Janet OFFICIALLY SHUTS DOWN rumors she'll be with Timbergarbage

jarrylf

On 2/8/2018 at 11:17 PM, Mr. Wonder said:

When someone does a kind gesture for you, is it not common courtesy to say thank you?

Who’s to say she thought it was a kind gesture? Maybe there’s a reason she only spoke about the Super Bowl 2yrs after the incident, and never addressed it again. Maybe she is over reliving the moment that began her blacklisting. 

We don’t know how she truly feels about the SB, but maybe being a trending topic on that day was bittersweet for her. 

If you’re doing a kind deed, just for the sake of being kind. You don’t need any thanks. 

I wonder if every person Janet has ever given money to has personally thanked her, I doubt it, and I doubt she’s in the business of helping others just for a thank you.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, janet.1814 said:

Who’s to say she thought it was a kind gesture? Maybe there’s a reason she only spoke about the Super Bowl 2yrs after the incident, and never addressed it again. Maybe she is over reliving the moment that began her blacklisting. 

We don’t know how she truly feels about the SB, but maybe being a trending topic on that day was bittersweet for her. 

If you’re doing a kind deed, just for the sake of being kind. You don’t need any thanks. 

I wonder if every person Janet has ever given money to has personally thanked her, I doubt it, and I doubt she’s in the business of helping others just for a thank you.

So you're telling me when someone did something for you, you didn't say thank you? 

This all kinda reminds me of a Buffy The Vampire episode. Buffy died at the end of Season 5 ...sacrificing herself to save her sister she dashed across a a high beam and jumped into a portal to stop hell on Earth.

The very first episodes of the following season, her friends including two powerful Witches came up with a plan to bring Buffy back from the dead thinking that she must be in some hell dimension and suffering and shit. Surely this act of kindness is our duty since we love and cherish her and need her here with us. They succeed in bringing Buffy back from the dead and Willow (the main Witch and Buffys best friend) is kinda upset that although Buffy seems kinda out of it and not really sure of herself...she still should at least show some gratitude and thank the people who pulled her from the depths of hell helping her back into this wonderful world.:)

And Buffy eventually does thank Willow and her friends but she really doesn't mean it. It turns out that Buffy was actually in heaven minding her business and at peace with the world. She didn't ask for any of this from conception. It's hard for somebody living in a state of Utopia to be pulled back into the dismal mess that they fought so hard to get out of and although it might seem like a nice gesture and they should get over it and be grateful...it's not always that simple.

But what do I know, I talk to the dead.

BTW, Mike and Prince are still peeved. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Voodoo Child said:

This all kinda reminds me of a Buffy The Vampire episode. Buffy died at the end of Season 5 ...sacrificing herself to save her sister she dashed across a a high beam and jumped into a portal to stop hell on Earth.

The very first episodes of the following season, her friends including two powerful Witches came up with a plan to bring Buffy back from the dead thinking that she must be in some hell dimension and suffering and shit. Surely this act of kindness is our duty since we love and cherish her and need her here with us. They succeed in bringing Buffy back from the dead and Willow (the main Witch and Buffys best friend) is kinda upset that although Buffy seems kinda out of it and not really sure of herself...she still should at least show some gratitude and thank the people who pulled her from the depths of hell helping her back into this wonderful world.:)

And Buffy eventually does thank Willow and her friends but she really doesn't mean it. It turns out that Buffy was actually in heaven minding her business and at peace with the world. She didn't ask for any of this from conception. It's hard for somebody living in a state of Utopia to be pulled back into the dismal mess that they fought so hard to get out of and although it might seem like a nice gesture and they should get over it and be grateful...it's not always that simple.

But what do I know, I talk to the dead.

BTW, Mike and Prince are still peeved. :rolleyes:

This is actually the perfect analogy! 

"I think I was in heaven... I think I was in heav--en..." -_- 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, J. said:

Ok like I said, he’s calling the day of appreciation bullshit.

Mind your posts

I am not calling it bullshit, I truly believe everyone from fans to celebs who voiced their support meant to show appreciation, I object to the fact the day just so happen on JT's SB, it makes it seem as if it was more a protest of JT and less a celebration of Janet. If you guys could accomplish what they did Feb. 4 on say May 16 I would be elated. I never once called what was very well accomplished "bullshit" its terrible that in order to garner attention for an Iconic artist like Janet it had to ride on the coat tails of 1. The SB at all, and 2. JT's SB....that attaches Janet directly to something she has clearly shown she wants no part of. There is the bullshit, like the woman can't trend without it being about some controversy.....and now this crazy notion that she should thank everyone for dragging her legacy into the spotlight over the SB and JT NOT her music, not her successful tour, not whats to come from her ...

• Upvote 1

I've never felt so strongly on a subject here so much as this in order for me to say this point blank. Anyone who thought after doing an appreciation day of Janet had a thank you coming is wrong  Although you may not see it and disagree as you will, YOU ARE WRONG!  Janet owes you nothing

• Like 2

On 2/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, Bailey. said:

if it were on any day but JT's SB performance, you guys rode that of all things and call it appreciation. I call it what it was, an opportunity to get Janet's name out there associated with Justin, thats not a kind gesture. And for the sake of argument let's say it was, an appreciation day, she's still NOT required to thank you. If anything be grateful you made an impact and keep it moving

You said the day of appreciation was bullshit and that it was JUST an opportunity to spite him. That’s what I’m pointing out. Because like someone else stated it wasn’t just about him. And it was a kind gesture no matter the motivating circumstances because no one had to do it. I’m not talking about any day.

8 hours ago, Bailey. said:

I've never felt so strongly on a subject here so much as this in order for me to say this point blank. Anyone who thought after doing an appreciation day of Janet had a thank you coming is wrong  Although you may not see it and disagree as you will, YOU ARE WRONG!  Janet owes you nothing

And if Janet had said thank you most of you wouldn’t even have these opinions.

It would’ve went from “she shouldn’t say thank you” to the complete opposite. Janet can never be wrong.

this SERVILE mentality

2 hours ago, J. said:

And if Janet had said thank you most of you wouldn’t even have these opinions.

It would’ve went from “she shouldn’t say thank you” to the complete opposite. Janet can never be wrong.

this SERVILE mentality

A thank you ( or anything she says) will always be welcomed. 

But some you do don't want to consider why she hasn't or won't say anything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Bailey. said:

Thing is she made a statement after the appreciation day was announced, so it's not like she doesn't appreciate anything. We clearly weren't gonna hear from her until she had another project coming, and the success of the hashtag wasn't gonna change that. Her boundaries were set and she wasn't budging.

What's rude is how some can't respect Janet's boundaries.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Illi said:

A thank you ( or anything she says) will always be welcomed. 

But some you do don't want to consider why she hasn't or won't say anything.

And a lot of you make up elaborate stories about Janet’s thinking process as if any of you know and pass it off as fact.

Some of your opinions form based on what y’all think she believes instead of actual logic. Y’all think she didn’t say anything because of the JT hate involved or whatever...based on nothing but your need to endlessly defend everything she does.

The last 15 years have really taken a toll on some of you.

But in any case, everything doesn’t require this level of defensiveness from some of you. :lol:

21 minutes ago, J. said:

And a lot of you make up elaborate stories about Janet’s thinking process as if any of you know and pass it off as fact.

Some of your opinions form based on what y’all think she believes instead of actual logic. Y’all think she didn’t say anything because of the JT hate involved or whatever...based on nothing but your need to endlessly defend everything she does.

The last 15 years have really taken a toll on some of you.

But in any case, everything doesn’t require this level of defensiveness from some of you. :lol:

You trying to feel entitled for Janet to say something when you really aren't.

Why does Janet have to be rude for not saying anything? Some of you are the one's that want to make it controversial. Most fans weren't really expecting anything.

• Upvote 1

..........Image result for Lady Gaga you're still here gif

Not saying thank you isn't rude to me (especially for anything unsolicited)

Demanding a disingenuous thank you for the sake of your feelings (ego) is rude, petty, selfish & immature to me, which is why nobody will catch me doing it seriously on any subject. I mock people that do....but that's neither here nor there. You're all welcome for this explination by the way, you didn't ask for it, but aye some needed it so I took the time. 

Image result for Explaining gif

• Upvote 2

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Bailey. said:

if it were on any day but JT's SB performance, you guys rode that of all things and call it appreciation. I call it what it was, an opportunity to get Janet's name out there associated with Justin, thats not a kind gesture. And for the sake of argument let's say it was, an appreciation day, she's still NOT required to thank you. If anything be grateful you made an impact and keep it moving

Janet always trends on the SB..not because it was Justin's turn..doesn't matter.  That's why it goes beyond the SB.

And obviously she made an IMPACT as to why everyone from fans to celebrities, to media publications were joining in. IT WENT BEYOND THE SB.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:07 PM, State of the Game said:

It can’t go beyond the Super Bowl if it only happened BECAUSE of the Super Bowl

Janet trends all the time when it comes time for the SB.  The appreciation hashtag was for her IMPACT AND INFLUENCE ON OUR LIVES!

JtHtDnF.gif