FYE Festival Canceled

37 minutes ago, Bailey. said:

GURL ........ is this 2015 again? Bitch I told 2015 to kick rocks yet here she is got Ms. 2018 shook -_-

But you can't blame her this time. I think the problem was that the founder was going through some sexual assault/harassment allegations hence the festival struggling. Hopefully Janet can just book another date.

Also, if you think her demand or lack thereof is an issue, you can also see how the other festivals are shaping up. Essence is probably gonna be OK though.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Illi said:

But you can't blame her this time. I think the problem was that the founder was going through some sexual assault/harassment allegations hence the festival struggling. Hopefully Janet can just book another date.

Also, if you think her demand or lack thereof is an issue, you can also see how the other festivals are shaping up. Essence is probably gonna be OK though.

Completely different demo.

But I’m sure a lot factored into it.

1 minute ago, J. said:

Completely different demo.

But I’m sure a lot factored into it.

That's my point. That's her main demo and she performed there already, so nothing won't likely really happen there outside of her control.

I just don't want Janet taking heat from the fallout if it isn't warranted, but most articles I've read haven't really emphasized her being a major part of the festival.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Illi said:

That's my point. That's her main demo and she performed there already, so nothing won't likely really happen there outside of her control.

I just don't want Janet taking heat from the fallout if it isn't warranted, but most articles I've read haven't really emphasized her being a major part of the festival.

She was the headline 

1 hour ago, State of the Game said:

She was the headline 

Co-headliner. Janet did one night, Florence and the Machine did the other. The fact that the whole festival was canceled proves it wasn’t because of Janet because this crowd is definitely Florence and the Machine’s demo, so the fact that sales were still low speaks volumes. You wouldn’t cancel two nights and dozens of other artists performing because of one artist. There are tons of festivals this summer. More than usual. So low sales combined with over saturation sounds valid.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Black Eagle said:

Co-headliner. Janet did one night, Florence and the Machine did the other. The fact that the whole festival was canceled proves it wasn’t because of Janet because this crowd is definitely Florence and the Machine’s demo, so the fact that sales were still low speaks volumes. You wouldn’t cancel two nights and dozens of other artists performing because of one artist. There are tons of festivals this summer. More than usual. So low sales combined with over saturation sounds valid.

they also spoke on the fact that the lineup was female heavy, and you're right the kids are saving their coins for bigger festivals like Cochella and Lalapolloza or however the hell those are spelled -_-....however moving on I will say this, it disheartens me how readily the kids dismiss someone as great as Janet. Janet is underrated

Definitely wouldn't have been solely because of Janet.  But as the article mentions, they happened to have lined up several acts that already have full performance schedules for the summer.  

And just in case anyone else forgot... FYF is in LA.  Who better to headline an LA festival than Janet Jackson? 

When was the last time a performance she gave in LA did NOT sell out???  A quick clue... it hasn't happened this decade.  

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/01/janet-jackson-sells-out-gibson-amphitheatre-in-less-than-10-minutes-additional-date-added.html  

For the Outside Lands festival in SF, the headliner are also Florence & The Machine (on Saturday) and Janet (on Sunday). yes The Weeknd is also heralding the opening night (Friday). I want to go to this show but only to see Janet on Sunday.. but they’re only selling 3-day passes for almost $400 EACH PERSON! My wife and daughter would go with me but no way in hell we will spend $1200 to see one 2-hour Janet concert! If and when they open up the 1-day ticket sales then I will most likely do that.. 

hopefully The Weeknd is helping them push tickets more than the FYF Fest

8 minutes ago, Dal said:

For the Outside Lands festival in SF, the headliner are also Florence & The Machine (on Saturday) and Janet (on Sunday). yes The Weeknd is also heralding the opening night (Friday). I want to go to this show but only to see Janet on Sunday.. but they’re only selling 3-day passes for almost $400 EACH PERSON! My wife and daughter would go with me but no way in hell we will spend $1200 to see one 2-hour Janet concert! If and when they open up the 1-day ticket sales then I will most likely do that.. 

I read that same complaint over FYF the tickets were 285 for the entire gig and people werent as stoked over the lineup they want bands

22 hours ago, Bailey. said:

Whatever it is having not began touring yet the headlines are spreading "due to poor ticket sales" just Google FYF fest :coffee: Oh God the Twitter comments :sigh:

Baby the Bey fans are eating this up and dragging Janet all over social media smdh. Of course i'm defending her.

1 hour ago, Dal said:

I emailed them about this and told them I only wanna see Janet. This is the email.

• witchuj <witchuj@yahoo.com>
    To:info@sfoutsidelands.com
    Apr 21 at 11:57 AM
    I only want a ticket to see Janet Jackson on sunday but I can't find that option on your site. I don't wanna pay for 3 day passes when I won't be in SF for 3 days. Your site only offers 3 day passes.

• Outside Lands <info@sfoutsidelands.com>
    To:witchuj@yahoo.com
    Apr 23 at 12:32 PM
    Type your response ABOVE THIS LINE to reply
    witchuj
    Subject: tickets

APR 23, 2018  |  12:31PM PDT 
    Customer Service replied:
    Hi,

Thanks for contacting the Outside Lands Music & Arts Festival! 

As of now, only three-day tickets to the festival are available. Single day tickets may be released at a later date—based on availability. Stay tuned at: www.sfoutsidelands.com for updates and announcements.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best,
    Ranger Dave - 
    Outside Lands Music Festival 
    Golden Gate Park // San Francisco, CA 
    info@sfoutsidelands.com // www.sfoutsidelands.com
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoeJoe said:

Baby the Bey fans are eating this up and dragging Janet all over social media smdh. Of course i'm defending her.

Don't argue on social media. Especially with them. Save your time and energy boo.

• Like 1

I dont care about this anymore, it is what it is, I didnt know most of the lineup anyway. Now if Beyonce fans feel the need to sting they might want to check their receipts Janet was here before Beyonce and remains here after, what Janet did was lay down a blue print of how to do it and how to do it right, a blue print followed by others including Beyonce who herself credits Janet. Janet herself said "you can't stay up up up forever" in other words give it a decade or less and some other Black female artist will be bigger than Beyonce

• Upvote 1