BREAKING: SOTW Tour Back On this Summer; “New” Promo Pix

On 4/24/2018 at 10:15 AM, FreelovesJJ said:

How do you think Janet feels about Super Bowl treating minorities speaking out against the same thing her tour was about?

Maybe Janet can bring her show to the SB Halfime platform and it could be a national educational experience.. a win-win for all sides of the spectrum.. and who better to do that than someone who’s been bringing massive amounts of awareness to these issues for decades.

Imagine the press release the NFL would create to appease skeptics: “In continuation of our commitment to understanding and appreciating all voices from all walks of life, we gladly welcome any messages of social inequality and injustices that Ms. Jackson will bring to our Halftime stage.” Etc etc etc..

On 4/24/2018 at 11:04 AM, State of the Game said:

The perfect story! That probably won’t happen bc the NFL don’t give a shit

Who is Queen Elsa? 

I’ll take all your sarcastic comment as a compliment.. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, or even likely. But to think that the NFL didn’t take notice of the reaction to Janet NOT performing alongside JT (i.e. JJ trending higher than JT/NFL on Super Bowl Sunday, JT having the least viewed HT show in almost a decade, etc) and that they’d want to redeem themselves in light of their ongoing controversies all sort of adds up to sense making...

and you basically told me to “let go” of my SB theory..and I was watching Frozen with my kids the other day...and well.. you get it now ?? 

23 minutes ago, Dal said:

I’ll take all your sarcastic comment as a compliment.. I’m not saying it’s gonna happen, or even likely. But to think that the NFL didn’t take notice of the reaction to Janet NOT performing alongside JT (i.e. JJ trending higher than JT/NFL on Super Bowl Sunday, JT having the least viewed HT show in almost a decade, etc) and that they’d want to redeem themselves in light of their ongoing controversies all sort of adds up to sense making...

and you basically told me to “let go” of my SB theory..and I was watching Frozen with my kids the other day...and well.. you get it now ?? 

It may “make sense” but so does putting the queen of music in the HOF

??‍♂️?

5 hours ago, Dal said:

Maybe Janet can bring her show to the SB Halfime platform and it could be a national educational experience.. a win-win for all sides of the spectrum.. and who better to do that than someone who’s been bringing massive amounts of awareness to these issues for decades.

Imagine the press release the NFL would create to appease skeptics: “In continuation of our commitment to understanding and appreciating all voices from all walks of life, we gladly welcome any messages of social inequality and injustices that Ms. Jackson will bring to our Halftime stage.” Etc etc etc..

As much as I hear what your thought process is and get why you feel that way. I don’t know if you might consider what it felt like to Janet to be blackballed and to watch the person who participated with you thrive, distance themselves, & then be supported on the main stage that tarnished her career. 

The experience of very political racism being used as a scapegoat for politics and change. Having jokes made about her, having to answer to the questions 8 years after while Justin is NEVER asked, losing endorsements, not being able to tour for 2 albums & then when she gets to tour having to cut it short because she’s no longer selling like she used to - and touring being the PRIMARY way artists make their money. Having to make nice and play nice while everyone is playing you so dirty. Then allow that same platform you were completely dismantled from to reach out in THEIR time of need & say - hey, let us use you as a pawn again to show we’re trying to be “understanding”... after we already allowed the other half back before you. 

Janet experienced racism and sexism in a VERY BOLD form, and the angle you’re presenting kinda has racial implications that I’m sure you’re not aware of. It’s like - You get whatever we give you. If we say you’re welcomed back then you’re welcomed back. You dance when we say dance...this is a very twisted display of control.

If Janet believes in karma which I KNOW she does - I’m sure she’s looking at their fall from grace as a response to what they allowed to happen to her. 

Just now, FreelovesJJ said:

that tarnished her career. 

Having jokes made about her, losing endorsements, not being able to tour for 2 albums & then when she gets to tour having to cut it short because she’s no longer selling like she used to. 

Releasing mediocre music tarnished her career. 

She also changed the landscape of the entire United States entertainment business, inspired the start up of a billion dollar online business, scored #1 movies at the box office despite them being for Tyler Perry, and. Also ageism played the BIGGEST part imo

5 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Releasing mediocre music tarnished her career. 

She also changed the landscape of the entire United States entertainment business, inspired the start up of a billion dollar online business, scored #1 movies at the box office despite them being for Tyler Perry, and. Also ageism played the BIGGEST part imo

Mediocre music has never stopped some artists from reaching great heights. People will hate  song and with enough promo and radio play you learn to love it. 

Tyler Perry scores number one movies with or without Janet which I’m sure also helped making her cool with working with him. 

The landscape was going to change she said herself she felt like a pawn being used for it. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

Mediocre music has never stopped some artists from reaching great heights. People will hate  song and with enough promo and radio play you learn to love it. 

Tyler Perry scores number one movies with or without Janet which I’m sure also helped making her cool with working with him. 

The landscape was going to change she said herself she felt like a pawn being used for it. 

Who in her age group? 

Yes.. but Janet isn’t just “some artist”

My comment was about Janet not Tyler.. she who gave him his third largest box office opening and fifth most grossing movie. That’s impressive imo

Not here for conspiracy theories. And even if that was true, I doubt Justin was in on it

14 minutes ago, State of the Game said:

Who in her age group? 

Yes.. but Janet isn’t just “some artist”

My comment was about Janet not Tyler.. she who gave him his third largest box office opening and fifth most grossing movie. That’s impressive imo

Not here for conspiracy theories. And even if that was true, I doubt Justin was in on it

At the time Janet was going through her spiral Madonna & Mariah were still making waves and Mariah was doing it as a comeback. 

You feel it’s impressive, but Tyler has an audience. Period. It was his 3rd largest. Not his second. Not his first. So it’s like his audience PLUS the Janet fans who wouldn’t have supported otherwise boosted the numbers but he has an audience all by himself. 

“Conspiracy theory” is used to belittle a point. The landscape was changing regardless the entire nation was being revamped due to war & privacy shifts. Controls have gotten tighter we all know that. Janet was being used as a pawn in the way that she was no more guilty than Justin but her being a woman, a black woman, & Jackson made it easy to sensationalize. It was fake outrage over something very minor. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, FreelovesJJ said:

At the time Janet was going through her spiral Madonna & Mariah were still making waves and Mariah was doing it as a comeback. 

You feel it’s impressive, but Tyler has an audience. Period. It was his 3rd largest. Not his second. Not his first. So it’s like his audience PLUS the Janet fans who wouldn’t have supported otherwise boosted the numbers but he has an audience all by himself. 

“Conspiracy theory” is used to belittle a point. The landscape was changing regardless the entire nation was being revamped due to war & privacy shifts. Controls have gotten tighter we all know that. Janet was being used as a pawn in the way that she was no more guilty than Justin but her being a woman, a black woman, & Jackson made it easy to sensationalize. It was fake outrage over something very minor. 

Right... and where Mariah now? Stuck in Las Vegas and reality TV. And while Madonna is a top performing act, her albums aren’t exactly selling with heavy promo. 

His first of the “none Madea movies” which are his bread & butter. You’re trying to downplay her success. It’s weird especially since you thinking the music and age WASNT the problem (Mariah was 34 when Mimi was released)

Janet had nothing to do with war. We’ve been in war for years before 2004. The Entertainment industry has evolved thanks to Janet Jackson. She started the conversation. 

It wasn’t “minor”. Never has a person exposed themselves in front of a world wide audience.

You're implying some mega group decided Janet’s career path. And That this group of white men conspired against Janet (and not Justin). You have no proof of that.. therefore it’s a conspiracy... theory

2 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

As much as I hear what your thought process is and get why you feel that way. I don’t know if you might consider what it felt like to Janet to be blackballed and to watch the person who participated with you thrive, distance themselves, & then be supported on the main stage that tarnished her career. 

The experience of very political racism being used as a scapegoat for politics and change. Having jokes made about her, having to answer to the questions 8 years after while Justin is NEVER asked, losing endorsements, not being able to tour for 2 albums & then when she gets to tour having to cut it short because she’s no longer selling like she used to - and touring being the PRIMARY way artists make their money. Having to make nice and play nice while everyone is playing you so dirty. Then allow that same platform you were completely dismantled from to reach out in THEIR time of need & say - hey, let us use you as a pawn again to show we’re trying to be “understanding”... after we already allowed the other half back before you. 

Janet experienced racism and sexism in a VERY BOLD form, and the angle you’re presenting kinda has racial implications that I’m sure you’re not aware of. It’s like - You get whatever we give you. If we say you’re welcomed back then you’re welcomed back. You dance when we say dance...this is a very twisted display of control.

If Janet believes in karma which I KNOW she does - I’m sure she’s looking at their fall from grace as a response to what they allowed to happen to her. 

All of what you said is true and valid and I’ve made all of those same points over and over throughout the years.. but it’s a new day.. she’s a mom now.. I don’t think she’s in the headspace of holding grudges, especially when the CEOs and leaders of said companies/entities are no longer in play.. it’s a new world out there.. when’s the last time Janet did all these crazy music festivals one after the other? When’s the last time she got married/divorced? When’s the last time she wa a mother? All of that shit (and then some) had occurred since her fall from grace (and yes, the quality of her music did play a big role in that downfall).. regardless, again, I never said it was probable or likely to happen.. but. I. Would. Not. Be. Made. At. All. If. She. Chose. To. Do. Just. That!

teach this country a lesson, Ms. Jackson... educate them! I’m here for it

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dal said:

All of what you said is true and valid and I’ve made all of those same points over and over throughout the years.. but it’s a new day.. she’s a mom now.. I don’t think she’s in the headspace of holding grudges, especially when the CEOs and leaders of said companies/entities are no longer in play.. it’s a new world out there.. when’s the last time Janet did all these crazy music festivals one after the other? When’s the last time she got married/divorced? When’s the last time she wa a mother? All of that shit (and then some) had occurred since her fall from grace (and yes, the quality of her music did play a big role in that downfall).. regardless, again, I never said it was probable or likely to happen.. but. I. Would. Not. Be. Made. At. All. If. She. Chose. To. Do. Just. That!

Technically, she was married/divorced twice (counting the annulment). She also made great albums after divorces :shifty: 

She has a new team backing her as well. As well as being an independent artist. That helps

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Dal said:

It’s not a grudge it’s a lesson on who holds your value. Do you decide you’re worthy or  you let the industry’s politics decide your value? Her being a mother is even more reason to show your child to not allow the powers that be to determine your relevancy and worthiness. 

She has WORKED HER ASS OFF to get to just where she is right now. She more than MOST legends had to fight for her respect. Even she said in the opening of Unbreakable - they must have forgot who I am. 

Janet understands the new day & current time means connect with the culture. Many people are divided on the NFL - she would literally not be teaching anything they shouldn’t have already learned from Colin Kapernick. She would strictly be a pawn to pander for views. She would have to know that. 

She focuses on her new music, content, overseas tour, and business ventures and she’d be good. 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

Right... and where Mariah now? Stuck in Las Vegas and reality TV. And while Madonna is a top performing act, her albums aren’t exactly selling with heavy promo. 

His first of the “none Madea movies” which are his bread & butter. You’re trying to downplay her success. It’s weird especially since you thinking the music and age WASNT the problem (Mariah was 34 when Mimi was released)

Janet had nothing to do with war. We’ve been in war for years before 2004. The Entertainment industry has evolved thanks to Janet Jackson. She started the conversation. 

It wasn’t “minor”. Never has a person exposed themselves in front of a world wide audience.

You're implying some mega group decided Janet’s career path. And That this group of white men conspired against Janet (and not Justin). You have no proof of that.. therefore it’s a conspiracy... theory

A group literally decided Janet would not be played on certain networks and airwaves. Literally. 

A group of people LITERALLY decided she would no longer be receiving sponsorship. 

A group of people LITERALLY decided that radio and Tv now must have a delay due to Janet Jackson. 

The fact you missed the point about war & changes we were facing being the prerequisite to things inevitably changing and tightening up...I’m not referring to Janet having anything to do with war. 

Being used as a pawn means that people use your circumstance to drive their own agendas. They use your experience to make gains they find convenient for their progress. She was used as a pawn. 

I won’t argue the very obvious race factor with you because on numerous occasions you tend to be oblivious to where it applies. 

By the way - MAAAANY years ago someone streaked across the stage at an award show. Inside job. No blow out. Commercials were more racey than Janet’s moment. It was minor. If it was so major why did they keep showing it on loop & as a static image on news?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

A group literally decided Janet would not be played on certain networks and airwaves. Literally. 

A group of people LITERALLY decided she would no longer be receiving sponsorship. 

A group of people LITERALLY decided that radio and Tv now must have a delay due to Janet Jackson. 

The fact you missed the point about war & changes we were facing being the prerequisite to things inevitably changing and tightening up...I’m not referring to Janet having anything to do with war. 

Being used as a pawn means that people use your circumstance to drive their own agendas. They use your experience to make gains they find convenient for their progress. She was used as a pawn. 

I won’t argue the very obvious race factor with you because on numerous occasions you tend to be oblivious to where it applies. 

By the way - MAAAANY years ago someone streaked across the stage at an award show. Inside job. No blow out. Commercials were more racey than Janet’s moment. It was minor. If it was so major why did they keep showing it on loop & as a static image on news?

That “group” was Viacom. ??‍♂️They OWN a large portion of multiple media. Yet Janet was still fucking everywhere promoting her music. National outlets. Radio was important during that time but the songs and her age played a factor:

Sponsors dropped Janet and companies didn’t want to sponsor Janet. A very typical thing to happen after a controversy. Please cite your sources that Viacom got rid of Janet’s sponsors

The FCC, a federal agency, decided to incorporate a delay in television that still goes on to this day. That’s change and excellent change at that. Different group though... sooooo

You’re pretending the government pushing the boob agenda to cover up the fact that we’re at war. That’s true (similar to Trump dissing the NFL) but they didn’t force Janet to reveal her breast like Trump didn’t force Colin to take a knee. 

Janet revealed her breast on national tv. Her choice. She maybe a political pawn but 550k real Americans complained. Change had to happen.

Her being a pawn and black has nothing to do with releasing Damita Jo, 20YO, & Discipline though. She could have risen above if she stayed true to her sound. 

Ok. A streaker? On which award show? 

I don’t watch local news bc they brainwash people and 70% of local news stations are owned by one company 

21 hours ago, State of the Game said:

11 hours ago, State of the Game said:

That “group” was Viacom. ??‍♂️They OWN a large portion of multiple media. 

You literally named the group - but are acting like it’s a conspiracy. Lmao. They decided the way Janet’s career would be affected. That affect also played into Janet’s money. It was a blackball. 

Justin was just as much involved as Janet he was not nearly affected the same. There’s no need to debate further about that. 

You keep misconstruing my war reference. Nonetheless - Janet had music that would and could have been received differently had it not been shrouded in controversy. With the politics of business and racism at play. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, State of the Game said:

She could have risen above if she stayed true to her sound. 

...............soooo when radio & video networks (that weren't BET) were banning her music....new and old....for being....hers....you think if they were Great that would've changed her treatment...yet radio wasnt even playing her new stuff at all to even give the gp a chance. Its not that they treated those eras like they didnt exist because they weren't her best, they treated HER like she didnt exist, period

I never get this argument, how her treatment was seemingly "justified" because of the albums. Flop albums from good artists have their chances and then get treated like they dont exist, not the artist ENTIRE catalog & the artist themselves. She hasnt released or done any thing worth all the 'isms in her treatment.

9 hours ago, FreelovesJJ said:

You literally named the group - but are acting like it’s a conspiracy. Lmao. They decided the way Janet’s career would be affected. That affect also played into Janet’s money. It was a blackball. 

Justin was just as much involved as Janet he was not nearly affected the same. There’s no need to debate further about that. 

You keep misconstruing my war reference. Nonetheless - Janet had music that would and could have been received differently had it not been shrouded in controversy. With the politics of business and racism at play. 

Ok. So Viacom told her to release 20YO & Discipline? Viacom went into Janet’s bank account and took the money she earned from Virgin Records? Viacom took the money from the various magazines and television interviews/performance :blink: No. viacom just banned her on their own stations. There’s no conspiracy. Janet was EVERYWHERE. Also you ignored other entities 

It was Janet’s idea. JT just went with it. 

Janet had music that could & would receive a different reaction but instead released Damita Jo, 20YO, & Discipline? Yeah oksy

8 hours ago, jarrylf said:

...............soooo when radio & video networks (that weren't BET) were banning her music....new and old....for being....hers....you think if they were Great that would've changed her treatment...yet radio wasnt even playing her new stuff at all to even give the gp a chance. Its not that they treated those eras like they didnt exist because they weren't her best, they treated HER like she didnt exist, period

I never get this argument, how her treatment was seemingly "justified" because of the albums. Flop albums from good artists have their chances and then get treated like they dont exist, not the artist ENTIRE catalog & the artist themselves. She hasnt released or done any thing worth all the 'isms in her treatment.

Viacom owns a large percentage of radio and many channels of television. I’m not sure what you all don’t get. That’s filed under “big boss said we cannot.” All I’m saying is... It didn’t help that the music sucked

I’m not saying her treatment was “justified”. I’m say Janet Jackson was everywhere between 2004-2008 besides radio and nothing stuck.. That some fans pretend that the musical catalog between 2004-2008 was amazing and if she had not pissed off Viacom she would have been successful with S.Ex, RWY, COM, JALW, IWY.... False 

JJ being blacklisted damaged everything. I truly believe, the Damita Jo album is EVERYTHING and the B-sides were solid. Her Vocals and the vibe was great (such a summer album). So what if the project did not sell (regardless of the SB or not), so what if the critics were negative... The album touched on different genres of music which is something I always LOVED about Janet and her current music lack.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, jarrylf said:

For him to be the person who lashes out about any thing said about Janet it’s odd that he feels that her treatment was partly justified. 

You hit the nail on the head. It doesn’t even make any sense to debate with him any further because he literally is obtuse on the subject. 

5 hours ago, GTIG said:

JJ being blacklisted damaged everything. I truly believe, the Damita Jo album is EVERYTHING and the B-sides were solid. Her Vocals and the vibe was great (such a summer album). So what if the project did not sell (regardless of the SB or not), so what if the critics were negative... The album touched on different genres of music which is something I always LOVED about Janet and her current music lack.

Damita Jo went platinum.. sales doesn’t equal Quality. Damita Jo was Janet’s worst album (quality-wise) since Dream Street.. hands down (before Discipline was born).. there’s another side.. that she don’t hide but  never show... which side did she show that was different? 

Damita Jo’s theme was sex (and love) which was 1) stupid/unoriginal 2) already done by her. 

Edited by State of the Game