BREAKING: SOTW Tour Back On this Summer; “New” Promo Pix

I think she is trying to promote a more production-driven show that appeals more to the GP. And it helps that she has the festivals to drive sales. Otherwise, I don't me much of a point doing more US shows, especially some that didn't do so great.

You can tell she’s about to drop a whole roll out and revamp. New music, I’m sure videos, performances to back it, and even new dancers. 

I bet she’s even about to give new content & some other type of big push for what she has going on. Think about how active she’s been and how it always leads to her doing “something”. It’s obvious she’s working. 

I have no doubt she’ll go to Europe but I think she’s trying to scale up to Europe. The fans that come here are die-hard fans but the ones she has to pull in and make buy are the ones who don’t realize she’s putting out so much work just yet. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Illi said:

I think she is trying to promote a more production-driven show that appeals more to the GP. And it helps that she has the festivals to drive sales. Otherwise, I don't me much of a point doing more US shows, especially some that didn't do so great.

But most of the shows did great she was able to sell out most  of her dates without promo and music and that’s good she just needs to promote more I think the festival idea is perfect for her and I can’t wait it will become a bigger success 

My guess on this tour?  She's trying to build up some steam before the international leg (which should be obvious given the amount of festivals).  It also gives her the opportunity to fill in some time gaps around her festival dates, and secure additional bag for her crew on this very tight summer tour.  

Two other guesses are 1) She wants some sell-outs  and 2) She wants to really build up her younger audience.  The festivals, a mid-summer tour... it's honestly a great promotion strategy before you drop new music.  Lacking huge front end promo budgets from their record companies, this is how young artists build support for their albums and mixtapes today (ex. Logic).  The amphitheaters should sell out rather quickly, and how awesome would a complete sell-out tour look before new music drops??  

Just guesses, so we never know.  But I can just about guarantee that the Texas show will sell out, b/c it's the only date she's playing here.  People from Austin, Houston and Dallas will be fighting for those tickets, and the notion of Austin having a low-performer date will be erased.  

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

You can tell she’s about to drop a whole roll out and revamp. New music, I’m sure videos, performances to back it, and even new dancers. 

I bet she’s even about to give new content & some other type of big push for what she has going on. Think about how active she’s been and how it always leads to her doing “something”. It’s obvious she’s working. 

I have no doubt she’ll go to Europe but I think she’s trying to scale up to Europe. The fans that come here are die-hard fans but the ones she has to pull in and make buy are the ones who don’t realize she’s putting out so much work just yet. 

I think Janet's playing chess not checkers. I think she is trying to be more ambitious about her projects and that will take more strategic execution.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Nah... some thinking a promo tour by Janet 

I mean I'll be pleasantly surprised if she does this, but I don't know why people think she's gonna patronize the media or something of that manner anytime soon.

So yeah, the festivals are promoting the tour and since the tour is only a handful of cities, it seems like a launching pad for something else.

• Upvote 1

I just started reading the article from the Washington Post, why in the hell is she going back to Austin, Texas when it was one of her worst attended dates?

4,973 / 10,560   

EDIT: Okay she's going back to some of the same cities but she is playing outdoor venues so the Austin gig isnt the same venue as before

I'm lovin the new pony tail fly gurl look that jacket is on point get em Janet !!:excited: