Janet OFFICIALLY SHUTS DOWN rumors she'll be with Timbergarbage

jarrylf

29 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

Janet always trends on the SB..not because it was Justin's turn..doesn't matter.  That's why it goes beyond the SB.

And obviously she made an IMPACT as to why everyone from fans to celebrities, to media publications were joining in. IT WENT BEYOND THE SB.

Janet trends all the time when it comes time for the SB.  The appreciation hashtag was for her IMPACT AND INFLUENCE ON OUR LIVES!

JtHtDnF.gif

The Appreciation Day was bc of JT and only bc of JT. That’s why we didn’t have one in the last 12 years (2005-2017) 

im not denying her impact bc c’mon... she’s a legend..

54 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

The Appreciation Day was bc of JT and only bc of JT. That’s why we didn’t have one in the last 12 years (2005-2017) 

im not denying her impact bc c’mon... she’s a legend..

Because of JT? But didn't SHE get more tweets than the actual SB performer?

That's because it wasn't about the SB.

:P:sigh::devil:

39 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

Because of JT? But didn't SHE get more tweets than the actual SB performer?

That's because it wasn't about the SB.

:P:sigh::devil:

Umm idk if that’s true. More people tweeted about the Super Bowl in general 

I’m saying, the only reason we had an appreciation day was bc of the Super Bowl/Justin.. otherwise it would have happened in the past and it hasntit hasn’t 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Umm idk if that’s true. More people tweeted about the Super Bowl in general 

I’m saying, the only reason we had an appreciation day was bc of the Super Bowl/Justin.. otherwise it would have happened in the past and it hasntit hasn’t 

That's because the base was in shambles.  MOTHER used her powers to get us to come together and praise HER name against heretics, false prophets, and non-believers.

It worked.

Jsyfn25.gif

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, hotboy06 said:

That's because the base was in shambles.  MOTHER used her powers to get us to come together and praise HER name against heretics, false prophets, and non-believers.

It worked.

Jsyfn25.gif

C'mon. Let's be realistic here. What made the Appreciation day successful was the fact that JT performance reignited bad feelings over the fallout and how Janet was affected. But it didnt take away the fact that people sincerely actually liked her music and acknowledged her impact.

All in all, there's no need to feel offended at her silence. She's already expressed appreciation for our support.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Illi said:

C'mon. Let's be realistic here. What made the Appreciation day successful was the fact that JT performance reignited bad feelings over the fallout and how Janet was affected. But it didnt take away the fact that people sincerely actually liked her music and acknowledged her impact.

All in all, there's no need to feel offended at her silence. She's already expressed appreciation for our support.

I'm not offended.  I was disappointed.  There's a difference.  She's lucky I didn't blaspheme her name. <_<

7 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

I'm not offended.  I was disappointed.  There's a difference.  She's lucky I didn't blaspheme her name. <_<

Offended, disappointed, still, I find it disingenuous to need for her to say something to validate the campaign. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hotboy06 said:

It worked.

Jsyfn25.gif

Actually it wasn't called #JanetJacksonAppreciationDay let them not forget we had her trending simply because we missed her and made a bulletin. That was definitely appreciation and then she gave us Unbreakable and a tour.

#JanetJacksonAppreciationDay happened because of a confluence of factors... several folks on social media that launched a coordinated campaign. What was awesome was that it really caught on worldwide, as many of us hoped it would.  

And of course, a HUGE part of that was a response to the NFL, and their seemingly tone deaf string of decisions.  For me, it wasn't directly about Justin Timberlake.  

But the other factors were in the air. People see and understand the connections between Janet's career challenges and the current moments of reckoning through the #TimesUp and #MeToo movements.  As more and more in the younger generation discover and connect to her music, they too are upset at how she was blacklisted.  They see that her career suffered due to factors that she simply had nothing to do with.  And in this moment, things like what she endured are no longer acceptable in the entertainment industry.  Don't forget that exactly 1 week before the Super Bowl, you had that travesty at the Grammys where Lorde, the only woman nominated for Album Of The Year, was shut out from even being able to perform.  Then the President of the The Recording Academy saying the next day that if women want to be respected in the music industry, they need to "step up".  In the post SBXXXVIII Fallout, it was Janet that was disinvited from the Grammy Awards, while Justin went, and won that night.  

All of these things were connected, and they were contributors to the movement's success.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, wayneashleymusic said:

They see that her career suffered due to factors that she simply had nothing to do with.  

Based on that... Janet didn’t create Damita Jo, 20YO, and Discipline? bc if you want to pinpoint her career suffering, those three albums didn’t help at all

Speaking of factors... funny how these “youths” ignore MTV & CBS/Viacom... the two BIGGEST FACTORS behind Janet “suffered” career and focused their energy SOLELY on Justin Timberlake’s moment.. all bc Viacom decided not to blacklist him (and he decided to release sold music) 

Lets quit pretending it was SOLELY because of Justin

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, State of the Game said:

Based on that... Janet didn’t create Damita Jo, 20YO, and Discipline? bc if you want to pinpoint her career suffering, those three albums didn’t help at all

Speaking of factors... funny how these “youths” ignore MTV & CBS/Viacom... the two BIGGEST FACTORS behind Janet “suffered” career and focused their energy SOLELY on Justin Timberlake’s moment.. all bc Viacom decided not to blacklist him (and he decided to release sold music) 

Lets quit pretending it was SOLELY because of Justin

The quality of music that she released had NOTHING to do with her backlash, so no that had NOTHING to do with her career, as much as it didn't help it didn't hurt it either because no matter what she released if it's not getting backed it's not getting successful and "mixed" received albums get hits all the time in the industry, these albums weren't bad enough to excuse the treatment they got, being HER worst don't make them THE worst. 

Nobody says that it was soley him, but he had a hand in it, and he's benefited from it so yea he's gonna keep getting what he deserves cause his hands are dirty, he's not the biggest factor but he's a factor and the ONLY factor that is a "entertainer".

8 hours ago, Illi said:

Offended, disappointed, still, I find it disingenuous to need for her to say something to validate the campaign. 

Same, like do we do public happy birthdays to her or ANY of our faves for the sole purpose of them "thank you", or is it US showing appreciation? She's not that girl when it comes to social media, and never has been, she says her thanks her own way on her own terms. And that's why I don't get offended by not getting told thanks because that's how some people are, expecting everyone to be like you and raised like you and to feel how you feel is doing way too much than required.

Image result for Oprah talking gif

53 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

it didn't help it 

Nobody says that it was soley him, but he had a hand in it, and he's benefited from it so yea he's gonna keep getting what he deserves cause his hands are dirty, he's not the biggest factor but he's a factor and the ONLY factor that is a "entertainer".

It didn’t help :coffee:I could see if her albums were... on par with her previous but all three fall to the bottom next to Janet Jackson [album] 

So we gonna pretend she wasn’t everywhere aside from Radio? MTV, magazines, talk shows, SNL, Will & Grace, BET, three movies, photo shoots, MySpace, books.

Janet did more promo then than she’s ever done in her entire career

His hand was minimal compared to CBS/Viacom who is the media giant who blacklisted her instead of him. JT is pawn, Viacom owns the board 

20 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

It didn’t help :coffee:I could see if her albums were... on par with her previous but all three fall to the bottom next to Janet Jackson [album] 

So we gonna pretend she wasn’t everywhere aside from Radio? MTV, magazines, talk shows, SNL, Will & Grace, BET, three movies, photo shoots, MySpace, books.

Janet did more promo then than she’s ever done in her entire career

His hand was minimal compared to CBS/Viacom who is the media giant who blacklisted her instead of him. JT is pawn, Viacom owns the board 

And compared to the popular releases of their years they fair next to "OK" like Britney Spears's catalog, 

........................MTV? MTV banned her until 2008, for 2 eras MTV didn't act like she existed, nobody's "pretending" she wasn't out there doing more promo than she's ever done, it just didn't matter because pop radio wasn't playing her, as someone who called stations for those 3 eras to request, and ONLY on R&B radio stations did they take the request, everywhere else said "WE DONT PLAY HER"....not they don't play I want you or Call On Me or Feedback but HER. Her appearing places didn't change that, her appearing places made it do the numbers the projects she released did, the GP saw her but they did not hear her newest songs on the radio the way they always had.

His hand was still a hand that pushed her down and in the scheme of things with all the hands HE is the easiest to push down.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jarrylf said:

And compared to the popular releases of their years they fair next to "OK" like Britney Spears's catalog, 

........................MTV? MTV banned her until 2008, for 2 eras MTV didn't act like she existed, nobody's "pretending" she wasn't out there doing more promo than she's ever done, it just didn't matter because pop radio wasn't playing her, as someone who called stations for those 3 eras to request, and ONLY on R&B radio stations did they take the request, everywhere else said "WE DONT PLAY HER"....not they don't play I want you or Call On Me or Feedback but HER. Her appearing places didn't change that, her appearing places made it do the numbers the projects she released did, the GP saw her but they did not hear her newest songs on the radio the way they always had.

His hand was still a hand that pushed her down and in the scheme of things with all the hands HE is the easiest to push down.

and making appearances on talk shows and being in magazines don't have as much impact as being played DAILY on the radio. If people miss the show or don't buy magazines they'll never know she has music out just like any other artist. Radio>>>>>>>>>>

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jarrylf said:

MTV wasn’t even a music channel at that point. They switched to reality tv during one of those eras

You know why “they didnt play her”? Because of Viacom. Which brings me back to my original point: The people bitched and complained about JT yet zero blame is placed on the mega media company. 

JT May have “pushed her down” but he didn’t KEEP her down (obviously). Viacom did... period. That’s a fact. 

6 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

and making appearances on talk shows and being in magazines don't have as much impact as being played DAILY on the radio. If people miss the show or don't buy magazines they'll never know she has music out just like any other artist. 

Let’s ignore R&B radio and the fact that she performed during most of these shows including major award shows sans Grammy’s & MTV Awards 

Thats why i said it comes down to music. COM, S.Ex, JALW, AN(ds), IWY... all garbage in-comparison to previous eras as she forced sex down the throats of the general public. 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Let’s ignore R&B radio and the fact that she performed during most of these shows including major award shows sans Grammy’s & MTV Awards 

Thats why i said it comes down to music. COM, S.Ex, JALW, AN(ds), IWY... all garbage in-comparison to previous eras as she forced sex down the throats of the general public. 

The media is STRONG brain washing tool. I recall going to the Rock w\ You Tour in Atlanta, the media reported low ticket sales and posted pictures of empty seats behind the stage. That show was damn near sold completely out! This came down to her last name, being African American and on top of the WORLD... Janet could do no wrong prior to Super Bowl held in Texas (clears throat). A lot of people turned their backs and noses up to Janet. The critics, fans, Record labels and Executive, Radio, movie rolls (I can go on). Everyone was trying to "fix" a falling pop star to be the Hero! If it was Britney, Justin or Madonna intentional or not, people would have praised a tit and supported the music. Prince was blacklisted and targeted for BS until he passed.

Damita Jo theme was SEX... and happened to the most underrated gem to this day. The unreleased songs were even hot!

It's not even the decline but rather she also disappeared from oldies stations and stopped being labled as a major industry figure. She was relegated to being a celebrity with a music career.  It became controversial to say she made an impact. She wasn't even seen as an 80s staple.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GTIG said:

The media is STRONG brain washing tool. I recall going to the Rock w\ You Tour in Atlanta, the media reported low ticket sales and posted pictures of empty seats behind the stage. That show was damn near sold completely out! This came down to her last name, being African American and on top of the WORLD... Janet could do no wrong prior to Super Bowl held in Texas (clears throat). A lot of people turned their backs and noses up to Janet. The critics, fans, Record labels and Executive, Radio, movie rolls (I can go on). Everyone was trying to "fix" a falling pop star to be the Hero! If it was Britney, Justin or Madonna intentional or not, people would have praised a tit and supported the music. Prince was blacklisted and targeted for BS until he passed.

Damita Jo theme was SEX... and happened to the most underrated gem to this day. The unreleased songs were even hot!

Not sure why you quoted me

Despite her last name and her being black she was still on every major publication, on every major network (minus CBS). We don’t know how the people would react to white people’s tits... we’ll never know. So that’s based on your opinion not facts 

20YO theme was? Oh that’s right.. sex. Discipline’s theme was.. wait for it... sex

4 hours ago, State of the Game said:

MTV wasn’t even a music channel at that point. They switched to reality tv during one of those eras

You know why “they didnt play her”? Because of Viacom. Which brings me back to my original point: The people bitched and complained about JT yet zero blame is placed on the mega media company. 

JT May have “pushed her down” but he didn’t KEEP her down (obviously). Viacom did... period. That’s a fact. 

Viacom was surely a factor, but moreso it was MTV that had to have made the clear decision to blacklist her. I remember on TRL they had a segment announcing new album releases on the day that Damita Jo came out and they ran through every random album dropping that day but mysteriously didn’t even acknowledge DJ.

its possible that Viacom called up the head of programming at MTV and said hey quit playing Janet’s shit until further notice, but if that’s the case then why did Viacom-owned BET continue to fiercely promote Janet and her projects? And VH1 for that matter because I remember seeing IWY and ANDS videos played on VH1 AM video blocks almost as much as BET. So I take issue with the full blame being levied at Viacom as these channels (MTV, BET, VH1) because while yes they are under the Viacom umbrella, they still have their own CEOs and program directors and marketers that also have vast input in what they choose to show on their networks.

5 hours ago, State of the Game said:

Image result for Oprah cut the bullshit

........That's REALLY the excuse you want to use?.....1....out of 3......and still, they stopped playing music videos in 2011, get that weak excuse out of here

Really? That's new, I've never "people" ONLY blame him and not him along with all of the responsible, Viacom wasn't performing the Superbowl, he was. He got what he deserved

He publically pushed her down and publically never took a opportunity to  atone for that thus he's content with her still being down, THATS a fact as clear as day too.

3 hours ago, Illi said:

It's not even the decline but rather she also disappeared from oldies stations and stopped being labled as a major industry figure. She was relegated to being a celebrity with a music career.  It became controversial to say she made an impact. She wasn't even seen as an 80s staple.

Exactly, like someone can crap on the music all they want, point is NOTHING she released validates that treatment. She was blocked PERIOD, she was blocked and banned before she released ANYTHING, hell nobody was listening to the songs and saying ".....no, I don't think it'll resonate, don't play it"

3 hours ago, Dal said:

Viacom was surely a factor, but moreso it was MTV that had to have made the clear decision to blacklist her. I remember on TRL they had a segment announcing new album releases on the day that Damita Jo came out and they ran through every random album dropping that day but mysteriously didn’t even acknowledge DJ.

its possible that Viacom called up the head of programming at MTV and said hey quit playing Janet’s shit until further notice, but if that’s the case then why did Viacom-owned BET continue to fiercely promote Janet and her projects? And VH1 for that matter because I remember seeing IWY and ANDS videos played on VH1 AM video blocks almost as much as BET. So I take issue with the full blame being levied at Viacom as these channels (MTV, BET, VH1) because while yes they are under the Viacom umbrella, they still have their own CEOs and program directors and marketers that also have vast input in what they choose to show on their networks.

Viacom was literally the biggest and only factor.. Viacom owns MTV 

I’m not sure what deal BET cut with Viacom/Janet 

2 hours ago, jarrylf said:

Image result for Oprah cut the bullshit

........That's REALLY the excuse you want to use?.....1....out of 3......and still, they stopped playing music videos in 2011, get that weak excuse out of here

Really? That's new, I've never "people" ONLY blame him and not him along with all of the responsible, Viacom wasn't performing the Superbowl, he was. He got what he deserved

He publically pushed her down and publically never took a opportunity to  atone for that thus he's content with her still being down, THATS a fact as clear as day too.

Exactly, like someone can crap on the music all they want, point is NOTHING she released validates that treatment. She was blocked PERIOD, she was blocked and banned before she released ANYTHING, hell nobody was listening to the songs and saying ".....no, I don't think it'll resonate, don't play it"

Ignoring the first paragraph 

He doesn’t have to power to push her down completely and the only reason we had a JJappDay was because of JT. No he never apologize... probably never will. It’s not his fault Viacom went for Janet and not him

She was blocked from radio but there’s other venues she went down and critics agreed, the music was shit ??‍♂️