What if Janet made an album full of ballads?

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Nope. It would be like memoirs of an imperfect angel, an uneventful album with 2 or 3 stand out tracks.

She'd have to dip into a more soulful sound and make it very personal for it to work. Something like Bitter by meshell ndegeocello.

I just feel Janet hasn't had a solid ballad in many years. No Sleeep was cool, but her ballads and midtempos haven't been great since maybe AFY. 

Roll Witchu is classic though.  (Mid tempo)

I'd want her to have something along the sounds of KING, HER, Sevyn (Before I Do), Syd (Let me Know) etc. 

32 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

I just feel Janet hasn't had a solid ballad in many years. No Sleeep was cool, but her ballads and midtempos haven't been great since maybe AFY. 

I'd want her to have something along the sounds of KING, HER, Sevyn (Before I Do), Syd (Let me Know) etc. 

Or "it Won't Stop" :wub: nEXT would be cute too but it doesn't feel like a ballad to me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Her Mid Tempos are on point 

The rest are meh

10 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Lessons Learned (no matter how boring y’all say it is has some of her best lyrics - she wrote all of it— in a while) and POY were a return to form in my opinion

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, J. said:

Lessons Learned (no matter how boring y’all say it is has some of her best lyrics - she wrote all of it— in a while) and POY were a return to form in my opinion

I like Lessons Learned too. It’s not her best song by far but I still like it.

12 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

what about After You Fall ?

3 hours ago, Illi said:

Y'all will not pay Take Care dust at all.

I can understand Discipline leaving a bad taste with the ballads, but otherwise it was pretty hit or miss.

Take Care is the shit. I do forget about it and I also love Love 2 Love, I love Truly and then some others pop up in mind but overall they've been more hit or miss. 

The midtempos are also doing ok but I know what it could be. So part of it is just my thoughts on where I know she could go & how dope that would be IMO. 

6 hours ago, GTIG said:

what about After You Fall ?

Honestly lyrically it's the most honest and real. But vocally & musically it doesn't give me what I need. It's a bit of a snooze fest.