Bigger era control or RN1814 and why

Khalil

.......I get that you're new to this....but I swear if you just look up some of her stats & facts, or watch some of her biographic specials through the years, the answer to the question is obvious in a way that this question feels (maybe it's just me) a little...dense. And that's just because it's REALLY easy to see when you look at her information & story. RN lasted successfully through 3 calendar years while control lasted 2, RN had 4 #1s (still the only artist to have 3 #1's from 1 album 3 different years) & Control had 1, RN was her debut tour and holds the record 29yrs later for being the most successful debut tour. That's when her reference in TV shows & movies really started, her influence in fashion was more obvious, tons more awards, tons of respect... 

Here is a good start so is her icon special & her E! True Hollywood story (but good luck finding that online). Her Driven biography special is the BEST for going in depth about her childhood and school issues and all the pre-Rhythm Nation stuff, it's 1 of my favorites but it stops at her 1987 Grammy performance...because they speant so much time giving depth about her childhood, so I wish they had another hour to go more in depth, but for what it is it's great for learning about her challenges before her success. Plus a shit ton of RARE (never before or sense fully released)  pics & footage throughout her life

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jarrylf said:

.......I get that you're new to this....but I swear if you just look up some of her stats & facts, or watch some of her biographic specials through the years, the answer to the question is obvious in a way that this question feels (maybe it's just me) a little...dense. And that's just because it's REALLY easy to see when you look at her information & story. RN lasted successfully through 3 calendar years while control lasted 2, RN had 4 #1s (still the only artist to have 3 #1's from 1 album 3 different years) & Control had 1, RN was her debut tour and holds the record 29yrs later for being the most successful debut tour. That's when her reference in TV shows & movies really started, her influence in fashion was more obvious, tons more awards, tons of respect... 

Here is a good start so is her icon special & her E! True Hollywood story (but good luck finding that online). Her Driven biography special is the BEST for going in depth about her childhood and school issues and all the pre-Rhythm Nation stuff, it's 1 of my favorites but it stops at her 1987 Grammy performance...because they speant so much time giving depth about her childhood, so I wish they had another hour to go more in depth, but for what it is it's great for learning about her challenges before her success. Plus a shit ton of RARE (never before or sense fully released)  pics & footage throughout her life

Thanks jerry   I know I can watch documentaries and stuff I just want y’all opinions that’s it

RN. I became a "stan" during this era(before there were stans-lol).  She upped the ante and genuinely cared about what's going on in the world. The visuals. The music. The fashion(even in all black, she slayed). The videos.  Slaying in three separate calendar years. Producing 7 top five singles. The list goes on and on. Truly a legend. WR6NZpz.gif 

But Control is my favorite album from her because I witnessed greatness right before my eyes.  Her story was iconic.  Finally taking control of her life from the reins of her father. And in the process DRAGGING him and making a name for herself. The foundation.  The blueprint. WR6NZpz.gif 

And for that..

Image result for I'VE decided to stan forever jpg 

31 minutes ago, Khalil said:

Thanks jerry   I know I can watch documentaries and stuff I just want y’all opinions that’s it

I can dig that, that's what I like about your other thread of conversation, this  one though, I get it you want to hear from the ones that experienced it in real time and from their perspectives, but with this comparison, what I've gotten in my experience back when I was new to being a fan and mingling with others, is the answers to that question really presents itself in a obvious type of way. Control was huge, but RN was a complete domination in like every way. The question of which we like better & why might be more helpful than "which was bigger" because our opinions can & do differ on which we'd choose maybe, but  in terms of which was bigger it's only 1 answer.

9 minutes ago, Voodoo said:

Chile..

You just posted a clip in that shady ass thread of yours about Janet receiving all of those Billboard awards...what album prompted her to receive all of those awards?!...like c'mon sis :rolleyes:

i know^_^^_^

7 hours ago, jarrylf said:

I can dig that, that's what I like about your other thread of conversation, this  one though, I get it you want to hear from the ones that experienced it in real time and from their perspectives, but with this comparison, what I've gotten in my experience back when I was new to being a fan and mingling with others, is the answers to that question really presents itself in a obvious type of way. Control was huge, but RN was a complete domination in like every way. The question of which we like better & why might be more helpful than "which was bigger" because our opinions can & do differ on which we'd choose maybe, but  in terms of which was bigger it's only 1