet directly to something she has clearly shown she wants no part of. There is the bullshit, like the woman can't trend without it being about some controversy.....and now this crazy notion that she should thank everyone for dragging her legacy into the spotlight over the SB and JT NOT her music, not her successful tour, not whats to come from her ...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

So you're telling me when someone did something for you, you didn't say thank you? 

If someone does something for me that I specifically didn’t ask for, depending on the situation, i May not say thank you 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is actually the perfect analogy! 

"I think I was in heaven... I think I was in heav--en..." -_- 

Buff was in the great forever 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

If someone does something for me that I specifically didn’t ask for, depending on the situation, i May not say thank you 

That's an example of being rude! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Wonder said:

That's an example of being rude! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

 

No it's not, there is no contract that states if you do something for me that I did not explicitly ask for that I am required to thank you

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never felt so strongly on a subject here so much as this in order for me to say this point blank. Anyone who thought after doing an appreciation day of Janet had a thank you coming is wrong  Although you may not see it and disagree as you will, YOU ARE WRONG!  Janet owes you nothing

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bailey. said:

Janet owes you nothing

The motive for some people’s involvement was to get her to tweet. Sad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bailey. said:

No it's not, there is no contract that states if you do something for me that I did not explicitly ask for that I am required to thank you

 

Yes it is. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, Bailey. said:

if it were on any day but JT's SB performance, you guys rode that of all things and call it appreciation. I call it what it was, an opportunity to get Janet's name out there associated with Justin, thats not a kind gesture. And for the sake of argument let's say it was, an appreciation day, she's still NOT required to thank you. If anything be grateful you made an impact and keep it moving

You said the day of appreciation was bullshit and that it was JUST an opportunity to spite him. That’s what I’m pointing out. Because like someone else stated it wasn’t just about him. And it was a kind gesture no matter the motivating circumstances because no one had to do it. I’m not talking about any day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bailey. said:

I've never felt so strongly on a subject here so much as this in order for me to say this point blank. Anyone who thought after doing an appreciation day of Janet had a thank you coming is wrong  Although you may not see it and disagree as you will, YOU ARE WRONG!  Janet owes you nothing

And if Janet had said thank you most of you wouldn’t even have these opinions.

It would’ve went from “she shouldn’t say thank you” to the complete opposite. Janet can never be wrong.

 

this SERVILE mentality

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now some of us went from downright hating the lady to thirsting for her attention and praise :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

stay tuned for the next spin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J. said:

And if Janet had said thank you most of you wouldn’t even have these opinions.

It would’ve went from “she shouldn’t say thank you” to the complete opposite. Janet can never be wrong.

 

this SERVILE mentality

A thank you ( or anything she says) will always be welcomed. 

But some you do don't want to consider why she hasn't or won't say anything.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bailey. said:

I've never felt so strongly on a subject here so much as this in order for me to say this point blank. Anyone who thought after doing an appreciation day of Janet had a thank you coming is wrong  Although you may not see it and disagree as you will, YOU ARE WRONG!  Janet owes you nothing

Thing is she made a statement after the appreciation day was announced, so it's not like she doesn't appreciate anything. We clearly weren't gonna hear from her until she had another project coming, and the success of the hashtag wasn't gonna change that. Her boundaries were set and she wasn't budging.

What's rude is how some can't respect Janet's boundaries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Illi said:

A thank you ( or anything she says) will always be welcomed. 

But some you do don't want to consider why she hasn't or won't say anything.

And a lot of you make up elaborate stories about Janet’s thinking process as if any of you know and pass it off as fact.

Some of your opinions form based on what y’all think she believes instead of actual logic. Y’all think she didn’t say anything because of the JT hate involved or whatever...based on nothing but your need to endlessly defend everything she does.

The last 15 years have really taken a toll on some of you.

But in any case, everything doesn’t require this level of defensiveness from some of you. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, J. said:

And a lot of you make up elaborate stories about Janet’s thinking process as if any of you know and pass it off as fact.

Some of your opinions form based on what y’all think she believes instead of actual logic. Y’all think she didn’t say anything because of the JT hate involved or whatever...based on nothing but your need to endlessly defend everything she does.

The last 15 years have really taken a toll on some of you.

But in any case, everything doesn’t require this level of defensiveness from some of you. :lol:

You trying to feel entitled for Janet to say something when you really aren't.

Why does Janet have to be rude for not saying anything? Some of you are the one's that want to make it controversial. Most fans weren't really expecting anything.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..........Image result for Lady Gaga you're still here gif

Not saying thank you isn't rude to me (especially for anything unsolicited)

Demanding a disingenuous thank you for the sake of your feelings (ego) is rude, petty, selfish & immature to me, which is why nobody will catch me doing it seriously on any subject. I mock people that do....but that's neither here nor there. You're all welcome for this explination by the way, you didn't ask for it, but aye some needed it so I took the time. 

Image result for Explaining gif

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mr. Wonder said:

That's an example of being rude! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

 

 

Are you the person that holds the door and then goes “you’re welcome” (with an attitude)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Bailey. said:

if it were on any day but JT's SB performance, you guys rode that of all things and call it appreciation. I call it what it was, an opportunity to get Janet's name out there associated with Justin, thats not a kind gesture. And for the sake of argument let's say it was, an appreciation day, she's still NOT required to thank you. If anything be grateful you made an impact and keep it moving

Janet always trends on the SB..not because it was Justin's turn..doesn't matter.  That's why it goes beyond the SB.

And obviously she made an IMPACT as to why everyone from fans to celebrities, to media publications were joining in. IT WENT BEYOND THE SB.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, State of the Game said:

It can’t go beyond the Super Bowl if it only happened BECAUSE of the Super Bowl

Janet trends all the time when it comes time for the SB.  The appreciation hashtag was for her IMPACT AND INFLUENCE ON OUR LIVES!

JtHtDnF.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×