The Other News Thread

Mr. Wonder

Also -

@Dal have you seen it’s official that Maroon 5 are the Super Bowl halftime? I’m not saying this to be an asshole but I really want everyone to realize how deep the super bowl affected Janet’s life. Her redoing it doesn’t feel like a win for her…it’s a bit traumatizing and she’s worked hard af for the last 14 years to distance herself from even being mentioned or correlated to that event at all. 

28 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Also -

@Dal have you seen it’s official that Maroon 5 are the Super Bowl halftime? I’m not saying this to be an asshole but I really want everyone to realize how deep the super bowl affected Janet’s life. Her redoing it doesn’t feel like a win for her…it’s a bit traumatizing and she’s worked hard af for the last 14 years to distance herself from even being mentioned or correlated to that event at all. 

I did see that and I like maroon 5 and my daughter fkn loves the shit out of that Girls Like You song and since Cardi B is appearing during halftime too then surely they’ll perform that song and it’ll be all worth it because my daughter will be in love with it...

that being said... wait til next year when the Super Bowl ain’t on muhfkn CBS playa!! ? 

55 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Janet saying she wants to work with Daniel Ceaser & H.E.R. Really has me hype that she’s even thinking in that direction. While a good amount of what’s “being worked on” is up tempo stuff. Those artists specifically would give Janet the RnB vibe I feel she hasn’t captured in awhile. 

No Sleeep great RnB but it’s not IGL, FHTF, ATAP...those staple tracks she has. I think those artists have very dope RnB roots. I hope they’ve inspired her to create within those lines. 

Disagreeeee we got R&B Janet for three albums straight and those albums are in her top 5 worst albums 

24 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

Disagreeeee we got R&B Janet for three albums straight and those albums are in her top 5 worst albums 

Besides the fact I completely disagree with Damita Jo being anywhere near a bad album...idk what you would call RnB Janet that MATCHED up to her other RnB music. 

For me, I’ll take -

I Want You

Take Care 

No Sleep

im sure I’m missing some but if you’re not familiar with artists like Daniel Caeser and HER you should listen to their music. It would be GREAT to hear Janet dig back into those lanes. 

3 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Besides the fact I completely disagree with Damita Jo being anywhere near a bad album...idk what you would call RnB Janet that MATCHED up to her other RnB music. 

For me, I’ll take -

I Want You

Take Care 

No Sleep

im sure I’m missing some but if you’re not familiar with artists like Daniel Caeser and HER you should listen to their music. It would be GREAT to hear Janet dig back into those lanes. 

From Damita Jo to Discipline are R&B tracks or a variation of R&B. Sprinkled with very few pop tracks

I’ll pass 

28 minutes ago, Game For Now said:

From Damita Jo to Discipline are R&B tracks or a variation of R&B. Sprinkled with very few pop tracks

I’ll pass 

Every album has some RnB on it. Every single one because Janet is an RnB artist who was about to cross to pop & Pop itself is nothing but a blend of multiple genres that were made Popular. 

Yet in recent years Janet hasn’t had a solid or classic - on repeat RnB ballad or mid tempo. HER & Daniel Caesar’s lane is a very good lane for Janet to play in.

I want to remind you that you were also against Janet working with anyone but Jimmy & Terry because of the albums you hated - yet you have Made for Now. You’ve been against the EP idea, yet you’ll be bumping it & very happy with the roll out. Stop discrediting before you give it time to be experienced. Before you even take a listen. 

1 hour ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Every album has some RnB on it. Every single one because Janet is an RnB artist who was about to cross to pop & Pop itself is nothing but a blend of multiple genres that were made Popular. 

Yet in recent years Janet hasn’t had a solid or classic - on repeat RnB ballad or mid tempo. HER & Daniel Caesar’s lane is a very good lane for Janet to play in.

I want to remind you that you were also against Janet working with anyone but Jimmy & Terry because of the albums you hated - yet you have Made for Now. You’ve been against the EP idea, yet you’ll be bumping it & very happy with the roll out. Stop discrediting before you give it time to be experienced. Before you even take a listen. 

They’re R&B albums that were poorly executed, I can agree there. 

Agree to disagree. No Sleeep >> anything and every R&B track from her three red-headed step children. You’re biased towards Daniel & HER. R&B is dead

I want to remind you that Jimmy/Terry contributed to MFN. The idea of an EP is stupid which is why Janet hasn’t all out said “EP”. I was bumping the 3 mistakes too but that don’t mean much 

Im not discrediting anything but Janet is better solo than with some D-list singers   (Rappers are awesome tho.. except JD and Khia)

1 hour ago, Game For Now said:

They’re R&B albums that were poorly executed, I can agree there. 

Agree to disagree. No Sleeep >> anything and every R&B track from her three red-headed step children. You’re biased towards Daniel & HER. R&B is dead

I want to remind you that Jimmy/Terry contributed to MFN. The idea of an EP is stupid which is why Janet hasn’t all out said “EP”. I was bumping the 3 mistakes too but that don’t mean much 

You’re literally not someone who has any reputable opinion on RnB & to some degree music at all. Your opinion is usually catty and uninformed. Jimmy & Terry’s contributions are not significant enough to the point where they’re seen as lead producers. Period. 

Lastly HER just performed to a crowd of 10k people. RnB is very alive and well. You’re very detached and live in a bubble. Nonetheless, an ep makes complete sense for her strategy it doesn’t make sense for you because you can’t grasp how it works. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

You’re literally not someone who has any reputable opinion on RnB & to some degree music at all. Your opinion is usually catty and uninformed. Jimmy & Terry’s contributions are not significant enough to the point where they’re seen as lead producers. Period. 

Lastly HER just performed to a crowd of 10k people. RnB is very alive and well. You’re very detached and live in a bubble. Nonetheless, an ep makes complete sense for her strategy it doesn’t make sense for you because you can’t grasp how it works. 

Oh? When did I say I was? Quit the bull shit as if listening to Daniel singing about sex makes you some reputable music guru. Your opinion on music is smug. ?????? Congratulations on you liking someone no one else has heard of ?????? Your opinion is biased bc you’re so far up his and HER’s musicial asses

The R&B genre is a dying genre. Just because YOU listen to it doesn’t mean it is not. That’s like me collecting CDs and pretending physical copies are on the rise in the US.   

Jimmy & Terry are significant enough for Janet to keep saying it in literally every promo interview for MFN... something’s she’s never done.. ever. Sooo Jimmy & Terry are apart of the track which makes me love it even more ^_^ 

IDGAF how many people she performed in front of. Quantity =/= quality..  that applies to any artist 

An EP is stupid and a waste of time. I know how it works for no bodies like Daniel & HER 

But please, continue to smugly tell me what to listen to :coffee: 

2 hours ago, Game For Now said:

Oh? When did I say I was? Quit the bull shit as if listening to Daniel singing about sex makes you some reputable music guru. Your opinion on music is smug. ?????? Congratulations on you liking someone no one else has heard of ?????? Your opinion is biased bc you’re so far up his and HER’s musicial asses

The R&B genre is a dying genre. Just because YOU listen to it doesn’t mean it is not. That’s like me collecting CDs and pretending physical copies are on the rise in the US.   

Jimmy & Terry are significant enough for Janet to keep saying it in literally every promo interview for MFN... something’s she’s never done.. ever. Sooo Jimmy & Terry are apart of the track which makes me love it even more ^_^ 

IDGAF how many people she performed in front of. Quantity =/= quality..  that applies to any artist 

An EP is stupid and a waste of time. I know how it works for no bodies like Daniel & HER 

But please, continue to smugly tell me what to listen to :coffee: 

It’s funny that you go up for Janet yet this entire era with everything she’s said and done you’ve been a complete contrarian to. You didn’t even know what the fuck the breakfast club was, like MANY of the people here, but it has millions of followers and advit supporters. You literally think your fucking small ass bubble is a reflection of what people are collectively experiencing. There are artists who a whole group of people don’t listen to yet they sell out stadiums. Markets can be abundant & diverse  

According to Janet RnB will never die and it is her genre.  “It is “our” music” according to Janet herself. So if I’m far up their musical asses what the fuck is she? She’s mentioned them in about as many interviews as she has Jimmy & Terry. Not only as ppl she supports but people she would love to work with. She has even taken her time to PERSONALLY go to HER concert. You OBVIOUSLY don’t listen bc you would know Daniel Cesaer isn’t making much sexual music. 

Its not my opinion that’s smug it’s that when dealing with a condescending ass hole you have to talk to them at their level. You have complained since this entire process started. You take shots at everything & still you don’t get how an EP can be working in Janet’s favor, again due to your bubble, so you call it a waste. Fuck outta here. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

It’s funny that you go up for Janet yet this entire era with everything she’s said and done you’ve been a complete contrarian to. You didn’t even know what the fuck the breakfast club was, like MANY of the people here, but it has millions of followers and advit supporters. You literally think your fucking small ass bubble is a reflection of what people are collectively experiencing. There are artists who a whole group of people don’t listen to yet they sell out stadiums. Markets can be abundant & diverse  

According to Janet RnB will never die and it is her genre.  “It is “our” music” according to Janet herself. So if I’m far up their musical asses what the fuck is she? She’s mentioned them in about as many interviews as she has Jimmy & Terry. Not only as ppl she supports but people she would love to work with. She has even taken her time to PERSONALLY go to HER concert. You OBVIOUSLY don’t listen bc you would know Daniel Cesaer isn’t making much sexual music. 

Its not my opinion that’s smug it’s that when dealing with a condescending ass hole you have to talk to them at their level. You have complained since this entire process started. You take shots at everything & still you don’t get how an EP can be working in Janet’s favor, again due to your bubble, so you call it a waste. Fuck outta here. 

You that upset I don’t know a radio show that I do not listen to? :lmao: I don’t pretend that I know everything like you do Mr. Smug. I will look shit up in a heartbeat. Daniel & HER don’t sell out stadiums. I KNOW that

Cool. Janet gave her opinion and that’s fine but facts are facts. Streams, sales, eyes of R&B music is on the decline. 

In case you live in a bubble... Idgaf who Janet allegedly listens to or supports. She’s named names for the last twenty years of artists she enjoys. She supported her brother, I do not. Aaliyah, Missy, some other non-factors between 2004-2009. I’m not that far up her ass that I care about who she listens to

You think you’re the first smug fan of no bodies to invade this forum? Remember Tinashe? Ciara? Neither does anyone else 

i read his lyrics to his debut album and most of the songs are about love :yawn: no substance 

An EP is a waste.of.time 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 12:52 PM, FreelovesJJ said:

For me, I’ll take -

I Want You

Take Care 

No Sleep

that's because it's not

• Upvote 1

Fans launch petition for complete Janet Jackson archival campaign

Following Jackson's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nomination, fans have banded together to get her massive catalog the archival campaign it deserves

This year saw Janet Jackson make her triumphant return with “Made For Now”, her first single since 2015 acclaimed album Unbreakable. The R&B legend also appeared on The Tonight Show to perform the track, marking Jackson’s first late-night TV stint in nearly 15 years, and she served as the subject of DiscographyConsequence of Sound’s own podcast celebrating historic music catalogs. The momentum of 2018 has all led up to last week and perhaps the biggest news of her career yet: a coveted Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2019 nomination.

With Jackson and her career-spanning catalog firmly back in the spotlight, Discography fans have launched an official Change.org petition, calling on her label to finally launch a proper archival campaign the Grammy-winner deserves. Classic acts from that same time have received countless reissue packages dedicated to their iconic work, complete with outtakes, demos, alternative mixes and the like, but believe it or not, fans have been without any modern, massive Jackson re-releases — even from her most popular eras, 1989’s Rhythm Nation and 1997’s Velvet Rope.

“We as fans are saddened by the fact that none of the classic albums (ControlRhythm Nation 1814janet. The Velvet Rope etc) have never been re-issued, remastered nor re-released,” the petition pleads. “While Ms. Jackson keeps setting trends and breaking records with her tour, there is a whole generation of music lovers waiting to be introduced to Miss Janet’s back-catalogue of music.

“Millions of fans have been requesting for a special or limited release of any vinyl, album or tour for decades now,” continues the petition, which is less than 100 signatures away from its goal. We feel it’s the right time to do so, and we feel that as loyal fans we deserve to enjoy and purchase the albums we love as remastered and repackaged items, as well as on vinyl.”

A search online proves the petition true: For well over a decade, fans on various forums have wondered about and asked for a complete reissuing of Janet’s catalog. As the petition notes, maybe now finally “it’s time” labels honor their requests.

Check out the petition Here

On 9/19/2018 at 2:28 PM, FreelovesJJ said:

Janet saying she wants to work with Daniel Ceaser & H.E.R. Really has me hype that she’s even thinking in that direction. While a good amount of what’s “being worked on” is up tempo stuff. Those artists specifically would give Janet the RnB vibe I feel she hasn’t captured in awhile. 

No Sleeep great RnB but it’s not IGL, FHTF, ATAP...those staple tracks she has. I think those artists have very dope RnB roots. I hope they’ve inspired her to create within those lines. 

I can agree, I just feel like R&B has been side lined and so few are still checking for it like new R&B and that's not a good thing. I just know I enjoy me some Janet and it doesnt matter

• 1 month later...